PDA

View Full Version : Biker Beaver

possessed_beaver
07-14-2003, 10:25 AM
heya peeps, im currentley thinking of going for my motorbike licance,
i have never driven a bike, and only been one one a few times.
and im thinking of getting lesson's ect.

in my part of australia u have to have you're 250cc licance for 2 years b4 u can ride anything bigger.
so i wana know if riding a bike is hard, is it worth it, should i get my licance, and how do other drivers treat u..

and more importantley for the stupid minded beaver.. is it easy to do!

666fast
07-14-2003, 10:35 AM
It's not nearly as hard as you would think. Because of the spinning tires, it wants to keep the bike up. That whole centrifugal force thing going on there.
The hardest thing for me when I first started out, was the initial take off. Getting the revs right and letting off the clutch. It takes a bit of practice. Other than that, it's a breeze.
Go for it!

You have to be pretty aware when riding around town though. People in cars and trucks really don't notice you.

TT
07-14-2003, 10:38 AM
The bike license is a must :)

Ok, maybe not a must, but when you have it, if you'll awake one day with the terrible need to own a bike, you'll be also able to drive it ;)

Here I had to do the 125 cc license, keep it for two years and then update to 125+ and now obviously I can drive every bike on the planet.. and even if atm I don't have one, it's nice to know I can :)

So.. GO ON! :D

Anonymous
07-14-2003, 11:01 AM
Its EXACTLY like riding a bicycle and driving a stick-shift car. Only difference is the location of the controls. You use your left hand for clutch, left foot shifts, right foot is back brake, right hand is front brake. Throttle is the twisty thing on your right hand grip. Just like a bicycle you dont jam on the front brake unless you wanna do a stoppie or a face plant :P
Check if you have a MSF course close by, MSF is Motorcycle Safety Foundation, there the best way to go about getting to know bikes the RIGHT way. Sure a friend can teach ya but he may not teach ya the shit ya need to know to be a good safe rider.

Bikes are a total blast and worth the effort to learn. Just keep yer head on yer shoulders straight and enjoy it. :P