PDA

View Full Version : JCs latest article from TG homepage...

martin100
04-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Very interesting read about the future direction of Top Gear, when it possibly will be back, and other things such as Top Gear forums like this one. Seems that he is also not quite happy with the latest series... What do you think?

http://www.topgear.com/blogs/planettopgear/040-series-10-its-up-to-you/

yg60m
04-15-2007, 12:18 PM
I am glad he has the same view I have ... but I am not sure it will be enough to bring back the show we all love :?

Jabba
04-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Very good read, and interesting that his points have been raised on JW many times before.

pagani
04-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Very interesting read about the future direction of Top Gear, when it possibly will be back, and other things such as Top Gear forums like this one. Seems that he is also not quite happy with the latest series... What do you think?

http://www.topgear.com/blogs/planettopgear/040-series-10-its-up-to-you/

I think topgear needs to go back basics to proper car testing format whit out the celebrity lap but whit the stig.
Just like they did in the time that tiff was still on the show.
:D 8)

Ghostbat
04-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Very interesting read and I'm happy that Jezza feels the same way as many of us.

martin100
04-15-2007, 02:09 PM
He said that he would also like the show to return to normal, but as the viewig rates are so high the BBC wants to stick to a more family friendly format :roll:

ViperASR
04-15-2007, 09:01 PM
MAKE IT LIKE IS WAS!!!

Glad that JC shares the same opionion that most of us do.

Mattk
04-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah, I do feel they've gone a bit overboard with funny specials where they buy cheap cars and do weird things with them. Fun. but not informative. Part of the appeal of Top Gear is that it is informative and enlightening, whilst being entertaining.

dutchmasterflex
04-16-2007, 10:33 AM
IMO, it's too late for Top Gear to go back to what it used to be. They should keep Top Gear the way it is now for its ratings and all the of the regular sunday watching TV brits, and create a new show, more focused for the car enthusiast.

TopGearNL
04-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Very interesting points and issues brought forward by Jeremy!

Problem is that most people that have watched it after Hammonds crash were doing so because they wanted see some entertainment rather then car reviews..

I really hope they will bring back more reviews in the future but I fear just like Dutchmasterflex that it may already be too late..

As soon as the viewing figures go skyhigh because they are doing new stuff why would the BBC managers stick to the old stuff like reviews?

Only solution for this is to create a seperate program in which they do stunts like the shuttle and tests with tractor. Would be ideal if the TG crew did this. Then broadcast it before TG so when its finished many people will stay tuned for TG which features nice car reviews and an occasional stunt..

silentm
04-17-2007, 02:31 PM
well i don't see TG getting back to the old days soon. in the end of the article he said so himself that he would want a more family oriented headline for TG. so quite frankly if you guys expect soem great changes, i don't think so :?

Q
04-17-2007, 09:05 PM
i like the show and i like whats coming up for next sries, but they gotta get rid of the jay leno's tonight show style

TopGearNL
04-17-2007, 09:57 PM
^^ Sadly that is what most people want on a sunday evening, a jay leno tonight show with entertainment..

I just want reviews