PDA

View Full Version : PS2 network

stracing
07-14-2003, 12:46 AM
how can someone explain how the network works?

can i have a private network or peer to peer?

being sony do i have to pay privilege to use the network?

questions too vague? it coz i have no idea hehe

Anonymous
07-14-2003, 12:48 AM
if its still like I think it is you need to get acess just like internet but thru sony balony.... thats the only real bummer you need 2 accounts...

stracing
07-14-2003, 01:07 AM
so the only way to get a game going is connecting thru sony servers?

Anonymous
07-14-2003, 04:30 AM
not 100% certain but unless something has changed, thats the way it has to go. I know there was a big delay on internet connection for the PS2 when it first came out. They may have changed it since then, I'm assuming its still like it was origanaly set to be. A friend of mine has a PS2 and I looked into it for him and he wasn't really happy with the outcome of having to pay for the sony net part.
You'd be best off to check the site for info on it since it may be differntly setup now....

Anonymous
07-14-2003, 09:56 AM
Ok I was wrong on the info I gave you before, out of curiosity I looked into it and they did change it a bit. You need the network adaptor for the PS2 costs $39.00 suposedly and then it is compatible with and ISP including useage of routers so you can connect multiple pc's and PS2's and share your current connection. Thats dam cool.
Here's a link to Sonys FAQ page with all the info on it. http://www.us.playstation.com/support/troubleshooting/networkadaptor/415013903.asp#P42_4238

possessed_beaver
07-14-2003, 02:29 PM
lol KH on the tech suport!
:microwave: can u tell me whats wrong with the microwave, i was heating some wood up before i ate it..

Anonymous
07-14-2003, 03:01 PM
lol KH on the tech suport!
:microwave: can u tell me whats wrong with the microwave, i was heating some wood up before i ate it..

Musta had some nails in it or a part or a old cattle fence..... :P :P :P microwaves n metal doan mix :P lmao crazie Beaver!!!

stracing
07-14-2003, 11:15 PM
put marshmellows in it
that was fun in my younger days...

shaving cream works just as well...but just don't eat it :P

Anonymous
07-15-2003, 01:47 AM
Eggs.... there like handgrenades! Ruin the oven though the egg goes every where and in a few days you got one stinky oven .. :P :P