PDA

View Full Version : No more road-going Paganis?!?!?

ferrarif1fan89
06-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Topgear dot com

June 19, 2007
End of the road for Pagani

If you're in the market for a Pagani Zonda F, you'd better be quick because the last few are up for grabs.

The final five Zonda F Roadsters have still to find homes, but after that it's all over for road-going Paganis.

Memorable for so many reasons - not least for scaring the Hamster witless on twisty French country lanes - the Zonda is one of the few supercar dreams to have made it into reality.

And not a bad reality either, thanks to that Mercedes-sourced 7.3-litre V12 and styling that looks like it fell from Mars.

Still, it's not all bad news because Pagani is planning a Zonda F track car, although you'll need the thick end of £500,000 to put one in your garage.

Pagani is playing close to its chest with details, but expect more than 700bhp, a stripped-out cabin and a 220mph top speed when the car goes on sale in 2008. Oh, and a seriously limited production run.

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/1953/

That can't possibly be right....... can it?

saadie
06-19-2007, 06:47 AM
a car witht he class of its own ......
i would want it out of production :) .... the less the better :)

salegosse
06-19-2007, 06:56 AM
That's not true.

They sold the lastest ZONDA's, but a new model will replaced it, and of course it will be road legal as the Zonda was.

Note that the Zonda R can be road registered in some countries, like Uk, for exemple...

yg60m
06-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Indeed I also read that a new model will arrive so I hope it's just the end for the Zonda F and that a new wind name will replace it :wink: Maybe the new EU rules will kill Pagani :?

TopGearNL
06-19-2007, 05:50 PM
That's not true.

They sold the lastest ZONDA's, but a new model will replaced it, and of course it will be road legal as the Zonda was.

Note that the Zonda R can be road registered in some countries, like Uk, for exemple...

That makes more sense.

It does indeed because Pagani need to sell roadcars in order to race, just like Ferrari started initially. They will come with a new model Im sure!

TopGearNL
06-19-2007, 06:31 PM
^^ Well I knew that, but I heard that they were planning on going to race as a make and since that doesn't come cheap...

But its true what your saying, roadcars is there main thought, racing (hopefully) a very distant second :wink:

EvolutioniuM
06-20-2007, 05:44 AM
if Im not mistaken, there is some side talking about the zonda's successor lately, many claims that Horacio Pagani is already working on it!!!

EvolutioniuM
06-20-2007, 04:29 PM
TT visited the factory yesterday - we could ask him if he saw something covered or hidden in the workshop :wink:

^^hhmmm, Im afraid that Horacio is often quiet about his future plans, nevertheless, any further information about the zonda's successor would be interesting

However, I've found this while searching for the net:

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=29&article_id=9049&page_number=1

After the Zonda C8, Pagani plans on introducing the C9, an entirely new supercar not based on the current Zonda. The C9 will benefit from the next-generation Mercedes V-12 that will sport four-valve heads and increase horsepower and torque. "The new engine could reach 885 pound-feet of torque, but we already have wheelspin on a dry road with 553 pound-feet, so why?" asked Horatio Pagani with a straight face. "Our target for the new engine is 627 pound-feet, in conjunction with a complicated new Bosch traction-control system." The C9 will be longer in wheelbase and overall length; unfortunately, it will also grow in width over the current car's staggering 81 inches.

From the sketches we've seen, the C9 is sleeker and cleaner than the Zonda. Active aerodynamics are built into the upper body in the nose and tail, rather than via the exposed wings of the previous car. A smooth underbody has a built-in diffuser to manage the airflow around the outer skin of carbon-fiber composite. Pagani's trademark four-taillight front and four-tailpipe rear are present.

Z3uS
06-20-2007, 04:35 PM
They would lose if that happened since lots of people wouldn't buy a car that is not road legal in most places... I believe there will be a replacement for the Zonda, as said before, road legal of course.

gangajas
06-20-2007, 05:04 PM
They will have a hard time trying to make a better car than the Zonda.

Svensson
06-20-2007, 05:38 PM
IMO it's another bullshit rumour from the British press, just like the "no more RS4 story". There will definately be a Zonda successor.

They will have a hard time trying to make a better car than the Zonda.
They'll have a hard time, but I have absolutely no doubt they will succeed.
I think Pagani won't release his next car before he's totally satisfied with it, and that man is a real perfectionist...

TopGearNL
06-20-2007, 06:12 PM
^^ Yeah, Im thinking of the TopGear Supercar Roadtrip which got Hammond stuck in Paris, definately not good! :shock: :|

Erez
06-20-2007, 06:16 PM
:shock: :shock: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :(

deuces
06-20-2007, 06:37 PM
I think Pagani does not have enough revenue to make the Zonda R and a successor at the same time. They will build the R, which will have higher margins, then use the profits from that along with other Zonda profits to build the so-called C9. In my opinion, it would have been more cost effective to build the successor to the C8 before building the track car, because the R will hog production space for such a limited production. Then again my name isn't Horatio :)

Svensson
06-20-2007, 07:03 PM
^^ Yeah, Im thinking of the TopGear Supercar Roadtrip which got Hammond stuck in Paris, definately not good! :shock: :|

LoL that was hilarious! I think I'm gonna watch it again now :lol:
Good ol' Top Gear entertainment!

TopGearNL
06-20-2007, 07:15 PM
^^Yeah but doesn't sound entertaining for the Pagani itself if it gets any bigger :shock:

EvolutioniuM
06-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Wider and longer that the already long and wide Zonda C12?! :hmm:

True, a wider and a longer car would be a LeMans prototype :P

I think that the article is based mainly on expectations, still waiting for TT's visit information :wink: