PDA

View Full Version : Corvette C6 Z06

System
03-13-2007, 08:17 PM
http://img111.imagevenue.com/loc188/th_30965_Chevrolet_Corvette_Z06_2006_1600x1200_wal lpaper_06_122_188lo.jpg (http://img111.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=30965_Chevrolet_Corvette_Z06_2006_16 00x1200_wallpaper_06_122_188lo.jpg)

:popcorn:

nthfinity
03-13-2007, 08:19 PM
performance itself is enough to bring it to cool..... actually... its beyond cool, its Kool :P

ae86_16v
03-13-2007, 08:32 PM
Definitely "Cool" but just a bit short from subzero. Performance numbers speak for itself.

In terms of value, the previous version C5 Z06 was better bang for the buck, but that doesn't take anything away from this car.

chest3r
03-13-2007, 09:01 PM
In Europe it's Cool, but I guess in the USA it would be uncool!

It looks and sounds good!

racer_f50
03-14-2007, 01:04 AM
Let's have some fun with this one :wink:

I've voted Subzero.

It has the performance, the looks and the pedigree or a true racecar for the road :D

Plus it sounds glorious, it's a perfect daily-drive car... and it costs a third of a same-spec Ferrari :P
Not so sure on the "perfect daily-drive car" part due to what must be a harsh suspension setup (haven't driven one personally, just guessing), but I totally agree with your vote and other reasons 8)

SFDMALEX
03-14-2007, 01:18 AM
Its cool but SubZero is pushing it ;)

saadie
03-14-2007, 02:08 AM
cool 8) i've had some nice personal experience with 3 different Z06

what really makes a Z06 sub0 is OZ with semi slicks :twisted:

http://serv2.imagehigh.com/imgss/5352651_Dsc00323.jpg

http://serv2.imagehigh.com/imgss/5352661_Dsc00324.jpg

http://serv2.imagehigh.com/imgss/5352665_Dsc00325.jpg

79TA
03-14-2007, 02:52 AM
-awesome performance
-race winning heritage
-deceent road manners (even good mileage)
-stunning looks
-all under 80k???

easily sub zero

yg60m
03-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Subzero for me :D

Mattk
03-14-2007, 08:52 AM
To be honest, I don't think this car looks cool at all. In terms of car design, the Corvette has gone downhill in recent years.

sameerrao
03-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Definitely cool from a performance and design standpoint.

SPEEDKILLAR
03-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Cool, it is at its peak, but subzero is too high for this car.

RC45
03-14-2007, 01:09 PM
seriously uncool. it's still a worthless corvette

What a surprise... you couldn't just leave the intelligent members to have their own thread and debate :roll:

gucom
03-14-2007, 06:30 PM
the looks aren't as nice as the C5's imo, and the interior looks pretty cheap, but then again, its a cheap car :D
its pretty awesome for what it delivers: great performance in a normal (non trackday special) car package, for a great price... it achieves what it wants to achieve, if you want an awesome interior get something more expensive... it's really cool imo, close to SZ even
(wow i wouldn't have said that a couple of years ago :P and hereby i'd like to offer apologies to RC45 and other US car lovers for, indeed, in the past not wanting to acknowledge that american cars can actually be pretty darn good at what they're meant to be)

btw this is a place to discuss opinions about the Corvette C6 Z06, if everse thinks it's still a crappy corvette this is the place for him to say so... he doesn't attack it in an unreasonable way, so i dont see the big problem here :roll:

RC45
03-14-2007, 07:52 PM

What a surprise... you couldn't just leave the intelligent members to have their own thread and debate :roll:

quit stalking every comment i make, neo-nazi poser.
That's your best comeback?

You forgot to insult my family and background - it's not like you to stop short of a personal attack.

I am guessing you are high again.

ferrarif1fan89
03-14-2007, 08:08 PM

quit stalking every comment i make, neo-nazi poser.

that wasn't really necessary, now was it?

and before i read that..........disturbing comment, i was GOING to say:

Subzero! True racing pedigree, loooooots of power, good looking car, and that feeling that it will bite your head off if you don't drive it like you should. i love his car!

RC45
03-14-2007, 08:18 PM
RC45,

you make us ALL laugh. you are the most racist and ignorant person on this entire forum...or any website i attend regularly. your constant inclusion of racist remarks and insulting of people with personal attacks is unrivalled.

You are a bald faced liar - and are again dragging a thread down with your pettiness.

Your accusing me of being a racsist is very close to crossing the line. Either substantiate that remark/comment with some proof or retract it.

then it's hilarious when you cry about being "attacked".

let's just say...you deserve EVERY attack you get. Because for every one you recieve...you have given out 20 to others.

now...fuck off, neo-nazi.
Anad again - is the best insult you have? Blatant lies and falsehoods?

Jabba - for the love of the forum and common decency, col dwe please have this guy banned?

He is now single handedly dragging down every theread he posts in.

A very sad state of affairs.

RC45
03-14-2007, 08:22 PM
RC45,

you make us ALL laugh. you are the most racist and ignorant person on this entire forum...your constant inclusion of racist remarks and insulting of people with personal attacks is unrivalled.

i didn't attack YOUR race....i simply called you a neo-nazi...someone who discriminates against other ethnic groups....which you DO...regularly.

and in case your senile memory doesn't remind you....YOU previously told me to "go back to my own country" and then shoved your own head up your arse when you realised i was BORN HERE.....hilarious. You also stated my family are from a 3rd world shithole.......NOT racist then?

now...fuck off, neo-nazi.

Nice try with the edits to clean up your posts. And suggesting you head back to the land of your ancestors is not racist at all.

Youreally are becoming the model of idiocy with your filthy attacks - I am betting most everyone else doesn't like youpolluting yet another thread - please stop.

RC45
03-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Your accusing me of being a racsist is very close to crossing the line. Either substantiate that remark/comment with some proof or retract it.

here you go. and FUCK YOU.

The greatest city in the USA? Wow - the way you seem to hate the USA, I am surprised you havent gone back to the 3rd world shithole you and your family came from - oh yeah- that's right - youare the wealthy class ;)

Again - wheres the racism in the comment? And you might want to clean up your posts BTW - you are crosing the line of JW forum rules in every post.

And again - just give it up and stop polluting the forum - please.

ferrarif1fan89
03-14-2007, 08:28 PM
RC, im Cuban. Do you hate me?

RC45
03-14-2007, 08:31 PM

Are you an illegal alien? Are you a communist? Are you a gangbanging drug dealer?

If not - why would I have any reason to dislike you, let alone hate you.

ferrarif1fan89
03-14-2007, 08:33 PM

Are you an illegal alien? Are you a communist? Are you a gangbanging drug dealer?

I'll take that as a no. so can we get back to DISCUSSING. THE. MOTHER. FUCKING. CAR?

RC45
03-14-2007, 08:37 PM

here you go. and FUCK YOU.

The greatest city in the USA? Wow - the way you seem to hate the USA, I am surprised you havent gone back to the 3rd world shithole you and your family came from - oh yeah- that's right - youare the wealthy class ;)

Again - wheres the racism in the comment? And you might want to clean up your posts BTW - you are crosing the line of JW forum rules in every post.

And again - just give it up and stop polluting the forum - please.

are you SO racist that you can't even tell that you HATE people for where they come from?

you have SERIOUS problems.

Oh - so youknow me?

Maybe if you looked in the mirror and saw yourself for the lowlife who refused to so much as thank another person for taking the heat of your actions you might understand why I hate because of who you are as a person - not what your heritage is.

Simply put, when push came to shove I foolishly did not give you up as the source of the C6 Z06 photos to GM, even under threat of litigation - as I thought you may appreciate it - instead you turned into just about the most dispicable person on Jabbas World.

I liek to think the real reason I never game you up is because I was more concerned about the ramificaitons to JW than to you.

Based on your recent behaviour on these forums it would seem I am 100% correct in my opinion of you.

Now - again, please try to keep your posts civil and on topic, you are really over stepping the bounds and rules of JabbasWorld.

RC45
03-14-2007, 08:38 PM

I'll take that as a no. so can we get back to DISCUSSING. THE. MOTHER. FUCKING. CAR?

Yep - that's a no on the 'hate' thing - but I am afraid to discuss the car in case everso jumps in and hijacks the thread again.

ferrarif1fan89
03-14-2007, 08:40 PM

Yep - that's a no on the 'hate' thing - but I am afraid to discuss the car in case everso jumps in and hijacks the thread again.

sorry for getting so mad, but it seems every time i go into a topic that is REMOTELY associated with america, its an RC45 vs. THE WORLD fight. honestly, if you have a problem with him, FUCKING PM HIM SO I DON'T HAVE TO READ THIS WORTHLESS BULLSHIT@ this is addressed to EVERYONE! start acting like the grown men you are and walk away with our fight!

RC45
03-14-2007, 08:43 PM

sorry for getting so mad, but it seems every time i go into a topic that is REMOTELY associated with america, its an RC45 vs. THE WORLD fight. honestly, if you have a problem with him, FUCKING PM HIM SO I DON'T HAVE TO READ THIS WORTHLESS BULLSHIT@ this is addressed to EVERYONE! start acting like the grown men you are and walk away with our fight!

Well - not wanting to make you any angrier, but it wa sno t"RC45 vs the World" and has not been in a number of "World vs Corvette" threads ;)

So - if you are goign to get angry at me - at least be accurate.. oh - and for the record I have made a number of attempts to politely ask "the other person" to tone it down, or better yet just stop posting :P

ferrarif1fan89
03-14-2007, 08:50 PM

Well - not wanting to make you any angrier, but it wa sno t"RC45 vs the World" and has not been in a number of "World vs Corvette" threads ;)

So - if you are goign to get angry at me - at least be accurate.. oh - and for the record I have made a number of attempts to politely ask "the other person" to tone it down, or better yet just stop posting :P

when i say RC vs. THE WORLD, i mean you are CONSTANTLY having to defend yourself, which you shouldn't, at least not on a public forum. i am NOT mad at you. i am mad at those who egg on the arguments, who start things without true cause. if you are SO mad at RC, talk to him and/or jabba (since this is HIS house and HIS rules) PRIVATELY, not on public forums. im sick and tired of having to sift through "fuck america", "fuck you rc, you racist", and general "fuck off, this is my opinion, don't like it? bite me" bullshit that is the norm now on this forum. jabbasworld USED to be great! now look at it. its a wrestling match, sparked by some unnecessary comment or inaccurate information. lets all just cool down, and be men. i'm REALLY hate getting all mad, especially about stupid, childish things, but come now, lets grow up everyone!

RC45
03-14-2007, 09:40 PM
^ ;) that's kind of what I hoped... BTW - is it ok to like Cubans - big fat thick Cubans that I even like to lick, chew and suck on them sometimes? ;)

Hand job ones are the best :P ;)

ferrarif1fan89
03-14-2007, 09:42 PM
^ ;) that's kind of what I hoped... BTW - is it ok to like Cubans - big fat thick Cubans that I even like to lick, chew and suck on them sometimes? ;)

Hand job ones are the best :P ;)

but they have to be original, thick, hard cuban. none of this make believe dominican shit that i see on every corner in the bad parts of town.... :lol: :wink:

novass
03-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Before I started reading this entire thread, I was gonna say the Z06 is somewhere between Cool and Subzero. Having said that and now having read this entire thread, I vote Subzero and I will tell you why.

Everything about the Z06 that had pointed towards Cool still stands and they are:
Performance - You can dispute mag test numbers all you want but you can't say that its not a very fast car
Looks - I know looks are subjective, but IMO I think it looks great
Price - At least for us here, it is very affordable
Availability - I have no data to back this up but I would imagine its easier to get one than say a F430, GT3, etc
Maintenance costs - compared to other cars with similar performance, its cheap

Now the reason that made me choose Subzero is this; What other car creates so much controversy and discussion? Sure, certain other cars spark debates but nowhere near the level of the Vette. Perhaps it is just this forum, but every time the Vette is mentioned, someone has something to say about it. It may not always be good comments but that doesn't change the fact that people love to talk about it.

79TA
03-15-2007, 03:20 AM
you are ignoring the quoted thread. you can try and avoid it...but i think you have a bit of a problem, man.

learn to substantiate. I'm not only referring to your completely off topic convo with RC45 but also in regards to the Vette.

"worthless corvette" . . .

lacking in performance: no
lacking in price: well priced compared to other cars of similar spec but by no means cheap
rapidly depreciates: considering only 3k a year are made, again, no.
lacking in interior quality: it's not a ferrari but it's still not lacking. If you want nice and cushy, go sit on a couch.
lacking in everyday road manners: somewhat but who cares, you can take 99.99% of anything and everything on the road and the car sounds magnificent

blinkmeat
03-15-2007, 03:35 AM
This car is Very Cool

Ghostbat
03-15-2007, 03:55 AM
Damn this thread is messed up!

C6 Z06 is cool in my book. Kinda plastic but the bang for buck makes up for that.

blinkmeat
03-15-2007, 04:26 AM

C6 Z06 is cool in my book. Kinda plastic but the bang for buck makes up for that.

http://www.talentecology.com/images/ali_g_respect.gif

I say take it to the PRIVATE messages area ...

Shinigami
03-15-2007, 04:40 AM

C6 Z06 is cool in my book. Kinda plastic but the bang for buck makes up for that.Different tastes for different people...

There's been some pretty amusing votes on many of the cars in the cool wall section. I personally don't know how some people were able to put "seriously uncool" on some of the cars in there. Most of the time it's just hate against a certain car manufacturer, and the fact that the person probably has never even sat inside the aforementioned vehicle doesn't help. For example, someone gave seriously uncool for the Vanquish. I bet they probably haven't even driven one. I have, and I think the car is very, VERY nice. Somewhere in between subzero and cool.

Ghostbat
03-15-2007, 05:17 AM
^
Different taste is one thing. Being a hater is just a shame. I admit I love Mercedes because I have grown up with that brand but I'm definetely not a blind fanatic. Even if I'm not in the market for a Vette, I'm (like most people) open enough to see that it's a pretty cool car.

ARMAN
03-15-2007, 05:36 AM
not SZ probably but damn cool it is :P

RC and Everso - :mrgreen: you guys should meet and beat up eachother than it will be peace on JW.
Btw Everso admit you are a bit biased - any BMW or Vette is utter crap for you and every audi is the best car in the world :D I dont have a problem with that its your opinion even if it is biased :wink:

Shinigami
03-15-2007, 06:15 AM
I'm (like most people) open enough to see that it's a pretty cool car.
But that's the problem, seems like all too many people are not open like this.

Mattk
03-15-2007, 06:37 AM
I wished they'd bring back something like the 1987 Corvette back. That design was close to subzero.

ae86_16v
03-15-2007, 07:28 AM
I wished they'd bring back something like the 1987 Corvette back. That design was close to subzero.

For me, Subzero would be the C2 Sting Ray and the C3 Design. Love the lines and the flow of the C3.

novass
03-15-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm (like most people) open enough to see that it's a pretty cool car.
But that's the problem, seems like all too many people are not open like this.

Agreed. I don't really care where the car comes from or who makes it, if its cool then its cool. Having brand loyalty is one thing, but having blind opinions is another.

Mattk
03-15-2007, 10:08 AM
^Well, to some people, brand loyalty is (regrettably) taken too far. They think that everything from their favourite maker is cool and everything else is rubbish.

RC45
03-15-2007, 10:25 AM
http://www.talentecology.com/images/ali_g_respect.gif

I say take it to the PRIVATE messages area ...
Only is Ali brings a Cuban to suck on.

dutchmasterflex
03-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Amazing how this shit just keeps going on and on and on..

I vote sub zero, the C6 Z06 is one of my dream cars, up there with Porsche and Ferrari.

silentm
03-15-2007, 12:18 PM
i first wanted to vote "uncool" because imo this car isn't "cool" by my definitions. but then i had to consider a few things and i made up my mind.

the C6 Z06 is cool for what it is, many other users have already made fine lists with all it's abilities so i am not going to dwell on that.

it could never be SZ for me. that place would be reserved for the C6 R. but then again that model isn't a roadgoing car :)

79TA
03-16-2007, 02:35 AM
Cool, would be SZ if it had a better interior :roll:

perhaps you could redo the interior with the thousands of dollars you saved by not buying a Porsche :P

HeilSvenska
03-16-2007, 02:36 AM
Cool, would be SZ if it had a better interior :roll:

perhaps you could redo the interior with the thousands of dollars you saved by not buying a Porsche :P

LOL. 8)

Sub Zero. It IS the cheapest car derived from the GT class.

r2r
03-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Cool, the performance is there but the looks fall short.

Erez
03-16-2007, 09:36 AM
cool

ViperASR
03-16-2007, 05:12 PM
RC and Everso - :mrgreen: you guys should meet and beat up eachother than it will be peace on JW.
Btw Everso admit you are a bit biased - any BMW or Vette is utter crap for you and every audi is the best car in the world :D I dont have a problem with that its your opinion even if it is biased :wink:

He's not the only one on JW with a blind bias

nthfinity
03-16-2007, 05:30 PM

yeh, people like the McLaren F1 wayyyy to much for some reason :?:

SPEEDKILLAR
03-16-2007, 05:39 PM
^^^I agree with that, but at the end of the day, everybody will have his own preference, for example, I know MB isn't the best out there, but I grew up with it, and they do make some mighty fine cars. Does that makes it better, I've driven a lot of different BMW models out there, and I must say, they are morre exciting to drive. But after a while, I long for the smoothness and comfort of a Benz 8)

gucom
03-16-2007, 05:44 PM

a blind bias would be: american cars suck... liking one car over the other isn't a blind bias, even if the other's a vector :wink: it's just preference

PS there's no such thing as liking a McLaren F1 too much :P

nthfinity
03-16-2007, 05:58 PM

a blind bias would be: american cars suck... liking one car over the other isn't a blind bias, even if the other's a vector :wink: it's just preference

PS there's no such thing as liking a McLaren F1 too much :P

is it bias when you have the facts?

design is subjective, performance isn't. the W8 is every bit as fast in a straight line, and much quicker through the corners. The vector is designed, and sold to be relatively maintainence free, and had just as much technical innovation as the F1, if not more.

bias doesn't exist in the field of scientific ideas, neither does consensus :P I can understand not liking the gearbox in the Vector... but nobody has needed to replace one, or the clutch packs, or helical gear etc. etc. ;)

a wiper blade isn't $5,000.00 to replace... in fact, its quite cheap on the W8.... but the performance is remarkably similar. with ingres and egress being much easier in the W8 (for the driver anyway vs. a F1)

haha

sorry to hijack the thread, Z06 is great, but not sub Zero IMHO... interesting the results are, very interesting [/yodaspeak]

gucom
03-16-2007, 06:13 PM
why do people like a car? liking is by definition an emotion which is by definition subjective. I've always just adored the F1, yes also for its performance and technical innovations, but also for its ideas, its looks, its race performance (probably 1 of the cars that was closest to its roadgoing sibling ever to win Le Mans) , and just the feeling it gives me - pretty subjective indeed. that's not bias is it?

ViperASR
03-16-2007, 10:23 PM
I voted cool for the Z06. Its one helluva car, fast as hell, and relativly cheap. However, for a car to be subzero it needs to give you chills everytime you see it, and the Z06 just dosnt do that for me. :bah:

79TA
03-22-2007, 04:34 PM
I voted cool for the Z06. Its one helluva car, fast as hell, and relativly cheap. However, for a car to be subzero it needs to give you chills everytime you see it, and the Z06 just dosnt do that for me. :bah:

I still get goosebumps when I see one in person.

Mattk
03-23-2007, 06:54 AM
design is subjective, performance isn't.

I agree, but the cool wall is all about design and looks. Maybe sound as well.

Z3uS
04-21-2007, 09:57 PM
It's very cool, but not subzero. :P

frozzu
04-22-2007, 01:21 AM
First american car that handles. It has to be cool. Good looks and "affordable" price tag.

patond
07-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Ok, back to the car, 200mph, sub 4 sec 0-60. Handles with the best, at a price that people can actually afford. It's sub-zero. The Best Vette yet. 50 year old balding white men are actually scared of it too, so I want it more. I'm sick of blue c6 automatic convertables, a real driver buys a Z06.