PDA

View Full Version : Ford Wins Most Vehicle Quality Awards

StanAE86
06-07-2007, 12:34 AM
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070606/vehicle_quality.html?.v=11

nthfinity
06-07-2007, 01:35 AM
Not that I would be surprised to see Toyota quality going down, but I'm still quite skeptic about such quality contest. After all, the J.D. Power and associates is an American company, isn't it?

In the past, the company which "paid" for thier data usually recieved more awards. about 4 years ago Ford dumped the idea of paying for the ansilary data which JD powers provided, and this is still the case... curious.

MidEngine4Life
06-07-2007, 03:38 AM
You guys need read closer......it says "initial quality". So after that initial 2 weeks it all starts to break. Dumbest award ever, fords still suck. 3 dealerships in my area have recently gone under.

"The (Initial Quality Survey) is not the whole picture when it comes to customers' perceptions and the information they have on quality. We think that long-term quality and durability are what people base their buying decisions on."

acmarttin
06-07-2007, 03:48 AM
You guys need read closer......it says "initial quality". So after that initial 2 weeks it all starts to break. Dumbest award ever, fords still suck. 3 dealerships in my area have recently gone under.

"The (Initial Quality Survey) is not the whole picture when it comes to customers' perceptions and the information they have on quality. We think that long-term quality and durability are what people base their buying decisions on."

My girlfriend just sold her ford not too long ago - after breaking down 5 times in 2 weeks over an issue that never did get resolved. Each time the Ford mechanics would explain to us in a confident tone how they've solved the problem and we could be on our way. Then we'd break down in their parking lot and have them tow us back to the garage.

Shinigami
06-07-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm surprised there's 3 MB's in the top, and seveal as runner ups...

Aren't MB's supposed to be unreliable ;) ?

But true... it's only initial quality, things can go downhill after a few months :shrug:

dutchmasterflex
06-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Saw this on freking CNN as I was walking out of work yesterday. Their must have been some shipment of cash leaving Ford somewhere..

crazidude
06-07-2007, 11:15 AM
I don't trust a word J.D. Power and Associates' say. These stupid Hyundai and Kia ads I see always claim they've won best car in their class or something by JD. I know Hyundai and Kia has improved dramatically over the years, but still, I don't see it beating out Honda and Toyota cars of the same category, or even BMW for that matter.

Mattk
06-08-2007, 07:58 AM
Well initial build quality often helps draw in the buyers. If the doors slam with a nice sound, things are screwed on tight and the engine sounds clean and refined, that's attractive. But obviously, long-term reliability and sustainability is more important.