PDA

View Full Version : A chance to buy the STI used by Russ Swift's

evoWalo
04-16-2007, 11:03 AM
A few weeks ago Russ Swift (http://www.russswift.co.uk/videos.html) came to Manila to do stunts for the Manila International Motorshow using a bunch of WRX and a STI. The WRXs were used to parallel park, reverse parking, two wheel driving and 180-degree turns. The STI on the other hand parking maneuevers, dance routine and donuts.

I recently found out that these cars have been put on sale and will be sold at a good discount by the sole Subaru dealer in the country. I'm interested with the STI as it has been given a substantial discount of PHP350T/USD7,330 bringing down the price from P2.25M/USD47,121 to P1.9M/USD39,791

The STI's clutch is cooked as well as the hand break. This being the case the dealer will replace the clutch but I am unsure about the handbreak. The car's odo clocks in at 36km/22miles at last check. The stock tires were used for a single day and were swapped out with harder ones the next day. Dunno if teh deal means I'll be getting the orignal ones or replacements.

If the STI was only used for donuts would the problem only be with the transmission and brakes? Would other problems come into play if it was only used to do donuts for a period of 4 days?

Buying this car also means I don't have to wait for my indent order from Japan.

dutchmasterflex
04-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Well if the engine wasn't properly broken in before Russ Swift got into them, I'd be weary of the engine.

Do you still get the warranty?

evoWalo
04-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Yeah still warrantied.

TopGearNL
04-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Interesting!

May be thrashed bit if its been well maintaned and you get warranty why not?

ViperASR
04-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Interesting!

May be thrashed bit if its been well maintaned and you get warranty why not?

Well maintained for all 22 miles of its life :lol:

I would be really worried about the motor, as I imagine it was thrashed pretty hard by Russ. Those motors and turbos need to be broken in from what I know/have heard. I would say buy it but sell it before the warrenty runs out. That also means keeping it pretty stock...

TopGearNL
04-16-2007, 01:35 PM
^^ Well 22 miles of thrashing! :wink:

dutchmasterflex
04-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Not to mention you can probably sell it over seas some where for good money abeled as "Driven by Russ Swift"... especially if he signed it.