PDA

View Full Version : Real pics of the Corvette SS/Blue Devil

ViperASR
02-22-2007, 03:24 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/21/dude-that-takes-stones-pics-of-the-corvette-ss-blue-devil

well here we go again. These do look alot more realistic then the others, so perhaps it is true. :|

Because RC is, well RC, I took the pictures down, its not worth fighting him about something that will never happen. I forgot that RC was an expert lawyer... Being that there is nothing illegal about posting pictures of a freakin car, but obviously RC is right and I and my law student friends are wrong, I am removing the pictures. I'm taking a few others advices and just doing what RC says as to avoid dealing with his stuff for the rest of my life. Mostly, I just dont want to get Jabba into any sort of trouble or have him put on GMs radar, as I have nothing but respect for him and his forum.

HOLY SCHNIKES!

Here are millions of dollars of development and thousands of hours of work laid bare for us to ogle. This Corvette caught by Fast-Autos.net forum member, Chikara83, definitely has some trick bits on it and apparently it's the real deal. There's a liquid/liquid intercooler perched atop the V8, and where the alternator used to be sits a supercharger. We can't tell what type of huffer it is, though -- positive displacement Roots-type or centrifugal.

The hood and front quarters are wearing camouflage to cover changes in those panels. The low-pressure area behind the front wheels makes the perfect location for extractors, which are likely fed by the high pressure area at the base of the windshield. Together they provide a good path through the engine bay for extra cooling air. That's a nice, tidy explanation for why the camo is where it is, too, so we're going with it. There's also a vent in the leading edge of the rear quarter panel, which we presume is for rear brake cooling. The burning question that everyone wants to know has finally been answered: the interior (of the mule, at least) is still kinda cheap. We are gonna be so embarassed if this is Winding Road messing with us again.

Many thanks to tipster Chris.

[Source: Fast-Autos.net]

TopGearNL
02-22-2007, 03:27 PM
Not much to see, lets hope the end product looks astonishing! :D

nthfinity
02-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Why the hell doesn't anybody post this stuff in the American forum? :roll:

ViperASR
02-22-2007, 04:37 PM

beacuse in under the title of "Breakin News" it says "Spy Shots" :wink:

nthfinity
02-22-2007, 04:59 PM

beacuse in under the title of "Breakin News" it says "Spy Shots" :wink:

yet Ferrari news is posted in the ferrari section, porsche news is posted in the porsche section, lamborghini news in the lamborghini section.

Sorry, but I have the news sections in the american forum, and spyshots is news/rumors/etc. :?

RC45
02-22-2007, 05:19 PM
meh...another lame corvette with a shit interior. :lol:

Please - seriously shut up your trolling :roll: - you have proven to the world you are a loser prick - no just move on - please.

Jabba/TT please move this thread to the appropriate spot under the US cars seciton.

Thanks.

Minacious
02-22-2007, 06:02 PM

Everso says while lifting his skirt to sit in that cute little Audi. :wink:

TopGearNL
02-22-2007, 07:03 PM

Everso says while lifting his skirt to sit in that cute little Audi. :wink:

ROFL!

RC45
02-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Please - seriously shut up your trolling :roll: - you have proven to the world you are a loser prick - no just move on - please.

just because i think the corvette is lame? it's trolling?

Think its lame all you want.. just shut up already.

Dear Adolf Stalin 45,

i'm just expressing myself. i have every right to...the same way you vomit your idiotic ideas on here every single day...and get laughed at by 95% of this forum.
You have no 'rights' its a private forum - you have privilege to post - period.

Notice how you never directly address your spineless cowardice.

ViperASR
02-22-2007, 07:15 PM
UPDATE: Images removed at request of General Motors

:roflmao: :roflmao: ROFL :roflmao: :roflmao:

I wonder if that means they were real? At least we still have most of the thumbs here.

number77
02-22-2007, 07:31 PM
I guess no one reads my threads.
http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47640

ViperASR
02-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Oh man, this keeps getting better!

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/22/shipping-company-employee-carted-off-to-jail-for-corvette-ss-pic/

We've just learned that EMO TRANS, the shipping company that was hired by General Motors to transport a Corvette SS mule to Germany for testing on the Nurburgring, has fired the employee who took pictures of the vehicle and posted them on the internet. In addition, the unnamed employee has been taken to jail, though we don't know what charges have been filed against him. For our part, we've removed the pics from Autoblog for fear of GM's wrath. The automaker has been reportedly approaching various sites all day requesting the images be removed, so rather than waiting for the phone to ring we've gone ahead and taken them down.

This clearly illustrates how seriously GM is taking the development of the Corvette SS, as well as how utterly embarrased and apologetic EMO TRANS must be for the actions of its employee. It's all fun and games on our side of the fence because we got to see some real, informative shots of this very special Vette, but it reminds us that there's a lot of money on the line. We're sure that GM didn't appreciate pics of this powerplant were available for every other automaker to peruse. Lesson learned, though harder for some than others.

We'll keep you updates as more concrete and verifiable info becomes available.

Guess it was real :D

RC45
02-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Oh man, this keeps getting better!

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/22/shipping-company-employee-carted-off-to-jail-for-corvette-ss-pic/

We've just learned that EMO TRANS, the shipping company that was hired by General Motors to transport a Corvette SS mule to Germany for testing on the Nurburgring, has fired the employee who took pictures of the vehicle and posted them on the internet. In addition, the unnamed employee has been taken to jail, though we don't know what charges have been filed against him. For our part, we've removed the pics from Autoblog for fear of GM's wrath. The automaker has been reportedly approaching various sites all day requesting the images be removed, so rather than waiting for the phone to ring we've gone ahead and taken them down.

This clearly illustrates how seriously GM is taking the development of the Corvette SS, as well as how utterly embarrased and apologetic EMO TRANS must be for the actions of its employee. It's all fun and games on our side of the fence because we got to see some real, informative shots of this very special Vette, but it reminds us that there's a lot of money on the line. We're sure that GM didn't appreciate pics of this powerplant were available for every other automaker to peruse. Lesson learned, though harder for some than others.

We'll keep you updates as more concrete and verifiable info becomes available.

Guess it was real :D

Now you may understand why I feel the way I do about everso - he leaked the GM pics of the C6 Z06 then stood back while I had to fend off GM and their goonsquad... and i did nothing wrong... and didn't turn him over and never got so much as an aknowledgemtn of thanks for saving his career.

Some how I should imagine ex-con medical interns find it hard to get hired.

This guy actually took images and posted them and now may be in jail.

The bottomline - don't fuck with GM - I luckily have some friends in influential spots that helped me keep head above water... this guy may be in for a world of hurt if the shipping company signed a non-disclosure that included all their employees.

Max Power
02-22-2007, 08:55 PM
^^
yah the pics are down...do u mind putting them up again :P :wink:

RC45
02-22-2007, 09:17 PM
^^

Sure.. should I include a GM forwarding address in the link? ;) :P

ViperASR
02-22-2007, 09:42 PM
^^

tis not illegal to share them. I did not sign a contract with GM to keep the new Corvette secret :wink:

RC45
02-22-2007, 10:24 PM
^^

tis not illegal to share them. I did not sign a contract with GM to keep the new Corvette secret :wink:

hehe - the issue is you have to prove they have no claim with their cease and desist, and that is the part that can get very sticky and expensive ;) -- even if youwin its you that ahs to take on GM not the other way round :)

ae86_16v
02-22-2007, 11:35 PM
^ Damn GM is real serious about that shit. These guys are just as bad as Apple suing Rumor sites about future products.

What about people taking pictures at/on the side of the track? I mean there will be a bunch of people on the side of the N-Ring.

Minacious
02-23-2007, 01:02 PM
meh..hardly cute...still gets more attention than mullet vettes and mad fun around twisty roads in SNOW and dry ;)

I don’t doubt they are fun to drive (with a little help). That doesn’t discount the fact that everything about them screams cute (the new ones have a more masculine stance though). The same way you can use the stereotype that the Vette is only driven my mullet wearing individuals, I can use the stereotype that only women belong in the TT and that is what is expected to get out of them. I am simply giving you a taste of your own medicine.

graywolf624
02-23-2007, 02:47 PM
What about people taking pictures at/on the side of the track? I mean there will be a bunch of people on the side of the N-Ring.
The mags cant post it cause theyd quit getting fed the best pics if they did.
The people transpoting the item have to sign confidentiallity with gm.. and would get their ass sued off.. (same with the mags if they sign the docs)

At the end of the day you as a person can get away with it.. They have the right to go after anyone with inside info though..
And no. that guy isnt in jail for leaking pictures.. That would be a civil not a criminal matter.

ITs quite understandable.. Every other manufacturer will be copying and studying within an instant.

SPEEDKILLAR
02-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Would be cool, just wondering how it will handle, the current one is said to be very grippy, but when it goed, it goes.

TopGearNL
02-23-2007, 03:39 PM
GM are Americans, they can and will sue anybody. No offense! :)

I can understand why they are removed..

bmagni
02-23-2007, 04:13 PM
plice report:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2093/02ky9.th.jpg (http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=02ky9.jpg)

TopGearNL
02-23-2007, 05:15 PM
/\/\ Quite serious :shock:

ViperASR
02-23-2007, 05:18 PM
owned 0X
:lol:

http://www.thegmsource.com/index.php?categoryid=9&p2_articleid=252&s=a7df88af1eabd498656cca3484605280

http://www.thegmsource.com/index.php?categoryid=9&p2_articleid=251

It should also be reported that General Motors has not filed charges or a complaint against the accused.
After some investigating, TheGMSource was able to confirm that the person alleged to have leaked the images was in fact not placed under arrest , but that a civil complaint was filed.
We have also learned that EMO Trans is responsible for reporting this to the RPD and that General Motors was not the party to contact the Romulus Police Department.

Gee, guess who was right :wink:

If you didnt see the pictures they are also on that site. And it was not GM that requested the pictures be taken off, it was the guy who took them. It seems to me as that GM didnt care as much as some people think they did. I imagine they rnt happy about it, but I'm sure they understand that they cant have anyone arrested over it, because they did nothing illegal, all they can do is sue the guy that took the pics. I doubt that will happen, as I doubt that the guy has any assets that GM wants or that would make it worth the time and money spent suing the guy. The only people they would probobly sue would be the company that the guy worked for.

RC45
02-23-2007, 06:58 PM
owned 0X
:lol:

http://www.thegmsource.com/index.php?categoryid=9&p2_articleid=252&s=a7df88af1eabd498656cca3484605280

http://www.thegmsource.com/index.php?categoryid=9&p2_articleid=251

It should also be reported that General Motors has not filed charges or a complaint against the accused.
After some investigating, TheGMSource was able to confirm that the person alleged to have leaked the images was in fact not placed under arrest , but that a civil complaint was filed.
We have also learned that EMO Trans is responsible for reporting this to the RPD and that General Motors was not the party to contact the Romulus Police Department.

Gee, guess who was right :wink:

If you didnt see the pictures they are also on that site. And it was not GM that requested the pictures be taken off, it was the guy who took them. It seems to me as that GM didnt care as much as some people think they did. I imagine they rnt happy about it, but I'm sure they understand that they cant have anyone arrested over it, because they did nothing illegal, all they can do is sue the guy that took the pics. I doubt that will happen, as I doubt that the guy has any assets that GM wants or that would make it worth the time and money spent suing the guy. The only people they would probobly sue would be the company that the guy worked for.

I don't think the issue is whether they did something illegal or not, it is whether any contracted entity was party to violating any confidentiality agreement.

The arrest part was questionable all along, but the threat of litigation is not empty - it's not about "collecting assets that GM wants" - it is about breech of contract.

graywolf624
02-23-2007, 07:50 PM
I don't think the issue is whether they did something illegal or not, it is whether any contracted entity was party to violating any confidentiality agreement.

The arrest part was questionable all along, but the threat of litigation is not empty - it's not about "collecting assets that GM wants" - it is about breech of contract.
I concur. Breech of contract equals a civil matter. And for those that argued oh they are americans they sue people.. How would you feel if you invented something new and before you got to launch someone blabed it to your competitors so they could steal your idea and the would be profits. Sorry, but while I think GM went overboard sending goons to RC's house, I certainly agree they do need to take these leaks out back and fire them/sue them when caught.

Its great for us to see the cars.. But remember that other companies are watching.

graywolf624
02-23-2007, 07:54 PM
and when i was growing up, people DID have mullets......big strong ones! LOL.

Alots changed.. both with the car and the people.. You should give one a try.. Once they went to hydroformed rails with the c5s it quick squeaking and squalking and actually became an acceptable mode of transportation. Now adays the zo6s tend to be people between my age and rcs with some disposable income. The base models tend to be retires with too much time/money on their hands. Neither have mullets.

If you want to see mullets come out with me to a T/A, Camaro, or Mustang show. Thats about the last bastion of mulletude and even there they are getting rare.

ViperASR
02-23-2007, 08:44 PM

Yea, but you said that I could get into trouble for posting the pictures.

graywolf624
02-23-2007, 09:26 PM
^No.. He said you may have to fend off gm goons who come visit you to find their leak.. And would threaten a suit..
Though imho its an idle threat as long as your not the leak.

nthfinity
02-23-2007, 09:45 PM
i was born and raised in DETROIT. the hometown of the Corvette...and all american cars for that matter.....we see more Corvettes in 1 week in Detroit than people in Texas or anywhere else see in a year......

it's a car which i got tired of very early in life...and when i was growing up, people DID have mullets......big strong ones! LOL.

i know it's not a mullet only car.....but i have seen some pretty amazing mullets behind the steering wheel of them near Detroit ;)

women do belong in TTs :D

Mullets haven't been driving corvettes for the better part of 15 years... but, it was once true. Business up front, Party in the back! :lol: hahaha

graywolf624
02-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Not to rain on your parade here Gray, but while the C6 Z06 are a great car and Im sure this Z06 will be even better than the previous one, its hardly like what they make are inventing new stuff, we are talking about basic car engineering here.....

What comapnies do you think want to know how GM gets the power they get from that huge engine?
Actually.. Quite a few competitors have been known to steal ideas. In car shows before the shows the competitors always study the competitions cars. It gives them an idea of hsp and other things. Its not just about copying engineering, its also about telling how good of a car your competition is putting out so you can respond sooner. If you don't think Porsche cares how the vette performs to ensure they can compete your naive.
Even ignoring that some of their competitors in the US still use pushrods, take one look at that engine and realize it has some sort of funky fi thing going. It could very well be unique. GM was one of the first to use hydroformed rails for the car. They also were one of the first to use fuel injection on a production car. Theres more innovation there then you give credit.

That being said... Look at the engine picture here. Look at the silver box on top of the engine bay. GM is doing something really unique here.. Im still not even sure what it is.

Despite what you might think, that engine is really sophisticated and produces more power per pound then almost anything else out there. The tech in it is more amazing then you think. There are plenty of companies that would kill to get a look at the latest c5r block or such. Just because its pushrod doesnt mean it isnt very sophisticated.

RC45
02-23-2007, 11:45 PM
That being said... Look at the engine picture here. Look at the silver box on top of the engine bay. GM is doing something really unique here.. Im still not even sure what it is.

Intercooler water jacket maybe?

graywolf624
02-24-2007, 12:00 AM
Directly on top of the engine though? Thats a real odd spot for it?

graywolf624
02-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Of course other comapnies are looking at what the cometitors doe, but I dont think Porsche look at vette and by that think damn we need a big V8 up front and start changing their cars....
Maybe not.. But as I said.. They sure as hell do care about the performance numbers of the vette versus their car.

RC45
02-24-2007, 02:39 PM
You are right tough companies do copy, just as vette did after they saw the Opel GT they made their stingray.... :wink:

This comment might have been funny if Opel weren't a GM subsidiary and the GT not designed after the C3.

See, even the mighty european Opel is nothing other than the euro branch of GM USA.

RC45
02-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Of course other comapnies are looking at what the cometitors doe, but I dont think Porsche look at vette and by that think damn we need a big V8 up front and start changing their cars....
Maybe not.. But as I said.. They sure as hell do care about the performance numbers of the vette versus their car.

they really don't, man......The corvette doesn't threaten Porsche in ANY way...they are different classes of cars for absolutely different buying audiences....and in Europe, the Corvette has minimal presence or influence over anyone.

Thats odd.. this is not what some Porsche insiders have told me and others.

Contrary to what poofta TT drivers think, performance is of primary importance to Porsche.

Their cars must not be slower than anyone elses - ever.

RC45
02-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Directly on top of the engine though? Thats a real odd spot for it?

Pretty innovative if true then.. right ? ;)

graywolf624
02-24-2007, 03:25 PM
they really don't, man......The corvette doesn't threaten Porsche in ANY way...they are different classes of cars for absolutely different buying audiences....and in Europe, the Corvette has minimal presence or influence over anyone.
Regardless of the which is best arguement there are people cross shopping the ZO6 with the 911. You can say its only the US market, but then you have to realize most companies including porsche know if you don't succeed in the US your car will flop. ITs just too much of a big money market. The magazines themselves have alluded to the market overlap. Porsche, unless they are stupid, must consider the comparison. The interior is different on the corvette, but if you don't think their is market overlap there you have another thing comming.

Theres a reason Porsche now sells an SUV. They dont sell their car in a vacuum and even indirect competitors have to be considered.

Pretty innovative if true then.. right
Most definitly.

RC45
02-24-2007, 03:33 PM

Thats odd.. this is not what some Porsche insiders have told me and others.

Contrary to what poofta TT drivers think, performance is of primary importance to Porsche.

Their cars must not be slower than anyone elses - ever.

LOL. you don't know anything about Porsche....

did you know the TT was developed AS a Porsche? no you wouldn't know that...

Thats right - you are the only person on the face of the planet who knows any one.

You are also the onyl person who has any knowledge about various marques.

You are also the only person on the planet who has contacts any where.

You are also a spinelss coward - BTW, how's that arranged marriage working out?

RC45
02-24-2007, 03:59 PM
i can sense PURE JEALOUSY out of you...

Exactly what would anyone need to be jealous of you for?

We all know you come form a line of privilege and wealth - you have this dream that everyone envies you in your class superior life - no need to remind us. You seem to forget so quickly and easily the few back channel conversations we had - during the time you wanted something from me so you opened up a little... poor spoiled socialite :roll:

you old gumpy geezer. Must be tough having a shitty life you need to play video games and making up ideas to get away from...

Oh - so know interests outside your realm of superiority and social standing suddenly mean people are inferior to your status and life style...

Chap - you're a fucking doctor - not a philosopher - what kind of superiority complex is needed to have such a pompous view on life? :roll:

hopefully one day you'll have things to live for....

Nice try again to try elevate yourself "above the commoners" - I mean we know you spent your time with the low-lifes and now retreat to your superior liberal life of privilege - again - you are a doctor not god.

as for my personal life....you aren't worthy to even know what brand toilet paper i use to wipe my ass with...

You don't just use your left hand?

let alone anything more.
So - how is that arranged marriage working out then?

+++++++++++***************++++++++++++

p.s. I ma sure EVERYONE on JW is tired of this open feud you have perpetuated in public.

Does that make you feel good?

When are you going to just STFU and let this go and no longer post your jibes that keep the public feud going?

RC45
02-24-2007, 04:15 PM
i do consider myself FAR superior you in every single way...this is true...then again, i'm sure many people consider themself superior to you.

There you have it folks - this superior being and upper class member of a privileged society has deined to spare a fleeting moment from his superior lifestyle to offer a wave from the ivory tower.

I seem to recall tearful begging emails and messages pleading to not be banned from JW...

That's odd.. a superior being would not need to spend time on a mere pathetic web forum...

my beautiful wedding was not arranged...and was fantastic in every single way

Most arranged wedding are...

......every day is...
Sure it is.... hence the daily visits to this pathetic web forum...

:)

RC45
02-24-2007, 04:30 PM
......every day is...
Sure it is.... hence the daily visits to this pathetic web forum...

people like YOU do make it pathetic....you really do.

Yet you begged and pleaded not to get banned.

Interesting.

95% of people on here are cool and wanna talk about cars.

But you know everything about cars - why would you talk to them at ll?

you are a psychotic, old, and useless cunt

Wow - thats not very dignified language... for a supposedly wealthy socialite.

Old? You are only 8 years younger.. wait - thats right - wealthy socialites never age..

who treats other members badly, has no class or intelligent perception,

Interesting - I guess your superior social status is important to you and you are really proving you come from a social plane on which class is everything - you are either born well or are a peasant.

This would explain the arranged marriage then... keep the money and families interbred... must be a difficult thing for a physician to know they are sharing an ever shrinking gene pool.

and is simply trying to bide time until your life dwindles into uselessness (if it hasn't already)

Wow - not only superior, but judgemental and poison-tongued as well. You really are a "great person".

i still feel extremely sorry for you....if you get 5% of what i have, you'll be a happy man.

til then.......
Finally we get to the bottom of the hatred... you think only "rich people of class" have lives worth living.

In one single sentence you insult every single person on JW - for not having "5% of what you have"...

I guess if you are not wealthy, a doctor, have an arranged marriage and don't come from a superior bloodline, you are nothing..

Interesting outlook on life you suffer from.

Anyway, I am really tired of this exchange - so please.. for the love of God and everything sacred.. just fuck off back to your happy life and stop posting crap in this thread... please.

nthfinity
02-24-2007, 04:39 PM
oooo! Nice carbon ceramic brakes!

RC45
02-24-2007, 04:42 PM
i love how you need such huge replies to reply to my sharp, succint small statements.

The replies are the same lenght as yours... I simply choose to break them down - so the simple poor people can understand your superior tounge.

I'm glad they get to you...

They dont get to me.. they get to you - or you wouldn't keep responding - after all your wealth and station in life is so far above the rest of us that you dont need to hang out on JW..

But why did you beg to not get banned then?

hopefully they echo inside you like cylinders vibrated by low mhz frequencies of aural destruction.

You mean like you pitiful excuse for musical talent you dabbled in while in a drunked drugged up stupour?

as of now, let's impose a JW ban on YOU being a senseless imbecile. I'm sure that will help...i've never "begged" for anything on here or anywhere else.....

Not only spineless - but a liar as well.

You BEGGED to not be banned a year or 2 bag----you sent PM's and emails BEGGING to not get banned.

Unless you are now called the site admins liars... :)

for now...even Georgie would tell you to:
http://www.pensitoreview.com/images/photo-george-bush-finger.jpg
Note how he is using his right hand...

RC45
02-24-2007, 04:46 PM
oooo! Nice carbon ceramic brakes!

Thankfully - a post on topic.. :)

Yes - it is rather nice isnt it?

RC45
02-24-2007, 04:53 PM
i have no more time for you today. gotta run to work.

get some mind, get some soul....and fight me again another time.

Youcant be that superior if you have to "work"...

SPEEDKILLAR
02-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Both of you, STOP IT, before I'll ban the both of you :x :mrgreen:

Minacious
02-24-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm thinking we need one of my patented group Man-Hug sessions in here. :D

SPEEDKILLAR
02-24-2007, 05:18 PM
You're bonecrushing hugs, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :shock:

RC45
02-24-2007, 05:33 PM

The funny thing is - that he views you and I with the same superior dismissal... we are mere pawns in his elevated life of priviledge... ;)

We are mere common bits of societal trash to be discarded by the way side... tell you what though, I would sooner form a pact with you in a heart beat than even share oxygen with him :)

SPEEDKILLAR
02-24-2007, 05:49 PM

The funny thing is - that he views you and I with the same superior dismissal... we are mere pawns in his elevated life of priviledge... ;)

We are mere common bits of societal trash to be discarded by the way side... tell you what though, I would sooner form a pact with you in a heart beat than even share oxygen with him :)

I like you too :oops:

Ghostbat
02-24-2007, 05:59 PM

Do I smell a grouphug :)

RC45
02-24-2007, 06:53 PM

No - the smell is the stench of our unclean peasant bodies as we mill around in the cesspool that is common life... grovelling at the feet of the superior doctor come musician come philanthropist come socialite that is everso...

SPEEDKILLAR
02-24-2007, 06:56 PM

No - the smell is the stench of our unclean peasant bodies as we mill around in the cesspool that is common life... grovelling at the feet of the superior doctor come musician come philanthropist come socialite that is everso...

I just sprayed some Chrome D'azzaro on me. :?

RC45
02-24-2007, 06:58 PM
^^ that wont help - the aristocrats can smell poverty a mile away :(

Ghostbat
02-24-2007, 07:04 PM

I just sprayed some Chrome D'azzaro on me. :?

:D

Now how the hell did it get from pic of the Blue Devil to this..

SPEEDKILLAR
02-24-2007, 07:12 PM
^^ one of the many mysteries of life :)

number77
02-24-2007, 11:51 PM

It is an intercooler, that cools with a fluid, which is cooled by another cooler elsewhere.
It is odd that it is ontop of the engine Because there are rumors of a supercharger. This would make a big hood that aero engineers might not like.
This is unless the supercharger is somehow under there?
Or they plan on running a centrifugal type.

Also, GM has the reputation as not ever having to use wusey power adders. So it is possible that they are using this along with a NA engine.

666fast
02-25-2007, 04:46 AM

It is an intercooler, that cools with a fluid, which is cooled by another cooler elsewhere.
It is odd that it is ontop of the engine Because there are rumors of a supercharger. This would make a big hood that aero engineers might not like.
Or they plan on running a centrifugal type.

Also, GM has the reputation as not ever having to use wusey power adders. So it is possible that they are using this along with a NA engine.

That would be a charge cooler. It's much like the cooling system in all cars. You cool water (or water and antifreeze mix) by running it through a small radiator and then through the intercooler along with a small resevoir.

graywolf624
02-25-2007, 09:21 AM
That would be a charge cooler. It's much like the cooling system in all cars. You cool water (or water and antifreeze mix) by running it through a small radiator and then through the intercooler along with a small resevoir.
It looks like that from initial inspection (and what I first assumed actually), but as pointed out the location is all wrong. I have it from some other sources that its an a/w system, but it still intrigues me.

If there will be a supercharger its already there. Which means its way down in the center of the engine. Which makes it even more interesting. Not to mention the actual throttle body appears to be about where the main pulley is on a current lsx motor.

ferrari550
03-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Some new pics of the Vette SS? :hmm:

:arrow: http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/CorvetteSS/

STAN

dutchmasterflex
05-02-2007, 03:18 PM
More pics of the "Red Devil"

http://news.windingroad.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/red-devil-1.jpg
Spyshot snapper Brenda Priddy has captured some fresh new shots of Chevrolet’s pending super Corvette doing some over-the-road testing. We’re excited to see the SS/Mako Shark/Z07/Blue Devil/TBD looking sensational in red, particularly with those sinister-looking blacked-out alloys.

http://news.windingroad.com/body-stylesmarket-segment/coupes/red-devil-new-super-corvette-spy-shots/
for more pics

5vz-fe
05-02-2007, 03:29 PM
I have sweared to myself not to trust the spy pics from Winding road.com anymore

dutchmasterflex
05-02-2007, 03:51 PM
They are just posted by Winding Road.. photos were taken by the trusted spy photographer..

Don't believe all the hype nth and RC spewed discrediting their only competitor ;)

Although I havent read any of their latest winding road issues, I still think its a good [free] publication.

5vz-fe
05-02-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't deny their publication, I just won't believe thier "spy" stuff anymore that's all.

nthfinity
05-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Winding road discredited themselves, and had nothing to do with either RC, or me... and, they were never a direct competitor... just well funded, and staffed.

Spyshot snapper Brenda Priddy has captured some fresh new shots of Chevrolet’s pending super Corvette doing some over-the-road testing. We’re excited to see the SS/Mako Shark/Z07/Blue Devil/TBD looking sensational in red, particularly with those sinister-looking blacked-out alloys.

http://news.windingroad.com/body-stylesmarket-segment/coupes/red-devil-new-super-corvette-spy-shots/
for more pics

The blue SS has the Carbon brakes, this one has the iron brakes....

5vz-fe
05-02-2007, 03:58 PM
^absolutely agree. The moment they pick up those cardboards and duct tapes, they have sucessfully flushed their reputation down the drain. They played readers for fool, and they fully deserve no trust when it comes to "spy" photos now.

sentra_dude
05-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Winding road discredited themselves, and had nothing to do with either RC, or me... and, they were never a direct competitor... just well funded, and staffed.

for more pics

Why are they not a direct competitor? Aren't you both putting out online automotive magazines...?

nthfinity
05-02-2007, 05:05 PM

for more pics

Why are they not a direct competitor? Aren't you both putting out online automotive magazines...?

they put out a magazine based on new cars, and thier ellicite views... they don't do things the same way as us, or aim for the same cars, or same circomstances, or traditional testing meathods.

writing about cars is about the only comparable mark that we both share. They aren't a direct competitor... we are but a small spec to them ;)

TopGearNL
05-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Don't know what to believe any more.

nthfinity
05-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Well, Brenda Priddy certainly adds some credibility to the pics... and I wouldn't have a problem with any other spy shot of any other car, but after the prank they did with the Blue Devil... anything related to a 700hp Corvette should be taken with a little bit of scepticism :wink:

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39012&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=80

inside info via your friendly neighborhood Nthfinity ;)

79TA
05-03-2007, 03:31 AM

I guess that's how you have to console yourself when you realize you cannot compete with one performance-wise.