PDA

View Full Version : Admit it! 5th Gear is Now Better Than Top Gear

BADMIHAI
10-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this way? I miss the old days when Top Gear would actually take cars on normal roads and do proper car reviews. Maybe they should do a separate show about their adventures and a regular Top Gear for cars. The last couple of episodes of 5th Gear were, in my view, better than the latest episodes of Top Gear.

Cast a vote. Leave a message.

carguy_88
10-23-2007, 01:36 PM
i cant vote, i think they are very dif. but i love em both.

blue8
10-23-2007, 02:06 PM
I like that 5th Gear is always up-to-date with its car tests. They've already done tests on the M3 E92 and the 430 Scuderia. In Top Gear, 'Ferrari's latest' is still the 599 (this test is waaaay overdue). There are also no crazy tests that have absolutely nothing to do with cars... And yet I voted for Top Gear. Maybe it's bias, but I just find it more enjoyable and interesting. My decision is almost as illogical as JC choosing the AM Vanquish over the F575 M :P

Jabba
10-23-2007, 02:29 PM
5th Gear is not quite there yet IMO, but the last series was a huge step forwards, starting with dumping fag man.

pagani
10-23-2007, 02:32 PM
From a serious car testing point of view 5th gear rocks.
Top gear is just comedy show that is car related.
8) 8) :lol:

nthfinity
10-23-2007, 02:33 PM
5th Gear is not quite there yet IMO, but the last series was a huge step forwards, starting with dumping fag man.

LMAO

I 100% missed all of the previous season... TG had briefly gotten a LOT better, then went to ghey that I stopped watching (and a lack of time) Its funny that I missed the whole Fag man episode [ series] :lol:

chest3r
10-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Never!!

This last 5th Season was good ( maybe the best so far), but I still can't watch the whole show. I just watch the sports car reviews, and those were good.

Top Gear hasn't been as good as it was.... but it still is the best TV show to see sports car reviews. The problem is they test the cars way after all the other TV shows, and sometimes I think they should left the humour apart, like in the last lightweight supercars feature with James May. I don't understand what he's doing there...

yg60m
10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Indeed, I must admit that they're getting close, better on some point, maybe for the tests of the cars, but less coherent and funny as an all show. I will wait to watch this season of Top Gear to decide :wink:

autohabit
10-23-2007, 03:09 PM
5th Gear and TG both have 'Some' good features, but with both of them, you have to put up with some pretty poor features also, thank goodness the BBC momentarily cancelled TG, otherwise we wouldn't have 5th Gear! So, summing up, I kind of quite like both of them :)

I have abstained from voting!

Kinxy
10-23-2007, 04:22 PM
I feel that the shows would be so much better, if they had put more details into their tests. Do more stuff, like they do in best motoring. Bring the competition to the track. If you're testing a 430, bring the 911 to the track, and do comparative testing. And longer segments.

pagani
10-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Than again best motoring is 100 times better than topgear and fifth gear combined.
:D 8)

79TA
10-23-2007, 06:23 PM
5th gear is good, but they really need a full hour time slot to really make the most of their show. Even then, they're a more objective sort of show which just doesn't have the charm of top gear.

tospok
10-23-2007, 06:36 PM
From a serious car testing point of view 5th gear rocks.
Top gear is just comedy show that is car related.
8) 8) :lol:

Exactly

saadie
10-23-2007, 06:39 PM
^^ yeah .. but tiff and viki start fagging around a bit :\ ....
i still preffer topgear :)

dutchmasterflex
10-23-2007, 06:53 PM
5th Gear has definitely made big improvements within the past 2 seasons. Seems they were doing a bit of trial and error (fagjoy), and are now on the right path.

Top Gear will always be entertaining as long as JC is writing the scripts. Although to me, it is getting a little too cheesy, but still fun nonetheless.

ferrari550
10-23-2007, 07:24 PM
5th Gear is TERRIBLE. Tiff is still a dork, and their humor is completely unfunny. They're not clever, interesting, OR entertaining. I don't really watch it at all anymore.

Top Gear is still THE BEST TV around today....fantastic stuff...

Agree 100%

martin100
10-27-2007, 12:58 PM
No matter how hard 5th Gear tries, they will never be able to match TGs chemistry between the three presenters. TG is way more entertaining, even if they only do strange challenges, but sometimes they got car reviews way better than 5th Gear could ever do. And thats what makes TG much better imo.

pagani
10-28-2007, 05:38 PM
No matter how hard 5th Gear tries, they will never be able to match TGs chemistry between the three presenters. TG is way more entertaining, even if they only do strange challenges, but sometimes they got car reviews way better than 5th Gear could ever do. And thats what makes TG much better imo.
Who cares about the entertaiment.
I just want to see proper car reviews whitout bullshit.
:D 8) :(

jorge
10-28-2007, 07:09 PM
No matter how hard 5th Gear tries, they will never be able to match TGs chemistry between the three presenters.

Entirely true!, and thatīs the most important thing about the show.

I think TG is still way, way better than 5th gear

5vz-fe
10-28-2007, 07:19 PM
One thing 5th gear failed to do is to make the show feel connected throughout the hour. I think it is mainly because of availability of Tiff and Plato. As a result, it always seems like multiple features joining in one in the 1 hour instead of 1 fluid show.

MidEngine4Life
10-28-2007, 07:39 PM
5th Gear is TERRIBLE. Tiff is still a dork, and their humor is completely unfunny. They're not clever, interesting, OR entertaining. I don't really watch it at all anymore.

Top Gear is still THE BEST TV around today....fantastic stuff...

Agree 100%
And I agree 200%

I dont like 5th gear at all anymore. I stopped downloading it all together. I cant stand how fake they all seem. Only Tom's reviews I could actually stand (And he works for Top Gear). I will always love Top Gear more.

martin100
11-03-2007, 01:14 PM
^ I stopped downloading the whole 5th Gear shows long ago. Only the best features are worth downloading IMO.

ferrarif1fan89
11-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Top gear wins i for me by a mile. Vicky, Tom, and that other moron try to be funny, but really miss. The only two presenters I like are Jason and Tiff, and their segments are the only ones I usually bother watching.

Top Gear is entertaining form start to finish, and I don't mind the challenges either. This upcoming Africa one is going to be a winner for sure. The presenters are soooooo much better than the 5th gear crew, and as far as editing and soundtracks and such, its a better put-together package, whereas 5th gear looks like its been assembled by a high school video editing class.

MidEngine4Life
11-03-2007, 01:59 PM
You wont see 5th gear getting anything like this...
YouTube
or Tiff getting anything like this...
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=0hKwTcJ-mSU
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ILBNndz2sRU

Bizi Jones
11-03-2007, 06:39 PM
You wont see 5th gear getting anything like this...

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=0hKwTcJ-mSU
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ILBNndz2sRU

that brought a huge smile to my face... :)

travmania
11-11-2007, 04:55 AM
5thGear is really improving, and the show is very rich, with a lot of tests comparing to TopGear, but TopGear is still having an exclusive charm. Even if it's becoming rather an entertaining show than a car show.

Pokiou
11-11-2007, 11:57 PM
5th gear sucks... its as simple as that.... TOP GEAR FOR LIFE!!!

Ford Capri 2.8i
11-12-2007, 09:36 AM
No way yet; if the 5th Gear had the same structure as at the beginning (a right away technical program, objetive, and without any false humor), it would be better than TG in the current way; however, the 5th Gear has some nonsense tests, some, the presenters act in an stupid way, and the program lacks of seriousness when testing a certain car.

Although sometimes TG is not serious either when testing a car, the chemistry between the three presenters remain, and they give a lot of soul to the program

Pokiou
11-12-2007, 10:22 PM
%th gears humor is trying to hard to be funny.. its like lol at a retarded kid..... NOT FUNNY....and the presenters.... are stupid has bag of shit. Except Tiff.

Faultier
11-18-2007, 07:57 PM
5th Gear is ok, but Top Gear is sub Zero :D

I really enjoy watching TG over and over again. I donīt do this with 5th Gear.

blinkmeat
11-19-2007, 10:47 AM
what have u been smokin?

mary
12-04-2007, 04:44 PM

I agree i find Top Gear much more funny and interesting than Fifth gear.

m0ng0l01dz
12-04-2007, 07:12 PM
and thats about it. Top Gear is like watching a cohesive team. 5th gear is a series of vignette's. Top Gear needs to have Sabine Schmitz:drool: on more often, "Go, Go, Go, Go,Gooo!":ohmy:;-):drool:

DeMoN
12-04-2007, 07:14 PM
I agree, too many adventures and challenges and little car reviews, but lets face it... What new cars are there? What car has not been reviewed by them that has come out?

Not their fault there arent any new things to test. Whatever the reasons are, this last episode with a F1 car and Lewis Hamilton puts Top Gear up top no matter what they have done before.

DeMoN
12-04-2007, 07:17 PM
From 5th gear, Tom is the only guy worth watching. Tiff seems to bee too expensive per minute as he doesnt show up on some episodes and when he does, he does for very little.

Top Gear, all three presenters offer something. Hamster being, imo, the less contributing. Cptn Slow is funny as is Jeremy... Hamster tries to throw jokes but fails. Anyway, so many hamster jokes have been said by Jeremy that makes him worth keeping.

m0ng0l01dz
12-10-2007, 05:34 PM
... Hamster can't drive! does he wreck a car each season? One of these days the brain lesions will catch up to him. "I used to could do science me":-P

acmarttin
12-10-2007, 05:37 PM
and thats about it. Top Gear is like watching a cohesive team. 5th gear is a series of vignette's. Top Gear needs to have Sabine Schmitz:drool: on more often, "Go, Go, Go, Go,Gooo!":ohmy:;-):drool:

lol, yeah I like Sabine a lot too. She really adds a lot of character to those Top Gear episodes.

HeilSvenska
12-10-2007, 05:43 PM
From 5th gear, Tom is the only guy worth watching.

Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhht? Granted, he's the only one who actually does car reviews, but still...

Top Gear is still the best. And it's not as if Fifth Gear does any real car reviews. They just do some random shootouts and that's it. They seriously don't have enough air time to make the show any good. 30 mins are not enough. Sometimes whenever they get around to really cool sounding features they end up being way too short.