PDA

View Full Version : Car Buying Time!

corvette97
01-13-2007, 04:00 PM
After some time waiting im finally getting my self a "new" car...a used 2004 silver subaru impreza wrx with 20,000 KMS on the clock... for just 16500 usd$ this is a sweet deal... 04 wrx with 40k miles in the us can cost up to 20k usd$. A friend of mine got it yesterday, he'll sell it to me in a month...same price. yesterday he called me "what kind of tint do you want on the car?"... i was so happy...today im going to test drive it.. its a UK spec car just like dingo's one... same original wheels and all mint condition, smells like new also!!

i'll miss my car though, i think im too attached to that car, but changes are always cool. i wish that i could keep it... maybe when im older i'll find it and buy it back! its been fun time!

and my mom didnt end up buying the FX45 i asked some time ago about here. we'll wait until the CX-9 comes in march. we where really close to buying a used 2004 525i but mom didnt wanted a sedan so we'll wait...

thats a one bad ass SUV nice interior and all well get it platinum grey with black interior... :D

im soooooo happy after some years dreaming, i'll have some new toys

just wanted to share with you all hehe :D

ViperASR
01-13-2007, 04:03 PM
cool, cant wait to see the pics of the wrx when you get it.

TopGearNL
01-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Congrats! :D

Hope to see pics very soon!

thepest
01-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Congrats m8, have fun and we're waiting for some pics/video. :wink:

sameerrao
01-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Congrats - The Wrex is a great car. I am sure you will have fun

dingo
01-14-2007, 06:26 PM
You won't be able to leave it stock for long, 230hp in a 4-door sedan just isn't enough once you get used to it......but then again either is 400+ after 3 weeks... :twisted:

Congrats, make sure you post up photos ASAP. :D

corvette97
01-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Yep - the WRX is a very nice car... and I'm sure you'll really enjoy it! :D

Are you planning to mod it as Dingo did - updating his posts with the new modifications? :wink:

Yesterday i took it to the streets 10 pm no cars, curves and straights all alone for me...

I had a smile from ear to ear...

and yes i will make simple mods but not as as often as dingo:wink:, will make like a diary or something :wink:

You won't be able to leave it stock for long, 230hp in a 4-door sedan just isn't enough once you get used to it......but then again either is 400+ after 3 weeks... Twisted Evil

Congrats, make sure you post up photos ASAP. Very Happy

well one thing is for sure, if i dont move my ass i wont be able to mod it haha, but yes... a few mods are considered in my budget (Exhaust, STI aero parts)

maybe you guys can help me...

yesterday i noticed some things...

i have been in a Prodrive tuned uk spec STI and it felt great, fast, power anytime...

i have driven a bug eye impreza with a catted DP and Greddy Cat back, but in compare to the one im buying it felt faster... the turbo comes until like 3500 rpm or 4000 rpm, while in the bug eye it came always in 3000 rpm, correct me if im wrong but with less backpressure the turbo spins sooner right??

soo is the turbo lag normal in the stock impreza?? also the car has been parked for 6 months and the 20k service hasnt been performed yet... also the engine oil is dirty? is it normal?
[/quote]

TNT
01-15-2007, 02:20 AM
congrats on the deal. can't wait for pics.

corvette97
01-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Brembo:

Compared to my car's oil, the subbies oil looks very very dark. mine kinda looks like more brownish

Mattk
01-16-2007, 10:03 PM
A friend of mine got it yesterday, he'll sell it to me in a month...same price.

What!?! No discount for depreciation? The tinting is not going to be worth as much as the depreciation. Nevertheless, seems like a pretty decent price.

Have fun with the car. :)

corvette97
01-17-2007, 12:17 AM
Thanks Mattk!!!

with proper depreciation here in guatemala the car is worth 17500 usd, he got it because i dont have the cash yet, so he got the car until i have the money thats 1 month so since he is doing me a favor i wont calcute a 1 month worth of depreciation :D

Mattk
01-17-2007, 03:02 AM
Ah, I see. So it's a bit cheaper than it would ordinarily be anyway. Good stuff. :)