PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear - S9 EP6 - 4th March, 2007 - Discussion

vexor
02-23-2007, 12:46 AM
This week they build their own stretch limos out of the most improbable cars and then use them to take some top celebrities to the Brit Awards. Meanwhile, a good ol' boy Ford Mustang whoops around the test track and Billie Piper is the star in a reasonably priced car.

Limo feature should be funny, as for the mustang, i'm not much of an American Muscle guy so anyone have any thoughts on what type it is?

ViperASR
02-23-2007, 12:50 AM
I woner what Mustang is going around the track? Perhaps the GT500? The limos should be interesting and funny.

Caplax40
02-23-2007, 01:12 AM
I assume the Mustang will be the GT500. Can't think of anything that would be worth having on.

chest3r
02-23-2007, 11:26 AM
^^ I agree with you dani. Where are the sports cars test we all have been waiting for ?? 599 GTB, GT3 RS, GT3, etc. I just hope this season will continue :roll:

PATo355
02-23-2007, 12:57 PM
I want more cars too ... like episode 4 , 2 great cars tested plus a feature , cant get better than that :)

vexor
02-23-2007, 01:14 PM
More cars would be awseme but if it was just that then they wouldn't have 7.4 million viewers every sunday night in the UK alone.

Anyway, just heard a rumor that this may be the last episode in this season.

martin100
02-24-2007, 01:27 PM
What? Already the last episode in the season :shock: I hope you´re wrong! Anyway sounds like a funny episode with the self-buils limos and Clarkson will surely make fun about how bad the Mustang handles :lol:

TopGearNL
02-24-2007, 01:52 PM
What? Already the last episode in the season :shock: I hope you´re wrong! Anyway sounds like a funny episode with the self-buils limos and Clarkson will surely make fun about how bad the Mustang handles :lol:

Me too, I certainly hope not! :shock:

Anyway it sounds pretty cool!

vexor
02-24-2007, 04:22 PM

well, we'll find out by monday or tuesday if this is the last episode or not.

i'm also hoping that i'm wrong, lol

r2r
02-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Anyway, I prefer more car-related stuff. Lately, they're doing too many funny features that have so little of cars and so much of pointless funny shit. It's not that I don't like them... but the funny features like the Porsche or the supercar challenges, or the staged races were hilarious, and still... related with cars. The Relliant Robin Space Shuttle, despite being hilarious... was not related with cars in any way.

Completely agree!

I guess Top Gear is another example of how nothing good lasts forever.

dylan99
02-26-2007, 09:03 AM
They havent even raced the 911 turbo on the track, did they?

martin100
02-26-2007, 04:15 PM
^ No they didn´t. That was the most anoying thing from last weeks ep!

martin100
02-26-2007, 06:14 PM
I´ve just heard from elsewhere that it WILL be the last show of the series :cry:

TopGearNL
02-26-2007, 06:53 PM
I´ve just heard from elsewhere that it WILL be the last show of the series :cry:

Noooo :(

vexor
02-26-2007, 07:08 PM

yep, I too can confirm that (unfortunately) the show no longer appears on the online tv guide.

However there may be some good news (rumor again), one, they may be going back to "regular" schedual which means that they may be back in May or June and then again in the fall (late Oct/Nov) Or the second possibility is that they'll only be back in the Fall.

chest3r
02-26-2007, 07:14 PM
And what about the Lotus Europa that showed up in the preview ?!?

In the last season, the M6 showed up in the preview and I think they never aired that. It was either the M6 or the 159, I can't really remember :roll:

TopGearNL
02-26-2007, 07:16 PM
/\/\ M6 was reviewed on Isle of man, so must be the 159..

racingfreak
02-28-2007, 07:40 AM
What happened to the good ol 10 episode seasons???

martin100
02-28-2007, 02:57 PM
^ No i recall they also showed the M6 driving in the countryside although they had already reviewed in on the Isle of Man in an epic feature from an even greater series 7.
I really hope they´ll be back in May already :twisted:

martin100
02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
More detailed info:

Top Gear has never been very good at showbiz glamour. After all, this is the show that booked Lionel Richie and then made him drive a Suzuki Liana until one of its wheels fell off. However, that's all about to change this week as our presenters have a go at building their own stretch limos.

When we drove the new Ford Mustang a few series ago, we didn't like it much. But now that the boys from Shelby have given it the once over, it's time for another look.

Also, Dr Who actress and star of West End play Treats, Billie Piper, will be joining us for a chat and a few laps of the track.

Doesn´t sound as good as last episode esp. because they only got a Mustand instead of a car :wink:

TopGearNL
02-28-2007, 03:18 PM
^ No i recall they also showed the M6 driving in the countryside although they had already reviewed in on the Isle of Man in an epic feature from an even greater series 7.

Mm I see..

Now lets hope indeed they are back in May! 8)

TopGearNL
02-28-2007, 05:13 PM

I think that was the BMW 650 from the JAguar XK review.

No, it was the M6 v the Aston V8 Vantage v the Porsche 997 Carrera at the Isle of Man :wink:

Jep your right, the other test was on Pendine Sands, featured Jaguar XK-R (old) vs Porsche 996 Carrera vs BMW 645i :wink:

blue8
03-02-2007, 02:18 PM
From the TG Website:
Tearful acceptance speeches, backstage fights and the occasional 'wardrobe malfunction'... yes, the awards season is definitely upon us.

And what better way to celebrate than by building three stretch limos from everyday cars? In the last episode of this series, Richard, Jeremy and James set out to provide a classier alternative to the drug dealer-ferrying, chav-infested stretchers currently on the market.

After resolving a few minor handling issues - and shooting James in the testicles - the boys head to the Brit Awards to hold up traffic and irritate celebrities.

Check out our gallery of behind-the-scenes images

Mustang Savvy...

The Ford Mustang has been a modifiers' favourite since its introduction 42 years ago. And no one does that modifying better than Shelby.

America's most famous tuner has just released a 500bhp of the new Mustang. Given our documented love of all things Stateside, it seemed like a good excuse to crank up the Springsteen and take to the track for some serious tyre-burning action and a gratuitous history lesson on American muscle.

Because she wants to...

She's used to snuggling down with David Tennant in the Tardis, so squeezing next to the Stig in Our Reasonably Priced Car was no problem for Billie Piper.

The star of Doctor Who and former Mrs Chris Evans puts in a few laps in our Chevrolet Lacetti and discusses beer bellies and teen fame with Jeremy.

And now for the news...

In the news this week: Richard meets Tony Blair and completely fails to punch him, Jeremy gets very excited about the replacement for the Vauxhall Monaro, and James does his best to defend the soporific Audi R8.

The last episode in the current series of Top Gear airs this Sunday at 8pm on BBC Two.

-- This will be the last episode?!? How can 6 episodes even be called a season? I'm somewhat disappointed :?

martin100
03-02-2007, 06:09 PM
^ If you had written the posts above you would know that it´s the last episode dude :? We are all not very happy about that but hope it will be back in May already.

TopGearNL
03-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Mm episode sounds allright to me..

Can't still believe its the last episode allready, hope they come back soon because I don't want to come too addicted to 5th gear :wink:

obdr
03-02-2007, 08:37 PM
what about the Ferrari 599 ?!?!?

What about the Porsche GT3?!?!?!

What about the new Audi A5?!? What about that V-10 Audi?!?!?

What about the Civic Type R ?!?!!?

bloody hell

martin100
03-03-2007, 01:12 PM
what about the Ferrari 599 ?!?!?

What about the Porsche GT3?!?!?!

What about the new Audi A5?!? What about that V-10 Audi?!?!?

What about the Civic Type R ?!?!!?

bloody hell

Why do you think they already have the A5 yet? It has just been revealed a week ago :? And what V10 Audi do you mean? The only V10 are the S6 and S8 if i´m not wrong. They also already talked about the GT3-RS and put it on the cool-wall so i don´t think they´ll review the standard GT3 or the GT3-RS either. But yes, i don´t know why they didn´t review the 599 either. Clarkson has already reviewed it for Times Online though. It would be a nice car for another car vs something race maby in the next series.

TopGearNL
03-03-2007, 01:21 PM
^^ Well lets hope the next season will be mindblowing! :D

PATo355
03-03-2007, 02:03 PM
fuck top gear ... now i need to see 5th gear for crappy but proper car reviews ... at least they show all the supercars :?

blue8
03-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah it's disappointing that they haven't reviewed the 599... yet (could be next season). I haven't really caught any full episodes of this season since it's not available here but I very much enjoyed the feature on the Veyron top speed, the 911 Turbo and my favorite the LP640 (everything was just perfect, from the car down to the editing, plus the impressive lap time :twisted: )

vexor
03-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Discuss the episode here if you've seen it.

shame that's it's the last one in the series.

TopGearNL
03-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Enough of the challenges please, more reviews! The limo challenge was still funny though!

The Mustang review brought memories to JCs vid in america, same conclusion so why couldn't they have picked a different car, GT3, 599 civic Type-R??

Overall not the best of the series to be honest!

And in the end it said TG will be back in the ''frikkin'' Summer! :shock: :x :(

Jabba
03-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Soon a series will be just two episodes at this rate. Does anyone think more shows were sacrificed to fund the reliant robin space shuttle feature ??

Max Power
03-04-2007, 05:40 PM
^more likely they ran into scheduling problems after hammond crash...although does bbc2 have anything besides tg that's worth watching?

Jabba
03-04-2007, 05:42 PM
The conspiracy shows after TG can be good sometimes. Maybe they should look into whether there was a conspiracy to finish TG after just 6 shows :P

Jabba
03-04-2007, 06:02 PM
First feature is up btw :P

SPEEDCORE
03-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Soon a series will be just two episodes at this rate. Does anyone think more shows were sacrificed to fund the reliant robin space shuttle feature ??
Could be!! tho last season was 8 and b4 that was 7.

I think thinking more to do from the show going from 45mins to 60mins( format.

Agreed they been doing too many challenges and not enough reviews.

This episode was very funny tho!! The Limos just classic!!

Was hoping they would take the VXR8 on the track but I heard they just shipped the car into the country and werent willing to sacrifce it too them(well its only a commodore i dont see the big deal :P ) From local reports its not as "fun" to drive soo alot of local fanbois were waiting for this episode to see what they thought....

Ashame they didnt get a 599GTB now we have to wait till the summer to see if it is quicker than the LP640.

coolscarz
03-05-2007, 03:24 PM
That was a funny epesode

ferrari550
03-05-2007, 03:36 PM
I agree that the reliat robin feature cost an insane amount of money, but i think they only have 6 episodes this season because that is all that was filmed before hammonds crash. i can see the summer season to be much longer.

pagani
03-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Damm jamelia is shit shot she looks uber sexy in that trenchcoat.
The rest of the limo feature was funny as hell.
Love the mustang feature.
:D :drool: :drool:

twboy1999
03-05-2007, 05:29 PM
this is probably the funniest episode i have seen

jeremy's long ass limo is just too funny

shelby gt500,, as i expect,, poor at handling, and guess what.. someone spent $500000 u.s. at barret jackson for the first production car.. he must feel like a dumbass after he bought it. +3% of $500000 for the commission to barret jackson

so sad the series has ended