PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear - S10 EP5 - 11th November, 2007 - Discussion

vexor
11-04-2007, 04:55 PM
We take a sideways look at the dirty business of commuting in the capital, as Jeremy, Richard and James race each other across London.

Hammond's new hair-do gets tousled by the Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster in a race against a man with a rocket-propelled rucksack.

The hotly tipped Caparo T1 arrives on the test track, but will the weight of expectation stop it from knocking the Koenigsegg from the top of the lap board?

And our star in a reasonably priced car is pop impresario Simon Cowell.

Ghostbat
11-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Sounds like an average Top Gear episode.

regele
11-04-2007, 05:54 PM
It sounds quite nice to me actually, we finally get another race between the presenters, too bad it's not longer distance though, the caparo test and sometimes those type of races that Hammond will do turn out nice(see RS4 review).

vexor
11-05-2007, 02:57 PM
^^ yeah but look at it this way, the T1 is pretty much a full on race car where as the CCX is more of a road car

MidEngine4Life
11-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Cowell is back eh? Should be interesting to see if he can post the fastest time again. Does sound like sort of an average episode, but to be totally honest, I didnt really enjoy the last episode so Im sure this will be better.

carguy_88
11-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Simon Cowell again? :roll:

martin100
11-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Sounds good to me! What are you all complaining about? The good thing about TG is that the features are mostly better than expected even if they sound average or boring. 5th Gear is usually the other way round :wink:

dutchmasterflex
11-07-2007, 02:59 PM
^^ yeah but look at it this way, the T1 is pretty much a full on race car where as the CCX is more of a road car

Completely agree. It's not really a fair comparisson. It's like comparing a Radical SR8 against anything else basically. The Radical will win... so the same could be said about the T1. For me the CCX's laptime will still be the benchmark :D

Well, the T1 is supposed to have a closed cock pit ;)

pagani
11-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Damm the caparo t1 is fucking fast it beat the ccx whit ease the lap time is 1,10 minute ten something if they can fix their problems whit this car than it will be kick ass.
They schould go after the norschleife lap record whit this.
The carparo is a true track car but not road car but it's still street legal so if you have huge balls you can drive it on the road.

5vz-fe
11-12-2007, 12:18 AM
It is safe to say that Topgear budget is INSANE judging by the T1 review!!!!!

nthfinity
11-12-2007, 01:21 AM
The stig doesn't understand normal things like bathing, or stairs... amazing he made it to the airport!

This goes to show that Macca F1 engineers have no clue how to set up suspension on a street car.... imagine how fast it would be otherwise!

Win one for nthfinity vs. macca F1 fanboys :P

AMV8 cabrio.... i dono .... nice to see its nice.... but i'm not such a fan of the drop top in general.... unless its a roadster/speedster ;)

Nice interview with Simon Cowell... not a nice looking lap IMHO... but aggressive. so it = fast.

Thanks Big J :)

regele
11-12-2007, 01:15 PM
The race was the icing on the cake for me, proper old school top gear race, even if it didn't only have cars in it; and that speed boat.... :love:

LEXION
11-12-2007, 02:06 PM
a bit boring....and a bit too much fuss over the ''deadly'' Caparo, with the whole UK Ambulance Fleet, like they could carry him in 3 ambulances at a time, if he would got hurt......

The London race was verry good...more of that please :D

jorge
11-12-2007, 11:49 PM
I was extremely entertained with the episode, IMO one of the best ever

carguy_88
11-13-2007, 09:36 AM
STIG hates hamilton. LMAO =D

nthfinity
11-13-2007, 10:33 AM
I was extremely entertained with the episode, IMO one of the best ever

I don't think TG will top the Supercar episdoe from 2005 anytime soon

vexor
11-15-2007, 02:13 PM
News Uncut

http://www.topgear.com/content/videos/videos/130/broadband_wm.html

graywolf624
11-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Not a bad episode if a little bit over the top. The Aston review was cool up until the man with the jet engines. I guess my biggest problem with this piece was that literally no time was spent talking about the kit the man was wearing or anything like that. Now even if they had it would have been a bit contrived, but if they are going to do this out of this world pieces they missed a real gain of interest from technically inclined people on the guys setup.

Simon Cowel's piece was fairly entertaining and he ran a decently aggressive, if slightly ugly, lap.

The Capparo, another slightly contrived review what with the ambulances. That being said it was kind of funny, at least initially. I think one or 2 shots would have been good enough. Of course the car broke twice during the review. Certainly not a road car so I agree with it not making the leader board.

Finally the race. Honestly it was entertaining, especially the bits with the Stig.. But.. There was absolutely no car tie in. Unlike say the reliant space craft, I couldnt even losely tie in a car.. Yes there was a car in the race, but it barely even appeared on screen.

I guess all in all it was a good episode for a comedy show. It was a poor episode for a car show. I guess it depends on what is your cup of tea.