PDA

View Full Version : Polo or Astra? No....Cee'd..?

thepest
09-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Both brand new. The VW with the 1.9 TDI 130hp, and astra with the 1.9 cdti 150hp. Both cars with 5 doors. Which one would you take?
I tend to like the polo more, but the astra is something to consider. Can't make up my mind.

thepest
09-01-2007, 12:51 PM
It's the upper class that's right more like a golf than a polo.

gis
09-01-2007, 02:10 PM
the new astra diesels are pretty nice,and the one your considering with 150hp is actually a pretty quick car and they actually dont look to bad either.

a couple years ago i woudl have said the VW without thinking,but now,i think id be swaying more towards the astra

thepest
09-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Astra hands down. I've been driving an Opel for 3 years now and I'm quite safisfied :wink:

The Polo is smaller, and that 1.9 TDI engine is starting to feel a bit dated :?

Dated? Might have been around for a couple of years, yes, but I think those VW TDIs with PD are quite good diesel engines. Or is this old new.

p.s. The polo would come with sport suspension and a few more things included in the "sportline". Where the astra I can take with no so many extras. Only the "enjoy" version. More than that gets a bit out of my money range.

thepest
09-01-2007, 04:00 PM
^ This does not sound that good!
hmm.. :?

I just thought of something else. How about the new corsa 1.7cdti with 125 hp. Any experience with this car?

regele
09-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Astra unless you're a girl, which I don't think you are, or want a smaller car for dealing with traffic.

Ford Capri 2.8i
09-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Ive been driving a GTC Astra CDTI for many kilometers, and actually the engine is very refined and powerful (if you are searching for a refined car, no doubt that the 1.9 TDI is the opposite, just it lacks the smoothness of a modern diesel car), in addition the astra has got a great handling, very direct steering wheel, good brakes, and the car in sport mode offers great fun

In contrast, possibly the VAGs fuel consumption is quite lower, the engine offers more anger when the turbo works, but the rpm range is lower as well; finally my friends astra spills as much oil as the opel 2.2 engine although the astra´s engine is the same as the fiat stilo´s or the alfa 147s

If any question, dont hesitate to ask myself about the astra, or dani about the polo although he has its cousin

thepest
09-01-2007, 04:24 PM
^ Thanks man ;)

thepest
09-02-2007, 05:27 AM
The new corsa cdti comes with 6 gears.
I don't know 125hp 280nm should be enough to pull that small car quite well, but I don't know about that new corsa. It looks fresh, no doubt, but is this enough..?

gis
09-02-2007, 05:40 AM
the one your on about with 125hp,is that the previous shape corsa? 125hp should be enough if you just want it for everyday normal use.ive mentioned many times before a freind of mine has a punto 1.9 diesel with 135hp 260 ft/lb torque,and for normal driving its great,pulls easily in low revs around town and still gets an average of 45mpg around town,just over 50mpg on motorways.thats a 5 speed.

but between the corsa and the astra id definately go for the astra.you say the polo would come with sport suspension etc etc,can you not get the astra like that? they do many trims in the astra,sporthatch SRI is one here that is a sport model

thepest
09-02-2007, 06:32 AM
^
I mean the new corsa (the c'mons one). It has a 1.7 litre cdti engine 125 hp 280 nm @ 2300 ( I wonder why so high)

Yes the astra could come with a sport package as well, but it gets a bit more expensive than I can afford right now. :(

thepest
09-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Guys, I never thought I would say this, but I'm now seriously concidering a Kia. Kia Cee'd that is. After all the good thing I saw and read about the car and a 140 hp diesel engine combined with 7 year/150000km warranty..damn this is a bargain!
The car is full of gadgets, really nice safety features most of which come as standart with that engine. All that costs pretty much the same I would pay for the Polo! The only drawback is the relatively high weight of the car. Standing at 1458kgs, that's a bit of a pig.

gis
09-03-2007, 07:17 AM
that weight is quite high,i didnt know they were that heavy,140hp is good but if its pulling that weight gettin the good mpg may be a bit harder than ti would in a lighter diesel with same or even more power..............astra still wins for me,lol :P :wink:

regele
09-04-2007, 01:54 AM
Get a megane ;)
Speaking of Renaults, doesn't a Clio sport fit the bill?

thepest
09-04-2007, 04:27 AM
French car I would never get!

Today I test drove the Kia Cee'd with the smaller 1.6 diesel engine, and I tell you this car goes like hell, the quality is the same pr better! than a golf 5 and with that warranty and price I tell you this is the car to have!

gis
09-04-2007, 06:35 AM
does it go like hell,or does it just feel it?

personally i woudlnt go for one,but at the end of the day its you and your money.there no way you could go for a used seat ibiza cupra like Dani has? i was lookin at some cars last night with my dad and there was one there in red and had some amazing BBS rims on it,they really are smart little cars