PDA

View Full Version : My best mate's show winning Mitsubishi FTO

jaybv6
01-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Hi,
this is my mate's car. I know it's a bit of a ricer but tt may be something that you may not of seen before. He has spent a fortune modifying it and it has been on the front cover of Fast Car and Japanese Performace magazines.

Here are the details and then the pics below them.

Car - 1995 Mitsubishi FTO GPX Mivec

Engine - 1998cc V6 DOHC, Fuel injected. Shock Cone Air filter, Airspeed polished Stainless Steel induction tract, NGK Iridium Spark Plugs. Lightened Flywheel, HKS Decat pipe and Cat back Super Drager exhaust system. Airspeed one off rear exhaust section with twin 5.5inch centre exit tail pipes. Venom Digimax electronically managed nitrous oxide injection kit with 100 bhp nozzles. A'Pexi VAFC Mivec controller.

Transmission - Standard 5 speed manual gearbox. Cusco paddle Clutch. Front wheel drive.

Suspension - HKS springs and dampers lowering the car 40mm

Brakes - EBC grooved Discs and EBC Greenstuff V4 pads.

Wheels and Tyres - 8.5x18" Ace 112 Alloys with 225/35ZR18 falken F451 rubber.

Exterior - Veilside body kit. Modifications by PPS Bodytech, comprising sill extensions, re-shaping of bumper around exhaust, air intake in front bumper. De-locked doors and boot. PPS bespoke Bonnet vent. Honeycomb alloy grill mesh. Airspeed smoked side repeaters, rear lamp lusters smoked. Headlamp interiors colour coded, Halo effect side light rings fitted. Respray in Gemini Chromaflair paint. Under car neons in green.

Interior - Retrim in Black Alacantra, plus orange hide and leatherette seat centres and trim sections.Funky products white dials and chrome bezels. Hand finished floor mats with orage leather edge trim. Momo steering wheel, Cosmic Racing alloy and carbon fibre gear knob/ Handbrake. Cosmic Racing alloy pedals. Colour coded fire extinguisher in boot.

Ice - loads

http://www.jason.burgess.btinternet.co.uk/images/fto/fto-01.jpg
http://www.jason.burgess.btinternet.co.uk/images/fto/fto-02.jpg
http://www.jason.burgess.btinternet.co.uk/images/fto/fto-03.jpg
http://www.jason.burgess.btinternet.co.uk/images/fto/fto-04.jpg
http://www.jason.burgess.btinternet.co.uk/images/fto/fto-05.jpg
http://www.jason.burgess.btinternet.co.uk/images/fto/fto-06.jpg

TT
01-03-2004, 07:06 PM
I absolutely love the FTO, but despite this one is pretty well done, it's to much over the lines for my tastes... still a good work for the garage who did it and sure good advertise their skills :D

gis
01-03-2004, 07:29 PM
very nice,i liek the FTO,under-rated car IMO.arent they rare to get in a manual?

jaybv6
01-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Danny, yes. Most come in Tiptronic form.

Matteo, I am with you on that :wink: . Although it's my mate's car I am not overly keen on some of the mods. It really is him though :o . he is like the British version of Paul Walker from the Fast and Furious movies in every way :D .

hemi_fan
01-03-2004, 07:38 PM
I really like the paint on his engine cover. The car looks amazing, only thing I dont really like is the back end. but that engine cover is cool. lol

FPVPSI
01-03-2004, 08:11 PM
Have you tried running him in ya Calibra!? :D :D :D

jaybv6
01-03-2004, 08:28 PM
With his NOS he is pushing about 350bhp. Without the Nos he just has the edge but I have the top end speed. Over 100mph My Calibra kills his FTO. There is no substitute for Cubic Capacity :wink:

jpatino03
01-03-2004, 09:41 PM
The engine cover is pimp. I like the paint too, kinda reminds me of the Macca orange.
Question: With it pushing that much horsepower to the front wheels, how's the Torque steer? I know Mitsubishi's are notorious for this. Does the FTO have the same underpinnings of our Eclipse?

TeflonTron
01-03-2004, 10:41 PM
It's nice, and a good example of the skill of the garage that undertook the work, but the exhausts are terrible, imo: way, way too big.

Thanks for sharing, Jay

gottacatchup
01-08-2004, 08:28 PM
cool paint but maybe a little too much in the visual mods

zevolv
01-08-2004, 08:32 PM
he is like the British version of Paul Walker from the Fast and Furious movies in every way :D .
So your saying he is a blonde idiot who thinks he's way better than he really is.

jaybv6
01-09-2004, 06:08 PM
zevolv. No I am not. he is one of my best mates, someone who I would trust my life with.

The whole ethos of this project was to create a Fast 'n' Furious type car. I think he has achieved that purpose and then some. With 350bhp with the Nos I have seen this FTO dispense of the mighty BMW M5, the driver's face was a picture :D .

jon_s
01-09-2004, 07:22 PM
I know that car! Been in a few mags, has it also been in an advert??

Yeah, nice job

jaybv6
01-10-2004, 07:05 PM
JOhn, yes. Fast Car front cover and Japanese Performance magazine. Also in a few ads for various tuning companies and stuff.

TypeLT
01-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Yay on the rear end, although I would like it more if the lower bumper extended across.

Dirk
01-15-2004, 12:59 PM
What is 0-60 and top speed?

husyk
01-22-2004, 11:18 PM
Sweet, very nice, paint not my taste, but still beutiful.

oldsnail
01-23-2004, 08:03 PM
is it legal to have no rear license plates over there?

coloradosilver
01-23-2004, 08:25 PM
Thats cool. I've never seen one before. I don't care for the old school Jananese Flag painted on the engine, but I guess that just a matter of taste. Cool Car though.

hemi_fan
01-23-2004, 10:04 PM
look again, its got rear plates. just yellow'd out for the one pic.

AlienDB7
01-25-2004, 11:20 PM
too bad no FTO's in america i really like the styling

McLarenF1God
01-25-2004, 11:29 PM
He has an FTO in what country?? Is it legal and all that?

gis
01-25-2004, 11:31 PM
its in my country and yes its legal,why wouldnt it be?

rsgti
01-26-2004, 12:23 PM
hhmmm a little more sobre would do...it looks like it came out of the streets of L.A. after the Premiere of 2F2F

It is definetaly at the edge of being RRiceeee !! as too many "Performance Stickers" and outrageous Wing ...

Important is that he feels OK in it...as that is the only thing that matters....

This movie's effect has gone global

DeMoN
01-26-2004, 04:42 PM
I always liked the FTO, I remember seeing it in the "miami" video from will smith. I think it looks stunning. However, this is WAY TOO riced out. I like the looks of the original version muuuuuuuuuuuch more than this. I am sorry to be honest, but this is another example of those cars that look horrorific with so many crap done to it.

daniel
01-26-2004, 06:02 PM
very sweet ride. love the paint job, any interior shots?

tigerx
01-29-2004, 10:56 PM
can the car be any ricier??? NO!!!