PDA

View Full Version : Clarkson is the man!

racingfreak
02-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Clarkson was in South Africa (dont know if any of you know the little place I call home) recently together with Richard Hammond for the MPH 2007 show where you sit in a theatre and they show you all the latest cars! He entered the arena in a gallardo spyder doing drifts and filling the entire place with smoke. He told us about his Ford GT and how he has bought and sold it 3 times and finally decided to grow up so he bought a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder (?)
After the show he gave out autographs and I had the oppertunity to speak to him. What a great guy, his passion for cars once again showed when I asked him if he will miss his Ford GT, he said that in an ideal world he would drive that car until its end but just had to face reality and sell the bloody thing...so my question is simple: What do you think of Mr Clarkson?

ARMAN
02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
any chance you took some pics?

I like Clarkson, he is very smart guy have a good sence of humor wich alot of people dont understand 8)

jorge
02-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I am with you racingfreak, Clarkson is the man. He has a very special sense of humor that i really enjoy in the show

Firdosh7747
02-13-2007, 12:23 PM
the title of this thread says it all.

Ford Capri 2.8i
02-13-2007, 01:26 PM
JC is almost a god among the journalist in general, and he is god among the TV motoring journalist; its more than enough to see how much influence he gets for brands for better or for worse

Erez
02-13-2007, 01:32 PM
good for you dude 8)
me, I love Clarkson I dont always agree with him (maily on German cars.. :lol: ) but he's awesome 8)

sameerrao
02-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Clarkson was in South Africa (dont know if any of you know the little place I call home) recently together with Richard Hammond for the MPH 2007 show where you sit in a theatre and they show you all the latest cars! He entered the arena in a gallardo spyder doing drifts and filling the entire place with smoke. He told us about his Ford GT and how he has bought and sold it 3 times and finally decided to grow up so he bought a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder (?)
After the show he gave out autographs and I had the oppertunity to speak to him. What a great guy, his passion for cars once again showed when I asked him if he will miss his Ford GT, he said that in an ideal world he would drive that car until its end but just had to face reality and sell the bloody thing...so my question is simple: What do you think of Mr Clarkson?

I am sorry but someone on JW thinks you are wrong. It wasnt Clarkson you saw driving. ;)

It has been authoritatively mentioned that Clarkson can't drive. --> http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46412&highlight=clarkson

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mers
02-13-2007, 06:21 PM
I laugh at his jokes quite a lot...

racingfreak
02-13-2007, 06:23 PM
It has been authoritatively mentioned that Clarkson can't drive

That is the reason why I started this topic, I wont say that he is the world's best driver but he is no fool behind the steering wheel either! Pic coming soon...

racingfreak
02-13-2007, 06:31 PM
OK, so the first is a pic of my buddy with clarkson and the second one him getting out of the gallardo with the smoke still hanging in the air. He is quite a tall bloke as well, cause my buddy is 1.92m! (As far as I know jeremy is 1.93m.) Did you know that he has got 3 donkeys, was a passenger on the last concorde flight and his wife drives a aston martin V8 vantage..?

http://img140.imagevenue.com/loc212/th_05988_A_122_212lo.jpg (http://img140.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=05988_A_122_212lo.jpg)

http://img18.imagevenue.com/loc47/th_05994_B_122_47lo.jpg (http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=05994_B_122_47lo.jpg)

nthfinity
02-13-2007, 06:58 PM

I am sorry but someone on JW thinks you are wrong. It wasnt Clarkson you saw driving. ;)

It has been authoritatively mentioned that Clarkson can't drive. --> http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46412&highlight=clarkson

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I mearly mention the man is human. You make it sound like I was out to severely discredit him, and it couldn't be further from the facts.

nice way to twist that bit of information that others' weren't privy to to your own humerous content. The fact still remains, he didn't drive the GT in all those shots around the Bedford landing strip; and that he was edited in later to simulate the same movements. That is the basis of that fact, not on any other drives, besides his own Suzuki Liana lap time of 1:50.

:| :| :|

Sameer, your simply being a JC fanboy, and it makes no sence.

I also contend that Clarkson is highly entertaining. About the GT being sold and bought back 3 times, refer to my other topic ;)

chest3r
02-13-2007, 07:00 PM
It's kinda weird to see Clarkson in a Gallardo Spyder, specially after what he said about the F430 Spyder :roll:

nthfinity
02-13-2007, 07:05 PM
It's kinda weird to see Clarkson in a Gallardo Spyder, specially after what he said about the F430 Spyder :roll:

makes you wonder about trusting his judgement on automobiles he reviews, doesn't it?

as an aside... the market may determin what cars he buys and sells now; G spyders and F430 spyders are both in demand whilst retaining thier value; while the FGT is set to come down in price... a bit at least.

nthfinity
02-13-2007, 07:30 PM
makes you wonder about trusting his judgement on automobiles he reviews, doesn't it?

Yeah keep on trying to discredit the guy dude, the fact that he buys a Gallardo after praising the F430 like he did...well he didnt exactly hate the Gallardo spider either as I recall... :roll:
But by all means discredit him as much as you like it makes it easier to argue he is wrong the next time he doesnt say American cars are all you make it out to be.....

That nthfinity are gripping any straw you can to discredit him, so what if he buys a Gallardo instead of a F430 maybe he want to know how it is to live with a Lambo he have owned a Ferrari before so maybe he just wanted something new.....but oh no he just are a poor driver whom no one shall listen to as you and your "sources" are way more precisie all the time.... :roll:

WRONG

the fact is, Jeremy Clarkson is entertainment; nearly EVERYBODY has accepted that a long time ago. I am mearly playing the devils advocate, and finding logical reasons for his actions.

as to my sources, they are infallable, as they were the guys who made the car, dealt directly with him in his chronic "failures" of his Ford GT, were there to provide a test driver for filming, as well as the car...

for christs sake. Where are yours? come to the table when you have something valuable to inject the thread with. I don't see you talking about the behind stories about driving the old RS2, or the backstories behind the various tests of the Audi TT etc. etc. etc.

I am not trying to discretit him. He has long since done that on his own as far as being a honest journalist... he has long been a guy who changes his mind with the wind, and says one thing while doing another. I have nothing to do with influencing him. That, IMHO is a no brainer.

I hope the guy stays on the air for a long time yet; and I assume you do as well... in the mean time, why don't you re-watch many of the old comparo's and see what he says, read what he says before you accuse me of discrediting him, nor attempting to discredit me with [b] zero substance [\b] to back up your claim.

TopGearNL
02-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Ill miss the GT! But the Gallardo Spyder is truly an awesome car!

And for once I actually agree with Brembo in this topic!

He think Ferrari's are god, quite right. But like he said who wants 5 way TC?? :|

nthfinity
02-14-2007, 07:21 PM
WRONG

Not just because you say so... :roll:

the fact is, Jeremy Clarkson is entertainment; nearly EVERYBODY has accepted that a long time ago. I am mearly playing the devils advocate, and finding logical reasons for his actions. .

I know he is entertainment, but he also have valid points and have driven and lived with supercars since almost before you where born wich makes his views on cars more than entertainment...the truth doesnt need to be boring you know.... :wink:

as to my sources, they are infallable, as they were the guys who made the car, dealt directly with him in his chronic "failures" of his Ford GT, were there to provide a test driver for filming, as well as the car... .

I dont care what or who you SAY they are, its just you saying so.....

For what we know its you pulling crap out your ass....

for christs sake. Where are yours? come to the table when you have something valuable to inject the thread with. I don't see you talking about the behind stories about driving the old RS2, or the backstories behind the various tests of the Audi TT etc. etc. etc..

My what?

So I have to make up sources and talk out of my ass, when a car journalist makes a dvd I dont like the outcome of, like you have done.....Im not that small a person....

I am not trying to discretit him. He has long since done that on his own as far as being a honest journalist... he has long been a guy who changes his mind with the wind, and says one thing while doing another. I have nothing to do with influencing him. That, IMHO is a no brainer. .

LOL after "the god the bad and the ugly" came you have tried your best to discredit him the best pathetic way you can......

I hope the guy stays on the air for a long time yet; and I assume you do as well... in the mean time, why don't you re-watch many of the old comparo's and see what he says, read what he says before you accuse me of discrediting him, nor attempting to discredit me with [b] zero substance [\b] to back up your claim.

I hope he stays on the air for a very long time, but I dont write my post any different just because you dont like what they say...

I did not make one thing up; want pics or STFU? I'll do that later tonight if you wish. Nice job accusing me of making up false stories, but hey; why on earth would I do that? Instead of accusing me of making up stories, why don't you provide evidence that I did not?

I can't believe how below the belt you have gotten. Consider this an end.

graywolf624
02-14-2007, 08:39 PM
I know he is entertainment, but he also have valid points and have driven and lived with supercars since almost before you where born wich makes his views on cars more than entertainment...the truth doesnt need to be boring you know....
Brembo, it isn't that Clarkson is stupid. It is that sometimes he says things that arent true or exagerated just for the television. Great examples include ragging on mustangs while reviewing the v6. Mustangs arent that great imho, but thats like using a vw bug as an example of the best car your beloved vw group can produce. ITs just moronic and done for effect.

racingfreak
02-15-2007, 06:39 PM
WOW!!! I did not for one second think that my post would create such controversy!

novass
02-15-2007, 09:19 PM
I like Clarkson and love Top Gear but I don't view either as the end all, say all in automotive journalism, nor should anyone else IMO. Speaking for myself and I assume others here, I will never buy a car because someone tells me too nor will I not buy one because someone tells me not too. I take all the information given from shows like Top Gear, magazines, test drives, other owners, etc and form my own opinion. If I like something I will buy it, I could care less what someone down the block thinks of it.

I actually find it funny when his biased opinion comes out. Every time he reviews something British, I can almost expect what he is gonna say. "The interior is shit, the engine is shit, it looks like shit.........but......its the best car in the world." Thats a bit of an exaggeration, but I love how he disses a car then promptly follows it up with a "BUT" and says the complete opposite.

That being said, I do think Clarkson has credibility through his experiences and he is a great TV personality, but at the end of the day he is just another opinion and Top Gear is just a TV show. I still love to watch Top Gear and Clarkson's DVDs are always entertaining.

sameerrao
02-15-2007, 09:46 PM
I like Clarkson and love Top Gear but I don't view either as the end all, say all in automotive journalism, nor should anyone else IMO. Speaking for myself and I assume others here, I will never buy a car because someone tells me too nor will I not buy one because someone tells me not too. I take all the information given from shows like Top Gear, magazines, test drives, other owners, etc and form my own opinion. If I like something I will buy it, I could care less what someone down the block thinks of it.

I actually find it funny when his biased opinion comes out. Every time he reviews something British, I can almost expect what he is gonna say. "The interior is shit, the engine is shit, it looks like shit.........but......its the best car in the world." Thats a bit of an exaggeration, but I love how he disses a car then promptly follows it up with a "BUT" and says the complete opposite.

That being said, I do think Clarkson has credibility through his experiences and he is a great TV personality, but at the end of the day he is just another opinion and Top Gear is just a TV show. I still love to watch Top Gear and Clarkson's DVDs are always entertaining.

+1

Hashim11989
02-15-2007, 10:22 PM

x2, I look at Top Gear more like comedy than anything else. Cars are a major part of it, but then again, why wouldnt you buy a car w/ your own common sense. Just my two cents.

nthfinity
02-15-2007, 10:59 PM
You say you havnt made things up, and this can very well be true but there are no way of knowing as alot of the time when you come stating "the facts" you just say it is so and cant reveal your sources of course it might be so, but its also a great way of just pulling things out of a hat wich suits your agenda......
There is a way of knowing wether or not I made up anything. Find me a single post where I lied, or didn't give the factual information... or better yet, find me an instance that I have gotten wrong. You can't.

furthermore, I have often mentioned sources (e.g. Kip Ewing, or sometimes others who wish not to be specifically named... christ, some of these guys will have to deal with Jeremy Clarkson in the future you know).

Next, why would I lie? I enjoy Clarkson reviews, and always have. There is no agenda to discredit him; if that is what you see this as, then that is your opinon based on the material I have provided. There is no agenda in the truth. Is there nothing you can bring out that can possibly discredit me... through even now, you are only at slander (think of Rosie accusing Trump of being bankrupt) When in fact you are only out to get me (why?)

I know 3 people in Michigan who have dealt specifically with Jeremy, two of which were during the Ford GT project, and one during the making of Motorworld Detroit (Green 68 GTO convertible found in it).

And pretty much everybody here have noticed the bad mouthing of JC you started after the dvd came out....
did you even watch that DVD? is there entertainment when the guy is giving non stop false entertainment? Yet, as I had mentioned in those DVD threads, that I enjoyed it, even if it wasn't up to par vs. Hot Metal, and Heavan and Hell.

Since I took over the American Muscle forum, you have been out to discredit me; and still yet, you can't provide any single evidence I have lied, streatched the truth, or made up stories. Non stop slander... this is beyond opinion. Somehow, not one of the stories I posted did people find outrageous, and not plausable even; except you, and a few fanboys. Are you a fanboy, or are you simply a biggot, pregudice prick?

Ok maybe you think its below the belt....I cant belive how cusioned your life must have been.... :roll:
And "consider this an end" can anyone say drama queen.... :lol:

Considering the group we came from, I never expected to have anybody from that group accuse another of anything like that; nor would I expect another from that group to ever lie to another member.

It is as a good friend suddenly telling the world lies about me... and drama? no; again, you are making accusations without backing a single thing up with evidence. Perhaps you take political views personally? I for one know you have spoken behind one member of that group's back to another member... Nice way to continue being a friend, isn't it?

Get a life; make some contacts, get to know people who have more then 1/2 a brain... maybe then too you'll get some back stories on cars, people involved in cars, big stories that have since gone cold... but alas, you haven't... ever. What exactly do you contribute here?

I've gathered a small amount of photo evidence that I know who I say I know, obviously, its a waste of time for the likes of you; but I won't take this slander. I've worked too hard to start making up stories now, in the past, or ever.

http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/proof/How_Tai_Tang_1.jpg
SVT/APC chief
http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/proof/camilo_pardo.jpg

http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/proof/IMG_1433%20copy.jpg
Legendary Ford, independant [Caddy 16 concept even] Desinger, Buck Mook
http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/proof/IMG_3378%20copy.jpg
GT engineer, GTX engineer/designer etc. Kip Ewing (you may recognize him from the many Shows about the GT/GTX1)
http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/proof/IMG_3410%20copy.jpg
The man responsible for the 94 Mustang project... and other projects in the works ;) Ben Schwie.
Ford Designer, Peter Horbury's GT (http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/proof/Ford_GT_4.jpg)
GM Legendary designer Steve Pastiener's car (http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/proof/IMG_9807%20copy.jpg)

How would I get access to, and drive these cars?
http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/proof/MFR_plate_1.jpg
http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/proof/Ford_GT_3%20copy.jpg
http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/proof/GT500_1%20copy.jpg
http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/proof/Bugatti_Veyron_3%20copy.jpg

How about some direct contact information?
http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/proof/2-road.jpg

or some of the guys I know in the racing world?
http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/proof/T1_C5_Z06_3%20copy.jpg
maybe perhaps this guy has had many stories to tell?
http://www.nthimage.com/create_hits/proof/group_o_cars%20copy.jpg

Are you still willing to call me out? or are you still just as much a coward to continue accusing me with absolutely [b]ZERO evidence to back your case up.

In the end, it doesn't matter who supports your view, as it is simply wrong.

fabro_s
02-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Hey nth, do you have the last picture of the garage in high res?

its pretty damn cool!!, is it a private garage or what?

nthfinity
02-16-2007, 01:05 AM
Hey nth, do you have the last picture of the garage in high res?

its pretty damn cool!!, is it a private garage or what?

Of course. and it is a private collection to one owner :)

pm me, and i'll see about sending something of nicer resolution to you.

79TA
02-16-2007, 03:09 AM
hmm I just wish Clarkson could keep his facts about American V8's straight

ie the "4.6 litre Mustang GT" that he raced against a horse (was actually the dismal 4.0 V6)

in the last episode of top gear he refers to the C6 Corvette as having a 5.7 litre instead of a 6.0. meh

oh well, he still puts on a great show

racingfreak
02-16-2007, 09:42 AM
All the facts you say that clarkson got wrong has to do with american cars right? Well to be honest, I couldnt care less what he says about "AMERICAN V8" cars, as they are what is wrong with cars today, they have ancient engines that weigh more than north america, their stiling is boring, the interior is worse than what you get in the 1:43 scale model of the same car, they run on leave springs and they do not posses a dictionary with the word "corner" in it! The original Ford GT40 was a piece of art, as well as beautiful to look at but since then it has only gone downhill I'm afraid. They also posses the art of getting the same power from an engine twice the size of anything from europe. I've been in an Ford GT and a saleen, I've driven a ford mustang and they dont even compare to their european counterparts that I've driven, including the enzo, f430, gallardo or even a m3 for that matter!That is why you get a place called Europe or "EUROPE LAND" as the americans like to call it, so you can buy an european car and stay the hell away from anything made in the states!

ARMAN
02-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Man guys its a TV SHOW it HAVE to be entertaining or it will be boring as any other automotive shows around thats why TG has that much of success just compare it to the "honest judging" 5Gear.
Its the wacky comments that Clarkson spit out and twist facts sometimes that are the essence of the show's success.. the way he tell you that that car a total crap but its the one you should buy that all makes it the show it is.
You dont listen to anyone while buying the car but yourself and if you do than its too bad cause any of journalists are biased on certain brand or country of manufacture.
Journalists try hard not to show you they are biased on some car but that is EXACTLY what Clarkson do he will argue and argue and argue wich means he does it opposite way than others ;)

graywolf624
02-16-2007, 02:03 PM
as they are what is wrong with cars today, they have ancient engines that weigh more than north america, their stiling is boring, the interior is worse than what you get in the 1:43 scale model of the same car, they run on leave springs and they do not posses a dictionary with the word "corner" in it! The original Ford GT40 was a piece of art, as well as beautiful to look at but since then it has only gone downhill I'm afraid. They also posses the art of getting the same power from an engine twice the size of anything from europe. I've been in an Ford GT and a saleen, I've driven a ford mustang and they dont even compare to their european counterparts that I've driven, including the enzo, f430, gallardo or even a m3 for that matter!That is why you get a place called Europe or "EUROPE LAND" as the americans like to call it, so you can buy an european car and stay the hell away from anything made in the states!
Ladies and gentlemen.. exhibit a of someone who doesnt bother to even look at other cars.

First.. the m3 engine is about 100 lbs heavier then that corvette 6L. Push rods are generally lighter engines then dohc engines. And the corvette engine puts out more bhp. ITs actually a common swap to put an ls1 in a m3. In fact that corvette itself is lighter then almost anything bmw makes. The corvette set a blazing nurburing run faster then almost anything made in europe. Its quite telling that your arguing american cars lack by comparing a 70k corvette to a 500k enzo. The corvette is certainly not the best car in the world, but youd be hard pressed to find a better performance per dollar.

novass
02-16-2007, 08:50 PM
All the facts you say that clarkson got wrong has to do with american cars right? Well to be honest, I couldnt care less what he says about "AMERICAN V8" cars, as they are what is wrong with cars today, they have ancient engines that weigh more than north america, their stiling is boring, the interior is worse than what you get in the 1:43 scale model of the same car, they run on leave springs and they do not posses a dictionary with the word "corner" in it! The original Ford GT40 was a piece of art, as well as beautiful to look at but since then it has only gone downhill I'm afraid. They also posses the art of getting the same power from an engine twice the size of anything from europe. I've been in an Ford GT and a saleen, I've driven a ford mustang and they dont even compare to their european counterparts that I've driven, including the enzo, f430, gallardo or even a m3 for that matter!That is why you get a place called Europe or "EUROPE LAND" as the americans like to call it, so you can buy an european car and stay the hell away from anything made in the states!

I think some gas just leaked out of my ass that sounded more intelligent than that :roll:

racingfreak
02-17-2007, 03:35 AM
youd be hard pressed to find a better performance per dollar.

Just remember one thing, the only place that the corvette is actually cheap is in the US. To import one to Europe almost doubles the cost, so then it is more in the price range of lamborghinis and ferraris, SO OK I'LL SAY THIS: If you live in the US by all means by a corvette, cause its cheap for you and keeps them from being exported to other countries...And the only reason a corvette is cheap is because it is made cheap...the quality on a corvette doesn't even compare to that of a fiat in my opinion, and a fiat is put together with nothing more that a couple of pieces of double sided tape...

First.. the m3 engine is about 100 lbs heavier then that corvette 6L. Push rods are generally lighter engines then dohc engines. And the corvette engine puts out more bhp.

If I cant compare a 500K car with a corvette, how can you compare a 70K corvette with a 40K M3??? Please, out of all the cars I listed you chose the saloon car to compare to your "sports" cars...

nthfinity
02-17-2007, 10:11 AM
youd be hard pressed to find a better performance per dollar.

Just remember one thing, the only place that the corvette is actually cheap is in the US. To import one to Europe almost doubles the cost, so then it is more in the price range of lamborghinis and ferraris, SO OK I'LL SAY THIS: If you live in the US by all means by a corvette, cause its cheap for you and keeps them from being exported to other countries...And the only reason a corvette is cheap is because it is made cheap...the quality on a corvette doesn't even compare to that of a fiat in my opinion, and a fiat is put together with nothing more that a couple of pieces of double sided tape...

First.. the m3 engine is about 100 lbs heavier then that corvette 6L. Push rods are generally lighter engines then dohc engines. And the corvette engine puts out more bhp.

If I cant compare a 500K car with a corvette, how can you compare a 70K corvette with a 40K M3??? Please, out of all the cars I listed you chose the saloon car to compare to your "sports" cars...

show's how much you know LOL

Year ............. 2005 ............. 2005
Make ............ BMW ............ Chevrolet
Model ............ M3 ................ Corvette
Trim ......... 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 6M) ........ 2dr Hatchback (6.0L 8cyl 6M)
MSRP ....... $47,995................ $44,510

Base True Market Value
M3
$38,710
Corvette
$34,141

Mileage (City / Hwy) .... 16/23.......... 18/26
Curb Weight ................ 3415 lbs ..... 3179 lbs
Power .......................... 333hp ......... 400hp

standard Vette is faster then, and cheaper then a M3 when new; The Z06 is on a whole other level of performance, on part with Ferrari beating, Porsche Turbo/ GT3 RS matching, and Lamborghini humiliating abilities. As to quality; it isn't nearly as bad as you say it is. The interior on a Enzo is utter crap... then again, its practically a stripped out racer. the 360 CS is even crapier IMO [actually, i'd prefer a more stripped out interior... ]... yet you pay even more for it. the Z is built to a price, and to a performance level... there is no escaping that, but on the track, and on the street... posing doesn't count much does it? oh, and even at 2x the price, it is still cheaper and faster then the cars I mentioned LOL.

Where's brembo :P

graywolf624
02-17-2007, 07:54 PM
It isn't our fault your country tarrifs you to death. Here a the german cars are a little bit more expensive then there, but even thats only minor. The benefits of a more integrated free trade economy I guess.
As for the interior I get the impression you havent driven one or you are exaggerating. The corvette is certainly not the crowning achievement in interior but it is leaps and bounds above the fiat. It doesn't fall apart, it doesnt squeak, it doesnt rattle. The parts you actually touch are good quality, the seats are comfortable. The dash isn't the best material admitedly.. But one could say the same thing about recent bmws. Is it all that important that the dash is soft touch as opposed to say, driving dynamics?

I wasn't refering to the 70k Corvette z06. I was refering to the 40k base Corvette which is at least 5k cheaper. Hell the engine I was refering too was also in my trans am and even there the engine is lighter and puts out more bhp in that 20k dollar car. So the point holds. BMW owners swap into their m3s engines from a 20k dollar American car.

RC45
02-17-2007, 09:45 PM

Wow ... simply wow.

So you're South African then hey?

BTW - Call bullshit on your "drivign experiences" as you seem to be highlighting the incorrect features.

From my recolleciton, the Enzo interior is actually not that much to write home about... neither is the M3.

BTW - why would you be comparing a Mustang to anything European? It's a cheap sporty car - that brings up the question, what car were you comparing it to?

And - also, what area are from in RSA? That makes a huge difference, and your background - and your wealth and station - there is no doubt certain groups within ZA have certain flawed views and these are very easy to brign out into the open.

RC45
02-17-2007, 09:50 PM

He is a pompous entertainer that has created a niche market for himself built around verbal vombosity and acidic hyperbole.

He is very good at panderign to local animosoties to drive his mediocre humour home.

I often wonder how much of a "great guy" he really is behind the scenes, because most of the time he just comes across as a prick with a car show ;)

racingfreak
02-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Wow ... simply wow.

So you're South African then hey?

BTW - Call bullshit on your "drivign experiences" as you seem to be highlighting the incorrect features.

From my recolleciton, the Enzo interior is actually not that much to write home about... neither is the M3.

BTW - why would you be comparing a Mustang to anything European? It's a cheap sporty car - that brings up the question, what car were you comparing it to?

And - also, what area are from in RSA? That makes a huge difference, and your background - and your wealth and station - there is no doubt certain groups within ZA have certain flawed views and these are very easy to brign out into the open.

I listed the enzo for performance, f430 for interior (a piece of art to my opinion) and m3 for pure fun. My location is unimportant as this will only make you prejudice forsure...

SPEEDKILLAR
02-18-2007, 12:03 PM
It's all about entertainment, and yes, JC does exagerate, and most of the time he doesn't focus on the technical aspects of a car, but rather what feeling it gives you. And I quite like that.

So Jezza is the man.

graywolf624
02-18-2007, 12:07 PM
I listed the enzo for performance, f430 for interior (a piece of art to my opinion) and m3 for pure fun. My location is unimportant as this will only make you prejudice forsure...
So the vette now has to compete on all things with all cars? That is a pretty weak arguement, just how are you going to get those 3 aspects in one car? Not to mention we've suddenly returned to the situation where the performance car you've chosen costs more then 2 houses plus the most expensive American car. That isn't exactly a fair fight.

RC45
02-18-2007, 12:25 PM
I listed the enzo for performance, f430 for interior (a piece of art to my opinion)

The F430 is a nice interior, but nothing out rageous... and Enzo performance? Uhm - which other cars are you expecting should compete with or beat then Enzo?

An Audio of some kind?

and m3 for pure fun.

The M3 is fun, if you are into slower heavier cars, sure it can be fun.

My location is unimportant as this will only make you prejudice forsure...
You may be surprised - why would it prejudice me? Are you afraid I might think you are a wealthy spoiled white guy - or are you afraid I might think you are a "new money" spoiled black guy? Or perhpas you might be afraid I might think you are none of the above and just try debate you on the facts rather than opinion?

racingfreak
02-18-2007, 05:38 PM
You may be surprised - why would it prejudice me? Are you afraid I might think you are a wealthy spoiled white guy - or are you afraid I might think you are a "new money" spoiled black guy? Or perhpas you might be afraid I might think you are none of the above and just try debate you on the facts rather than opinion?

I actually just know alot of wealthy guys with some amazing cars as well as some people in the motor industry that get me rides in some of the finest cars out there!
The best I've got in my garage is a porsche...hardly something to write home about. And consider me finished with this topic, because we all know that neither those that love american cars, nor those that love their european cars will ever change their opinion so this arguement is rather pointless...

RC45
02-18-2007, 05:42 PM

I actually just know alot of wealthy guys with some amazing cars as well as some people in the motor industry that get me rides in some of the finest cars out there!
The best I've got in my garage is a porsche...hardly something to write home about. And consider me finished with this topic, because we all know that neither those that love american cars, nor those that love their european cars will ever change their opinion so this arguement is rather pointless...

No - dont run away yet... ;)

What Porsche do you have again?

racingfreak
02-19-2007, 02:27 AM
No - dont run away yet...

Its a 996 Carrera 4S...but I wish it was a 993 Turbo S :D

nthfinity
02-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Where's brembo :P

Im here dont worry honey..... :D

The reason for my non replying was drinking on friday night and a comp crash on saturday, but up and running again thank you very much.... :D

Fair enough

I see you have posted a now locked "cry me a river" thread to get sympathy for not everyone agreing with you...
No, I could care less for simpathy, nor people agreeing with me; but, I am just asking you bring your issues with me to me, rather then accuse me of lying w/out any evicence to back up your claim, and plenty to back up mine.

But since TT did the right thing and locked that thread I will not repsond to such, but it sure underline my question if you have lived a cusioned life, thanks for doing that btw..... :wink:
He felt it would turn into some internet fight, and it possibly would, but not by my doings. You are ethically bankrupt here, yet still avoid providing any evicence of your claim.

So to your "proofs" I have not said what you are saying are not true, but there are no way of knowing...
You show us some pictures of people in the industry...
Dani have posted pictures of him with most of the F1 people, shumi and so on.....does this mean he are tight with them...NO....
Does dani meet with them on a weekly basis? I don't know... but I know that I do. Ask everso if it's a possiblity. I had dinner not long ago with GM's no. 2 Designer, and a little later, had dinner with the boys at SVT and Roush.... well, a few of them anyway. I literally live in the same neighborhood as some of these people, or within a 30-40 minute drive... hence the weekends that I go out and meet with these guys (notice i'm rarely on JW during the w/e) and come back posting some interesting news... I guess I must be making this up too :roll:

By your standards, I may not have a camera, have seen a vector; let alone gone to 147 mph in one, not driven 2 ford GT's, or a Shelby GT500, or Cobra, or NSX, or STi, or etc. etc. etc. since I must get my photos and video from other people, and be a "Donnie" type character, or Krazy Hawaiian even :roll:

You show us some bussines cards hell I can show you alot of bussines cards too doesnt mean shit....
At the very least, it shows that I have met them, and have the ability to phone them up at will, does it not? [/quote]

You show us pictures of great cars in a garage, so have alot of the people on JW done it doesnt mean they are tight with them either..... Who's taken photos of a garage with that many car's exotic's here? Is it a private garage? Is it a "museum" ? I haven't seen any member's posting a garage full of 48 cars (at that time, its now close to 70... with about 10 cars outside the state) I am "tight" with this guy, He lives only a bike ride away (of the petal persuasion)

Its not that I dont belive you nthfinity, but I dont say "ok I do not agree, but it must be true since its nthfinity who says so" everytime you post something....
Try and wrap your head around that please.....
I can understand you not having the same opinion on a subject in the same manner that both you and I can read a news paper article, and have vastly different opinions on it.

This is NOT a case of that. This is a case of you accusing me of lying, and making up the stories which I have presented here. Point me one single location where I have not brought credible information.

Keep watching, and you'll see me end up being right, just like I have been the last 3 years. I am a conduit in which this story gets told on a larger level then simply person to person.

Opinions are far different from facts, you have attempted to inject a fog into the casual reader's mind to the difference between the two. You have failed miserably at trying to discredit these posts.

On me contributing on JW......hmmm didnt know one had agree with you to be contributing, I am active on JW, I am a donating memeber and have been since the start of dontaing....
There you go again, seeing no difference between facts an opinion. It has nothing to do with agreeing with me.

Here, I'll give you an example so your seemingly puny brain can comprehend.
Opinion
Jeremy Clarkson must be an idiot.
Fact
Jeremy Clarkson unknowingly activated his credit-card sized pocket alarm system time and time again, even while driving. He then wanted a buy-back from Ford.

I just happen to not be one of your buddies..
Thats not contributing to JW in your eyes of course, but guess what I really dont care..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Bring it to me, instead of falsely labeling me a liar without any evidence besides your own opinion.

I know it must be hard to read that for you....

on discrediting you in a way where no one would be beliving what you say, thanks for the compliment but me saamero and dani doesnt hold the powers to brainwash and implent our toughts into others head, neither have you btw.
Dani was a mistake to include in that thread.

Sameer is another story. I never said you were brainwashing me. I simply expect you to bring to the table any evidence that I was lying, or making up this story rather then simply accuse me of lying. Obviously, this is too much to ask from the likes of either of you.

I just say what I see, and that is you have gone out of your way to discredit JC after the DVD came out, I do not agree that JC are a mediocre driver with the car control he obviously have and so on....

It doesn't take a genious to see that Jeremy Clarkson is largly seen as what he is. When 40 out of 47 voters see Clarkson as something besides an auto Journalist with integrety, or the view to trust (http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47406&start=20) maybe it's you who has been mislead.

but by all means keep up the slander, you do it well as long as no one responds....
The libel here is against me, and I'm standing up to it, while you expect me to roll over and play dead? You've got another thing coming.

Ask everso, T-bird, graywolf, vansquish, garrets_turbo, blacktransws6, r2r... T-bird can even tell you the difference between even a year ago, and now as to how good my connections have become. Your argument failed before it started for these reasons

-You have no reasonable claim to support your assertation of your defamation of my character
- No evidence of past falsification of stories
- No character evidence
- No contradicting evidence
- You simply skip right to the name calling, and libel. An obvious sign of somebody with no argument. Even the like's of Mattk knows that.

Oh just for the record this is the internet so some things are not that easy to get across, but I have nothing personal against you....[/quote]

RC45
02-22-2007, 07:23 PM
No - dont run away yet...

Its a 996 Carrera 4S...but I wish it was a 993 Turbo S :D

Nice - JW is a no BullShit zone, so we back such claims up with images and proof positive ;)

Pokiou
02-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Isnt the Point of Top Gear Average guys driving super cars and writing talking about there opinions..

If clarkson is a crap driver and is able to hold a race car driver in a lambo while driving a Evo and his an average guy ... that.. to me is impressive.

His input about cars are real...

i had a 1990 180sx.. The stuff used in the car is cheap early 1990's technology it was crap.. cloth that is used to carry potato's in the back of a horse carriage. Plastic all over.. but... regardless of that.. It was a fantastic car to drive. awsome handling nice sound..

and thats what clarkson does, gives a honest average Joe's opinion. Liking it or not is upto you .. But coming on here and bitching about the guy is completly stupid and very childish.

what have we learnt:

JC is a Average Joe.
JC gives HIS own honest opinion
JC is a average driver
JC Has his tv show which non of us do.
JC doesnt care what you and me think of him.

Pok

nthfinity
02-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Hey there you came back finaly... :D

I have said it several times it might be so that you are hanging around with these guys, but I do not agree with you on everything you say just because you have contacts with these people....
I'm not asking for agreeing as to my interpretation of the facts. You also accused me of it being possible that I don't in fact know these guys... starting to see the err of your ways?

Lets try this again
Opinion
I don't like Ice
Fact
Water freezes at 32 F/ 0 C / 273 K

I think its great that you bring info from that part of the industry you have gotten me wrong Im just saying I do not take everything you say as facts just because its coming from you as you have a biased view on cars just as you accuse me of having.....
My bias? My bias is that I enjoy performance over luxury, and fact over opinion. Like the fact that 99% of aluminum interior trim is actually plastic ;) LOL. Opinions would go towared saying "my plastic is nicer then yours. LOL

I will still keep my right to not agree with you and not agree with what you say just because its coming from you, and all the Jezza "hating" you have come up with after the DVD makes me and others belive you try and discredit him in everyway you can so the next time he say something that you dont agree with as he doesnt love crappy interiors and so on you can say "what does Clarckson know, he cant drive and are an idiot"....
my so-called "jezza hating" started LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before the new DVD was released. LOL funny how you only associate these stories with it... considering I only started making my "in" with the ford guys in the last 6 months, its more conisidence then anything else.

Seriously tho, Is it so hard to believe that Jeremy is a pompus asshat who is extremely enjoyable to watch?

pretty much the same as you accuse me of doing to you....its a bitch aint it... :wink:
you see, I am simply using your previous posts and noting them as my evidence of my accusations. You have entirely failed at that, and also fail to see the humor of using absurdity to display the point. I suppose its a lost art?

Where did I directly accuse you of lying btw,and where did I skip to name calling.....? Maybe I'm reaching when you say that I made the story up, and that logically equates to calling me a liar. I don't think I'm reaching.

and for the record I dont think you are anyhting even close to a "donnie" dude....but I must say I have alot of fun with you even with my puny brain.... :lol: hmm who said name calling.....I think you have called me more names in this thread than I have called you.....

I hope you see the difference between fact, and opinion. This isn't about agreeing, nor disagreeing. I don't get rolled over by some [insert name] thinking that there is no way that what I'm posting is true, fact, or otherwise. It is below the belt, ignorant, libel, unevidenciary. You can't simply accuse somebody without the reason to back your claim up.

I've backed mine up.

nthfinity
02-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Isnt the Point of Top Gear Average guys driving super cars and writing talking about there opinions..

Agreed

If clarkson is a crap driver and is able to hold a race car driver in a lambo while driving a Evo and his an average guy ... that.. to me is impressive.
have you ever done track driving? Also, that 400 hp evo weighs less then the Murciealgo, and ultimately, weight has a lot to do with track abilities.

His input about cars are real...
sometimes

i had a 1990 180sx.. The stuff used in the car is cheap early 1990's technology it was crap.. cloth that is used to carry potato's in the back of a horse carriage. Plastic all over.. but... regardless of that.. It was a fantastic car to drive. awsome handling nice sound..
WTF? who cares? go write a review in the JW review section

and thats what clarkson does, gives a honest average Joe's opinion. Liking it or not is upto you .. But coming on here and bitching about the guy is completly stupid and very childish.
LMAO at thinking Jezza is average joe LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL HE doesn't even try to come accross as "joe" except in absurdity and jest.

what have we learnt:

???

JC is a Average Joe.
Far from it... in fact, he never was, even as a child.

JC gives HIS own honest opinion
I would argue he gives his honest bias You are in the 7 of 47 poll minority there d00d. ;)

JC is a average driver

He's likely better then average, far from good

JC Has his tv show which non of us do.
he's a great TV personality, he worked from the ground up to where he is now, and has earned his place in automotive pop culture

JC doesnt care what you and me think of him.

Pok
don't care, and I'm just bringing Jabbasworld the story behind the well known stories.

nthfinity
02-23-2007, 09:40 PM
as I have long been saying, I am who I say I am, and know who I say I know ;)

this topic has run it's course

nthfinity
02-23-2007, 11:36 PM
as I have long been saying, I am who I say I am, and know who I say I know ;)

this topic has run it's course

Yes you might do that, and from what I know you do, but dont expect me to agree with everything you say just because.... :wink:

now it have run its course....

:| :?

again, I'm not asking for agreeing with my opinions. Maybe something is lost in translation. But when i bring stories, they are the word of those who are the absolute authority one way or another.

The vector posts i started making nearly a year ago... notice how much "trouble" that stirred up, yet it ends up being me who is right, and they all took note. Some people haven't... time and time again...
C6 SS bottom end issues... you heard it here first (and possibly only here)
V6 Solstice confirmed here, and only here... as a one off prototype, and not a production car, nor future production car
300 hp turbo solstice GXP in 2008... heard it here first
Baja Truck.... heard it here first

the list goes on and on with no falshoods, streatches, or outright lies.

nthfinity
02-24-2007, 04:41 PM
again, I'm not asking for agreeing with my opinions. Maybe something is lost in translation. But when i bring stories, they are the word of those who are the absolute authority one way or another.

Well I highly doubt that your sources are the "absolute authority" on if JC can drive or not, or if he is an total asshole or not, or if he are an idiot when hes not happy with his car.....they are one side of the story he are the other....

the are the absolute athorities on what happened in thier interactions with Jezza. So far, 3/3 say he's an asshole that I've met. I haven't met him. You already heard the other side of the story on Top gear, thanks to my buddies, you have heard another side.