PDA

View Full Version : Bitten by a Porsche Bug!

Dubai
10-02-2007, 03:23 AM
Okay, here is my story.

I went o Frankfurt Motor Show to looks for new cars, and maybe buy something.. Maybe.

Most probably, I was in love with the Alfa Romeo Brera. And I know that would be very good for my wife, my little boy and myself. It's a good looking car, both of us are architects, and with right color combinations, we will have the best choice for our garage.

Later on, when I came back, I was browsing my photo images (http://gallery.mac.com/oalowais/100195My Gallery) I was absorbed by porsche, and not any Porsche, but the GT2.

I could not think of anything else that was nice in that show, GT Masaratti, New CL65, and many many other nice cars. I am Anti-Porshce Guy, I used to own a Diablo, and a Gallardo, very flashy cars, and now this GT2 is eating my brains out.

I called up the dealer, and tried to book one, but the waiting list is far from 18 months... Ouuuf..

Called couple of people who I found out that they had booked GT2's and some had changed their minds, I got myself into a good position to see one in Jan.. :)

I also bought new plate number for the GT2. (G 911 2)

So, here I am, becoming a Porsche guy, Just signed up with the local Porsche Club in UAE, and looking forward for many miles on track and highways.

nthfinity
10-02-2007, 03:32 AM
HAHA, thats GREAT! The GT2 is really a technological tour de force as far as 911's go.. amazing! Congrats Dubai! (have you had a look at the Gallardo Superleggera's yet?)

pitfield
10-02-2007, 05:13 AM
Nice choice, remember that the Brera is a very heavy car compared with it's competitors so bare that in mind with engine choice.

GT2s are a real handful, if I were getting into one I'd certianly get some tract tuition booked, the Porshe clube can help with this.

Enjoy, you'll love it.

saadie
10-02-2007, 06:19 AM
Congrats!
im sure you will love it ... 8)

ARMAN
10-02-2007, 02:53 PM
...I went o Frankfurt Motor Show to looks for new cars, and maybe buy something.. Maybe....

:D how cool is that?

Congrats on getting GT2 ;)

Dubai
10-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks guys.

Just came from the Dealer. I have a digital copy "PDF" of the Order guide , who wants it :D Send me ur email.

I would like someone to upload it for me here. The might upset the dealer here, but I don't care. Maybe you can help me spec that beast. Too many things..

Svensson
10-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Wow Dubai, that's great news! I think you'll be a genuine Porsche-guy really soon :P

What kind of colour are you planning on for the GT2?

pzgren
10-02-2007, 05:21 PM
welcome to the club of porsche fans! (even if i just crashed mine... :D ) i'm pretty sure that was an excellent decision! looking forward to read news from you about the GT2 soon!!

acmarttin
10-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Congrats, dude! The new GT2 is a gorgeous car. I'm sure you'll be really happy with it. I can't wait to see pics of it!

pitfield
10-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Just be careful, it's a beast, we'd hate to see you smash it.

gucom
10-02-2007, 09:01 PM
its the first 911 in awhile that has me surprised / excited again, although they're all amazing cars, the rest of the 911 line-up is so predictable... ok a new GT2 was predictable too, but a hooligan kinda 911 is really necessary to break the slur a bit :twisted: 8)

Schwalbe
10-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Good move mate to enter into Porsche territory, the new 997 GT2 is simply a masterpiece of engineering and it's incredibly fast. :good: