PDA

View Full Version : 2008 c6 chevrolet corvette

pagani
08-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Looks like chevrolet have upped their game whit the new c6 corvette.
Autoblog Podcast 64 Part One "2008 Corvette" - YouTube
Can't wait to see or read test drive of the new corvette.
:D 8)

Edited by Nthfinity for accuracy ;)

acmarttin
08-09-2007, 06:50 PM
430 hp. sweet lord.

Why is chevrolet "re-vamping" (I looked the word "vamp" up in the dictionary and it's the upper front part of a boot or shoe) .... uh, anyway, why is Chevrolet upgrading the C6 to call it the C7 - even when they're not changing the way it looks, really?

I know it's not NECESSARY to change the way a car looks to improve it - but it just seems like I have this law burned in my blood that says if you're going to re-name the car you have to change the way it looks too.

Yeah I know it's childish but that's how I feel :D

Minacious
08-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Haha, there is no such thing as an '08 C7. The C7 won't be out for quite some time. They are talking about this years C6.

graywolf624
08-09-2007, 09:11 PM
They aren't renaming the car. Its still the C6. It has 30 more bhp, 36 with the new z06 style exhaust (butterfly valve opens). They have a new manual transmission (tremac) and an upgraded auto 6 speed(faster shifting, faster then a human). The new engine, the ls3 shares part builds similar to the ls7 and is rumoured to be much stronger then the ls2.

The interior is also improved. The only exterior change is the wheels and 2 new colors (crystal red and jetstream blue)

Can you tell Ive been paying attention? Im sitting on the fence with whether I order the 08 or still buy a new 07. I should know soon. I expect to pick one up around thanksgiving; earlier with discounts on the 07.

DeMoN
08-09-2007, 09:48 PM
I wonder what C7 will end up beating.