PDA

View Full Version : F1 Traction control

Braden Head
01-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Great site.

Can anybody confirm whether there is going to be traction control this year in F1 or if there is going to be any launch control restrictions.

levensnevel
01-16-2004, 11:24 PM
Welcome BradenHead

check out this
http://www.pitpass.com/news2/news.cfm?newsid=8362
article and you'll know :fadein:

veilsidebr
01-17-2004, 09:37 PM
Yeah, there´s going to be allowed the Traction control this year. Well, the FiA sad that it´s impossible to drive that V10 900 hp F1 cars without it, i agree with them, because wheel spin would be a lot. This year the automatic gears will not be allowed, just semi automatic, with the buttons to up and down the gears.

SFDMALEX
01-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Yeah, there´s going to be allowed the Traction control this year. Well, the FiA sad that it´s impossible to drive that V10 900 hp F1 cars without it, i agree with them, because wheel spin would be a lot. This year the automatic gears will not be allowed, just semi automatic, with the buttons to up and down the gears.

Well FIA are fucking liars, thats all I got to say about them. 900hp is very controlible in F1. Very controlable, F1 cars have been driven without TC you know. All it requieres is a bit more skill, then just floring it all of the time...

In 1999 there was no TC, and HP figures were very close to what they are now. Were the cars impossible to drive???

veilsidebr
01-17-2004, 10:20 PM
No, since 1999 the Traction control is allowed man. But nowadays the cars are so much more faster than 1999, and, faster means dangerous. With no Traction control, can u gas 900hp in a 600Kg car without wheel spin on a straigh or corner exit??

Very hard...

alondahan
01-17-2004, 10:21 PM

Well FIA are fucking liars, thats all I got to say about them. 900hp is very controlible in F1. Very controlable, F1 cars have been driven without TC you know. All it requieres is a bit more skill, then just floring it all of the time...

In 1999 there was no TC, and HP figures were very close to what they are now. Were the cars impossible to drive???

that's right. and in the 80's they had 1400 hp monsters with unbelievable turbo lag, yet they still drove it without tc.

SFDMALEX
01-18-2004, 12:03 AM
No, since 1999 the Traction control is allowed man. But nowadays the cars are so much more faster than 1999, and, faster means dangerous. With no Traction control, can u gas 900hp in a 600Kg car without wheel spin on a straigh or corner exit??

Very hard...

No, there was no TC in 99.

And trust me mate, you can gas 1000hp in a 500kg car without wheel spin on a curve or a corner. It is not easy, but F1 or any motorsport in that case is not supposed to be easy. Its very possible. And dont forget that there were the days of turbo cars with hp figures out of this world.

Stino
01-18-2004, 06:56 AM
I agree with sfdmalix,

in the earlier F1 days, pilots needed to shift manual through the gears with a shiftpatern that looks very good too the ones we know as in normal cars today. TC was in that time not allowed and in those earlier years BMW had a 1600cc turbocharged F1 car with more than 1000hp.

F1 cars aren't impossible to drive without TC, it's just a rule to make F1 racing more safe ... stupid rule, not that there is something wrong with safety, but more talented drivers are in disadvantage and less talented drivers have more advantage.

bye

dropot2
01-18-2004, 07:13 AM
Completelly agree. If F1 drivers want to be considered the best drivers in the world, they must be able to control a car with 900 bhp without any help.
Nowadays the circuit are much more safer than in Niki Lauda's or Gilles Villeneuve's time so if that people drove their incredibly turbo charged car without any help and with a absolutely manual gearbox, Michael Schumacher or Montoya should do the same.
________
SUBARU SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Subaru)

FerrariKiller
01-19-2004, 07:44 PM
The more rules the FIA make the greater the advantage the williams/mclaren/ferrari kids have. They will find their way around the rules while the rest of the teams will have to start their game of catch-up all over again.

coloradosilver
01-19-2004, 07:50 PM
I remember something about them having a choice. They were allowed to keep the traction control, but had to give up something else. Anybody remember what the deal was?

levensnevel
01-19-2004, 11:32 PM
ColoradoSilver,

why don't you click on the link I've posted in my reply of three days ago :?:
Than you'll know :fadein: