chest3r
03-01-2007, 03:54 PM
- Mid-engined to compete with the Boxster and Cayman
- 1200kg
- 40,000 euros plus taxes
- basic engine: 4 cil , 2.0 TFSi 200-280bhp
- top engine: V6 350bhp
- FWD and 4WD with the most powerfull engines

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/20/33abec98b0d45ff8bdfdf9cqf1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://www.leftlanenews.com/report-audi-planning-r4-to-compete-with-cayman-boxster.html

In german: http://www.autobild.de/erlkoenige/neuheiten/artikel.php?artikel_id=12575

chest3r
03-01-2007, 04:29 PM
I don't really understand the point of this car. It's just a lighter Audi TT with the engine in the center. It might be a better sports car than the TT but it will never be as good as the Boxster or the Cayman.

I don't remember any mid-engined car with FWD. If they want a good sports car they have to build a RWD platform, but I guess they'll never do that.

Stoopie
03-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Since when is Audi going on the semi-supercar tour, I thought the R8 was enough! :?

rave426
03-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Can we PLEASE get a RWD Audi. My goddness!! You know how many ppl would opt for a RWD RS4 over an M3 or a RWD RS6 over an M5. Got dammit Audi !!

That had nothing to do with the topic :|

dutchmasterflex
03-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Hahaha.. Mid Engined Front Wheel Drive..

ae86_16v
03-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Hahaha.. Mid Engined Front Wheel Drive..

:lol:

TopGearNL
03-01-2007, 06:33 PM
This is BS!

They already have the TT in this class so why make another one :?

And besides its fugly!

Z3uS
03-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Probably BS, but it looks good!

Firdosh7747
03-02-2007, 04:54 PM
And besides its fugly!

ru kidden ! that car looks great

RC45
03-02-2007, 05:23 PM
- Mid-engined to compete with the Boxster and Cayman
- 1200kg
- 40,000 euros plus taxes
- basic engine: 4 cil , 2.0 TFSi 200-280bhp
- top engine: V6 350bhp
- FWD and 4WD with the most powerfull engines

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/20/33abec98b0d45ff8bdfdf9cqf1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://www.leftlanenews.com/report-audi-planning-r4-to-compete-with-cayman-boxster.html

In german: http://www.autobild.de/erlkoenige/neuheiten/artikel.php?artikel_id=12575

Another chick car from Audi?

Max Power
03-02-2007, 05:31 PM
^only is u considere a tt a chik car

RC45
03-02-2007, 05:32 PM
^ and that it is - a chick car ;)

PaulGT2164
03-02-2007, 05:43 PM
i always liked tts.....but then again i like miatas

but then again im smart enough to respect a car for what it is, not what its majoy buyer is.

martin100
03-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Never heard of it before, and on the German Autobild homepage they say that Audi is just thinking about maby building one. It would be pointless IMO since it´s not a big difference to the TT.

r2r
03-02-2007, 06:01 PM
there is however a Lamborghini edition of the TT in the works ;)

HOW'S THAT for news??! :mrgreen:

I call an overspread false rumor on this one.

I don't have a problem with a TT, but

I would be very pissed off if Audi puts a Lamborghini name on the car!

As for the R4, if they do make it, and make it right, with agressive looks and performance, I see a success for Audi on this one.

r2r
03-02-2007, 06:50 PM
^^ I have no problem seeing a Lamborghini engine in an S6, and others. (I actually kind of like it)

I guess my problem would be seeing a Lamborghini name stuck on the side or back of the TT or others, as I think that would be overusing the name.

TopGearNL
03-02-2007, 07:13 PM
^^ Certainly true, what is an Audi should stay an Audi :wink:

TopGearNL
03-02-2007, 08:21 PM
^^^^then the Gallardo should be rebadged as an Audi ;)

No I meant that they should either put Audi or Lamborghini on it, not both :wink:

RC45
03-02-2007, 09:00 PM

.....says the man with trailer trash poster car!

Still doesnt change the fact that the TT was voted most likely to get you a faggot date by the Gay Car magazine.

TopGearNL
03-02-2007, 09:03 PM
^^ :lol:

RC45
03-02-2007, 10:34 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that the TT was voted most likely to get you a faggot date by the Gay Car magazine.

still doesn't change the fact that no one gives 2 pisses for your cheaply built pile of shit penispumpmobile for old people...with no hope :mrgreen:

iUnlike you - I never got the automobile to primp and pose brag - sort of like your "station" in life... you sadly despise anyone not from your station and class... I got the automobile for pure enjoyment.

Thats the difference between us self assured folks - and you posers.

Oh - and it still doesn't change the fact that even a well driven TT on a road course is nothing but a moving chicane for every other car out there. BTW, does it still scare you when diesel busses honk and pull out to pass you on the turnpike?

RC45
03-02-2007, 11:10 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that the TT was voted most likely to get you a faggot date by the Gay Car magazine.

still doesn't change the fact that no one gives 2 pisses for your cheaply built pile of shit penispumpmobile for old people...with no hope :mrgreen:

iUnlike you - I never got the automobile to primp and pose brag - sort of like your "station" in life... you sadly despise anyone not from your station and class... I got the automobile for pure enjoyment.

Thats the difference between us self assured folks - and you posers.

Oh - and it still doesn't change the fact that even a well driven TT on a road course is nothing but a moving chicane for every other car out there. BTW, does it still scare you when diesel busses honk and pull out to pass you on the turnpike?

you dumb asshat.

Is that medical term - or did you think of it while playing that godawful trash you call music?

I have played your "music" for a few people - and to a T they pretty much vomitted on the spot.

unlike YOU, i never claim my car to be the fastest, greatest, and most astonishing car in the world.

Neither did I - why would I? I have been in and around the greatest cars int he world.. dirven some, been passnager in others and spoken to the drivers of the rest.
Nice try though - total bullshit, but nice try. ;)

i have no problems holding my own on the road, i've got more grip than your pile of shitmetal....

Name the place and time - I'll even give you a 5 second head start. Oh - and I mean road coarse, not pylon-parking-lot.

and i'm glad i have enough self worth to praise other great cars, other people's opinions, and other qualities for what their worth.

Really? One would not guess from your previous response - all you have ever done is brag about your superior class and position in society and your wealth and station in life.

unlike you, who is classless, presents NOTHING to this forum or to any discussion, and drives a piece of shit penis pump which i wouldn't drive even if it was given to me free....no joke. i have ziploc bags with better plastic inside...

See above claim where you say you are "a better person" ;)

you just started track racing eh? i've been there dozens of times...and would run circles around your amateur video game racing geezer pony.

Again - name the time and place ;)

so go back to your lame racing seat-video game life you live....

Ah - again with the "I am a better person than you and am from a spoiled class" attack ;)

i enjoy myself in the greatest city in the USA....driving through downtown and living the life. what do you do? LOL

The greatest city in the USA? Wow - the way you seem to hate the USA, I am surprised you havent gone back to the 3rd world shithole you and your family came from - oh yeah- that's right - youare the wealthy class ;)

as always....
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e311/lizzy6borden/MIDDLE-FINGER-CLICK.jpg
That's the best you can come up with?

acmarttin
03-02-2007, 11:49 PM
I like everso's music.

Schwalbe
03-03-2007, 12:05 AM
as always....

^^^^^No, I think we have better here. :wink:

http://www.hiros.com/hotwheels/image/dscn1466s.jpg

nthfinity
03-03-2007, 12:21 AM
as always....

oh no, not another in on this 'action' :|

RC45
03-03-2007, 12:42 AM
The greatest city in the USA? Wow - the way you seem to hate the USA, I am surprised you havent gone back to the 3rd world shithole you and your family came from - oh yeah- that's right - youare the wealthy class ;)

confirming what we all know, that you're a redneck RACIST piece of shit.

i feel bad for you. if i ever see ya lying in a slum on the street...i'll flick a penny at your head.

Se - now that's almost funny... but you need to get it right...

It should read "If I every saw you laying there with your teeth on fire, I wouldn't even take the time to piss in your mouth."

taygunho
03-03-2007, 07:04 AM
I don't think Audi will build car like this. They have a smillar car called TT a.k.a "chick car". And If they will build this car I still prefer cayman z4 or mx-5 CC than this.

Z3uS
03-03-2007, 05:10 PM
as always....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RC45
03-03-2007, 05:18 PM

confirming what we all know, that you're a redneck RACIST piece of shit.

i feel bad for you. if i ever see ya lying in a slum on the street...i'll flick a penny at your head.

Se - now that's almost funny... but you need to get it right...

It should read "If I every saw you laying there with your teeth on fire, I wouldn't even take the time to piss in your mouth."

you and your gay pissing fantasies.....oh well, none of my business...

johnny cash would spit on your pathetic apartheid loving racist self..
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/ballchops/1147376380_middle_finger.jpg

Nice - so the best a so-called educated upper class wealthy-family arranged-marriage opportunistic immigrant can manage is to swear and pathetically attempt to insult another?

Sadly I hear you even bad mouth and back stab people you have actually met - so it is in keeping with your true nature.

so_innocent
03-04-2007, 02:07 AM
Don't see the point of this car at all! How does it differ from Audi TT much? And quite frankly it's unlikely to look better than TT, so no one will choose it over a TT. And people who wants to enjoy driving and love driving wouldn't buy it either, 4wd, FWD doesn't bode well with great drivers car. They would've gone for Cayman S/Z4 coupe/M3 if they have money, or 350Z if they have less money

acmarttin
03-04-2007, 02:25 AM
Don't see the point of this car at all! How does it differ from Audi TT much? And quite frankly it's unlikely to look better than TT, so no one will choose it over a TT. And people who wants to enjoy driving and love driving wouldn't buy it either, 4wd, FWD doesn't bode well with great drivers car. They would've gone for Cayman S/Z4 coupe/M3 if they have money, or 350Z if they have less money

And then so_innocent snaps us back on topic, lol.

And I agree with you.

Except there's a few cars I had figured nobody would buy and I see them all the time.

Mattk
03-04-2007, 02:52 AM
As a business decision, why not? It could be a poor man's R8. However, the specs don't really add up. There are better options out there.

blue8
06-29-2007, 10:22 AM
CAR Magazine:

Audi to take on Porsche? Surely not...
Yes, Porsche and Audi have struck a deal which will see them join forces to jointly develop the R4 – Audi’s entry-level sports coupe and roadster – and the next generation Boxster/Cayman. Audi’s plan is to have a four-strong line-up of R-cars: an R10 super coupe, based on the Le Mans winning diesel-powered racer, the next generation R8, complete with roadster version, an R6 to sit between the Porsche 911 and Boxster and then the entry-level R4, a mid-engined two-seater strategically aimed at the £28-35,000 price bracket.

The obvious sister model of the R4 is the next-generation Boxster/Cayman known internally as project 981/C8. Due in 2011, the MkII roadster and coupé will of course be rear wheel drive and fitted with six-cylinder boxer engines, a stark mechanical contrast to the proposed Audi spin-off, which would be run forced induction four and five cylinder engines through an advanced low-friction quattro four-wheel drive with torque vectoring.

So the R4 will get boxer engines and the Boxster will get quattro all-wheel drive?
Not quite. Hooking up with Porsche has some key advantages for both parties. Apart from sharing the huge development costs, Porsche gets its hands on Audi’s aluminium spaceframe bodies, powerful diesel engines, lightweight low-friction four-wheel drive with torque vectoring and dual-clutch transmissions for almost all torque classes. Audi in return gets to tap deep into Porsche’s first class engineering base and its peerless financial ability that constantly puts it at the top of the profitability tree.

Our sources indicate that Audi has earmarked the 300bhp turbocharged four-pot – as seen in the TT Clubsport Concept (above) – and the blown 350bhp 2.5-litre five-cylinder unit (currently being prepped for the hot SR version of the TT) for the R4. Although Porsche could adapt the new four-wheel drive system which is being developed for the 997 replacement – codenamed 991 – for the next Boxster/Cayman, it’s unlikely given the associated weight penalty of the drivetrain. But Audi will want to play its quattro trump card, so expect its engineers to heavily modify the 991’s all-paw layout for the R4.

Are we talking identical twins here?
Far from it. Basic chassis architecture aside, the two cars will also share a second-generation dual-clutch transmission, all the latest driver assistance systems plus night vision, a head-up display, brake energy recuperation and trick suspension set-ups with MagnaRide from Audi, and PDC from Porsche.

Don't worry though, the Boxster and R4 won't look the same. With its rear-wheel drive layout and aluminium doors and roof, the Boxster/Cayman will be lighter than the R4 coupe and roadster, with associated ride, handling and economy advantages. And with Michael Mauer at Porsche and Wolfgang Egger at Audi – two of the most ambitious young designers in the industry – going head to head to prove their worth, expect both cars to be distinctly different in appearance.

A marriage made in automotive heaven, then?
It all sounds like the perfect match, but yes, there are some major political obstacles to negotiate first. Timing is still a major bone of contention – Porsche has its plate full until 2012 when the next Cayman rolls off the line. But Audi wants to launch its R4 as soon as 2010 – one year after the Panamera, one year before the new 911 and on a collision course with the follow-up to the Cayenne, not to mention the Cayman facelift.

As a result, the whole issue is fast becoming quite political, and the fact that there are simultaneously about a dozen other promising cooperation projects under evaluation does not necessarily help the case. But the general direction is pretty clear. In a nutshell, Porsche will – as the new master of the house – make sure that neither Audi, Lamborghini nor Bugatti does anything to threaten its unrivalled 16 percent profit margin.

So who is calling the shots here?
There’s no doubt that the three key players in this deal – Ferdinand Piech, Wendelin Wiedeking and Martin Winterkorn – will face one challenge after the other as they tread the line between optimum market coverage and minimum cannibalisation in coordinating the future model mix of Porsche and Audi (not to mention Lamborghini, Bugatti and Bentley), trying to stay true to the brands and to stagger the offerings in a way that is complementary within the group and aggressive in relation to the competition.

If they get this right the rewards will be huge – the perfect incentive to work together again on the next tie-up between the Q5, Audi’s mid-sized sports utility, and Porsche’s proposed Cayenne-lite that will sit below the current Cayenne (above). Log on next week for exclusive details of this project...

-- 4 R-cars sounds great!!! :shock: Audi is really pulling out all the stops to shed its 'unsporty' image -- good for them! Time to put MB AMG out in the running :P (off-topic: the ill-conceived R63 AMG is going out of production)

pitfield
06-29-2007, 12:40 PM
There's no way the R4 will have a flat 6 engine. It'll be a turbo 4 or the 3.6 V6 from the CAYENNE and Passat R36

blue8
06-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Another PS:
http://www.autogespot.com/log/images/04-2007/r4/1.jpg

saadie
06-30-2007, 01:49 AM
they should just call the TT .. the R4 .. :\

bmwdriver
07-05-2007, 06:47 PM
sometimes I ask myself, why there are too many similar models on the market, each brand makes all kind of model :roll:
on the other side, why not get more Cayman clients on their side :wink: