PDA

View Full Version : Cornelius - Jap E-rock that blows away most of the new stuff

Sir_GT
12-13-2006, 04:50 AM
YouTube

YouTube

Either link should work. :)

Mattk
12-13-2006, 05:04 AM
Pretty good, but got a bit monotonous towards the end.

Sir_GT
12-13-2006, 05:07 AM
YouTube

Sir_GT
12-13-2006, 05:08 AM
Pretty good, but got a bit monotonous towards the end.

It's electronica-based. It's always like that. :) You wont get prog-rock style build ups with them. Try the recent link I posted.

Mattk
12-13-2006, 05:18 AM
Yeah, I quite like listening electronica, when I do, but that song had too much of the same riff and what's with those words?

Sir_GT
12-13-2006, 05:26 AM
They're in japanese. He's japanese. The japanese characters are actually representing the sound the beats are making. Basically Japanese characters have a specific "letter" for something that sounds like "Pow", and it's different from a "soft pow", and so on and so forth, while the english language only has POW!!! and pow...

Which is why the video is incredibly clever. He's visualized the sound he was making. :)

Try this one too: YouTube

Same guy... I'm listening to everything he's got that I can find. Apparently his CD is a Japan-only release. :)

Sir_GT
12-13-2006, 07:26 AM
I must be sick or something - but I read "Jag E-type that blows away most of the new stuff"... and wondered why the hell was the Jaguar! :P :D :oops:

Hmmm... weak, the force was? :lol:

TopGearNL
12-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Its ok :D

Sir_GT
12-13-2006, 05:06 PM
Same guy... I'm listening to everything he's got that I can find. Apparently his CD is a Japan-only release. :)

Cornelius has LOTS of albums....you can find pretty much all of them here in the US....most of them are on Matador Records, an indie label based here in the US.

Oooh! Thanks for the info! Now I can actually order them! :lol: