PDA

View Full Version : What´s the most competitive Motorsports category?

veilsidebr
01-20-2004, 05:06 AM
I guess F1, LeMans and the DTM and GT international. They´re very competitive.

TT
01-20-2004, 05:31 AM
Uhm no, the more competitive ones are all the championship where everybody drive the same car.. from a Renault Clio up to little Formula cars... but the important to see nice action is to have all the drivers in the same car :)

zevolv
01-20-2004, 05:34 AM
the race series where they all drive Ford Falcons is pretty damn competitive

veilsidebr
01-21-2004, 04:14 AM
Yeah, having the same cars for all drivers on the track makes the series so much more competitive. Is this way you see the great drivers. And you see also who just "pays" to race.

This is the differente between a driver and a "city" driver.

:D

SFDMALEX
01-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Go-karting.

Kangaroo Boy
01-22-2004, 12:53 AM
V8 supertaxi.Sadly,it can get boring but its the only competitive Touring car championship in the world,and its been so successful for 10 years now.Where BTCC has change like 3 times.DTM is great,there cars are packed with ex formula one technology,great racing.But ain't as quite as competitive as the V8 Supercars here.Plus its funny that most Australia Touring car drivers can race the DTM or BTCC cars but some European Drivers can't race the V8s,I won't name any drivers (jason plato and Yvan Muller) that came here and struggle.But most the Europeans have had very little success here.

FerrariKiller
01-22-2004, 01:01 AM
Sadly, the most competitive motorsport is NASCAR. Unfortunately they only drive in circles, but they can go a dozen races with a dozen different winners. You just can't beat that. I just can't watch it for sustained periods either.

Kangaroo Boy
01-22-2004, 08:59 AM
Most Competitive motorsport in the state is Nascar,but internationally its crap.Only reason people watch it is to see the crashes.The cars are Fibre glass shells with a custom chassis that wholes a huge big block.And they drive around a huge circle all day..

McLarenF1God
01-25-2004, 10:16 PM
WRC is mentally competitive, man I love WRC....

NASCAR competitive? I can agree with that, but competition is supposed to be entertaining...IMO

stracing
01-25-2004, 10:55 PM
V8 supertaxis is too competitive, so much so, the only way to pass is to punt the guy in front off the road.

i'd be interested to see some more JGTC races. i 've seen a race before and that was very exciting.

mderuige
01-26-2004, 06:12 AM
Nascar, indy 500

sk123
01-28-2004, 02:49 PM
first most competitive is F1 because there also is a competition of minds trying to get the best out of the car...
then comes WRC...

someone
01-30-2004, 04:24 AM
Yay for WRC! I don't know if it's the most competitive though. That's a tough question, I guess any kind of one-make race.

HoboPie
02-10-2004, 01:09 AM
I'd say wrc because the driver and the various environments really take out any major advantages a car has over another.

caugb
02-10-2004, 07:38 PM
WRC. Same power (300hp), different solutions, brave racers, no escape area, no weather postponing, great and cheap TV coverage.
F1 is a matter of having the best car (=money), maybe the best racer (just maybe). But wet races are fun to watch and competitive.
Nascar and other one-model races are too regulated. Nascar is popular, but even manufacturer are questioning a "one-model" championshop where you can only change decals to call this car GM and that car Ford or Honda. And a championship in ovals is not competitive, is boring!
Sorry to mix things here, but try MotoGP for some fun. Even with their own Shumacher (Rossi), races are great!

SamuraiGti
02-11-2004, 07:54 AM
WRC for me =)

sads
02-13-2004, 03:42 AM
V8 Supercars rule

Kangaroo Boy
02-13-2004, 04:06 AM
:roll: ^^^They don't rule

Ford Capri 2.8i
07-09-2004, 12:52 PM
For me the most competitive championship is the most difficult championship to win, and the championship where the winner of it have some good skills, and demonstrates his skill in the superior cathegories..........as a result, for me, the most competitive championship is the british F3, for instance, every winner of the british formula 3 has gone directly to the formula 1, and theyve done very good work on formula 1, such as Martin Brundle, Ayrton Senna, Rubens Barrichelo, Takuma Sato,...........