PDA

View Full Version : My 2003 Lancer Evolution 8

90GSX-03EVO
01-10-2004, 07:44 PM
I just thought I would share it with you.

Let me know what you guys think! (http://registry.evolutionm.net/vehicles.php?vehicleid=1746)

TT
01-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Nice car dude, congrats. In black the EVO VII and VII are always nice :D and welcome aboard too!

BTW, moved to the right section ;)

90GSX-03EVO
01-10-2004, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I was uncertain as to where to post it. Since I had to post a link to the website where my pics are, I thought it would go in the "car links" section. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I'm a Super Moderator on one board, and a n00b on another.....Gotta love it! Hehe.

Thanks for the welcome.

zevolv
01-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Very nice car. Keep the mods coming. I have to get some pics of my cars online. just need to find the time and the right weather to do so.

90GSX-03EVO
01-10-2004, 08:27 PM
So far.....

Buschur Racing manual boost controler, peaks at 1.45 bar, tapers down to 1.40 bar.

Buschur Racing open element air filter.

Buschur Racing compressor intake pipe.

Blitz DC series boost and fuel pressure gauges.

Bliz DC FATTIII turbo timer.

Ralliart mud flaps.

Diamond tread floor mats.

That's about it for now. More will come later.....

gis
01-10-2004, 08:30 PM
very nice car.always liked the EVO.

welcome to jabbasworld :D

Smahatma
01-12-2004, 03:03 AM
you havent had the chance to dyno it at 1.4bar have you?

zevolv
01-24-2004, 03:08 PM
There's actually an RS II also with some of the creature comforts the RS doesn't have.

oscargarza88
01-24-2004, 09:39 PM
hey congrats on ur new car, its cool, and what did u like about this car that made you buy instead of the sti? just curious.
and zezolv your family has a good car colection, do u have pics of them? specially he comet(because i have never seen one) and the thunderbird, and mustang, haha
:)
and ehy did u get the evo 8 if u already has the t-bird?

kian
01-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Never liked the EVO b4 , i prefer 2 dour coupes :P :P :P , even with its agressive styling , its still to much a family car with 4 doors ..... :twisted: :twisted:

touge2k
01-26-2004, 08:56 AM
Good choice in color! Unfortunately I got pulled over 7 times in my first 2 weeks with that car (only got 1 ticket for no front plates, illegal in CA), I later traded it in on an SLK32 amg. I have pics of my old evo here: http://photos.yahoo.com/lanevolutionviii

I got the EVO over the STi for the superior grip and steering response...

yunet
01-26-2004, 03:50 PM
for me i would think that an EVO 7 is better or the new Subaru WRX Impreza STI my reason is because the little bodykit for the EVO8 i dont like it very much its much too curvy and teh rear is pretty funny too the kool thing is that the wing is carbon fiber so it creates downforce at a lighter weight the and the SUBARU WRX Impreza STI has more power than the two so i would choose those over the evo 8 and the taillights of the EVO8 would look better on the 7

zevolv
01-26-2004, 04:07 PM
hey congrats on ur new car, its cool, and what did u like about this car that made you buy instead of the sti? just curious.
and zezolv your family has a good car colection, do u have pics of them? specially he comet(because i have never seen one) and the thunderbird, and mustang, haha
There's no harm in multiple cars and I wanted something good in the winter, I posted before that I had an SVT Focus but it got rear ended and the damage was too extensive so I took the insurance Money and but a down payment on the EVO. I am too lazy to go take pictures of my individual cars and not all of them are at my house until March sometime. If you're wondering what a Mercury Comet looks like it's the Mercury version of the Ford Falcon which they still make overseas. Oh and for me I've always loved the EVO so I had to get one, My friend has an STI and personally it looks a little to flashy for me, the EVO doesn't look like it's asking for as much attention.

90GSX-03EVO
02-01-2004, 07:39 PM
There is also an Evo 8 MR. The MR is only available outside of the US, of course. It only comes in a gunmetal color, has simulated carbon fiber interior parts instead of the light gray plastic that we have on the dash and what-not. It also has gunmetal head lamp and tail lamp housings (instead of chrome).

I picked the Evo because I have always been in love with them. In the past, I have owned two different Eclipse GSX's. I just can't get enough of the turbo-4G63-all-wheel-drive stuff. For years, I have wished that the Evo would come to the US, and now it finally did. They can keep the FQ's overseas, that's fine with me. I don't think it's really worth it to pay $5,000 more for an extra 30 crank horsepower, let alone $10,000 more for an extra 60 crank horsepower. Of course, those price figures are rough estimates, but they are pretty true as to how much More the FQ-300 and the FQ-330 costs.

Some of my deciding factors for buying the Evo over the STi:

EVO has a 2 liter, STi (in the US) has a 2.5, that goes against the rally group regulations that these cars are based and inspired from.

Evo exterior looks a lot better to me than the STi. The STi's rear wing looks like it was designed by a 10 year old. THey flop around everywhere when at higher speeds and on bumpy roads. Carbon Fiber doesn't usually "flop" like that.

The Evo in the US doesn't have silly stuff like the VCD or AYC, therefore you can put in into turns pretty aggressively and the driver can still control the car quite well. The STi's DCCD (or whaever the acronym is) is a turn off to me. I prefer a 50/50 split drivetrain. Every time, all the time. Less parts mean there is less to break, too.

Interior: The STi's gauges are quite impressive to me. I have to say that I do like them better than the Evo's, but the STi seats looked like cheap knock-off's to me. The Evo is covered with acres of plastic on the inside, but what do you expect? It's from Japan and it costs $30,000 and performs like a supercar.

Reliability: The 4G63 has been around for over a decade. True, the 2nd Generation DSM's had a problem with crankwalk, but that was on the US assembled motors once Chrysler started to really have a say in how the cars should be made. The 4G63's found in Evo 1-8 have an almost non-existent history of crankwalking. How long has that STi 2.5 boxer motor been around?

Anyway, I'll add some more pics once I start really doing some mods to my car.

oscargarza88
02-01-2004, 08:01 PM
My friend has an STI and personally it looks a little to flashy for me, the EVO doesn't look like it's asking for as much attention.

what do u mean by flashy?

e8
02-04-2004, 05:18 PM
NICE looking car.

i'm loving my evo 8 here in the US. taking it to the track(road course that is) on sunday. :mrgreen:

Fleischmann
02-04-2004, 05:25 PM
So far.....

Buschur Racing manual boost controler, peaks at 1.45 bar, tapers down to 1.40 bar.

Buschur Racing open element air filter.

Buschur Racing compressor intake pipe.

Blitz DC series boost and fuel pressure gauges.

Bliz DC FATTIII turbo timer.

Ralliart mud flaps.

Diamond tread floor mats.

That's about it for now. More will come later.....

How much does it kick out after those mods ??

Garretts_turbo
02-11-2004, 01:30 AM
Very sleek. Since I saw the new Evos at the car shows up here in Michigan, im in love. everything i want in a car....
time to take out another "college" loan!
hehehehee

Sigma
02-11-2004, 03:26 PM
That´s really a very nice car!!
There aren´t too many here in Brazil.... =)=)=)

Fast_car006
02-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Love the car bro. My brother has a weightless white EVO VIII. It's so much fun to drive.

i_hate_the_enzo
02-18-2004, 05:51 PM
AHHH...stop putting cars on the web that i have am obsession with... damn you all. but on a lighter note, very nice. im thinking that im gonna save up some money and buy one in the next few years...but my opinions on cars may change by then, so who knows...

®™▪▪Łчяί
02-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Nice Evo,
Ma Bro Has a Impreza
But The New EVO 8 is just sick(the good meaning)

e_one09
02-21-2004, 03:17 AM
Nice car you got there.

FoxFour
02-28-2004, 12:40 PM
Hey, I drive one all the time. On Project Gotham Racing 2 :mrgreen:
Very nice!

DTM8
02-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Nice car, and its even better to drive :D

The tarmac black and rally red are my two favorite colors on the EVO, good choice :)

zmydust823
03-04-2004, 11:57 PM
Thats so sweet..my friend has a Evo8 also..hes done some mods to it and its freakin quick, i drove it and was amazed at how it handles and accelerates...i plan on gettin one too...

mummyx
04-20-2004, 03:37 AM
Man.... everytime I see the Evo 8 pics, I kinda regret that I chose R32.