PDA

View Full Version : 30 mph over is street racing in canada

79TA
06-27-2007, 02:46 AM
http://www.leftlanenews.com/canada-30-mph-over-speed-limit-is-street-racing.html

Apparently to go along with the recent car crushing rules, Canada has defined street racing to include travelling at more than 30 miles per hour over the posted speed limit.

5vz-fe
06-27-2007, 02:59 PM
I agree, 50km over speed limit in any case is irresponsible driving behavior and should be punished heavily. If you can't pay the fine, don't do the crime.

jakaracman
06-27-2007, 03:42 PM
50 over ris nothing outside populated areas ...
Did 200 over once ... So what, no one around but me ...

Oh well, if Canadians want to be as stupid as americans in this case, it suits me fine here in Europe.

jakaracman
06-28-2007, 05:36 PM
50 over in city? You should loose your license imediately (and heve to do the course and everything again after a period of time) ...

silentm
06-29-2007, 12:42 PM
i did 30km/h in the city quite often but that was at night around 3-5 am no people and only other taxis. of course on a stretch where you can see faaaar ahead.

if you are doing this by dailight though and "Tokio drifting" you are a complete moron and should get your license revoked :x

5vz-fe
06-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Rules need to be set, cops will make the choice of charging u speeding or street racing depending on situation. Law cannot dictate every possible scenario. If the rules aren't even there, ppl will get too overboard. I doubt a cop will charge you street racing if you are driving 150km/h in a 100km/h highway in 2:00 am in the morning. But if u are doing in daytime where traffic is quite densed, then he has the option. It's just like jaywalking is illegal.

jakaracman
06-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Hmmm ... How can they charge you with streetracing, if you're alone going fgast. Rcing who???
Idiots ...

5vz-fe
06-30-2007, 05:53 PM
yourself :wink:

Mattk
06-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I fail to see why exisiting laws regarding dangerous driving and the existing offence of speeding cannot effectively and comprehensively manage street racing. I don't see the need for a special law.

666fast
06-30-2007, 10:13 PM
I fail to see why exisiting laws regarding dangerous driving and the existing offence of speeding cannot effectively and comprehensively manage street racing. I don't see the need for a special law.

They do just fine. It's just that stopping real problems isn't nearly dramatic enough for the nightly news.

Street racing is the behavior of idiots and it does get people killed. But not any where near the number of people that are killed by drunk drivers.

taygunho
07-05-2007, 04:43 AM
After fast and furius films and need for speed games lots of young and non-experienced drivers started to drive their cars faster in city zones. They think they are better than schumacher and their car is handle and can stop like f1 cars. LOts of people died in TUrkey because of that. It is really good to see some countries trying to stop that. I wish Turkish goverment would do something about that too.
Ans one more thing I think game studios has to stop making arcade style race games. They should make their game more realistic at least care handlings and braking performance. I see lots of stupid people who think thier punto would turn 90 degree turn with same speed in the games. but I couldn't see them after this turn because they were six feet under the ground.

Skaala
07-05-2007, 05:43 AM
30mph over the limit, is jail,2k euro fine, and no lisence in Norway anyway,,,

graywolf624
07-05-2007, 05:39 PM
After fast and furius films and need for speed games lots of young and non-experienced drivers started to drive their cars faster in city zones. They think they are better than schumacher and their car is handle and can stop like f1 cars. LOts of people died in TUrkey because of that. It is really good to see some countries trying to stop that. I wish Turkish goverment would do something about that too.
Ans one more thing I think game studios has to stop making arcade style race games. They should make their game more realistic at least care handlings and braking performance. I see lots of stupid people who think thier punto would turn 90 degree turn with same speed in the games. but I couldn't see them after this turn because they were six feet under the ground.
It didn't start with fast in the furious. Street racing has been a thing since before the oldest one of us was alive. They are cracking down on it more now, probably due to greater visibility. Im all for cracking down on street racing, but not applying the street racing moniquer to speeding and then crushing someones car.. Thats wrong! Furthermore, Im not sure the car seizure is right too.. What if I loan my car to someone.. Should I then have to forfeit it to the govt? What about my kid? Doesn't that create a situation where the fine is not evenly applied, which may be a civil rights issue? (granted its canada but still).

Mattk
07-05-2007, 09:48 PM
I thought Canada loved its civil rights. Maybe not as much as I thought.

The thing is, though, existing laws already cover those things. The penalties for dangerous driving are pretty steep in pretty much all jurisdictions. I also don't think games make people drive crazier. People will be idiots whether or not they play computer games or the Playstation.

5vz-fe
07-06-2007, 12:00 AM
Penalties for dangerious driving causing deaths are never too steep.

^Playing computer games makes you believe you are a better a driver then you really are. In a game, there's a reset button, not in real life.

Mattk
07-08-2007, 09:20 AM
^I am sure many drivers in society have played video games involving high-speed driving. That doesn't make them more likely to speed. Do people who play shoot 'em up video games all go out and start shooting up the street? No. There are other, more fundamental reasons why people are the way they are.

Penalties for dangerious driving causing deaths are never too steep.

Then raise them, rather than adding in a silly new law. Where there are already laws covering certain types of behaviour, there is no need for another law.

rusrocket
07-11-2007, 07:08 PM
i would definitely not have a car right now