PDA

View Full Version : cost getting to work

TNT
08-21-2007, 11:14 PM
http://promo.realestate.yahoo.com/americas_most_expensive_commute_cities.html

sucks for Houston, 20.9%(avg.) annual household cost just to get to work.

graywolf624
08-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Id dare say that metric means absolutley jack and shit... Why?
Because its not a measure of the annual household cost to get to work. It includes the cost of car payments for example. Buy a ferrari, and despite that having no effect on your cost to get to work, suddenly that average jumps. In fact, me buying a vette will skew these numbers to hell for myself.

Another example is the asshat that lives in a shack yet drives a 40000 dollar Escallade (very common in the south amongst the poor). His numbers will throw the numbers to shit.

RC45
08-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Wow that "study" is a bucket of crap... period.

People will really believe anything "online" - and if the "cost to get to work" was so high, why all the people moving in to Houston to "get to work"? ;)

RC45
08-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Don't you pay state sales tax, state income tax and federal income tax? Isn't your summer cooling bill as high as your winter heating bill? Doesn't housing cost like a trillion times what it is elsewhere?

Not to mention the actual price of fuel ;) And the high level of un and under employment?

I would hazard a guess you're just angry you are stuck in a midwestern shithole :)

I spent 2 years in Chicago - hated every second.

gangajas
08-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Don't you pay state sales tax, state income tax and federal income tax? Isn't your summer cooling bill as high as your winter heating bill? Doesn't housing cost like a trillion times what it is elsewhere?

Not to mention the actual price of fuel ;) And the high level of un and under employment?

I would hazard a guess you're just angry you are stuck in a midwestern shithole :)

I spent 2 years in Chicago - hated every second.

Where this hate against the US come from? :?

By the way :D

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=lbLuBZrWm-M

RC45
08-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Houston is a dump. I went a few times for some conferences, and aside from the nice hotel, the city was just....useless.

this article just further reinforces another reason to never go near it..

The gay section of town is known to be rather a dump - that is no secret.