PDA

View Full Version : Mazda MX-5

System
07-12-2006, 12:10 PM
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2692/mazdamx5original5xf.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mazdamx5original5xf.jpg)

The original Miata....... :D

Global Warming
07-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Cool. Lightweight, RWD roadster that’s affordable and a hell of a lot of fun to drive! I would say boarderline subzero!

TNT
07-12-2006, 12:44 PM
^^^ pretty good way of saying how it is

RF1
07-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Cool/Cool/Cool!! 8)

taygunho
07-27-2006, 05:19 AM
If I am not wrong Miata/mx-5 is the most sold sports car in the world. I think this car is more than cool less than subzero.

Shinigami
07-27-2006, 06:44 AM
It's the kind of car I really like, so subzero from me. Although to be honest, I'm not that fond of the first generation MX5 looks, I prefer the second generation most.

But affordable, reliable, cheap to fix and tinker with, toss happy, light, relatively economical (although still thirsty for a 1.6/1.8), and gives a top down experience for a decent speed, which makes it pretty special in my books.

Mattk
07-27-2006, 10:01 PM
The original one was too girly. The newer MX5s looks much better. This picture is also unflattering. Sort of in the middle, but it's not cool, so I'd have to say uncool.

PaulGT2164
07-27-2006, 10:28 PM
RWD, Good motor, great chassis, cheap, 2 seats, reliable, good gas milage, whats not to like

oh yeah throw in some models came with factory limited slip, and the 1.6 and 1.8 liter motors up till the 99 model year can handle 15psi boost from the factory (the motor is based on the one found in the turbo 323 GTX) not to mention the mazda speed ones, and the fact they have Spec Miata

its quite possibly one of the most influential cars ever made (look at the market segement it revitalized)

i think this car is cool, any one who disagrees obviously has not driven one with anger, or on a fun road, cause you quiclkly forget the "girly" image and realize its a corner carver with every intention on providing a wonderful driving experience.

i can never say enough about miatas (obvious reasons lol)

but if you are new to performance cars, or racing..there isnt a much better beginner car than a miata...and considering the reliability, pretty much bulletproof motor, and low cost of ownership, great gas milage, everyone shoul have one ;)

sentra_dude
07-27-2006, 11:31 PM
You all must be joking, this car is about as far away from being cool as you could possibly get :puke:

One question: have you ever driven a Miata?

Mattk
07-28-2006, 02:41 AM

Who cares? Have you ever watched Top Gear? The hosts don't drive the cars. They just judge the car purely on looks and whether it would impress Kristin Scott Thomas (initially, now some woman called Fiona Bruce).

sentra_dude
07-29-2006, 12:17 AM

Who cares? Have you ever watched Top Gear? The hosts don't drive the cars. They just judge the car purely on looks and whether it would impress Kristin Scott Thomas (initially, now some woman called Fiona Bruce).

Alrighty then!

stmoritzer
11-28-2006, 10:22 AM

:D

cool car, small sportscar

formulastig
03-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Simple little fun sportscar. What's not to like?

TopGearNL
03-26-2008, 10:24 PM
All the small cabriolets that are on the road today own their existence to this car's succes. This car brought the cabrio back to the people!

Cheap and simple. So cool!

liveaxle
11-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Although I respect this car for what it did to the open sportscars revival in the last couple of decades, and it has got a good chassis, I still think it is a bit uncool.
However, I will never think badly of people who buy it, and it does make a great everyday drive if you don't need much space.

10000rpmlover
02-01-2009, 12:46 AM
fun, rwd, nice handling, light weight... this car is cool, just don't want to be seen in it, I am over 6 feet tall so I get that weird simpsons, small car huge guy look

HeilSvenska
02-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Should be cool. But it's hard to make people to look cool in one.