PDA

View Full Version : Toyota engineers convicted of stealing secrets from Ferrari

Erez
04-26-2007, 01:59 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/25/toyota-engineers-convicted-of-stealing-secrets-from-ferrari/

:shock: assholes

dutchmasterflex
04-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Looks like these guys need a little lesson on Business Ethics.

Supposably, you shouldn't even be hiring employees based on who they worked for previously.

But on the other hand, this IS one of the only ways to compete in a business as competitive as car manufacturing.. and no one has stopped Toyota making it's way to becoming #1.

chest3r
04-26-2007, 04:02 PM
:x :x Shame on them!!

It might not have nothing to do with this but I've never really liked toyota cars cause they don't seem to have as much technology as many other cars. :roll:

5vz-fe
04-26-2007, 04:05 PM
If they benifit a win from a cheat, it will be somewhat worth it. In their current form and they caught cheating.....what a bunch of losers. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

novass
04-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Funniest thing is that they didn't improve a bit, even with the secret information stolen from Ferrari :roll: :lol:

Serves them right! :lol: Thieving ass monkeys!

RC45
04-26-2007, 10:06 PM
I am awaiting for the revelation that Toyota has been falsifying sales numbers for the last 10 years.

How is it that the company with the most boring and bland cars has the ,ost sales?

I am sure they are overstating global sales figures and will be busted in the next year or 2.

chest3r
04-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I am awaiting for the revelation that Toyota has been falsifying sales numbers for the last 10 years.

How is it that the company with the most boring and bland cars has the ,ost sales?

I am sure they are overstating global sales figures and will be busted in the next year or 2.

I'm pretty sure that's because they sell their car all over the world.

RC45
04-26-2007, 10:39 PM

I'm pretty sure that's because they sell their car all over the world.

Nope - its because they are incorrectly reporting sales numbers - I stand by my prediciotn and expect Toyota to re-issue and restate earnings statements and financials for 2005/5/6 sometime in 2008 or 2009.

This tactic is a clever one - they keep their stock price healthy, keep the opposition guessing and by the time they 'win" the sales war they can come clean and restate their lower numbers ;)

Global corporaitons have shown over the last decade this is exactly how they stay ahead.. some of them get away with it... others go bankrupt trying :P

Mattk
04-26-2007, 10:52 PM
^Given that where I'm from, the roads are teeming with all manner of Toyota automobiles, I'm pretty convinced that the sales numbers are relatively accurate. Toyota cars may be boring and bland, but they have high resale values, so they must be doing something right.

Anyway, you'd think they would be good if they stole from Ferrari, right? Unbelievably, they are still pretty ordinary.

rave426
04-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Jokes aside. Toyota cars are damn good cars. Even the freaking Scion TC as a level of refinement and sturdiness that you dont expect from a car that cheap.

And yes, Toyota sells an assload of cars.....but that doesnt put down the fact that they stole from Ferrari.

Toyota has a had alot of recent downfalls. It seems like the more they try to take over the American market, reapng the benifits of insane profit, the more cheap they become and more problems the cars are having.

I still dont know why they want in NASCAR. Maybe they think they can blow the Fords and Chevys away..........

How about you guys at Toyota just focus on developing what is hopefully the next RWD automotive masterpiece....aka....Toyota Supra - that'el keep ya busy for a while

ZfrkS62
04-26-2007, 11:52 PM
"It seems that Toyota will stop at nothing to catch up to Ferrari, and when hiring a Schumacher didn't work, less legal means were employed."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

RC, i don't think Toyota has inflated their figures at all. They may not make a car that inspires any kind of passion, but they do make a reliable, affordable vehicle that people aren't ashamed to be seen in (read: Kia, Hyundai). They are great commuter cars and for economy class cars, they are able to get out of their own way...when the driver wants it to...which is usually never...

But seriously, take note of how many Toyotas you see running around town. Once you start looking for them, you realize they're everywhere.

stmoritzer
04-27-2007, 03:51 AM
behind bars in Italy for stealing secrets from Ferrari.

not good for the health of these two guys :mrgreen: - means they will be able to shit in big sizes

rusrocket
04-27-2007, 12:14 PM
seems like a microsoft (toyota) vs. apple (ferrari) situtation. we all know which one is better in the end.

silentm
04-27-2007, 04:19 PM
^^ yeah but apple still sucks :P

like Dani said, here you see tons of german car makes, like BMW Merc Audi and VW. maybe Toyota sells a lot of cars but still there are more german car brands being sold.

rusrocket
04-27-2007, 05:55 PM
well, i was comparing the two because bill gates stole secrets from apple in the early years, and imo apple is still the innovative, high performing, and reliable brand, much like ferrari.

rusrocket
04-27-2007, 08:30 PM
^
you can ask anyone who uses computers for a living (ie web designers) about the reliability and performance of a mac and they will surely agree with me on the fact that macs are superior.

Microsoft - Everybody wants Microsoft products (yes they do), they have several flagship products-however the product is expensive and there is a huge demand
Ferrari - Several Flagship cars through the years that created demand - not everyone can afford one but there is a huge amount of demand

demand, by definition, is created by people who are willing and ABLE to buy a product, not just by those who are willing.

apple, like ferrari, specializes in expensive, innovative, high-end products. a mac pro desktop starts at $2500 usd, which is much more than an average consumer wants and is willing to spend. in the same way, a ferrari f430 starts at roughly 170 grand (from the factory).

dutchmasterflex
04-27-2007, 08:41 PM

And what about the fact that everywhere you look you are surrounded by boring bland Toyotas?

ZfrkS62
04-27-2007, 08:51 PM

And what about the fact that everywhere you look you are surrounded by boring bland Toyotas?

the problem is, you don't SEE them. They are under the radar in terms of styling, and no one rices them out, because there's nothing to really do to them.

Like i said, you don't start seeing them until you look for them. Isn't the Corolla one of the most sold vehicles out there?

5vz-fe
04-27-2007, 11:47 PM
^
you can ask anyone who uses computers for a living (ie web designers) about the reliability and performance of a mac and they will surely agree with me on the fact that macs are superior.

Microsoft - Everybody wants Microsoft products (yes they do), they have several flagship products-however the product is expensive and there is a huge demand
Ferrari - Several Flagship cars through the years that created demand - not everyone can afford one but there is a huge amount of demand

demand, by definition, is created by people who are willing and ABLE to buy a product, not just by those who are willing.

apple, like ferrari, specializes in expensive, innovative, high-end products. a mac pro desktop starts at $2500 usd, which is much more than an average consumer wants and is willing to spend. in the same way, a ferrari f430 starts at roughly 170 grand (from the factory).

Both my co-workers purchased MacBook and MacBook Pro around similar time and their screen fucked up around similar time. The software is reliable is becoz it is unix <--- that aint apple special.

RC45
04-28-2007, 02:01 AM
^

Wrong.

I am droping a $400,000 solution into a small company to help them do their business with out knowing the compueters running the infrastructure behind the scens are there - and not a Mac in sight - anywhere.

The Terrabytes of SAN storage, the 980GB capacity robotic tape library, the Fileservers etc - all Wintel.

The 80 Cad Workstations all Wintel - the 10 marketing, video production and art work systems all Wintel - the video surveilance and alarm system all hooke dup via Wintel.

Not a single Mac.

Macs are ok for single users and pooftas with no corporate managability needs - professional businesses with a nee dot be reliable and managable use Wintel.

That's just how it is.

rusrocket
04-28-2007, 07:25 AM
ok guys. you are all entitled to your own opinions. i cant believe we are still on this topic. i still think macs are better! :D

dutchmasterflex
04-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Oh boy.

5vz-fe
04-28-2007, 08:33 PM
ok guys. you are all entitled to your own opinions. i cant believe we are still on this topic. i still think macs are better! :D

You are the one who bring up the topic of Microsoft vs Apple
You are the one who generalize personal opinion, if you start with "I think macs are better", I don't believe anyone would drill into you.

Kaz
04-29-2007, 10:45 PM
*buys a camry

Mattk
04-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Well actually they don't to be honest--they are no greater than any other automaker.
High enough that I wouldn't buy one. I'd go for Mitsubishi if I wanted a cheap used car.

What's with all this Microsoft and Apple business? There is no analogy. Both Microsoft and Apple are equally as innovative. Neither copies the other.

rusrocket
04-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah IN the BIZ, No they aren't

The iPod is a cheap piece of shit, they are mass-produced with a high price tag. Sorry to burst your bubble they do not compare. We will say Honda (cheap mass-produced) and Apple are comparable BUT not Ferrari.

we are talking about PC vs. Mac, not Zune vs. Ipod.

^

Wrong.

I am droping a $400,000 solution into a small company to help them do their business with out knowing the compueters running the infrastructure behind the scens are there - and not a Mac in sight - anywhere.

The Terrabytes of SAN storage, the 980GB capacity robotic tape library, the Fileservers etc - all Wintel.

The 80 Cad Workstations all Wintel - the 10 marketing, video production and art work systems all Wintel - the video surveilance and alarm system all hooke dup via Wintel.

Not a single Mac.

Macs are ok for single users and pooftas with no corporate managability needs - professional businesses with a nee dot be reliable and managable use Wintel.

That's just how it is.

sure. but do they want to use wintel? probably not. plus, your machines incur boatloads of tech supports costs, many of which could be avoided through using macs because they are more reliable. that, my friend, is actually how it is. and i dont appreciate your calling me a poofta.

Mattk
04-30-2007, 08:54 PM
sure. but do they want to use wintel? probably not.

Considering they do use it, I would say yes.

RC45
04-30-2007, 09:38 PM
^

Wrong.

Not a single Mac.

That's just how it is.

sure. but do they want to use wintel? probably not. plus, your machines incur boatloads of tech supports costs, many of which could be avoided through using macs because they are more reliable. that, my friend, is actually how it is. and i dont appreciate your calling me a poofta.

Sorry about the poofta comment mate - do you prefer homosexual?

And with regard to your ill informed comments - please explain to me what Apple offers in the way of enterprise network computing? Please - try explain this one away.

5vz-fe
04-30-2007, 09:57 PM
^I would like to know the answer to that question too. I would also like to know how is Mac more reliable than SUN, HP, IBM .... (apples to apples now).

79TA
05-01-2007, 12:24 AM
First cheating in NASCAR then in F1, I am almost ashamed of working for them :P

But then again they've been stealing designs from BMW for ever so whats the big deal. Italians make a big fuzz about everything :lol:

so that's where you get your arbitrary Toyota enthusiasm from.

(Maybe it's old news to JW but it's new to me as I've only been on this forum for a couple of months now.)

Pokiou
05-01-2007, 03:10 AM
wtf has ferrari have the toyota needs ??? engine bolts ??? useless !

novass
05-01-2007, 07:10 AM
wtf has ferrari have the toyota needs ???

Podium finishes :P

Erez
05-01-2007, 07:40 AM
wtf has ferrari have the toyota needs ???

Podium finishes :P :lol: :lol: :lol: