PDA

View Full Version : How's this for bad luck?

maalox
07-05-2003, 11:14 PM
Alright, I'm just a little bit peeved. I've had two digital cameras broken (irreperably) in less than a month--LESS THAN A MONTH!!!

Camera 1) Went with my gf on her trip overseas. She was in a pretty bad car accident while there, but came out with only minor scratches (thank God). Worst injury in the car was a broken toe. The accident involved a rollover into a shallow river, and guess what was one of the few things to fall out into the river--my camera. Obviously I didn't care since my girlfriend and everyone else was OK.

Anyway, my girlfriend was sad that she ruined the camera I trusted her with (was a grad gift from my parents) and so bought me an awesome new one. I finally got the batteries all charged up today and went out with her to take some pics etc (including my friend's new 350Z--lucky bastard).

Camera 2) We go to a movie and she puts the camera in her bag for "safe keeping." Then, coffee spills all over it. I check over the camera, turn it on, browse a couple of pics--it's all good. Watch the rest of the movie, come out and take it out again to check if it's stained or whatever. Turn it on, the screen fizzles and goes all streaky. So, camera two is now dead.

How can lightning strike twice again? I feel like an idiot as I now contemplate getting a third camera in less than a year (grad was last summer)! Plus it's not like digicams are exactly cheap for anything of reasonable quality. Anyway, vent complete :?.

gis
07-05-2003, 11:38 PM
unlucky dude,sorry to hear it,glad your girlfriend is ok though

if u want cheering up,i got beat off a lexus 2nite :P

Anonymous
07-05-2003, 11:55 PM
still have one more strike to go...... dont buy a camera just yet. :shock:

SFDMALEX
07-06-2003, 12:26 AM
Thats why I drink my espresso sitting behind a table. But sorry dude bad luck strikes you some times.

maalox
07-06-2003, 01:34 AM
Thanks guys. For what it's worth, it's probably my gf's bad luck in a way, not mine. The cameras have always been in her care (and it was her coffee) when they get messed. Hmmm maybe I'm learning a lesson here LOL.

crochico
07-06-2003, 02:02 PM
from what you've said, i wouldn't say it your bad luck at all.. you can go and buy 2 or 3 more (dependent on ones stupidity or financial status) and nothing will happen to them, as long as they stay out of your gf's hands :D

maalox
07-06-2003, 02:50 PM
from what you've said, i wouldn't say it your bad luck at all.. you can go and buy 2 or 3 more (dependent on ones stupidity or financial status) and nothing will happen to them, as long as they stay out of your gf's hands :D

Hah yeah that seems to be the common link.

Update: I opened up the second one and tried to clean out the inside. It works... kinda. Unfortunately the screen is kinda messed up, but it still takes decent pics. I'll keep working on it.