PDA

View Full Version : I know I shouldn't post it, but I own a Porsche!!!

TT
08-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Pic taken yesterday:
http://img132.imagevenue.com/loc303/th_99625_17_08_2006_014_122_303lo.jpg (http://img132.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=99625_17_08_2006_014_122_303lo.jpg)

today I paid for it!

A sexy 944 S2, 105k km, shiny new or almost!

Will take it home in a couple of days when I'll switch the plates!!

Custom shot and a real post in "what do you drive" soon

I hope you'll believe your beloved TT :P

novass
08-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Nice! I learned how to drive stick on a 944, fun cars.

I think I speak for the majority of us when I say that of all the people on here, we dont need a custom shot to believe you :D

5vz-fe
08-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Looks like it is in a very very very good condition. What year is it?

*I'll do the official congrats in the what do you drive section LOL*

paradizzy
08-22-2006, 04:58 PM
Nice one. How much you paid? I just wanna know how much a good condition S2 costs.

pzgren
08-22-2006, 05:07 PM
is this really a porsche? isn't the engine in the wrong place?

just kidding... :D congrats to your car mate, hope you'll have a lot of fun with it. looking forward to see more pics and read your driving report about it.

i guess this time we can trust without a custom shot. but if you like you can close your own topic until the custom shot is online :lol:

MartijnGizmo
08-22-2006, 05:25 PM
Nice nice nice Matteo! Excellent handling, will help you to learn how to drive fast. :)

TT
08-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Looks like it is in a very very very good condition. What year is it?

*I'll do the official congrats in the what do you drive section LOL*

Year 1991 ;)

Nice one. How much you paid? I just wanna know how much a good condition S2 costs.

10'500 CHF = 6'600 EUR = 8500 USD

i guess this time we can trust without a custom shot. but if you like you can close your own topic until the custom shot is online :lol:

:fuck:

st-anger
08-22-2006, 05:32 PM
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: @pzgren

BUT::: CONGRATS MATTEO :good: :clap:

now waiting for ur "official" topic .............. :wink:

MIHALS
08-22-2006, 05:37 PM
wow CONGRATS Matteo!!! I thought you wanted Cooper S or TT and now, I see beautiful WHITE sportscar with the BEST roots :D :drool:

very nice choice indeed, but as mentioned - where the hell is the engine? There's a hole in the back!!! :mrgreen:

:good: I'm happy for you lucky bastard!!! :wink:

any repairs needs to be done? doesn't look like...

Jabba
08-22-2006, 05:39 PM
*Congrats*, but what happend to ya bimmer ?

MIHALS
08-22-2006, 05:46 PM
oh yeah... Give me an offer for your 320, so it stays in JW Club :D . I wouldn't mind having it :wink: (still deciding what to buy :hmm: :bah: )

dutchmasterflex
08-22-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm glad you've made this wise choice over a TT, TT ;)

I've always wanted a 944, they're dirt cheap compared to pre-owned 911's. Looks like you got one in great condition.. Can't wait for the photoshoots!

gangajas
08-22-2006, 06:19 PM
Congratulations, beautiful car.

romes_pl
08-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Congratulations, really nice car.I'm waiting for some more photos.

RC45
08-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Ahh.. the only Audi worth owning.. ;)

Congrats - and welcome to the sports car club :)

666fast
08-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Congrats TT! looks great in white!
I've always liked 944's and even almost bought one. (insurance man said bend over)

Make sure to keep up with the maintenance, 944 parts are terribly expensive, at least they are here anyway.
Keep an eye on the timing belt too, that snaps your wallet is in for a world of hurt.

Congrats again TT! Now go get some black Fuchs wheels!

ViperASR
08-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey, welcome to the 944 club. Just let me now the 1st time it breaks down on you, aka, next week!

sentra_dude
08-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Uh oh! Get ready for a flood of 944 pics! :D ;) :P

Nice choice, much better than a TT... :mrgreen:

I'm looking forward to reading your first driving impressions. What's happened to the old Bimmer now?

ZfrkS62
08-22-2006, 07:34 PM
hehehe, and you thought owning an E36 was expensive :prr:

What's happening with the 320, might i ask?

frodefe
08-23-2006, 12:48 AM
Truly a great sportscar!
Impressive on the track - yet civilised and comfortable.

Congrats TT!

jorge
08-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Congratulations TT, i guess owning a Porsche is something very special :good:

TT
08-23-2006, 01:06 AM
wow CONGRATS Matteo!!! I thought you wanted Cooper S or TT and now, I see beautiful WHITE sportscar with the BEST roots :D :drool:

very nice choice indeed, but as mentioned - where the hell is the engine? There's a hole in the back!!! :mrgreen:

:good: I'm happy for you lucky bastard!!! :wink:

any repairs needs to be done? doesn't look like...

Nope, just a simple levels check and a couple stupid things. Clutch, brakes and all is in pretty top shape! I'll take it back to the garage in September for the check up, but for now I'll just drive it a bit ;)

*Congrats*, but what happend to ya bimmer ?

Getting older, and not so fun anymore ;)

oh yeah... Give me an offer for your 320, so it stays in JW Club :D . I wouldn't mind having it :wink: (still deciding what to buy :hmm: :bah: )

Well dude, in fact it's quite hard to sell the bitch. I want to make some 3000 CHF out of it but so far no luck... far from it...

Congrats TT! looks great in white!
I've always liked 944's and even almost bought one. (insurance man said bend over)

Make sure to keep up with the maintenance, 944 parts are terribly expensive, at least they are here anyway.
Keep an eye on the timing belt too, that snaps your wallet is in for a world of hurt.

Congrats again TT! Now go get some black Fuchs wheels!

LOL, I didn't even talk to my insurance man because I am sure I would havce gave up. This way anyway is too late, so I'll pay what they ask, that's it :bah:

Timing belt was changed at 78'000 km, next time due at 160'000 ;)
The car has the complete service history with it of course

hehehe, and you thought owning an E36 was expensive :prr:

What's happening with the 320, might i ask?

To be honest, I fear the 944 won't cost a whole lot more than what the 320 does, to keep it on the road, but we'll see
As for the 320, trying to sell it, but seems fucking hard

nthfinity
08-23-2006, 02:35 AM
hmm.....

very nice :)

about your new car..... i can't stress enough.... keep your tires to the proper inflation levels! and it will handle brilliantly ;)

yeah.... we crashed a 944 some years back :( .... cuased by underinflated tires; and an overconfident driver.

ae86_16v
08-23-2006, 02:45 AM
Congrats on the Porsche!

Years ago, I was really close to owning one as well. But the maintenance turned me off from it, of course I was still in High School at that time, so it would've been terribly hard to keep it running. But as with most German cars, I am sure most of it has to just do w/ the preventive maintenance.

So instead of the 944, I got a Toyota Corolla GTS (AE86) ;) . From one end of the spectrum to the other. Actually buying cost on both cars were about the same.

spanky
08-23-2006, 02:54 AM
Yeah I've heard they handle pretty well. Congrats TT!!!! 8)

saadie
08-23-2006, 03:00 AM
Congrats 8) 8) 8)

this means .. you are not buying a TT :D ..... cooool 8) :lol:

Shinigami
08-23-2006, 03:45 AM
You went through quite a list of potential cars, didn't you ;)

A 300SL, Audi TT, and then you ended up buying something quite different. Hope it ends up being a dream ride *thumbsup*

davide
08-23-2006, 03:58 AM
Congrats TT!

We just have to wait until I got my first Porsche... but soon enough! :D

Ghostbat
08-23-2006, 04:50 AM
That 944 looks like it's in very nice condition.

Congrats Matteo!

bultaco_metralla
08-23-2006, 07:04 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm FU YOUUUU!!!!! very nice car dude!! Hope to see a review soon!!! I love it man!!! CONGRATS !!

BTW i know its in revenge of the Harley !!!

Kisses you bitch Porshe Owner!!

.................... Why i cant buy a POrsche???

dingo
08-23-2006, 09:36 AM
Very nice mate, to own a Porsche of any sort is really cool! :good:

What are the performance figures for these things (too lazy to look)?

Good luck with the car, and I hope you get out and do some autokhanas in it - great fun. :D

MartijnGizmo
08-23-2006, 09:39 AM
211hp@5800rpm and 280Nm@4100rpm, 0-100 km/h in 7.1s and a topspeed of 240km/h. Not too bad..... :)

cooperluke
08-23-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm not a big fan of the 924/944, but hey... much better than the 320, and it seems to be in top shape!!

And, 6600eur.... would make me think twice if I found one it good shape here in Portugal!!! My Austin Mini is going to stay more expensive than that!! :D

What about reliability and parts price? Good? Guess you checked on that.. :)

It's a 2990cc with 211hp, right?

It should be "adequately fast" for a daily user! :D

RC45
08-23-2006, 10:11 AM

:) There is no such thing as "adequately fast" - you could always use "more power"... daily driver or not.. ;)

Shinigami
08-23-2006, 10:22 AM
TT: how long have you had your drivers license?

Since you'll pay insurance depending on the new price of the car (for those who don't know, that's the way it works in Switzerland, and it sucks), you could definitely get "raped" by the insurance companies.

A quick check shows that the new price of this car is between 98k and 120k chf, and if you've had your license for 5 years, you'll probably pay between 3000 and 5000chf, depending on the insurance company.

RC45
08-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Paying insurance on the "New Price" of a 20 year old car seems a little daft?

Afterall, the car is no longer worth that - seems a little excessive.

Oh well, such are the prices of living in europe... :) -- did we mention gasoline dropped in price by about 20c a gallon this last week? ;)

TNT
08-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Congrats that is one o the harder things in life......BMW, Porsche, Lamborghini or Ferrari :mrgreen:

saadie
08-23-2006, 11:21 AM
^^lol ... .

its more of bmw or porsche .... lamborghini or ferari :P :mrgreen:

yg60m
08-23-2006, 11:37 AM
Congrats Matteo !!! Very nice looking 944, I wait for the review of the car and a comparo with the BMW :wink: Have fun mate :D

stmoritzer
08-23-2006, 01:24 PM
Congrats to the new car :D :good:

a 944 was probabely the first Porsche I was sitting in as a child (I was even able to sit in the back :mrgreen: ) :wink:

Enjoy the ride, cool to own a Porsche 8)

redbaron
08-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Congratulations TT!!

Have fun with it

How does it feel to say you own a Porsche?

Shinigami
08-23-2006, 02:25 PM

Oh well, such are the prices of living in europe... :) -- did we mention gasoline dropped in price by about 20c a gallon this last week? ;)
Yup, paying full price is stupid and nobody can quite explain why it's done... Meanwhile, the insurance companies profit. But it means a lot of people who could otherwise own a very expensive car as second hand, don't, because the rest of the stuff of ownership is out of their hands... (keeps a lot of kids off the streets with powerful cars, which some consider a good thing).

The insurance companies are usually not that fussy if something goes wrong, such as an accident. You're paid quite upfront for your car. However, over here it's also "obligatory" to have car insurance. Without it, you can't have license plates, and without license plates, you can't drive a car.

I hear many sad situations (on American automotive forums) where the users have ended up in being hit by other people who have no form of insurance... Thus the person with insurance bares the grunt. IMO, insurance should be obligatory because situations like that totally suck... And too many people get away with it too (at least according to the forums).

Gas also dropped here, although not as much as in the states, oh well :p

Shinigami
08-23-2006, 02:36 PM
btw: wasn't there some kinda report about drivers and their sexuality that was done some time ago. Apparently, the people who were mostly likely to "sleep around", were Porsche driver :lol:

TT: now be nice and stay faithful to your GF, you hear me ;) It's not because you have a Porsche that you can go running after other girls :p

salegosse
08-23-2006, 02:37 PM
What is better ?

Giving a 16 year old Junky a Big Block or paying expensive insurance to prevent such type of comportement ?

I made my choice.

salegosse
08-23-2006, 02:39 PM
I forgot...

You have only straight line. :| :mrgreen:

gucom
08-23-2006, 03:01 PM
wow niiiice 8) i'd love a car like that, it's definitely somewhere on my "aspirational ladder"... and a '91 model, that was their last year of production i believe? excellent car, the 944 S2 looks so much better than the S1 both outside and inside. Congratz :D

stradale
08-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Congrats, TT!!!!

Great value for money! In Switzerland at least. I don't know about 944 prices around here, but I think it's safe to say you won't find a pristine 944 S2 for the same money in the Netherlands...

How much does it weigh? (yeah, I'm too lazy to look it up and it gives you the chance to look up all kinds of interesting info on your new car)

I don't know how many kms your planning on driving it a year, but if it's a low figure you can also try and get some special insurance, like you have for classic cars. That usually saves a great deal of money.

TT
08-23-2006, 04:58 PM
You went through quite a list of potential cars, didn't you ;)

A 300SL, Audi TT, and then you ended up buying something quite different. Hope it ends up being a dream ride *thumbsup*

The whole process in chronological order goes like that:

Porsche 911 (1969-1970), hard to find a good one for a good price
Porsche 912, prices went quite high now
Porsche 356, not good for a daily drive
Porsche 911 3.0, uhm.. dunno
Porsche 964, too exensive, rare to find in proper colors
Mercedes SL R129 V6 (280 or 300)
Porsche 914-6, most of the are beaten down
Oldsmobile V6 from the 80s, crap :)
Audi TT, too many grey ones..
Porsche 944 S2, mine :)

Looks like it's in great condition from the outside. So I guess I have to congradulate you...:D Nice move, obviously I haven't driven one, but I've heard they're great fun and make for great tuning matherial, if that's what you want to do.

Enjoy the car and get us more pics soon. :D

Not sure if and what I'll do to it... I am still looking for a good 964 as a second car ;)

I'm not a big fan of the 924/944, but hey... much better than the 320, and it seems to be in top shape!!

And, 6600eur.... would make me think twice if I found one it good shape here in Portugal!!! My Austin Mini is going to stay more expensive than that!! :D

What about reliability and parts price? Good? Guess you checked on that.. :)

It's a 2990cc with 211hp, right?

If you do the services right, not many thing will break down.. parts ain't cheap but didn't check ;) I prefer not to know!

TT: how long have you had your drivers license?

Since you'll pay insurance depending on the new price of the car (for those who don't know, that's the way it works in Switzerland, and it sucks), you could definitely get "raped" by the insurance companies.

A quick check shows that the new price of this car is between 98k and 120k chf, and if you've had your license for 5 years, you'll probably pay between 3000 and 5000chf, depending on the insurance company.

LOL, talk about beeing raped :D I had my lincense since I was 18, that makes like 9 years.
But anyway I'll pay what needed, I am beyond the point of no return anyway :bah: and when you love, you pay!

I have always pictured the 944 as a step closer to 911, is that your next? :wink:
Good looking car and cheap also. 5 years older here, only one S, is 9000€ :lol:
Congratulations TT!

Definitely I don't want it to be my first and only Porsche ;)

Congratulations TT!!

Have fun with it

How does it feel to say you own a Porsche?

I would be a dork if I would tell you it does nothing :D even if it's a 944, it makes you feel a bit special I guess :D

btw: wasn't there some kinda report about drivers and their sexuality that was done some time ago. Apparently, the people who were mostly likely to "sleep around", were Porsche driver :lol:

TT: now be nice and stay faithful to your GF, you hear me ;) It's not because you have a Porsche that you can go running after other girls :p

Dude, comon, why do you think I bought a Porsche? :D I don't fucking care about heritage, I just want to bone everything :D

Congrats, TT!!!!

Great value for money! In Switzerland at least. I don't know about 944 prices around here, but I think it's safe to say you won't find a pristine 944 S2 for the same money in the Netherlands...

How much does it weigh? (yeah, I'm too lazy to look it up and it gives you the chance to look up all kinds of interesting info on your new car)

I don't know how many kms your planning on driving it a year, but if it's a low figure you can also try and get some special insurance, like you have for classic cars. That usually saves a great deal of money.

Around 1350 kg, still ok.
And I plan to do some 20'000 per year if affordable ;) so, definitely no special insurance, and prolly it's not old enough anyway

RC45
08-23-2006, 06:55 PM
However, over here it's also "obligatory" to have car insurance. Without it, you can't have license plates, and without license plates, you can't drive a car.

I hear many sad situations (on American automotive forums) where the users have ended up in being hit by other people who have no form of insurance... Thus the person with insurance bares the grunt. IMO, insurance should be obligatory because situations like that totally suck... And too many people get away with it too (at least according to the forums).

Insurance is obligatory. They are talking about people who break the law and drive without insurance.

Your system sound slike the car carries the insurance, not the person.

I am sure there are unscrupulous and law breaking people in Switzerland who drive cars with illegal plates and no insurance - until they get caught.

Afterall, it's not like the car won't start or drive with expired insurance, tags or plates ;)

But any how, unisured motorist insurance part of the way you protect yourself against, uninsured motorists ;)

666fast
08-23-2006, 07:01 PM

Yup, paying full price is stupid and nobody can quite explain why it's done... Meanwhile, the insurance companies profit. But it means a lot of people who could otherwise own a very expensive car as second hand, don't, because the rest of the stuff of ownership is out of their hands... (keeps a lot of kids off the streets with powerful cars, which some consider a good thing).

The insurance companies are usually not that fussy if something goes wrong, such as an accident. You're paid quite upfront for your car. However, over here it's also "obligatory" to have car insurance. Without it, you can't have license plates, and without license plates, you can't drive a car.

Insuarance is supposed to be mandatory here as well, but the police won't know untill they pull you over and ask for your proof of insurance. If you get caught without it, it's at the officers discretion as to what will be done. If you play dumb and can't find the card, you might get lucky and they'll believe you. You'll probably still get a ticket though. Or, the cop can arrest you. If they find out you don't have insurance, you'll lose your license for 6 months or so.

Crappy story, this just happened here. A guy who has been pulled over many times for all kinds of things and has been caught driving with no insurance. He was driving his friends car and was pulled over and had no proof. Doesn't matter than it wasn't his car, he should have checked the police say. Anyway, gets hauled off to jail. Is put in a cell with an inmate being transferred to another prison. The guy was beaten to death by the inmate being transferred!!!!!!!!

As for people being hit by others with no insurance, It happens all the time. My boss's old 911 was written off by a guy with no insurance. It was a Red Slant Nose 911 that was very highly modified. He sued the guy who hit him and the guy is still paying for it 5 years later. Which is a better choice: $100 a month for insurance or a judgement to pay $80,000 for a car you wrecked? LOL My boss replaced it with a 996TT.

A friend of mine was rear ended by a 14 year old girl who stole her moms car, that had no insurance. He sued for the replacement of his car and medical costs. Of course, he won.

Sound slike we should adopt the no insurance = no license plate here. I had to replace my plates a few weeks ago as some nob stole the front plate. All I needed was my drivers license and they handed me new plates.

TT
08-24-2006, 03:28 AM
Little update... the plates aren't fucking ready! Delivery date moved to tomorrow, but tomorrow evening I'll have to leave to go to Lausanne, so time will be limited, and the garage owner will come back from a trip in the late afternoon..
If unlucky I'll have to take my baby home Monday :( let's hope we can sort it out tomorrow!!

Shinigami
08-24-2006, 05:29 AM
What I meant by the insurance stuff is that to have the plates, you need proof of insurance. If you don't pay your insurance on time, they will notify the authorities, who will then ask for the plates back.

This means that it's nearly impossible to drive a car if you don't have insurance.

Of course it's possible to "drive" the car, but you would have to forge the license plates, or drive without them. In either case, the cops will fuck you up bad, especially if you get caught speeding etc...

The way it seems to work in the states is different, in that you just get the plates, and then work out an insurance deal. Meanwhile, you can drive the car without insurance all you want. Over here, that is nearly impossible (maybe for a day or two before you get a call or a letter). But anyway...

TT: you randy little boy :lol: Good thing you've had your license for 9 years now. As long as you haven't been in an accident in the past 5 years, you should have nearly full (if not full) deductions. Shouldn't cost you more then 2000chf a year in insurance, and with your job, that should be perfectly affordable ;)

TT
08-24-2006, 05:38 AM
Hehe, and here is the prob: I rammed into a big Toyota 4Runner while I was leaving a parking place in reverse one or two years ago, and I totally exploded his rear door :roll: my car got almost nothing but of course it was up to me to pay for the damn Toyota, so everything was boosted up again at full or almost price :roll:
Anyway to pay for it shouldn't be a prob afterall, I'll just spend less elsewhere (travels and such). I won't stress for this.
Also, need to get rid of the BMW because paying for it too isn't very smart and I don't really need two cars now

TT
08-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Yeh, such cars are cheap but often abused. Not my case ;) never took on track, bone stock!

Second car, so far I'll do without it, but I want actually something sportier, the 944 beeing the daily drive :P

I looked into the E30, but too expensive to buy a mint condition one!

Yes, I think I'll mod it ;)
this winter I'll put winter tires on the stock wheels, then next summer I'll see if I can find a good solution for summer wheels. Maybe some 17, but IMO older cars handle and look better with the original size, and apparently those stock wheels are pretty light already.
I won't turn it into a bling Porsche anyway.

I will probably lower it once the original shock absorbers will give their soul and will probably buy a louder muffler ;)

I also plan to become member of the Porsche Club Italia to be able to attend some track events or weekend around Europe with them ;)

The future is bright and in 24 hours I should be driving the baby toward Lausanne, finally!

blinkmeat
08-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Congrats TT :!:

TT
08-25-2006, 03:26 AM
And finally I will be a bit less ashamed to pop up at a car fanatics meeting ;) no supercar maybe, but heaps better than my BMW :D

pzgren
08-25-2006, 04:01 AM
hey mate, we now can take some porsche combo pics if when i'm coming down to lugano in a few weeks :wink:

TT
08-25-2006, 04:57 AM
Oh, definitely! I hope you'll come and hope we can find a way to finally meet in real life :)

My poor 944 would look quite pale beside your nice 996, but well, we can always try :D

Wutputt
08-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Congrats TT with your new ride! Have fun with it ;)

TT
08-26-2006, 02:57 PM
:lock: now that there is a proper topic with custom shot and all ;)