PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Jaguar C-XF Concept

LEXION
01-04-2007, 12:03 PM
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/cxf07_04.jpg http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/cxf07_12.jpg http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/cxf07_eng.jpg http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/cxf07_int.jpg http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/cxf07_07.jpg http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/cxf07_02.jpg

Engine
Type: Supercharged V8
Displacement cu in (cc): 256 (4196)
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 420(313) / 6250
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 413(560) / 4000

Brakes & Tires
Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
Driveline: Rear Wheel Drive

The C-XF Signals a New Era for Jaguar

The C-XF concept car is a stunning, four-door sports saloon which blends design purity with unmistakable dynamism and is a clear indication of the design direction that the next generations of Jaguar saloons will take.

Designed by the same teams that produced the award-winning Jaguar XK sports GT range in 2005 – headed by Jaguar Director of Design Ian Callum and Head of Advanced Design Julian Thomson – the C-XF concept is a precursor to cars that will become recognized for their ground-breaking exterior looks and innovative interiors.

As a striking interpretation of the design values that are the bedrock of every great Jaguar, the C-XF is wholly contemporary yet succeeds in paying homage to its renowned predecessors.

Exterior Design

Set into the front of the C-XF is a bold and aggressive grille finished in black chrome. Recessed deeply into the body rather than sitting flush with the surface, the visual effect is similar to that of an air intake on a jet engine and serves as a reminder that directly behind is a sophisticated and powerful 4.2-litre supercharged V8 engine.

The headlamps which evolve the twin-lamp motif seen on previous Jaguars into a single slim wedge, are narrow and angular. They bring an air of aggression to the C-XF’s profile, while between the lamps a blue streak of light reveals an almost cat-like iris when illuminated. Subtly etched below the lenses is a unique ‘tattoo’ design showing an abstract Jaguar leaper logo – a tattoo that is repeated in the treadplates of the door sills and in the tread of the bespoke Pirelli tires that surround the 21-inch machined, polished aluminum wheels.

Running backwards from the nose of the C-XF is the main feature line of the car – an unbroken shoulder that flows beneath the cabin glassline and into the haunch over the rear wheel. It is this feature, a modern interpretation of renowned Jaguar sports saloons from history, that endows C-XF with its latent power. A similarly simple line can also be seen on the new XK range and is one of the design cues that will carry forward onto the next generation of Jaguars.

Interior Design

Design Director Ian Callum describes the cabin of the C-XF concept car as “one of the most exciting interiors Jaguar has ever done”. One glimpse of the inside of the four-seater is enough to understand why Callum has this view.

The emphasis is on tailored performance rather than pampered luxury and nowhere is that better demonstrated than in the lightweight, sculpted bucket-style front seats. Trimmed in semi-aniline leather (a specially dyed hide which ensures even coloration yet retains its softness) the seats are sports-styled yet also offer impressive comfort thanks to a deeply padded lumbar area with ventilation cavities. Twin individual bucket seats house the rear-seat passengers.

Between the seats runs a tall central transmission tunnel that gives the occupants a sense of sitting deep within a futuristic cockpit. One of the keys to any Jaguar interior is that occupants should feel as if they are enclosed in the car, not sitting on it. The C-XF’s interior cossets in just such a way, creating an inviting cabin for passengers to slip into, rather than surrounding them with bland, open space.

The focal point of the interior is a sweeping brushed aluminum facia that wraps around the cabin in a dynamic linear graphic that instills a sense of velocity. The counterpoint to the aluminum is a combination of leather and wood that takes detail of finish to a new level.

Innovation

Jaguar’s ethos on embracing new technologies that enhance the driver experience has long been that they should surprise, delight and inform, rather than impose themselves or bombard the user with excessive information or choice.

Visually coming to life when being started is one thing, but sensing the requirements of an occupant without physical touch is a further, significant leap forward again. The introduction of a new prototype technology, called JaguarSense, sees four sensors hidden within the doors react to the sweep of your hand as it passes over them. Once activated, the inner door handles – previously hidden – motor outwards ready to be used.

A fifth sensor, located in the facia, responds to the proximity of your hand to reveal an infotainment screen that lies flush within the aluminum front panel. The sequence continues with the centre section of the dashboard rotating 90 degrees to display an advanced Dual View screen which is capable of projecting two different images to the driver and passenger simultaneously. For example, the driver can view satellite-navigation instructions while the passenger watches a DVD-based movie.

Powertrain

Beneath the C-XF’s bonnet, further technical excellence is immediately apparent. The car is powered by an enhanced version of Jaguar’s renowned 4.2-litre supercharged V8 engine. Tuned to produce in excess of 420 bhp and 400 lb-ft of torque – the latter produced from very low revs – this proven powerplant and its six-speed automatic transmission with Jaguar Sequential Shift manual gearchange capability, deliver superb sporting performance. If C-XF were a production car, it would reach an electronically limited top speed of 155 mph, with the possibility of an unrestricted speed in excess of 180 mph.

McLaren4eVa
01-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Great info and pics but there's already a topic on this

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45765&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

LEXION
01-04-2007, 01:01 PM
oh yeah, mine has different format of news.....

BTW: it looks so damn angry, forst time I saw it , I tought it was an American Muscle car.....

HeilSvenska
01-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah. This Gorgeous knows a Racing Heart.

mevistox5
01-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Looks very agressive. I wonder at which group of customers it's targeted

Nico

McLaren4eVa
01-04-2007, 05:42 PM
oh yeah, mine has different format of news.....

BTW: it looks so damn angry, forst time I saw it , I tought it was an American Muscle car.....

Yeah i know, it's my new wallpaper and it's good to see jaguar/ford taking some risks with their design philosify.

saadie
01-04-2007, 05:45 PM
ugly yet beautifull :| .. i like it ... awsome concept .. and the best part is .. it looks fairly realistic 8)

Stoopie
01-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Give me one! I can't believe they actually are going to give it such a modern interior! I like it :D

McLaren4eVa
01-04-2007, 05:53 PM
^^ As like most jag concepts it isn't going to made especially the interior but the exterior is going to influence future design.

TopGearNL
01-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Beautiful car I love it!

The headlight give me a Seat feeling but who cares!

I'd have one! The supercharged V8 one please :mrgreen:

saadie
01-04-2007, 08:31 PM
hey ... thats what concepts are all about :mrgreen:

chest3r
01-04-2007, 10:53 PM
^^ Yahh but it doesn't really look like a Jag. Anyway it looks damn aggressive 8)

rave426
01-05-2007, 12:08 AM
I think it looks fantastic.

May be too much for a Jag for some, but looking at the situation the Jag is in, they need something new and inovative.

This is it!!!!

The only deal is that if it is produced Jag will put a crazy price tag of near 100K and nobody will buy the shit. The only way it will do well if its no more than 80K.

If its more than that well lets see - a Jag that will be worthless in a few years or a BMW M5 or CLS63 with 500hp or a second hand Masa Quatroportte with a Ferrari V8. Jag loses in all situations IMO.

yg60m
01-05-2007, 04:24 AM
Actual retro design isn't a success for Jaguar so I think it's what they had to do : futuristic concept : I like it :D

Stoopie
01-05-2007, 05:24 AM
^^ As like most jag concepts it isn't going to made especially the interior but the exterior is going to influence future design.

As always, forgot it was a concept :lol: thought it was production already :oops: Well I hope they keep the interior anyway ;)

ae86_16v
01-05-2007, 06:08 AM
Not bad. . . but I think the front grill sits too far in.

davide
01-05-2007, 08:53 AM
This is what Jaguar needs! A new and radical design!
I'd buy one today if I was the group of target, looks awesome!

Keep it up Jaguar! :good:

gucom
01-05-2007, 09:07 AM
after having seen those first pics a couple of weeks ago, when i saw this topic my puke bag was on stand-by... but it actually looks pretty darn good imo :D the only thing is, i like the front for its agression, i like the rear for its class... i'm not sure how well they mix though :?

Z3uS
01-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the pics.

Interesting concept.

gucom
01-05-2007, 11:49 AM
yeah i'm more convinced now having seen these extra pics :) the only thing i don't particularly like is the interior (mainly the seats, the simply dont look comfy in any way), but that'll never survive in the transition to a road car :) altho i like the dials with the needles starting at the top and turning counter-clockwise :P

TopGearNL
01-05-2007, 12:01 PM
God I love that car!

If you turn the ignition (or maybe press the Start button!) a blue trim of light runs through the car! :D

stmoritzer
01-05-2007, 12:07 PM
don't know about the front
the lights look very angry, me likes (depending on how powerful the car is :wink:)
all in all a nice concept IMO :good:

ae86_16v
01-06-2007, 02:20 AM
Wow, the gauges are backwards ;) :

http://img144.imagevenue.com/loc412/th_05138_Jaguar_C_XF_Concept_2007_1600x1200_wallpa per_26_122_412lo.jpg (http://img144.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc412&image=05138_Jaguar_C_XF_Concept_2007_1600x1200_wal lpaper_26_122_412lo.jpg)

dutchmasterflex
01-06-2007, 05:07 AM
That grill is hideous.. would be nice if it matched the rest of the car's lines.

MUS911
01-06-2007, 06:25 AM
she looks like so angry :twisted:

Sir_GT
01-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Actually, from the side profile... the rear end is pure DB9. :lol:

Ian Callum... one dimensional, but at least it's a good dimension. :lol:

TopGearNL
01-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Wow, the gauges are backwards ;) :

http://img144.imagevenue.com/loc412/th_05138_Jaguar_C_XF_Concept_2007_1600x1200_wallpa per_26_122_412lo.jpg (http://img144.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc412&image=05138_Jaguar_C_XF_Concept_2007_1600x1200_wal lpaper_26_122_412lo.jpg)

Thats very cool!

fsandys
01-09-2007, 11:22 AM
^ Why would those be the C-XF??

It's only a concept, plus, it looks nothing like it to me.

TopGearNL
01-09-2007, 11:55 AM
I think it does look like the C-XF!

TopGearNL
01-09-2007, 12:38 PM
^ Why would those be the C-XF??

It's only a concept, plus, it looks nothing like it to me.

I've just noticed these pics are from Winding Roads - may be there's just a regular Mondeo under the camo... :P :D

Maybe they're on the same platform? :bah:

TopGearNL
01-09-2007, 12:57 PM
^ if the new Mondeo is based on the Iosis Conept - then yes... both concepts are pretty much the same.

I was refering to a 1998 regular Mondeo under the Winding Road camo :P :P

LOL I get it :lol:

HeilSvenska
01-11-2007, 04:30 AM
According to the Leftlanenews, which took the news from M16, the Jaguar XF will be the next Bond car. Which is sad because that'll just confirm Ford's selling of Aston Martin. Unless Aston makes a deal of its own with EON. Anyways, it's still very speculative. Perhaps nothing but a rumor.

Firdosh7747
02-06-2007, 01:37 PM
this would b a good competition with the LF-A .. Eh?

Bernardo
02-07-2007, 05:21 PM
awesome!!
i just hope it ill look like exactly the same as the concept!! :twisted:

McLaren4eVa
02-08-2007, 05:49 AM
^^^^ Hmm id if does then Jeremy Clarkson would have to 'cut his leg off and beat himself to death it with it'. Remember he sais something similar about the astra looking like the concept and ended up eating his own hair.

blue8
03-10-2007, 10:33 AM
I think it looks very sleek from the rear... but the front blah!

TopGearNL
03-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the production pics Dani!

Love its design but not to sure about the front, then again all the current cars in that class have a bit of a funny front..

blue8
03-17-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure if this has been posted before... anyway click the link for supercool pictures 8) This is honestly the best I've seen it!

http://www.automobilemag.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0704_2007_jaguar_cxf_concept/