PDA

View Full Version : Will Williams F1 be competitive with the front wing change?

veilsidebr
01-19-2004, 05:12 AM
I think that it´s not so beauty as the last year´s car, but i think that this new front wing will increase the car´s handling and his overall lap times, like it´s doing at Jerez de La Frontera test days.

So, this is the goal of every team, in every category of Motorsports. If Williams get to do this, they could fight for the championship since the first race.

:D

FerrariKiller
01-19-2004, 09:10 PM
It seems good so far, but let's see what Ferrari and the other boys have to offer before we over-speculate

veilsidebr
01-19-2004, 09:43 PM
Yeah, F1 is like the clouds: totaly unpredictable!!

antonioledesma
01-20-2004, 02:01 AM
that's a difficult question because we don't know if that aerodynamic package will help the williams to be faster, of more easier to drive, whatever.

maybe it'll make the bmw to go faster in the straights, but not in the curves, or viceversa.

i think this will be an entertaining f1 season

cho_888
01-20-2004, 02:06 AM
i think that if it was that revolutionary some would have come up with the concpt before. It may be quicker but how much and will it be better.

Nasdale182
01-20-2004, 02:08 AM
I thing they did it for the publicity.

levensnevel
01-20-2004, 02:09 AM
Williams will be faster, no doubt about that :idea:
It will win Grand Prix races, for sure :wink:
But I don't think that Williams will pick up the manufacturers title in 2004 nor the drivers championship.

cho_888
01-20-2004, 02:12 AM
the car is onoly as good as the driver, we should talk more about the condition of the driver that the car. Sure the car must be good to win, but if the drive sucks and the car is good then it is pointless?

tekwar
01-20-2004, 02:23 AM
williams have always been competitive the last few years, the only question is whether they can get over the hump and win the championship, constructors or drivers. it should be a good season between the 3 top teams, tires will once again play a major role, too hard to say now until we get to Australia in about 7 weeks time.

veilsidebr
01-20-2004, 04:42 AM
Well, let´s wait to see, because everything is possible. And if Williams made a bad thing and the new FW26 became a "loser"?

We don´t know, i guess the new FW26 will be as competitive as Ferrari was in last races last year. But the problem is: and the other teams? They could be improved their cars more than Williams, or not, it´s hard to say now, cause Jerez test days are so relative: they are just test days, and not qualifying or Friday pratice days.

I prefer to wait for the first Saturday qualifying day, at Australian Grand Prix, March 7.

:D

stradale
01-20-2004, 12:32 PM
Well, sniffpetrol.com reports they have another problem on their hands at Williams. :wink:

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/FW26.jpghttp://www.sniffpetrol.com/Walrus.jpg
An ugly beast. And a walrus. Ha!

WILLIAMS WILDLIFE WORRY
Fresh from their successful court case against big shouty wrestlers, the World Wildlife Fund is now considering legal action against Williams for infringing the copyright on the common Walrus.
'It's a clear case of theft', said wildlife expert Fundiweld Moosepoo. 'I was watching the launch of the FW26, and as soon as I saw that ugly front, I knew something was up. They may claim innovative aerodynamic benefits but it seems pretty clear that they've simply copied the front end from a big picture book of fat aquatic mammals.'
A visibly grumpy Patrick Head was quick to calm the situation; 'We're willing to negotiate,' he conceded, adding that the right to use the design could be settled out of court, perhaps by arranging for Frank Williams to have a fight with a 17 stone Bull Walrus. 'He got special moves,' Head claimed. 'Alternatively,' he continued. 'If the WWF agrees to sod off they can have 30 minutes no-questions-asked 'quality time' with Connie Montoya'.

gr
01-21-2004, 10:41 AM
The thing is, Williams have had a lot of troubles with the stability of the chassis since the launch of the BMW.WilliamsF1 Team in 2000, and at the same time they've probably had the strongest and highest revving engine of them all. They've never had problems with the acceleration and the highest top speeds on the straights, but they've had problems in corners. No matter how the car's been set up.

If this new design has improved aerodynamic which helps the stability of the car, and BMW has managed to make their great engine hold up as good as it did in last years races, this team is a winner. ;-)

They definitely wouldn't do this radical chassis change for nothing...