PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Season 9 Delayed

vexor
09-24-2006, 12:36 PM
"It had been intended that the new series of Top Gear would begin on 8 October. Given the circumstances, it's still too early to say when the series will return. Jeremy, James and the Top Gear team have been completely focussed on Richard and all that the wonderful staff of the Leeds General Infirmary have done for him.

"The priority for now must be ensuring Richard makes a full recovery, but we would not think of finalising plans for the next series without discussing it with everyone involved. When it is suitable, the team will do this and we will announce a new transmission date."
- Article (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5372890.stm)

TopGearNL
09-24-2006, 12:40 PM
I hope they come back, if they quite I wouldn't know what to look forward to on a boring Sunday :o :shock: :mrgreen:

yg60m
09-24-2006, 01:21 PM
If the true reason is that they wait Richard to come back then I can wait too :wink:

ae86_16v
09-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I think that is the correct decision is to wait it out until he recovers fully then go from there. . .

pagani
09-24-2006, 02:36 PM
I Hope that topgear will be back faster and harder than ever.
The would be greatest tribute to hamster ever.
And wish hamster and family and friends good luck whit the full recovery.
:D :o

666fast
09-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Carkson vows to fight to keep Top Gear on the air.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006440317,00.html

chest3r
09-24-2006, 06:37 PM
I think they should only begin this season when hamster will be able to enter the studio completely recovered :wink:

Mattk
09-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Of course they should wait until Richard Hammond comes back, or decides to quit (hopefully the former). Top Gear can't run with just two presenters.

RC45
09-25-2006, 03:55 PM
The problem might be though, that when they do come back they might feel they need to prove that no matter how wild or crazy or dangerous they get, nothing bad can happen... and then just to spite the safety nazis they will make it an outrageousshow...

...then it will stop being a car enthusiasts show and simply be a combinaiton of Monty Python, Jackass and Rallycross... which while may be fun for th odd giggle and laff, won't be worth following.

Can't they just go back to testing and showboating great cars ?

Jabba
09-25-2006, 04:51 PM
There wouldnt be enough M6 action in that show by the sounds of it :P

RC45
09-25-2006, 05:00 PM
They Need Another Race! M6 Vs 911 Turbo - Auto HQ to London, the gang starts in Zurich and Jeremy has to go to Munich to pick up an M6 and Richard and James have to go to Stuttgart and see who can get back to London the quickest! :D

Actually silly stuff like that is what I don't like.

Those events are so staged and "pretend" played they are really pointless (besides the fact that the M6 would lose by about 5 hours if it was real ;))

But seriously, just have fun with the cars n track - maybe some street driving in the mountains and backroads - but did anyone really believe that was a "race" between the Bugnasty Vagrant and the single engine plane? :P

You don't get much more staged that event :)