PDA

View Full Version : TVR up for sale again

vexor
01-02-2007, 05:01 PM
http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Small/TVR/tvr_t350c_2002_01_b.jpg

It looks like the TVR saga – at least in its current form – is coming to an end. Administrators have been called in after the company ran out of funds and it’s now up for sale. Plans were disclosed in October to move production abroad, and we even reported that Italy’s Bertone had been picked as the production partner. Despite this, two days before Christmas, TVR didn’t even have enough money to pay its staff.

The new administrators are actively seeking buyers for TVR, and are confident it’ll be sold. TVR was founded in 1947, and is Britain’s largest independent sports carmaker. The firm was bought by Russian entrepreneur Nikolai Smolensky in 2004, but has faced several difficulties such as poor build quality and high labour costs. We hope that the new buyer will be able to inject some much-needed capital into TVR so it can continue building its crazy creations.
- MotorAuthority.com

Stoopie
01-02-2007, 05:04 PM
What happened, the Russian guy ran out of money? :(

TopGearNL
01-02-2007, 05:15 PM
What happened, the Russian guy ran out of money? :(

Probably..

Should never have sold it :x

McLaren4eVa
01-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Simple, tell ford to buy it. Oh no wait that isn't such a good a idea.

Stoopie
01-02-2007, 05:55 PM
You know I think it would help of TVR actually had some dealerships...

http://www.tvr-eng.co.uk/dealerlocator.php

They have 11 worldwide.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG, talking about stupid british ppl :P Why is Holland not drawn the way it is LOL :P

dons5
01-02-2007, 06:22 PM
Ya i thought some young rich guy just bought it. Guess he wasnt rich enough. Not to mention i barely h eard of TVR after this guy bought it. They should get an Italian group to buy it and make crazy Italian cars like back in the day, keeop the TVR theme crazy cars, the Italians can do this for sure.

TopGearNL
01-02-2007, 07:10 PM
^ why not? look at Aston Martin. Now they offer 3 fabulous GTs - V8 Vantage, DB9 and Vanquish, they have a 4-door coupe in the works, they've succeeded in GT racing... and where was Aston before Ford money came in? selling the DB7... only? :wink:

Yep true! :D

Not a bad idea!

OMG, talking about stupid british ppl Razz Why is Holland not drawn the way it is LOL

What about Spyker then? :wink:

Stoopie
01-03-2007, 06:59 AM
OMG, talking about stupid british ppl Razz Why is Holland not drawn the way it is LOL

What do you mean?

*edit: Just looked at the dealerships of Spyker, they have just LOADS of 'em in the US compared to Europe :P

yg60m
01-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Sad news :? I really like TVRs, they are different but I suppose reliability is a problem ...

TopGearNL
01-03-2007, 01:36 PM

What do you mean?

*edit: Just looked at the dealerships of Spyker, they have just LOADS of 'em in the US compared to Europe :P

Us and Europe, but anywhere else?

We were talking globally..

Sir_GT
01-03-2007, 04:21 PM

What do you mean?

You only need to "sell" in the US to make good money.

Look at Lotus now...

mevistox5
01-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Well things at Lotus are going that great either. Sales in the US and Europe have dropped. They had to lay off about 400 people I think last november.

The new Europa isn't selling as they had expected, either. They are in gigantic need for new performance models. The new Espirit due in 2009 is a bit late, but in 2008 a 2+2 seater is expected. Rumours are it's called Lotus Eagle.

TopGearNL
01-03-2007, 05:18 PM

What do you mean?

Look at Lotus now...

True but the world is bigger then JUST the Us.

If you really want it to work it should be strongly represented on all continents..

dm_h_2007
01-03-2007, 05:25 PM

What do you mean?

Look at Lotus now...

If you really want it to work it should be strongly represented on all continents..

The USA is the largest consumer of EVERYTHING, especially expensive things! The USA with a population of only 300 million buy's 2/3rds of the world’s diamonds. There is no more important market for anything than the USA.

I doubt there is a single car maker in the world, especially BMW and Toyota that could stay in business even 1 day without the sales from America.

TopGearNL
01-03-2007, 05:32 PM

What do you mean?

Look at Lotus now...

The USA is the largest consumer of EVERYTHING, especially expensive things! The USA with a population of only 300 million buy's 2/3rds of the world’s diamonds. There is no more important market for anything than the USA.

I doubt there is a single car maker in the world, especially BMW and Toyota that could stay in business even 1 day without the sales from America.

Thats true, never said it wasn't...

Im just saying that its not all about America :roll:

dm_h_2007
01-03-2007, 05:37 PM

What do you mean?

Look at Lotus now...

Sorry I just get tired of all the America bashing. People always going on about how much better German cars, Japanese cars are than American etc. But the truth is Americans are buying WAY, WAY, WAY more BMW's than Germany and the rest of Europe put together. Germany's is making great cars primarily to sell to Americans! So I feel like saying thanks for that guys but the only reason you are able to make such great cars is because that’s what we want and pay you for!

TopGearNL
01-03-2007, 05:40 PM

What do you mean?

Look at Lotus now...

Sorry I just get tired of all the America bashing. People always going on about how much better German cars, Japanese cars are than American etc. But the truth is Americans are buying WAY, WAY, WAY more BMW's than Germany and the rest of Europe put together. Germany's is making great cars primarily to sell to Americans! So I feel like saying thanks for that guys but the only reason you are able to make such great cars is because that’s what we want and pay you for!

LOL! you just keep going on don't you...

I never said anything that bashed america! I just said that its not ALL about America, the biggest part is! But not all...

dm_h_2007
01-03-2007, 05:43 PM

What do you mean?

Look at Lotus now...

I never said anything that bashed america! I just said that its not ALL about America, the biggest part is! But not all...

Yeah I didn't mean you spicificly. Just in general on this board, on Top Gear, in Clarkson's terrible new video. I'm sure you know what I mean.

TopGearNL
01-03-2007, 05:45 PM

What do you mean?

Look at Lotus now...

Yeah I didn't mean you spicificly. Just in general on this board, on Top Gear, in Clarkson's terrible new video. I'm sure you know what I mean.

No ok then we cool..

I understand. Hey Im one the 6 Europeans that actually like the Vette :wink:

HeilSvenska
01-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Ahahhahahahhahahhaahahahaha.

RC45
01-04-2007, 01:28 PM

Cool - another patriot in the mass of barbarians.. ;) hehe

I understand. Hey Im one the 6 Europeans that actually like the Vette :wink:

This is true.. you are an important fan we have ;) hehe

BTW, I am sure I predicted the day SmallBuckski bought TVR it would be struggling within a few years.... ;)

TopGearNL
01-04-2007, 03:00 PM
This is true.. you are an important fan we have hehe

LOL thanks 8)

BTW, I am sure I predicted the day SmallBuckski bought TVR it would be struggling within a few years....

That does sound like you :wink: