PDA

View Full Version : Hammond's crash to be shown this TG season

Stoopie
01-05-2007, 02:48 PM
The car crash in which Top Gear host Richard Hammond got severely injured, is to be shown this month on the television. His co-host Jeremy Clarkson confirmed this to the British newspaper The Sun, which he works for as a writer. "Half the world wants to see the crash, so I'm sure we'll put it in the show."

Last september, 37-year old Hammond got severe braindamage and was suffering from memory-loss for two weeks, after crashing while testing a jet-powered car at 450 km/h. Hammond was immediately transferred to the hospital. Now the Top Gear host is fully recoverd, he can't wait to go back to work.

Clarkson says it's likely that the crash will be shown in the first show of the new season. The most curious one is mr. Hammond himself, he says. "Richard hasn't got a clue what actually happened to him and he can't wait to see it." Top Gear's new season airs at January 28th on BBC 2.

ViperASR
01-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Yea, speculation is that there will be a special episode featuring the crash before the season starts

martin100
01-05-2007, 03:05 PM
^ That would be very nice :D

Stoopie
01-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Yea, speculation is that there will be a special episode featuring the crash before the season starts

Hm not too sure about that. Clarkson just stated this yesterday, so I think there won't be a special episode about it, but there ofcourse will be a special item in the show.

ViperASR
01-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I think that the week before the actual season is there will be a special on the crash. That is just what I heard on the internet, and obviously everything you read on the internet is true :roll:

TopGearNL
01-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Good news this, at least they can see the humour in it! :D

acmarttin
01-05-2007, 06:09 PM
I think that the week before the actual season is there will be a special on the crash. That is just what I heard on the internet, and obviously everything you read on the internet is true :roll:

Yes, everything IS true. And I will also be re-enacting the crash with my personal jet-dragster and stunt double a week before the season aires, also.[/b]

Stoopie
01-05-2007, 07:04 PM
^ I guess you've already seen this vid of Hammond's crash then..

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=7992996179798417145&q=hamster+crash

:mrgreen:

TopGearNL
01-05-2007, 08:27 PM
^ I guess you've already seen this vid of Hammond's crash then..

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=7992996179798417145&q=hamster+crash

:mrgreen:

Seen that so often its not even funny even more :|

Stoopie
01-06-2007, 05:01 AM
^ I still think it's funny though :P

racer_f50
01-06-2007, 05:21 AM
For sure. I think all 3 of the presenters being men helps this, especially those 3. It would be surprising if Hammond hadn't already watched the footage, but hearing his reaction to it will be very interesting :)

ViperASR
01-06-2007, 01:54 PM
well remember what he said in the interview about if any of them died on the show they would say something and then just be like "anyway,..."

TopGearNL
01-06-2007, 02:26 PM
For sure. I think all 3 of the presenters being men helps this, especially those 3. It would be surprising if Hammond hadn't already watched the footage, but hearing his reaction to it will be very interesting :)

Yep exactly! They see the humour in everything :D

A different story would be if he had died in the crash...

For sure, but he's still here so lets see it :lol:

cooperluke
01-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Hum, let's see how they do that.... I bet they will blame it on Hamsters bad driving... something like he wasn't tall enough to reach the brake pedal!! :D :D