PDA

View Full Version : Porsche vs Tollbooth at 100mph

philip
11-22-2006, 11:38 PM
A Porsche 911 crash into a tollbooth at 100mph from November 1 has made it to Fazed.com. Is it old news. I didn't find it in a search.

RC45
11-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Am I missing the images or link in the post?

philip
11-23-2006, 01:50 AM
Since I found this on a non car site, I thought everyone knew about it already.

Here is the link.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=440412

Do not view the photos which are not displayed. A tollboth is designed to be unforgiving, a terrible loss of a great car and a beautiful young women.

Daggernite
11-23-2006, 02:10 AM
Wow thats pretty graphic, its a real shame :(. But maybe this is the obvious outcome of a 18 yearold girl disrespecting a 911. Its unbelieve just how bad her face has been removed. :(

5vz-fe
11-23-2006, 02:18 AM
100mph, 18 yr old + 911, 20 yr old + Civic + alcohol.............sounds like the right formula for accident.

bmagni
11-23-2006, 02:19 AM
extremely graphic !

RC45
11-23-2006, 02:19 AM
Well, anycar hitting a concrete wall at 100mph will look like that and so will the occupant/s.

All the comments about "if she was in a Camry that would not have happened" are a little bit of BS though.

I drive the toll way everyday, and I sit in the middle or right lane at 65mph in my Z06 being passed by all manners of Camry's and SUV's and Corollas and Civics etc - all speeding like mofos.. so to say people in econo cars don't speed is utter bullcrap.

5vz-fe
11-23-2006, 02:21 AM
Since I found this on a non car site, I thought everyone knew about it already.

Here is the link.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=440412

Do not view the photos which are not displayed. A tollboth is designed to be unforgiving, a terrible loss of a great car and a beautiful young women.

I made a mistake not to listen and click on the first pic, I regret everybit of it.

Regardless of what she have done in this present life has passed, may she rest in peace.

bmagni
11-23-2006, 02:30 AM
Well, anycar hitting a concrete wall at 100mph will look like that and so will the occupant/s.

All the comments about "if she was in a Camry that would not have happened" are a little bit of BS though.

I drive the toll way everyday, and I sit in the middle or right lane at 65mph in my Z06 being passed by all manners of Camry's and SUV's and Corollas and Civics etc - all speeding like mofos.. so to say people in econo cars don't speed is utter bullcrap.

maybe i "if she was in a Camry, the possibilities of this happening would have been slimer"

RC45
11-23-2006, 02:36 AM

maybe i "if she was in a Camry, the possibilities of this happening would have been slimer"

bullshit

a Camry can run 100mph down the toll road.. adn if yu arte drunk or impaired and wander across the lanes and hit the wall you die.

Period.

As I say, I witness MANY thousands of speeding econocars EVERY week... and have almost NEVER seen a Corvette, Viper, Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini weaving in and out of regular traffic...

bmagni
11-23-2006, 02:45 AM

bullshit

a Camry can run 100mph down the toll road.. adn if yu arte drunk or impaired and wander across the lanes and hit the wall you die.

Period.

As I say, I witness MANY thousands of speeding econocars EVERY week... and have almost NEVER seen a Corvette, Viper, Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini weaving in and out of regular traffic...

I agree with you, but speeding in a sports car is more tempting than speeding in a regular car, thats my point. Even more if you're 18, angry and maybe over-spoiled...

RC45
11-23-2006, 02:47 AM
I agree with you, but speeding in a sports car is more tempting than speeding in a regular car, thats my point. Even more if you're 18, angry and maybe over-spoiled...

But thats the part I am saying is not true.

You may think so because you dont drive a sports car, but as I say I see more econocars speeding than anything else.

Its the age and attitude 99% and the car 1%

I see 90hp Civics speeding in and out of traffic driven by 18 year olds

Mattk
11-23-2006, 02:55 AM
Do not view the photos which are not displayed.

They don't work anyway.

I agree with you, but speeding in a sports car is more tempting than speeding in a regular car, thats my point.

I wouldn't say "more tempting", but it's definitely easier. Nevertheless, like RC said, it's all about the attitude. A driver with a bad attitude will speed regardless of engine power.

bmagni
11-23-2006, 03:14 AM

But thats the part I am saying is not true.

You may think so because you dont drive a sports car, but as I say I see more econocars speeding than anything else.

Its the age and attitude 99% and the car 1%

I see 90hp Civics speeding in and out of traffic driven by 18 year olds

Not really, you may think so because you don't drive a econo car AND a sports car or maybe just because you're a well educated man and know that speeding in any car is dangerous and still you sometimes cruise @ 120 mph or go to play to the back roads, I don't think you'd do that in a civic. But most of the people who don't have the culture of driving safely and get the chance of driving an above the average car, speed.
Just do a simple question to regular people. If you had a sports car would you ? a: drive normaly or b: drive fast but cautiosly
Most people would answer b. But cautiosly doesn't mean that they'd certainly do it.
Yeah there are tons of civics, subarus, miatas and so out there speeding, but what's the percentage of owners who speed their civics, and whats the percentage of owners who speed their sports cars ?

Zot09
11-23-2006, 03:20 AM
I saw this on the E90 forums, which then took me to the AcuraZine forums. All I can say is that I hope this girl rests in peace. After viewing the pictures I truthfully lost my appetite. Stay safe everyone!

RC45
11-23-2006, 03:25 AM
Not really, you may think so because you don't drive a econo car AND a sports car or maybe just because you're a well educated man and know that speeding in any car is dangerous and still you sometimes cruise @ 120 mph or go to play to the back roads, I don't think you'd do that in a civic. But most of the people who don't have the culture of driving safely and get the chance of driving an above the average car, speed.
Just do a simple question to regular people. If you had a sports car would you ? a: drive normaly or b: drive fast but cautiosly
Most people would answer b. But cautiosly doesn't mean that they'd certainly do it.
Yeah there are tons of civics, subarus, miatas and so out there speeding, but what's the percentage of owners who speed their civics, and whats the percentage of owners who speed their sports cars ?
No really - you have it all wrong.

As I said I see THOUSANDs of speeding econocars every week - they all speed.. seeds range from 70 in a 65 to 80 and above.

The %age of sports car drivers that speed in regular traffic is very low. We actually have to entice each other to do it.. the reason is simple - if a cop sees 2 cars, a Porsche going 70 in a 65 and a Civic going 80 he will pull the Porsche over everytime.

The answer "most" people would give is wrong because they are not driving sports cars they are driving econcars and "think" they would speed because its easier.

The "speeding" is a factor of attitude more than car.

In her state and attitude the accident would most likely have happened in an econocar anyway.

I really need to camcorder a weeks worth of driving and make it into a movie special to show just how fucked up the econocar drivers are on the freeways.

Really ;)

bmagni
11-23-2006, 03:57 AM
As I said I see THOUSANDs of speeding econocars every week - they all speed.. seeds range from 70 in a 65 to 80 and above.

I too see many, and they speed wrecklessly.

The %age of sports car drivers that speed in regular traffic is very low. We actually have to entice each other to do it.. the reason is simple - if a cop sees 2 cars, a Porsche going 70 in a 65 and a Civic going 80 he will pull the Porsche over everytime.

wrong ! he wouldn't pull the Porsche cause you have a 10% tolerance and he ain't gone over it ;) :P

The answer "most" people would give is wrong because they are not driving sports cars they are driving econcars and "think" they would speed because its easier.

The "speeding" is a factor of attitude more than car.

There you go, its a redundant answer. You've always argued how sports cars mostly come with the "Starbucks, fanboy, rich boy, yuppie, attitude". I am certain that the speeding attitude is among those.

In her state and attitude the accident would most likely have happened in an econocar anyway.

I don't deny that, but chances are slimmer. If she did took the car without permission, what temptation would it have brought if it was a Camry ? Lets say she would have "stolen" it, but maybe she would't even had been able to speed the car that much.

RC45
11-23-2006, 04:24 AM
wrong ! he wouldn't pull the Porsche cause you have a 10% tolerance and he ain't gone over it ;) :P

There is no such things a "tolerance". There is however a thing called profiling ;)

philip
11-23-2006, 02:09 PM
The latest street racing fatality in Houston was a 14 year old girl, a passenger in a new VW beetle driven by a 15 year old with no licence.

If you can die street racing in a new VW Beetle, you can die in a Camray. But, if you die in a Porsche of Ferrari it shows up here.

If your a traffic patrol officer, whats your preference at ticket to a Camray or a ticket to RC in his Vette. You know you want to ticket RC, especially at 11 over.

Mattk
11-23-2006, 11:31 PM
I really need to camcorder a weeks worth of driving and make it into a movie special to show just how fucked up the econocar drivers are on the freeways.

Over here, it's mostly suburban housewives in their 4WDs. Last month, I was almost run off the road by some bitch in an X5.

But a lot of people with fast cars do like to accelerate from the lights really quickly, just to show off.

spanky
11-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Sad sad sad... Imagine the people who were there straight after to see if anyone survived in the 911. (not that u wouldnt have probably known already) But It'd make ya stomach turn for weeks I reckon. :(

Daggernite
11-24-2006, 12:30 AM
100mph in any car can cause a fatal crash, but maybe in a slower car she would have not reached that speed, at that point. It might have been diffrent... who knows for sure. Saying faster cars are not anymore dangerous than slower cars is incorrect, of course the risk has to be higher for a fatal crash of some degree. Ultimatly though, it is the driver that is the number one factor in fatal crash.

And I got to agree with one point RC made about it been the small eco cars that pose the most threat on the road. In towns and motorways in the UK, its the corsa's saxo's puntos 106's and so on that seem to be in a rush everywhere. There dangerous!! But you rarley see the big engined cars speeding or acting crazy. But then again, i never see a porsche with its spoiler down, so there the bad guys :P

P.S There is one small car that I always see been sensible, because only good drivers are attracted to these cars. The fiesta of course :P :D

5vz-fe
11-24-2006, 01:55 AM
I believe 911 spoilers can be manually controlled. :wink:

philip
11-24-2006, 11:58 AM
I wo n't say it but, if I did it would be "real 911's have spoilers that are fixed" Naw I wo n't say it.

Garretts_turbo
11-27-2006, 10:27 AM
pics are removed...although i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have liked them from what everyone says

TopGearNL
11-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Sad sad sad... Imagine the people who were there straight after to see if anyone survived in the 911. (not that u wouldnt have probably known already) But It'd make ya stomach turn for weeks I reckon. :(

Yeah it would, really sad :(

eraser
12-14-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm glad the links aren't working...because I would have had no warning about how bad they evidently were. Makes you think twice....or three times the next time you get behind the wheel.

McLarenboy
12-27-2006, 06:22 AM
me i just love reading about caraccidents involving young people, you have to realize i live in Belgium so high performance vehicles don't fall into the hands of teenagers here.

So reading about a guy who crashed his fiat panda into a house after going to a party and was killed instantly on impact is just fantastic :twisted:

Reading about a 18year old girl crashing a porsche... just a pinnacle, this just made my day!

I can never feel srry for these kind of drivers, actually i want to piss on those graves when they succeed in killing a few other people in the process. RIP? nono, burn in hell :lol:

Svensson
12-27-2006, 09:31 AM
McLarenboy, go get yourself a mental check-up.

komotar
12-27-2006, 10:26 AM
McLarenboy is an attention whore...nothing more.

I say he get's banned.

MartijnGizmo
12-27-2006, 11:18 AM

I just saw the pics, very nasty idd. But nasty accidents happen all over the world, on a daily base. I think it's a good thing we don't get to see all of them. :(

ViperASR
12-27-2006, 12:30 PM
^^^
yea, these are some pretty fucked up pics, I've seen some really nasty pictures of cars vs. motorcyles though through my work, and these come pretty close, but dont compare to some of the gore of those

Jabba
12-27-2006, 09:58 PM
I say he get's banned.

I say you're right, ***BANNED***

ViperASR
12-27-2006, 10:02 PM
I say he get's banned.

good call Jabba :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TopGearNL
12-27-2006, 10:08 PM
I say he get's banned.

:good:

That guy was just crazy :shock:

Shinigami
12-29-2006, 05:24 PM
That guy was a bit of a psycho, eh? I sense a very disturbed mind growing out of him in the future.