PDA

View Full Version : D3 on its way

c0wb0y007
09-11-2007, 07:09 AM
Hi,

I'm so glad to tell that it's official now, I ordered the D3 last Saterday :P :good:
I went to my local photographer's store and asked him whether it was already possible to order one right now. He went off and checked the internet and nodded; "Sure man, No problemo" he replied. So, payed the deposit immediately.
So, there is at least one getting shipped to Belgium already :D
Hopefully, I can collect it mid november.
http://users.pandora.be/jokke1/Photography/D3_front.jpg

I won't have to wait for a hands-on that long though. Normaly, I will be able to shoot with it at the end of october.

Cheers

Igorionia
09-11-2007, 07:46 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$

You've got so expensive toys mate!
congrats

c0wb0y007
09-11-2007, 08:15 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$

congrats

Have been saving for it for a long time as well and this will have to be my camera for a very long time.

Cheers

ZondaC12
09-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Damn i'm jaleous :mrgreen:

stmoritzer
09-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Damn i'm jaleous :mrgreen:

+1

:good:

acmarttin
09-11-2007, 11:29 AM
I know nothing about cameras anymore. But it seems like a special occasion so I gotta congratulate you :)

harryo2b
09-11-2007, 11:34 AM
1Ds Mark III would be my weapon of choice...
Eh having a serious car is more fun :wink:

Congrats!

RC45
09-11-2007, 12:24 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$

congrats

Have been saving for it for a long time as well and this will have to be my camera for a very long time.

Until the next "must have" model comes out :)

c0wb0y007
09-13-2007, 08:20 AM
1Ds Mark III would be my weapon of choice...
Eh having a serious car is more fun :wink:

Congrats!

Well; that is where you and me are different :) If you catch me driving in my VW, which is a boring diesel by the way, you will notice a big grin on my face. And it won't be of the car I'm driving it's of the D3 lying at the backseat :)

Thanks for the reply Harry

$$$$$$$$$$$

congrats

Until the next "must have" model comes out :)

Yeah I know what you mean man. In this digital age, people get really crazy about all those must-have things, like ipods and cell-phones. I don't give a damn about those, really. I bought a D70 three years ago because I have always been interested in photography. The D70 was for me the first affortable DSLR in the Nikon range. Before that you had had the D1 which was a 2mega pixel DSLR and costed a nasty 7500€.
With the D70 I couldn't go wrong (price wise), there was always a possibility that the D70 ended up gathering dust due to lack of interest in photography.
After awhile, I just know that I wanted a full pro body like this one. With the arrival of the D2x I got tempted and especially after shooting with one of those. I didn't buy that one cause it just didn't feel right back then. I didn't find it a giant step forwards as it suffers noise probs and it still was a DX-format.
The D3 on the other hand is a whole different ballgame, it isn't even in the same league, it isn't even the same fuckin' sport :P :D 8)

Everything falls into place as well; can afford it without hurting myself :D , got full support of my girl and once we get stick together, like looking for a house etc ... it will become impossible to get one of these.

So, it will HAVE to be my DSLR for quite some time.

RC45, I know you are a hard-to-convince man but I like your replies and comments. So, keep on posting and don't spare me on this one either :P :wink:

Cheers

dutchmasterflex
09-13-2007, 11:52 AM
:shock:

RC45
09-13-2007, 02:38 PM
[quote="c0wb0y007"]Everything falls into place as well; can afford it without hurting myself :D , got full support of my girl and once we get stick together, like looking for a house etc ... it will become impossible to get one of these./quote]

This folks - is a wise man, a guy who "gets" it. :)

He has a passion and a talent, and the means to support it ---- until he get smarried.. ;)

So by making the hobby/passion/possible career part of his persona, he get sto take it into his "marriage" later...

:)

I never did understand the guys who throw away their passions and hobbies just to "get the girl" :)

rave426
09-13-2007, 04:13 PM
I dont get the hype about these camaras. Im not a big photograper so it just seems to have more options to me.

Whats the big diff between this and my Sony DC*** 7.2 megapixel compact digital camara. :wink:

acmarttin
09-13-2007, 06:25 PM
^^^
Yours is used for spying on the sidelines and his is used for sideline SI cover photos :)

AMERICAN-IZED!!!!

c0wb0y007
09-14-2007, 04:07 PM
I dont get the hype about these camaras. Im not a big photograper so it just seems to have more options to me.

Whats the big diff between this and my Sony DC*** 7.2 megapixel compact digital camara. :wink:

There is nothing wrong with your camera, there is nothing wrong with any camera. It only depends on your type of photography.

Cheers

philip
09-15-2007, 01:23 AM
All my pro friends all went to digital some time ago. Some with Canon, some old die hards with Nikon because of their old lenses.

Now Nikon is in the big league now with this new camera.

Film is dead, I still shoot it because, I am a really the old die hard. The writing is on the wall. It is hard to find 4x5 film, most shops are not reordering it. Already it is impossible to find quickload Velvia 4x5. 35mm Velvia is probably next to go then I will have to switch. The number of labs processing film is drying up each day.

Digital is here and it is fantastic.

You have bought the what may be the best camera in the world. Congratulations.

I am still waiting for the right time to dive in, but I feel the time may be getting close.

Certainly for Nikon fans I think the time is now. Well done.

c0wb0y007
09-15-2007, 04:37 PM
All my pro friends all went to digital some time ago. Some with Canon, some old die hards with Nikon because of their old lenses.

Now Nikon is in the big league now with this new camera.

Film is dead, I still shoot it because, I am a really the old die hard. The writing is on the wall. It is hard to find 4x5 film, most shops are not reordering it. Already it is impossible to find quickload Velvia 4x5. 35mm Velvia is probably next to go then I will have to switch. The number of labs processing film is drying up each day.

Digital is here and it is fantastic.

You have bought the what may be the best camera in the world. Congratulations.

I am still waiting for the right time to dive in, but I feel the time may be getting close.

Certainly for Nikon fans I think the time is now. Well done.

First of all, thanks for your reply.

You are so right, this sure is the best Nikon that has ever been produced. Here you can find some sample shots of it, the way it handles noise is just impressive --> http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/digitalcamera/slr/d3/sample.htm
Take your time to download these images, it's worth it, it's just superb !!!

I have been waiting quite some time as well, before I went for a full pro Nikon. Reason being; That I only want to spend that kind of money on something which is top gun. Nothing more nothing less and to be honest I didn't think that the D2Hs nor the D2x have been that. D2Hs = 4mega pixel, D2x with poor noise handling. Nevertheless, these are great great cameras but not the kind of tools I would have spent that kind of money on.

Some people might say that keep on standing at the sideline in order to get one of these digital tools especially if you look how quickly everything evolves in this digital age is a stupid move. Well I don't share the same opinion. It might be something different for pros who need or want a full-frame. Most of them switched to Canon, that's for sure. It has taken Nikon a very long time but they eventually made it ... and how !?! :D

Keep up the good work philip and I'm sure once you go digital you will make a good decision.

Cheers

ae86_16v
09-25-2007, 06:58 AM
^ Great stuff Cowboy. Glad that you are finally getting your dream set up. I remember you talking about this Full Frame Nikon for a while now. :)

I think Nikon hit a homerun with this D3 and the D300. Considering how successful the D200 was, I was surprised that they released the D300 so early. But it looks like Nikon is making an aggressive push on the envelope and hopefully they can sway more buyers.

It also seems like that they are keeping the D200 in production with a lower point, which means hopefully the D80 will drop a bit too. Fingers cross, because I might be picking one up to supplement my D50 set up. :D

Congrats again, looking forward to seeing some pictures. Now the question is what are you gonna do with all those DX lenses? :lol: