PDA

View Full Version : Muay Thai vs Taekwondo

TNT
09-29-2006, 08:50 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/129006/muay_thai_vs_taekwondo/

unskilled thai fighter or that taekwondo guys is awesome.

jadeddjay
09-30-2006, 01:04 AM
just wait till tony jaa gets in that ring lol

Toronto
09-30-2006, 02:00 AM
just wait till tony jaa gets in that ring lol

ya i would love to see tony jaa get his ass kicked :P

Mattk
09-30-2006, 09:33 PM
That taekwondo guy has some good moves.

TNT
09-30-2006, 10:35 PM
yeah his kicking is insane. but does anyone know a UFC/Pride/MMA fighter that has a boxer style/base? for example someone that was a boxer first then moved to MMA?

Toronto
10-01-2006, 12:26 AM
^^^ there are alot of stand up fighters in MMA.
alot more i would say in Pride and K1 then UFC, just because UFC is alot slower and based alot more on the ground game.

Mattk
10-01-2006, 12:49 AM
I don't get UFC. All they seem to do is have an extended wrestling match and then they start swearing at each other after its over.

Toronto
10-01-2006, 01:18 AM
I think Matt Hughes can run with the best MMA fighters out there. for his size he is a wall of power.

TNT
10-01-2006, 02:16 AM
well isn't MMA a style and UFC a league? i thought MMA was just the kind of fighting. but I enjoy watching a good boxing match but watching a UFC fight kind of makes me feel gay in a way. they just fight to hold each other. they aren't worried about hitting each other they are trying to submit each other. i am just feel dirty watching to men roll around together in a ring. boxing atleast they go at each other.

but back to my first question, i just i should ask who are the better stand up fighters in UFC/pride/K1/etc.?

Sir_GT
10-01-2006, 01:29 PM
If you guys want to see real striking, search for "CroCop" and look for a highlight video. I know there are tons on youtube.

::EDIT:: Here you go: YouTube

racer_f50
10-01-2006, 07:05 PM
I don't get UFC. All they seem to do is have an extended wrestling match and then they start swearing at each other after its over.
You've just seen some of the more dull UFC events then. Every once in a while there are some really exciting matches, such as the UFC that just took place last week.
The ground game may appear to be slow and boring, but it's an extremely technical and difficult part of any fight which goes there. Often you'll see guys with a wrestling background try to take guys down simply out of instinct and becauset hey can neutralize any attacks there.
Whereas you will also see guys like Chuck Liddell, who was a wrestler in school but is an amazing kickboxer. He uses his wrestling to prevent take-downs and help him keep it standing, where he knocks people the fuck out.
If you want to see some good UFC knockouts and such, check out the Ultimate Knockouts videos.

Sir_GT
10-01-2006, 10:13 PM
You've just seen some of the more dull UFC events then. Every once in a while there are some really exciting matches, such as the UFC that just took place last week.
The ground game may appear to be slow and boring, but it's an extremely technical and difficult part of any fight which goes there. Often you'll see guys with a wrestling background try to take guys down simply out of instinct and becauset hey can neutralize any attacks there.
Whereas you will also see guys like Chuck Liddell, who was a wrestler in school but is an amazing kickboxer. He uses his wrestling to prevent take-downs and help him keep it standing, where he knocks people the fuck out.
If you want to see some good UFC knockouts and such, check out the Ultimate Knockouts videos.

Pride owns the UFC though. Matt Hughes is good, but he's probably the only one that can stand against the guys from Pride.