PDA

View Full Version : Notable Electronic Music Artists

TNT
07-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Which do you think have the biggest impact on the style of music and the culture?

Fatboy Slim
Faithless
Fluke
The Chemical Brothers
Daft Punk
The Crystal Method
Massive Attack
The Prodigy
Orbital
Propellerheads
Underworld
Björk
Moby

TNT
07-06-2006, 11:25 PM
on the style impact i say a its a toss up between Fatboy Slim, Moby and Bjork. but culture wise i would give it to Prodigy, they really brought it globally IMO.

but which one gets the vote? :hmm: i may have to sleep on it.

SFDMALEX
07-06-2006, 11:34 PM
hmmm you see the problem is that "electronic music" is the hardest genre to define cause there is soooo much.

From the list I take Bjork, I have just about all of her work.

Massive attack was good.

Moby is probably the most well known.

Prodigy was fucking huge with The Fat of THe Land.

By far Bjork is the most original artist on the list.

TNT
07-07-2006, 01:13 PM
yeah bjork is different ;) i think i am going to give my vote to Fatboy Slim, not being a fan boy but for the betterment of the genre i think he did the most.

Toronto
07-07-2006, 01:21 PM
um well the bands with the biggest impact are even on the list
Kraftwork and Depeche Mode.

TNT
07-07-2006, 01:52 PM
but they weren't very popular in sales. this is more of the money makers.

Shinigami
07-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Too bad Prodigy had it go a bit too much to their head with all the fame and glory. Their concerts began to suck and so on...

SFDMALEX
07-08-2006, 10:48 AM
um well the bands with the biggest impact are even on the list
Kraftwork and Depeche Mode.

Well I woudlnt put Depeche Mode in the same boat as Bjork and Fatboy slim its not that electronic. DM has a lot of Rock influence.

SFDMALEX
07-08-2006, 10:51 AM
but they weren't very popular in sales. this is more of the money makers.

Depeche Mode is by far the most successful "electronic" band ever. And by far the most influential. Detroit techno scene pioneers all name DM to be their biggest influence.

If it was on this list it must get every single vote.

But I still would not put them on this list because DM has a lot of rock edge and lyrics that are far to deep to be put in the Prodigy territory.

"Depeche Mode is an electronic music band from the town of Basildon, England, founded in 1980. They have been one of the longest-lived and most successful bands to have emerged during the New Wave and New Romantic era, though they are more akin to what was known as the 'Futurist' scene; many of their videos have been heavily rotated on MTV. As of 2006, it is estimated that Depeche Mode has sold over 72 million albums worldwide."

Toronto
07-09-2006, 03:06 AM
^^^ DM no where with out kraftwork

SFDMALEX
07-09-2006, 11:20 AM
^^^ DM no where with out kraftwork

Sure, Kraftwerk showed the way to the whole new wave scene.

nickthaskater
07-09-2006, 11:34 AM
I listen to all of those, but The Crystal Method (Vegas) is what actually got me into the basic genre outside of listening to a few songs now and then on the radio/internet. Prodigy was right there at my beginning as well with The Fat of The Land.

I voted Crystal Method.