PDA

View Full Version : Non-BMW Chris Bangle Design Request

acmarttin
03-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey I was just wondering if anybody knows where I could find some images of Chris Bangle's designs that he made prior to working for BMW. I heard they were not that great and I wanted to see for myself. But when I google Chris Bangle all I can get is crap about his work for BMW. And I already know about that. I see it every day :(

TopGearNL
03-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Rumor has it that had he stuck with Fiat for a little while longer he would be designing Ferraris today.

I can't imagine how the Ferrari's would have looked like then today :shock:

Neema702
03-26-2007, 05:53 PM
thank god he's not designing ferraris, his bmw designs on average are just average, altho i do love the way the 3-series coupe looks in person... and i cant wait to see the e90 M3 in person...

chest3r
03-26-2007, 06:26 PM
I wouldn't mind to see a Ferrari design by him.

I didn't know Coupe Fiat was design by him. But... that was design by Pininfarina, if I'm not wrong. So, was he working for Pininfarina ??

HeilSvenska
03-26-2007, 06:55 PM
I didn't know Coupe Fiat was design by him. But... that was design by Pininfarina, if I'm not wrong. So, was he working for Pininfarina ??

I don't think Fiat Coupé was designed by Pininfarina. It was designed by Chris Bangle when he was working at Fiat.

http://www.carstyling.ru/resources/concept/83opel_junior_1.jpg
1983 Opel Junior Concept...he worked on the interior...which you can't see...

chest3r
03-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Curious !!! Here's the explanation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Coupe

The exterior was designed by Bangle and the interior by Pininfarina. I remember seein' the Pininfarina badge on the car, that's why I was so sure about it. It doesn't make much sense. I bet every one thinks the whole car was designed by Pininfarina.

BTW I didn't know Chris Bangle was American. That's really weird :D

RC45
03-26-2007, 09:21 PM
I used to like BMW's - then Bangle arrived ;)

RC45
03-26-2007, 09:35 PM
^ Oh come on RC, BMW has kicked every other car maker in the butt with sales. Thanks to Bangle.

Think of the Irony--An American Designing European Car and being successful! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But the cars suck. ;)

I just cannot get excited about the looks of any modern Beemer.. and if not for the performance of the M5, what else do they have?

RC45
03-26-2007, 09:51 PM
The are selling.

Hey, the liberals are voting, doesnt mean they are right or the people they elect are not marooons.. ;) :P

ae86_16v
03-26-2007, 10:22 PM
I used to like BMW's - then Bangle arrived ;)

Agreed. Flame Surface just doesn't work for me.

Rumor has it that had he stuck with Fiat for a little while longer he would be designing Ferraris today.

I can't imagine how the Ferrari's would have looked like then today :shock:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I though Ferraris were design by Pininfarina?

Pokiou
03-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Ferrari's are designed by lots of companies... Bertone. Pinin. and a few more.

acmarttin
03-27-2007, 12:13 AM
I always thought Bangle's designs were sort of like what I thought cars in the future would look like when I was in 2nd grade.

So....I guess I was right?

HeilSvenska
03-27-2007, 01:12 AM
It doesn't make much sense. I bet every one thinks the whole car was designed by Pininfarina.

No... It's just you.

I guess Fiat saw what Bangle did with the exterior and thought, "Urrrrrrrr. no... I think we'll let Pininfarina finish the car before he ruins it completely."