PDA

View Full Version : A moped, did/do you have one?

Skaala
10-25-2007, 07:09 AM
I had a Suzuki TSX 50. When they arrive in Norway they are limited by new exhausts and carburetor, and with with a welded closed 6th gear to only go 45km/h on full power and high revs on a flat road in 5th. Stupid Norwegian laws. After I changed the gears, exhaust, carburetors and cylinder+pistons, it went 105km/h in 5th and I was able to maintain the normal 60km/h speedlimit, even when comming to a hill. I basically made it stock again and...maybe a little bit better :P

http://www.50cc-motorcycles.com/pictures/suzuki/tsx50-7.jpg

pitfield
10-25-2007, 08:18 AM
I had a Peugeot Speedfight 50, it was the 3rd in the country, in red. It handled brilliantly and would do an indicated 97km/h. It was loads of fun.

sameerrao
10-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Yes I did. It was a 50cc moped gifted to me by my parents when I was about 18 years old. It was a effeminate looking thing with treacherous drum brakes that locked solid when it rained. I was glad to get rid of it two years down the road.

666fast
10-25-2007, 06:06 PM
I came close to buying a Yamaha Zuma this year, which is a 50cc scooter, but people were asking for way to much. They were highly sought after and were discontinued a few years ago. But now, Yamaha has decided to make them again, so the prices have tanked on used ones. I'll definitely be buying one next year. LOL $4 in gas and it ought to get me to work and back for at least a month.

Skaala
10-26-2007, 11:00 AM
^sprocket was the word I was looking for...not gear! :P

sameerrao
10-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Yes I did. It was a 50cc moped gifted to me by my parents when I was about 18 years old. It was a effeminate looking thing with treacherous drum brakes that locked solid when it rained. I was glad to get rid of it two years down the road.

I think the Suzuki PV is not sold anymore, because it's brakes are not approved by the EU rules. Dum brakes also.

Forgot to mention my moded had tiney scooter wheels - like 9"-10". Can you say UNSTABLE. The thing is to squirm when driving two up. What a POS :lol:

ARMAN
10-27-2007, 05:54 PM
my dad bought used moped and unmounted it ALL to the parts before I even saw it for the first time... :roll: he thought he will motivate me to get all excited and get my shit togeather and mount it all back... when I was about 15... aha... yea right :roll: Seeing POS cars all around you you cannot get excited about any cars/bikes/etc all I wanted is driving it first not putting parts togeather(owners manual for the moped? what manual? :lol:), I havent even seen that moped in one piece and running so I had 0 motivation.
That was a sad story :mrgreen: