PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering (Paris - Dakar)

TT
01-04-2004, 07:02 PM
Uhm.. what about the prodtruck? it was there last year and I think it still is in 2004.. he did not to bad in 2003 :D

OT - This year I hope to see also a Bowler into the top 10 :D

SamuraiGti
01-05-2004, 11:11 PM
TT, the orange bowler that is in the Dakar, run 3rd in the Baja 500 Portalegre here in Portugal during the beggining of november. They had 2 of them, the orange and a grey.

To the Dakar they took the orange and a green. I think that they have motor and pilots to finish in the top 10.

The car is a little weird, it got Land Rover Defender front and another parts of it. Looks like a Prototype or something lol

The sound is nice and speed very good to.

I feel sorry to Carlos Sousa, I think if he does the Dakar this year he would get a place in the top 5 for shore.

antonioledesma
01-06-2004, 02:00 AM
I think americans don't really care for the dakar rally except when a crash is shown. Remember that americans have very BORING tracks (eggs, ovals, circles, drag racing tracks).
I like cart, but see for 250 laps the same... it's too much, that's why I don't watch the IRL

eies
01-06-2004, 03:12 AM
what about all the Baja races the yanks run ?

levensnevel
01-06-2004, 03:52 AM
As far As I know there is at least 1 Chevy which participates:
entry # 232 a Chevrolet Protruck driven by Eric Vigouroux (suppose that's a custombuilt car based, presumably, on a Blazer)
Currently, after stage 5, on the 33rd place 1 hr 22 minutes behind the leader (include a 1 hr time penalty)
Just check
http://www.dakar.com/2004/us/index.html
for the details of the race

SamuraiGti
01-06-2004, 08:54 AM
Yesterday that Chevrolet was having problems with the system of tire pressure.
I don't know if he lost much time because of that.

Ari Vatanen lost 5min because his car got to be "pushed" to box.

TT
01-06-2004, 11:30 AM
Yes they lost lot of time from what I saw... and Vatanen lost time because he had to change three tires

SamuraiGti
01-06-2004, 04:29 PM
I forgot to mention that. Another one with the problem of tire pressure and blew 3 tires, the fourth one they gone slowly lol and with a minor pressure in tires.

caugb
02-21-2004, 06:25 PM
Besides the Baja 1000 truck (that managed to finish the rally), the US-famous Larry Roeseller (50 something years old) raced also. This may bring America's attention.
They have plentyof money to invest. They only need some public interest. Wait and see.

Bustov
02-22-2004, 11:50 PM
Unfortunately America's taste in motorsports leaves a lot to be desired. NASCAR is the biggest money maker and the races bore me to tears. If there was a big fan base for Paris Dakar Rally I'm sure there would be some US manufacturers involved but for now all we'll probably see are some privaters like the BAJA 1000 truck.

As for JEEP, I don't believe they have ever been into racing of any type. I could be wrong. Don't let that make you doubt their ability offroad. My Dad has a 2000 Wrangler that is very capable offroading. He hasn't found a trail yet that could make him turn around and give up.

graywolf624
02-23-2004, 01:05 AM
americans have very BORING tracks (eggs, ovals, circles, drag racing tracks).

Actually that depends on the track. Road Atlanta, Leguana Seca, Road America, Sebring, VIR, Watkins Glen, and Thunder Hill are all badass tracks.
The overwelming majority of americans just don't care about racing. Then theres that Nascar thing.