PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear in danger of being canceled

evoWalo
09-23-2006, 08:39 PM
We all know Richard had the rather serious accident and now to compond problems there is talk in canceling top gear because it is too dangerous.

http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article1726065.ece

Mattk
09-23-2006, 08:42 PM
They've talked about cancelling Top Gear for a while now, haven't they?

vexor
09-23-2006, 10:14 PM

yes they have, but before it was mainly for noise pollution around the track, but now it's for a much more serious problem.

I wouldn't be surprised if BBC do decide to pull the plug on Top Gear, it would be sad but I wouldn't be surprised.

666fast
09-23-2006, 10:34 PM

yes they have, but before it was mainly for noise pollution around the track, but now it's for a much more serious problem.

I wouldn't be surprised if BBC do decide to pull the plug on Top Gear, it would be sad but I wouldn't be surprised.

With Top Gears enormous success, I wouldn't be surprised if another network picked it up.

AlienDB7
09-24-2006, 12:38 AM

With Top Gears enormous success, I wouldn't be surprised if another network picked it up.
Last time Channel 5 did and look at what happened :x

Mattk
09-24-2006, 02:32 AM
Doesn't Richard Hammond host that bizarre science show Brainiac? What's happening with that? If BBC drops Top Gear, it could move to whatever network it is that shows Brainiac.

yg60m
09-24-2006, 02:40 AM
I fear it will be a fight hard to win :? but I will participate to everything possible to save it. I already wrote to Top Gear to ask them how I can support them.

Maybe we (internet people) will have to launch a new tv channel for Top Gear :P :wink:

Mattk
09-24-2006, 02:53 AM
Host it on JW! A good revenue raising idea.

Jabba
09-25-2006, 02:56 PM
^ not a bad idea... but if we already have problems to keep the site up with the donations, I can't see the way to produce such a BIG TV program... :wink:

Anyway - what I don't get is why TG has become 'too dangerous'? The only thing they need is a car... and the good script and the funny TG crew will make the rest :? no need to race a top-fuel dragster against a Smart ForTwo to show which is faster, or to set a new 'indoor land speed record' with a F1 racer - this is useless and dangerous stuff that nobody wants... I just want to see the 599 and the LP640 around the TG airfield, or Clarkson making fun of the S65 AMG electronic gizmos... we just need this - even the Stigg 'hot' laps could be removed from the show IMO :? :?

Sometimes - the simpliest, the better... :bah:

Just my two cents... :wink:

I agree with all of that, but the stigg must stay dani :D

TopGearNL
09-25-2006, 02:59 PM
/\/\ Couldn't have said it better Jabba, thats where you see the real difference between cars! :mrgreen:

RC45
09-25-2006, 08:04 PM
^ not a bad idea... but if we already have problems to keep the site up with the donations, I can't see the way to produce such a BIG TV program... :wink:

Anyway - what I don't get is why TG has become 'too dangerous'? The only thing they need is a car... and the good script and the funny TG crew will make the rest :? no need to race a top-fuel dragster against a Smart ForTwo to show which is faster, or to set a new 'indoor land speed record' with a F1 racer - this is useless and dangerous stuff that nobody wants... I just want to see the 599 and the LP640 around the TG airfield, or Clarkson making fun of the S65 AMG electronic gizmos... we just need this - even the Stigg 'hot' laps could be removed from the show IMO :? :?

Sometimes - the simpliest, the better... :bah:

Just my two cents... :wink:

I agree with all of that, but the stigg must stay dani :D

Well Jabba - it looks like the time is almost ripe for our big surprise... ;)

spanky
09-25-2006, 08:15 PM
You'd think they'd be falling over each other to take the show on.

Remco558
09-27-2006, 08:05 AM
some guys started a petition to keep the show on air. if you wan't topgear to stay on screen you can sign it. it might just make a difference...

http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html

TopGearNL
09-27-2006, 08:24 AM
some guys started a petition to keep the show on air. if you wan't topgear to stay on screen you can sign it. it might just make a difference...

http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html

Good link Remco558 just signed it! Thanks :wink:

Remco558
09-27-2006, 09:19 AM
you are welkom,

hopefully as many as possible people sign it...