PDA

View Full Version : BMW E92 M3

System
11-08-2007, 10:54 AM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/dani_d_mas/BMWE92M3.jpg http://img161.imagevenue.com/loc647/th_33819_BMW_E92_M3_122_647lo.jpg (http://img161.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=33819_BMW_E92_M3_122_647lo.jpg)

Svensson
11-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Definately cool, but not quite freezing :P

sameerrao
11-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Its between uncool and cool for me. I like the older versions better.

Ghostbat
11-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Cool but not really SZ.

Svensson
11-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Me too, no doubt about that, but how can something with a NA mid-front V8 with ITB's, over 100hp/L, manual box, RWD and M-diff be uncool?

chest3r
11-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Uncool!!

First of all, I think these kind of cars (M3, RS4, C63 ) are the best money can buy. Brutal performance in a car that can be used just like a normal 3-series. And I prefer the M3 over RS4 or C63 anytime. The thing is... I'm not in loved with this new one, yet, as I did with the old M3 and specially with the M3 CSL. I don't dislike it but I don't like, yet, as I was expecting. It looks more like a AC Schnitzer version of a 3 series coupe.

gucom
11-09-2007, 07:06 PM
very cool, i like all new 3series coupes, they're all beautiful imo, and some agression doesnt hurt it... i've never seen an E92 M3 in real life though. I'm really not sure which of the german trio i like best, they all have something going for them...

04RCSTI
11-09-2007, 07:54 PM
I think its a little early to make this Poll, wait until its out in the market and rolling on the streets so people can actually see it in person. I said Cool, but I'm an M power fan.

chest3r
11-09-2007, 08:33 PM
seriously uncool.

played out, lame, and hugely overrated. gimme an RS4 and smack this thing a backhand.

So, this one is hugely overrated but the RS4 isn't ?? yeah right....

JoeHahn
11-09-2007, 09:13 PM
seriously uncool.

played out, lame, and hugely overrated. gimme an RS4 and smack this thing a backhand.

So, this one is hugely overrated but the RS4 isn't ?? yeah right....

Well the RS4 is 2 years older, heavier and does pretty much the same thing so I think that would put it ahead of the BMW.

This car is a mockery to the original M3, 10-15 years ago this could have been badged as the new M5 and people wouldn't have been the wiser. Seriously uncool

spanky
11-10-2007, 12:17 AM
Cool for me just because of the fantastic sounding V8.. Other than that I still prefer the old one

sameerrao
11-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Me too, no doubt about that, but how can something with a NA mid-front V8 with ITB's, over 100hp/L, manual box, RWD and M-diff be uncool?

The ideal vote for me for this car would be "average". Its more to do with the trend in which today's cars are going. They tend to carry more features and electronics on it for luxury, safety and performance management. To compensate for the added weight, there is more power. Thus we need mega wheels, mega brakes to make the fat pig handle on the track. It seems so redundant.

We need to add lightness as Colin Chapman used to say.

Svensson
11-10-2007, 02:09 PM

The ideal vote for me for this car would be "average". Its more to do with the trend in which today's cars are going. They tend to carry more features and electronics on it for luxury, safety and performance management. To compensate for the added weight, there is more power. Thus we need mega wheels, mega brakes to make the fat pig handle on the track. It seems so redundant.

We need to add lightness as Colin Chapman used to say.
I definately agree with you, but the problem is that BMW has to make the M3 this way, because costumers demand all that luxury and safety nowadays. And it has to have a V8 because all of the competition is going that way. If they don't follow this trend they'd make us die-hards happy but would lose a lot of costumers that aren't into lightweight minimalist driver's cars. Itīs sad, but thatīs the way it works. But that's exactly where the M3 CSL fits in. Less luxury, less weight... more hardcore, more money. Now letīs hope theyīll also offer a manual next to the DSG-box, although I doubt it. Or better still.. pray for the new 1-series tii 8)

Faultier
11-18-2007, 07:50 PM
not special, but very cool :)

MTTMCC
05-02-2008, 11:38 AM
uncool in my mind, maybe because I got a JC cock-o-meter in my mind