PDA

View Full Version : Production Mondeo

HeilSvenska
02-15-2007, 12:35 AM
We've all seen this car from the new Bond movie and you can buy one! It does look nice. And the instrument panel is of particular interest. As for the exterior I think it carries over the Iosis theme well. The interior...looks plasticky unless that's real metal trim.

pics here.
http://www.netcarshow.com/ford/2007-mondeo/

There is a rumor flying around that the Mondeo might be sold in the US. ...it'd be an illogical move, but wouldnt' mind seeing it on the road.

ferrarif1fan89
02-15-2007, 01:06 AM
that HAS to be a show interior, because that really is metal trim, and lots of it. if ford had any common sense, they'd sell that here.

ae86_16v
02-15-2007, 01:22 AM
Definitely one of the better looking Fords around. Well, they are bring back the Taurus too, so for a mid-size sedan they will have the Fusion, Taurus, and Mondeo?

Yeah I don't know about that.

It does look good.

HeilSvenska
02-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Well, they are bring back the Taurus too

Oh no! Those marketing people have gotten to you too! :D

I'll never call it the Taurus. It'll always be a 500 to me. :cry:

And yes, not bringing Mondeo and the Focus was the biggest mistake Ford has ever made. (That and many others)

ae86_16v
02-15-2007, 03:25 AM
Well, they are bring back the Taurus too

Oh no! Those marketing people have gotten to you too! :D

I'll never call it the Taurus. It'll always be a 500 to me. :cry:

And yes, not bringing Mondeo and the Focus was the biggest mistake Ford has ever made. (That and many others)

Yeah. . . they never should've killed off the Taurus in the first place. :)

Yup, the current Focus is 2 generations behind.

silentm
02-15-2007, 01:31 PM
^my parents own a Ford Taurus... it's like already 13 years old :|

this new Mondeo looks good. i think the interior is rather pretty. apart from the steering wheel, that is obviously overladen with buttons and functions...

Vansquish
02-15-2007, 02:03 PM
that HAS to be a show interior, because that really is metal trim, and lots of it. if ford had any common sense, they'd sell that here.

Nope...I've had the opportunity to see the production car in the flesh. The interior actually does look like that.

TopGearNL
02-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Love the look of this car!

If my dad weren't in hospital right now Im sure he would get one! (office has a contract with Ford, they all drive mondeo's now..)

In the Dutch newspaper they said that this car will steal away alot of VW Passat customer, lets hope it does!

Stikz
02-15-2007, 08:19 PM
It looks a LOT like the S60, from the hood back anyways, which i guess sort of makes sense.

ViperASR
02-15-2007, 09:38 PM
thats actually really cool looking car. Ford needs to sell that and the Focus ST in America and not the cr** Tarus and the Fusion :roll:

T-Bird
02-15-2007, 09:43 PM
I would definitely buy that car if it came here.

Mattk
02-15-2007, 09:45 PM
The exterior is fantastic and is definitely better-looking, meatier and with more oomph than the previous model, which was quite plain. The interior is mind-bogglingly cluttered. Too many buttons and flashy things.

Stoopie
02-16-2007, 03:57 AM
It'd be fun seeing that car in the US, it would just fade away amongst those SUV's ;)