PDA

View Full Version : 2009 MB CLC-Class

blue8
03-20-2007, 12:15 PM
From Motor Authority:
Preview: 2009 Mercedes Benz CLC-Class
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/2549/mbclcabriocs1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Mercedes Benz is expected to add a brand new model to its lineup with the possible introduction of a convertible version of its CL coupe as seen in this latest rendering. News of the model’s existence was first dropped by DaimlerChrysler’s Vice President of Program Management, Hans Dieter Multhaupt, who hinted that a convertible CL was possible during an interview with Auto Motor und Sport. He also mentioned that a new diesel powered version could also eventuate.

When developing the new CL coupe, engineers designed the car’s structure so that a convertible version could be built with very minor modifications. Until recently, demand for a cabrio of this size was lacking in the market place, which is the main reason there hasn’t been a drop-top version of the CL as yet. However, considering the high levels of excitement the four-door Mercedes Ocean Drive concept received at this year’s Detroit Auto Show, it’s obvious there is a lot of public interest in mega-sized convertibles.

In May last year it was revealed that DaimlerChrysler had registered the name “CLC-Class” as a trademark under the title of “automobiles and their structural parts,” and this would be an appropriate name for the new car. Though it seems logical for Mercedes to build the CL cabrio with folding hard-top, the luxury carmaker may eschew this route and go with a conventional canvas roof. Creating a complex folding hard-top for the CL would be difficult given the size and weight of the potential design. Once again, the Ocean Drive may hint at the new car’s styling, itself featuring a large soft-top.

The convertible will most likely carry over the same engine range as its coupe sibling. This means you’re likely to find several V8 and V12 powerplants under the hood, as well as a few high-output AMG prepped versions and the aforementioned diesel mill. There’s also word that Mercedes might offer 4Matic AWD as an option, but we’ll have to wait until the car’s release late next year to find out.
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/7230/mbclcabriowt0.th.jpg (http://img365.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mbclcabriowt0.jpg)

-- Personally, I'd rather have this than an insanely big, fat and heavy 4-door coupe! And hopefully they retain the CL's styling instead of taking hints from the Ocean Drive Concept

saadie
03-20-2007, 12:39 PM
the longgg body looks awkward :? ...
im not a convertibles man anyway ... bring me a hardtop anyday 8)

RCV
03-20-2007, 12:49 PM
I like it.. looks good.. an AMG version of this will be awesome.

pitfield
03-20-2007, 12:55 PM
too big and heavy

dutchmasterflex
03-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Not feeling the new CL at all.. and chopping the top off makes it look uglier. Benz has fell off in my mind ever since they made the R-class.

pitfield
03-20-2007, 01:17 PM
I know what you mean, even though I work there I'm finding that BMW has really tested my loyalties recently, although the new M3 has corrected it dramatically.

TopGearNL
03-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Like Dani said, Azure-competitor!

These cars just look wrong because they are so frikken huge :shock:

Erez
03-20-2007, 01:58 PM
:bad:

rave426
03-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Ok........Im tired of Mercs now. They have too many damn cars. Just cut everything off that isnt AMG. Heck. That thing is ugly!

SPEEDKILLAR
03-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Big pimpin 8)

Pokiou
03-20-2007, 08:51 PM
just doesnt look right.. to long and to MERCY .... its like something an old 60yo would drive...

cant picture a young person in that.

Pok

blue8
03-21-2007, 08:51 AM
just doesnt look right.. to long and to MERCY .... its like something an old 60yo would drive...

cant picture a young person in that.

Pok

At its expected selling price, no young person will be driving that!

Mattk
03-21-2007, 09:00 AM
At least this isn't as bad as the Ocean Drive Concept. That is, however, the only positive that can be said about this monstrosity.

Stoopie
03-21-2007, 09:08 AM
:hmm: :good:

franck bullitt
03-21-2007, 03:25 PM
I want one.... 8)

Nick6
03-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Ok........Im tired of Mercs now. They have too many damn cars. Just cut everything off that isnt AMG. Heck. That thing is ugly!
lol, how many classes do they have? 30 something? And then how many models per class? :?

wasaabi92
03-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Mercedes needs to stop builidng soooo many cars that are soooo similar. And they need to stop throwing AMG badges on every different model they make. OR at least, put a different engine in the respective cars. The 6.2 is everything from the lowly C-Class up to the CL?! C'mon. Only the SL and G have the "old" s/c 5.4. And that was ubiquitous back in the day too.

Mercedes has lost all of their appeal, as far as I'm concerened. The only one I'd even consider would be the G55. That's it. 8)

I was never a Benz fan, and now, I don't think I ever will be. Gimme an RS 4 and I'll be set for life.

Sir_GT
03-23-2007, 05:49 PM
It just screams...

"I got old without much sex! I need sexy time! Please? Anyone?"

TopGearNL
03-23-2007, 07:24 PM
^^ Yeah from persons like Paris Hilton, who think these cars are adorable :wink:

martin100
03-24-2007, 01:14 PM
So this is what the Ocean Drive concept will become in reality. Looks good for a convertible of that size!

rusrocket
04-22-2007, 09:28 PM
It just screams...

"I got old without much sex! I need sexy time! Please? Anyone?"

hah for sure