PDA

View Full Version : Project Gotham Racing 2 is Awesome, Little Review Inside.

SFDMALEX
12-27-2003, 01:50 AM
Ok, I got it today and all I can say is that this game is the best arcade racer in the history of video games.

First of the Graphics. The graphics are so damn good that even if you hate racing games but you have an Xbox you need to get this game to show your friends the capability of Xbox. The reflections are simply amazing in this game. The level of detail in this game is spectacular. When racing at night the lighting effects are awesome. It supposed to rain also in this game but it did not happen to me yet.

If there is a radio antena on the car it moves arcoding to your driving. WHen you crash you can see the glass flying of your car.

You should also see the cars in action, you can really see the suspension working. The car pitches and rolls very realisticaly. Its a pleasure to watch the cars corner.

The damage is pretty amazing. Your hood can get open in the middle of the race is you crash, the dents and so on forming in the car are awesome. This game got to have one of the best crash engines.

Now the sounds. Well each car in the game has an individual sound which is very close to the real thing. I like how the got the Ferrari 360 sound in the game. Its very close to the real thing, but with my golden ears its not the same. Its 90% accurate but something is missing. The Porshce Cayen Turbo is pretty spot on, they got the sound just right. I love the sound of the waste gate going off on lift -of s and gear changes.

So the cars sound great and accurate, bur what about the music? Well its very Grand Theft Auto like, each city has there own 3 or so individual stations which really play what is usualy played in that city. In Hong Kong you get Asian pop, and in RUssia you get some Euro style cheap house music.
In general this game has the best audio ever due to its accuracy.

The Cars. NOw this has to be the best selection of cars EVAAAA! Just look at the Ferrari line up. Ferrari 575M, 360CS, 360Modena, Testarossa, 250GTO, F50, F40, Enzo, 355, 275GTB, Dyno....Im not sure if there are any more since I just started playing the game. Apart from the Ferraris there are also plenty of Porshces. 911Carrera, the Old CAreera Rs, CAYEN TURBO LOL, Carrera GT and the list goes on. You are also treated to some american muscle, there are Camaros, GTOs......Stangs..... There are lotus, BMWs, Fuck!!!!The list just keeps going and going. Ohh each there also is an ARNAGE T in this game.

The Tracks- Okay the detail on these tracks makes your eyes pop out. Every building is a peace of 3d art. I can just imagen how long it took to do all that. The tracks look spectacular, when my friend was playing the game I just enjoyd looking at around. The level of detail is amazing. I dont know what Yokahoma looks like but I sure know what moscow looks like and all I can say its pretty damn accurate. For example the sings etc actually make sense when driving around moscow, its not just writing in cyrilic. There are a shit load of city's in this game. Stockholm, Moscow, Yokohoma, Hong Kong, Nurburgring and more, I just dont remember the list which I still dont know since I just started playing. As far as the amount of track goes, Im not sure, PGR1 had around 200, so I dont think PGR2 would have any less. The tracks are really works of art, you gotta see it to beleave it.

Physics- Now I am a sim racer. For me to play an arcade racer it has to be damn good and fun. The physics in the game are a mix between between simulation and arcade and they got the balance just perfect. Each car is very accurate to the real thing. Each car handles differently and it handles in the way that the real thing would. I've seen plenty of car vids, magazine car reviews, and I raced plenty of accurate computer replicated cars in sims to confirm this.

The game has some very nice sim touches which are really hard to explain. You really need to wait for the turbos to spool up to feel the boost, when you get the car over the curbing its does not want to turn that much little things like that which build up to make a great experiance.
From the arcade side power slides and drifts are hell lotta fun and are easy to achive, now thats no NFS Underground drifts and slides, these actually take skill to save and look and feel real.
This game has the best ever mix of sim/arcade I would say its 60%sim and 40arcade, or even 70/30.
Each car is very accurate, and really has its own character.

Conclusion- This game gets 95 out of 100 just because there never will be a perfect game, and there is one thing that still pisses me off. NO cockpit view. I just hate that, I get used to it but I need a cockpit view which no console game ever had.

Now Grand Tursimo has absolutly nothing againts this game. Even my friend who only has a PS2 and loves GT3aspec said that PGR2 is the king. Its just the combination of great audio, video, and gameplay which make GT3 look bad in comparison.

I know that GT3aspec by now has a big reputation, and lots of fans, and people are calling it the King, but the King is dead so long live the new King PGR2.

I dont think PGR2 will get the King crown just because of GT3s huge fan base, but still PGR2 is da king.

BTW- The screenshots you find online dont look anything like they do on my TV.

Now I dont know if anybody botherd to read this but I just had to write this. What do you people think about this game?

yg60m
12-27-2003, 01:59 AM
I tried PGR 1 and I always prefer Gran Turismo 3. The graffics are good (maybe not as good as PGR but not sure) and the driving is miles away. :D
I have yet to try PGR 2 but I am waiting GT4. :wink:

mhn3773
12-27-2003, 02:17 AM
my one quam with pgr2 is that if u get close enough to the other cars while passing they will try and ram u..in corners they will belligerently drive through u

thats not that bad because the only alternative in other games is little wussy computers that run and hide from u making it no fun

the crash engine i will have to disagree with u on...its not that realistic at all in nothing u smash affects the way the car drives but u cant get everything

what is cool though if u are driving one of the 911s..i belive the first one if u bash in the rear of the car the exh will drag on the ground making a scraping noise =)

twboy1999
12-27-2003, 02:24 AM
i prefeer
gt4

blah
12-27-2003, 03:28 AM
Omg i bought it today its so bad ass.

Toronto
12-27-2003, 03:29 AM
this games sounds good, but i think rally games always have the best graphics, i might just go and pic this game up, i got the first one when i got my xbox but sold it for another game

cho_888
12-27-2003, 04:10 AM
ok this game is unreal!
I have finished it on silver and i am now doing it in gold. I am on live and have a rank of 13. I love it! If you have live the game is about 5 million times better than it is on its own.

HoboPie
12-27-2003, 04:53 AM
rsc2 might surpass it, but right now PGR2 probably has the best graphics of any console game released ever.

It is also one of the most fun games I have ever played. I actually went through the effort of finding a small store that would sell it a couple days before it was technically on sale.

I have been enjoying since then and I haven't really played much else. I was acutally having no trouble with getting all platinums(infact it felt easier than getting all golds which I started with), but I hit the American Muscle cars and I just can't stand the cars. Some are quick, but you have to brake forever just to take a corner.

Anyway I completely agree with the review.

666fast
12-27-2003, 04:54 AM
The game is an absolute blast. I haven't stopped playing it since I bought it awhile ago.
I agree with pretty much everything you said SFD. A few of the cars look a bit off though. The sounds are damn good for most cars, but not all fo them. You'll know what I'm talking about when you hop into a TVR. It's damn near silent when ti should be damn loud.

Right now, I have almost all golds on Arcade and am currently getting all the golds on the World Series. I think I have about 10 more to go. I don't think I'll ge all platinums, that is just insane!
I'm Kudos Ranked 46 I believe. I have just over 1 million kudos.

cho_888
12-27-2003, 05:01 AM
I know what you are saying when you say this game is good, but its gets put in to a new context when you play it live. When ever you post a time around a track it uploads it and gives you a rank to see how fast you are compared to the rest of the world. There is room for about 30 downloadably cars in the live section of the show room and the online playing is the best. real time talking and very competative racing that never gets boring or old.

noosee
12-27-2003, 05:32 AM
I still can't deside X-Box with Project Gotham or PS2 with Grand Tourismo

SFDMALEX
12-27-2003, 12:26 PM
my one quam with pgr2 is that if u get close enough to the other cars while passing they will try and ram u..in corners they will belligerently drive through u

thats not that bad because the only alternative in other games is little wussy computers that run and hide from u making it no fun

the crash engine i will have to disagree with u on...its not that realistic at all in nothing u smash affects the way the car drives but u cant get everything

what is cool though if u are driving one of the 911s..i belive the first one if u bash in the rear of the car the exh will drag on the ground making a scraping noise =)

Well when you think about the crash engine its damn good compared to other games. Making a very realistic crash engine is as hard or maybe harder then making car physics. I dont know of a game with better crash effects, maybe there is one, but I dont play much games.

As for the AI I got pissed a few times when they ram me, but I started to like them. They are very dynamic and drive all over, no perfect racing line here.

SFDMALEX
12-27-2003, 12:29 PM
I still can't deside X-Box with Project Gotham or PS2 with Grand Tourismo

Well there is a lot of hype around GT4 so better wait till it comes out and read some reviews.

But if your thinking of Xbox with PGR2 or PS2 with GT3, then go with Xbox right away.

maalox
12-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Man I wonder if PGR2's timely success had anything to do with GT4's delay--I mean I love Gran Turismo, but I think they failed on two fronts with it: 1) They have decided to stick unerringly to their old formula--pure sim--meaning GT4 may end up being GT3.5 2) They are unwilling to pay for licenses (Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini) that a lot of people would really like to see. (This may be because it is a Japanese development house who are more favourable to domestic producers, but still, it's kinda shooting yourself in the foot.) Sure they appear to have a McLaren F1, but it's some dumb racing version just like the Lambo was in GT3--i.e. not the actual car. Hopefully the success of PGR2 will stir things up a bit in the future.

With all that said, I'm dying for its release and have earmarked $400CAN for the new 900 degree wheel (my Momo was stolen :(), the game, and the online kit for the New Year :D.

gis
12-27-2003, 07:40 PM
i had this game and im currently no less than gold medals on it,i have about 54 platinums aswell.the game is awesome,really is

people who say they prefer the gran turismo games,i dont really know how that game be said coz they are different games really

SFDMALEX
12-29-2003, 12:15 AM
Guys what cars can I get when I have Xbox live for this game?

DR.GONZO
12-29-2003, 01:17 AM
I tried PGR 1 and I always prefer Gran Turismo 3. The graffics are good (maybe not as good as PGR but not sure) and the driving is miles away. :D

pgr2 is tight, I have it It's hard but you get it down Im still a begginer but I will only say this once everything about gt3 (and cant wait for gt4) is the BEST!! :D Graphics everything GT4 , but pgr2 is the next best game out there!

DR.GONZO
12-29-2003, 01:18 AM
nfs underground is fun too, but it's strictly a tuner game. :(

SFDMALEX
12-29-2003, 01:24 AM

pgr2 is tight, I have it It's hard but you get it down Im still a begginer but I will only say this once everything about gt3 (and cant wait for gt4) is the BEST!! :D Graphics everything GT4 , but pgr2 is the next best game out there!

Yo Gonzo is that avatar of the guy from Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas?

DR.GONZO
12-29-2003, 01:27 AM
you know it Im DR.GONZO!!!!!!!!!!! always have been lol finally some that knows!!

DR.GONZO
12-29-2003, 01:28 AM
im that rotten attorney!

SFDMALEX
12-29-2003, 01:47 AM
Hehe am I the first one to find out?

mrzonda
12-29-2003, 03:25 AM
I've played PGR2 briefly. I love it. Graphics, car selection, physics, etc, etc, etc.
The only thing I'm not too sure about (I need to play it a bit more) is that there is no real sensation of speed. Example: I was driving the Zonda in a city, I exit one corner at 30mph, hit the brakes at the end of the straight at 150mph, and I couldn't tell the difference between the two speeds.

I still think it's a great game though.

DR.GONZO
12-29-2003, 04:34 AM
Hehe am I the first one to find out?

yes you are you are my buddie now, cause you know whats up! :D :D

666fast
12-29-2003, 05:43 PM
im that rotten attorney!

LOL, I haven't seen that movie in a damn long time!
"Whoa, wher di you get that big fucker?"
"Limes, What limes?"

SFD, as far as I know, nothing has been released as far as I know for the downloadable stuff. There are supposed lists, but none of it is confirmed. The first batch is supposed to come out Jan 1, we will have to wait and see if it actually happens though.

SFDMALEX
12-29-2003, 06:42 PM
im that rotten attorney!

LOL, I haven't seen that movie in a damn long time!
"Whoa, wher di you get that big fucker?"
"Limes, What limes?"

SFD, as far as I know, nothing has been released as far as I know for the downloadable stuff. There are supposed lists, but none of it is confirmed. The first batch is supposed to come out Jan 1, we will have to wait and see if it actually happens though.

Ok thanks for the info, I herd someone say that 30cars were already availible for download :?

cho_888
12-29-2003, 07:22 PM
no at the moment no cars are avabalible. However in the Xbox live section of teh showroom there is room for 30.

mhn3773
12-29-2003, 10:13 PM
as the cars start to get faster u will have to contend with differences in the handling....it will change u just have to go faster..the breaks with lock and the car will slide into a wall if u don't either corner just right or pulse the brakes

the car will also be easier to upset when u are going faster..as in a quick left with a counter right onto heavy braking will send the car around or into a nasty slide

this one is definitely much harder to drive and control then PGR1 u have to be more subtle with the brakes and feather the gas to keep perfect momentum where as in the first one u could just nail the brakes and slam the gas to a point

crispy
12-29-2003, 10:32 PM
Nice review.

I agree about the Ferrari's. When I first started walking around the showroom, and I saw that the Ferrari showroom was down the hall, I "sprinted" down the hall. Good Lord, what a selection. I had to drive each available one.

Gripe 1 about the game, since I did drive one after the other, I wish the test track was a little more varied. There's only one left hand turn, and most of the turns are large radius sweepers.

Gripe 2 about the game, I wish you could set up solo races on any track with any series of cars.

I'm not going to debate GT3 vs. PGR2. But how about we just combine the games. Choose the arcade mode in and get PGR2, or choose the sim mode and get GT3.

RC45
12-29-2003, 10:33 PM
No way is PGR2 a GT3 beater.

For enjoying a computerized drive there is still no console experience that comes close to the PS2/GT3/Momo Force feedback steering wheel event.

PGR2 is a close arcade 2nd - but the level of tweaking and tuning and replayability of GT3 beats PGR2 hands down.

I completed PGR2 - and it is still on the shelf were I left it a month ago.

GT4 cannot happen quick enough.

666fast
12-30-2003, 03:51 AM
I disagree RC45! LOL

PGR2 for me is far more fun that GT3 ever was. I played GT3 for about a month and gave up. The only difference from GT2 was better graphics. You can still slam off of a wall and barely lose speed. Not to mention the six car field, it should be so much larger. PGR2 only manages 8, but it's far more detailed than GT3. Hell, 24 Hours LeMans on the Dreamcast had 20 car fields and it had great graphics. The Dreamcast rocked, sucks that it died.
RC45, if you can, play online. I'm told it's a freakin blast.

If GT4 doesn't improve on what I want it to, it'll be the last GT game I buy. I already know it only has a 6 car field, but I can live with that. I do have high hopes for it though.

Anyway, I finished getting all golds today. Got myself a shiny new CLK GTR. It's a pretty good car, definately worth the effort to unlock it. I'm now Ranked 46 or 47, I forget. I have almost 1.1 million kudos. I will spend sometime tomorrow trying to get Platinums, hopefully I'll be good enough. The Speed 12 is supposed to be the cats ass.

DR.GONZO
12-30-2003, 04:27 AM
mmm, it's kinda like gt3 but I really can't fuck with gt3 pgr2 is similar but it isn't there is no better racing game out there than gt, can't wait till part 4 But I dig pgr2 I am having a lot of fun( but still not gt) imo.. :D

altedza
12-30-2003, 08:56 AM
i liked it quite a bit, but my friend, who killed at it, didnt. so he took his xbox home. :[

altedza
12-30-2003, 08:57 AM
mmm, it's kinda like gt3 but I really can't fuck with gt3 pgr2 is similar but it isn't there is no better racing game out there than gt, can't wait till part 4 But I dig pgr2 I am having a lot of fun( but still not gt) imo.. :D

what about need for speed: underground?!?! ;] Get low!! ;)

DR.GONZO
12-30-2003, 03:44 PM
yea it's fun but I wish it wasnt strictly tuner, they need more variety of cars not just tuner. but it's fun

SFDMALEX
12-30-2003, 03:54 PM
Tuner??????? I would say Ricer, no tuner.

gis
12-30-2003, 03:56 PM
also NFSU needed the cars to be different speeds.no matter what car it was,if a 206 had the same mods as a supra,they were the same speed,thats the only thing i hated about it

DMbaseball1604
12-30-2003, 07:30 PM
I actually got pgr2 for Christmas and I love it! The only thing I dont like is having to work to get all of the really nice cars..haha it takes a little while

DR.GONZO
12-30-2003, 08:45 PM
yea RICER your right!

didn't want to start up some shit by saying rice rocket cars

SFDMALEX
12-30-2003, 09:38 PM
yea RICER your right!

didn't want to start up some shit by saying rice rocket cars

Say what ever you want, I'll bomb any ricer. I did create the RKK.

cho_888
12-30-2003, 09:49 PM
yep. cant stand under ground PRG2 is so much better! i only wish there where more racing circuts like the ring only maybe shorter.

DR.GONZO
12-31-2003, 03:31 PM
I did create the RKK.

what's the RKK Rice Killing Kommunity, lol

NicoBeAsT
12-31-2003, 04:53 PM
I played that game on my friends X Box and it really is amazing, the sounds are what impressed me the most, how each car had its unique engine note, like the 355 not sounding the same as the 360 details like that make this game really great. I want to buy an X Box just to be able to play it. I didn't get to try the Enzo cuz we rented the game and we weren't able to get that far :(
Great game and this is a cool site only wish i could download and upload videos I have a lot of top gear and 5th gear videos but want those new ones i see in the vaults :)

SFDMALEX
12-31-2003, 06:52 PM
I did create the RKK.

Ricer Killers Klub.

DR.GONZO
01-01-2004, 06:32 AM
I did create the RKK.

Ricer Killers Klub.

Hey check out the sig, does it work! :D What kinda rice killa you have anyhow??

chernobyl
01-01-2004, 09:01 AM
The Enzo is alright. Its the best car i have raced in it anyways, but its very tail happy and like an over powered go kart [makes sense i guess] but theres no TC on it so you will whellspin like mad.

The best car is certainly the Speed 12 but since you need all platinum to unlock it or a mate with a memory card who has done that already then you dont have much chance in getting it. Platinum cone challenges....no thanks.

Most people who have played the game for a while seem to race wither the GT1 or the CLK and seem to have developed a snobbery about the Enzo being bollox but i am able to give them a good race and can even win against some racers who literally have no life. I mean, rank 33 in Xbox live and i was winning on the the ring against them....well until i fucked up about 25 corners from home :) haha 25 is more than most tracks altogether.

I was almost put totally of live on my first night. I joined a PGR2 game which was full of americans. A guy who sounded like 14 goes to me: "your not from america" so i respond "no shit sherlock" and this is just priceless...he then says "so what part of canada are you from?"
Luckily i have a little buddy list now, mostly scottish boys who seem to have a little more education or intelligence than that :)

The brits/scots whatever are a good laugh, although i think some take the racing way way to serious but thats how you get better i suppose.

SFDMALEX
01-01-2004, 01:35 PM
I did create the RKK.

Ricer Killers Klub.

Hey check out the sig, does it work! :D What kinda rice killa you have anyhow??

Welcome to the Klub. Speaking of the Klub I got to update the RKK thread.

asthenia
01-02-2004, 07:03 PM
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the Nurburgring. It's the only reason I wanted to get the game, and I played for three days to unlock it (no Live yet).

The physics are the best I've seen in any game so far -- not perfect, but much more simulation than arcade -- and the car selection is great. If you've got a big screen and 5.1 sound, certain cars sound very realistic.

But the Nurburgring is the big draw. I've done about a dozen laps of it so far in different cars to try and get a feel for it, and I got an 8:16 in an NSX-R (trying to beat that Best Motoring guy who did it in 7:56...no dice yet.)

I don't do video games, but I love this one.

blah
01-02-2004, 08:05 PM
How did you unlock it Asthenia?

SFDMALEX
01-02-2004, 08:09 PM
How did you unlock it Asthenia?

You got to finish the final race in the Ultimate Class.

blah
01-02-2004, 09:07 PM
damn i just finished american muscle.

gis
01-02-2004, 10:06 PM
you just finished american nuscle............tell me,was it just me or was that series the most boring one on the game,was to me :)

blah
01-02-2004, 10:41 PM
It was extremely boring im just about to finish Supercar series, im using a Z06 Corvette black, it is raping everything but the viper, i was out infron of the viper for about 1/4 of a long straight, and the damn thing flew past me and cut me off, damn V-10s.

SFDMALEX
01-02-2004, 11:15 PM
you just finished american nuscle............tell me,was it just me or was that series the most boring one on the game,was to me :)

I could not stand it. I raced the Stang GT in it, and that thing just would not turn....It was the worst of the bunch.

gis
01-02-2004, 11:20 PM
i used the older mustang and it just pissed me off,then i bought the new mustang and just sort of.......juddered around all the tracks,just wishing it would end soon

blah
01-02-2004, 11:21 PM
I didnt like the pacific muscle at all either though it sucked ass. But i really enjoyed supercar, im on the next level, I have a 575 Maranello in black.

gis
01-02-2004, 11:41 PM
pacific muscle was ok,i liked it,it was a lot more fun if u used a better car.i used 2 cars in the whole thing,the skyline and the WRX STI,those 2 cars got me gold in every race.

blah
01-03-2004, 12:06 AM
I used the skyline through out the hole thing, Right now im on Grand Toruning the hotlap of red sqaure god damn this series never ends. BTW the only grievance i have about the game is the sound of the Ferraris V-12s, especially the Maranello, if youve seen bad boys 2 then you know what sound im talking about. Its more of a faint noise in the game, but in real life its a beast of a sound.

Leo_M3
01-03-2004, 01:32 AM
Wait till GT4 comes out.

Me personaly, since I cant legaly drive, I prefer pure sims.
Gives me a bit of insight on skidding cars and playing with the physics of nature.

And yes I do agree, it is like shooting yourself in the foot by not having the most exotic Italian marques.

gis
01-03-2004, 08:50 AM
LEO_M3 - GT4 is completely different game to PGR2,but u cant deny that PGR2 is fun,coz it is,and once u get the nurburgring,its a shit load more fun.

blah - i know what u mean about the ferrari V12,dont really sound ferrari do they,but got to admit,the 355 and 360 CS sound nice.i dont really know which series i found the best to do,maybe the track cars one,due to the 360 and the GT3,which has been everyone elses favourite series?

SFDMALEX
01-03-2004, 12:25 PM
I didnt like the pacific muscle at all either though it sucked ass. But i really enjoyed supercar, im on the next level, I have a 575 Maranello in black.

No shit. Pacific muscle was bad because because it took me 10hours to pass, you know why? I could not stop drifiting in that stupid skyline...

blah
01-03-2004, 01:03 PM
yea those cars do drift all over the place, but GIS they did get the ferrari v-8 sounds down, but the V-12s for some reason were off. Maybe in 3 they will add Lamborghini.

gis
01-03-2004, 02:48 PM
that was goin to be the next thing i was goin to say,the one thing they missed off this game was lambos,would have loved to have taken a diablo GT or murcialago around the ring

666fast
01-03-2004, 06:52 PM

No shit. Pacific muscle was bad because because it took me 10hours to pass, you know why? I could not stop drifiting in that stupid skyline...

You should ahve used the RX7, it was a bit faster and easier to drive than the Skyline.

I'd like to see Lambo added as well. I dont' think it'll happen though. There was an all Lamborghini racing game being made for the Xbox, but I don't know what happened to it.

gis
01-03-2004, 07:19 PM
it did come out for the ps2 if i remember,never seen it in the shops though had the very bad ass title of "lambourghini" lol

asthenia
01-03-2004, 07:45 PM
I just did a clean run on the Nordschleife again in an NSX-R, this time in 7:59.816. Needed a cigarette after that. The Best Motoring video of 7:56 is under 'road racing' on racingflix ... definitely worth seeing. I bet I could get closer if I had a force feedback wheel...

racer_f50
01-03-2004, 09:51 PM
hell ya, this game rocks. it's got that kinda addicting difficulty that old NES and SNES games used to have, where you'll get so pissed that you throw your controller. but it's soooo rewarding in the end.

excellent stuff :twisted:

gis
01-04-2004, 11:55 AM
I just did a clean run on the Nordschleife again in an NSX-R, this time in 7:59.816. Needed a cigarette after that. The Best Motoring video of 7:56 is under 'road racing' on racingflix ... definitely worth seeing. I bet I could get closer if I had a force feedback wheel...

i just tried the NSX-R around the ring to see what i could get and i got a 7:53.500 and i even made a couple little mistakes

knitevulture
01-04-2004, 07:11 PM
i dont eally like the whole racing on xbox thing, i always preffered the Gran Turismo feeling on a PS system, i LOVED gran turismo 3 and cannot wait until Gran turismo 4 comes out, what a beaute.

blah
01-04-2004, 07:19 PM
Ill be using th Z06 once i unlock it.

666fast
01-05-2004, 05:28 AM

i just tried the NSX-R around the ring to see what i could get and i got a 7:53.500 and i even made a couple little mistakes

And now my goal is to smash your time to annoy you. :twisted:

blah
01-05-2004, 06:06 AM
OMG i finally just beat the game as i type, i ran a 15.06.426 on my 2 laps of the ring, jesus fucking christ did that feel like forever. my las lap was a 7.25 something. Go Enzo.

gis
01-05-2004, 09:16 AM

And now my goal is to smash your time to annoy you. :twisted:

lol,no doubt you will JUST to annoy me,but i will come back,oh and BTW im catching on your enzo time,i got 6:38.135 last night after u went off MSN,it wont be long now till i beat it to annoy you,lol

blah
01-05-2004, 01:49 PM
omg GIS your addicted, well both of you are, considering you hvae a 8 hour time difference, you people make me sick, i was only up till 3 am playing.

blah
01-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Just ran a 8.26 with the z06 on my 2nd time around the ring, w00t. just ran a 8.08 on my 3rd run. im getting closer, btw this is with the Z06.

gis
01-05-2004, 02:16 PM
omg GIS your addicted, well both of you are, considering you hvae a 8 hour time difference, you people make me sick, i was only up till 3 am playing.

lol,nope not addicted,666fast told me that the enzo was good around the ring,coz i hadnt used it around the ring b4,so on my 5th lap,i got that time.

i aint tried the Z06 yet,ill try it 2nite though and see what i get then i will post it

a32
01-05-2004, 05:26 PM
you never mentioned that it has Nurburgring.

gis
01-05-2004, 05:28 PM
who hasnt? :?

gis
01-05-2004, 10:15 PM
ok blah i done my time for Z06 to see what i could get and after 2 laps i got 7:21.799

i found a peice of paper in my bookelt aswell of 2 cars i did a couple weeks ago,so i thought i would add them to the others i done over the past couple weeks,only 6 times so far,but it would be good to compare times with everyone here is my list so far

Mazda RX8 - 8:33.151
Ford focus RS - 8:20.667
Honda S2000 - 8:12.617
Porsche cayenne turbo - 7:52.215
Chevrolet corvette Z06 - 7:21.799
Ferrari enzo - 6:38.135

BTW just done the Z06 and cayenne 2nite and it was a bad idea doin the cayenne afetr the Z06,u know a cayenne doesnt handle like a Z06 and doesnt seem to want to corner as good,lol

ayway,lets see everyone elses times as they do them :D

blah
01-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Wait till i get a few more laps of pratice in and ill try and set the Z06's official Nurburg time of 6.38 i believe.

HoboPie
01-05-2004, 11:55 PM
These are all first laps as I don't have the patience to do a slow first lap or perfect, but fast first lap just to do a second.

Here are a couple:

GT1 6:23
Enzo 6:28
CGT 6:35
F50 6:46
GT3 7:11
Z06 7:16:600
360 7:22
NSX-R 7:59
Cayenne 8:03

Looks like I will have to take the Cayenne and Z06 out a couple more times

edit: only had time to take out the Z06, but it was quick, every quick actually, kind of scary. It did everything I wanted it to.

blah
01-06-2004, 02:05 AM

i just got a 7.53.515 on the ring with the Z06 4th time out! w00t.

frodefe
01-06-2004, 03:45 AM
Does anybody know if there exists a program/utility that makes it possible
to play X-Box games on your PC?

666fast
01-06-2004, 05:04 AM
Hey gis, I got 7:46.xxx with the NSX. So, ha!
From now on I'll start keeping track of my times on the Nurburgring to compare with everyone.

gis
01-06-2004, 09:09 AM
lol,looks like i will have to try again with my NSX,another 7 seconds to try and get off my time,thats gonna be tough,i see in the future an x-box pad bein thrown from one end of my room,to the other lol

i will be doin another couple cars 2nite so i will update my list :)

SFDMALEX
01-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Does anybody know if there exists a program/utility that makes it possible
to play X-Box games on your PC?

There is an emulator at the moment but you can only play halo on it.

gis
01-06-2004, 10:29 PM
ok here is mu list updated,stars next to the new ones for today

HondMazda RX8 - 8:33.151
a S2000 - 8:12.617
*Toyota supra - 7:59.734
*Mazda RX7 - 7:59.481
*Subaru impreza STI - 7:54.051
*Honda NSX-R - 7:46.416
Ferrari enzo - 6:38.135

the RX7 was tough,there is easily another 4 seconds to take off that time,but hittin every corner perfect is pretty hard.
i just been tryin the porsche GT1 as 666fast told me to,i am goin to try that properly 2morrow night when im fully awake,but t hat car is insanely quick.
on each of those cars ther eis still no less than half a second could be taken off the times,maybe more on a couple,but gettin everythin spot on is hard.

666fast
01-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Here is a small list of some of my times. I will keep going untill I've done my best with each car.

Subaru Impreza STi 7:57.633
Toyota Supra TT 7:59.317
Mazda RX-7 8:00.067

Porsche 911 GT2 (993) 6:56.461
Porsche 911 GT1 6:25.519
Mercedes CLK-GTR 6:30.466

SFDMALEX
01-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Wait till i get a few more laps of pratice in and ill try and set the Z06's official Nurburg time of 6.38 i believe.

Thats 7.38

gis
01-10-2004, 12:29 AM
heres my updated list couple new cars and one car updated time which was a shocker for me

Toyota supra - 7:59.734
Mazda RX7 - 7:59.481
Subaru impreza STI - 7:54.051
Honda NSX-R - 7:46.416
*Porsche 996 turbo - 7:19.783
*Porsche GT2 (993) - 6:58.517
*Mercedes CLK-GTR - 6:30.151
**Ferrari enzo - 6:28.532
*Porsche GT1 - 6:27.000

1 star is a new car time and 2 star is an updated time.

the 996 turbo was really easy to drive IMO,let off the throttle and the car slowed down just the right ammount for a corner b4 u had to brake,some corners i didnt use brake.fel easy.

the porsche GT2,Mercedes CLK GTR and the porsche GT1 all are very quick around the track,the times were quick but out on the track there is at least another 3 maybe up to about 9-10 seconds still to take off,but thats only if the lap is 100% perfect,and that i cant do.

biggest surprise for me was the enzo,i knocked almost 10 seconds off the time.i think there may be another half second to take off it again,but that will be tough.

cant wait for u to see those times 666fast,especially the enzo one :fist: and the CLK by only a bit aswell,lol i know your goin to call me some names but get back out on the track and i got just 3 words for you......

bring it........BIAAAAATCH,LOL :P :wink:

cho_888
01-10-2004, 05:20 AM
shit thoughs are some dam fast times i only manage 6.48 in a GT1, but then i dont play the ring that often

666fast
01-10-2004, 05:27 AM
cant wait for u to see those times 666fast,especially the enzo one and the CLK by only a bit aswell,lol i know your goin to call me some names but get back out on the track and i got just 3 words for you......

bring it........BIAAAAATCH,LOL

You are so dead. I'm not gonna stop untill I have you CLK GTR time beaten by at least 3 seconds.

That time with the Enzo is damn fast, thats about 10 seconds quicker than my time. But I'll give it my best, just to annoy you. :D

gis
01-10-2004, 09:29 AM
lol,the enzo time was totally unexpected.i tried it after i used the CLK and GT1 and then the enzo just came alive

the battle between our CLK GTR is goin to be good.........for me that is,LOL 0X :wink:

666fast
01-18-2004, 04:25 AM
Subaru Impreza STi 7:57.633
Toyota Supra TT 7:59.317
Mazda RX-7 8:00.067

Porsche 911 GT2 (993) 6:56.461
Porsche 911 GT1 6:25.519
Mercedes CLK-GTR 6:28.346
Porsche Cayenne S 7:53.869
Ford Lightning 8:47.493 <--- 3 most boring laps ever
Pontiac Trans Am 8:15.915
Corvette Stingray 7:54.250
Corvette Z06 7:18.166
Dodge Viper 7:15.466
Ferrari F355 7:32.548
Ferrari F360 Modena 7:20.617

My updated list of times. I haven't been playing a whole lot lately, but hopefully I'll get some good time in tomorrow...err....today.
Anyway, gis, make sure to take a look at the CLK GTR time! :P

mhn3773
01-18-2004, 05:54 AM
ill have to get on the x-box tonite see if we cant get G off his high horse =) j.k man

ill post some times tommorow moring see if i am any good

also any of u guys on x-box live? id love to race someone that doesnt try to ram me into the wall in the first 2 secconds of the race lol

cho_888
01-18-2004, 06:57 AM
yeah i'm live
gamer tag is cho888

gis
01-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Anyway, gis, make sure to take a look at the CLK GTR time! :P

this means war :D that time is pretty dam quick in the CLK

heres my updated list;

Toyota supra - 7:59.734
Porsche 996 turbo - 7:19.783
Dodge viper SRT-10 - 7:15.834
Dodge viper GTS - 7:14.649
Ferrari 360 challenge stradale - 7:11.300
Porsche GT2 (993) - 6:58.517
Pagani zonda S - 6:34.267
Mercedes CLK-GTR - 6:30.151
Ferrari enzo - 6:28.532
Porsche GT1 - 6:27.000

new ones are the zonda,the 2 vipers and the 360 CS.again,i think there is still a little bit of time to take off them,but those are with perfect laps.

gis
01-18-2004, 01:05 PM
ok,i was gonna wait till 2nite to do the laps in the CLK to get 666fast to cry again,but i thought nah,ill make him cry A.S.A.P so i went out int he CLK and then thought,ill try and beat him some more so i went out int he GT1 aswell and dude,your gonna go to bed and cry now lol here are the 2 updated times

Mercedes CLK-GTR - 6:25.650
Porsche GT1 - 6:25.468

0X :D

the GT1 just beat your time,lol and i went out for a 3rd lap int he GT1 and spun about 1/4 the way around and i was 2.667 up on that time so there is stilla bit to go on that car :mrgreen:

Viper Venom
01-18-2004, 01:34 PM
Any one got the Cerbera Speed 12?

HoboPie
01-18-2004, 03:05 PM
Here is a couple from me. Yeah I have it(and earned it)

Cerbera 6:12.124(not so good)
GT1 6:18.951
Enzo 6:24.801
Zonda 6:32.868
CGT 6:35.xx
F50 6:34.44
Ferrari CS 7:09.767
M3 7:48.345

These are all first laps, I can't stand waiting for a second lap.

666fast
01-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Gis, you bastard! It took me something like 10 laps to get that time with the CLK! LOL
No worries, I'll beat you eventually!

You bastard

gis
01-18-2004, 06:08 PM
LOL,thanks 666fast,i know those bastard comments really mean "well done danny,ill be as good as u soon" LMAO :P j/k

hobopie - you got all platinums,without cheating?

Homer91186
01-18-2004, 06:56 PM
I like your review. As a true PGR 1 fanatic, I got this game on the very first day it came out. The detail on the cars in the first game and the handling characteristics were so much fun to just take the car out on a free ride and do nothing but drive. Same with this game. I have beaten it on silver and gotten the Porsche GT1. Nothing is more fun than taking that LeMans-derived racer on the realistic 14-mile Nurburgring. Thanks for the post, and the respect to the car lovers who make these gaems.

HoboPie
01-18-2004, 08:11 PM
LOL,thanks 666fast,i know those bastard comments really mean "well done danny,ill be as good as u soon" LMAO :P j/k

hobopie - you got all platinums,without cheating?

Yep, it isn't that impossible. It certainly seemed easier than all golds in PGR1.

Though that is still on KWS. I haven't really touched the arcade area.

gis
01-18-2004, 08:29 PM
id really like to knw how u got platinums on the cone challenged in the main game coz i cant get platinum on them to save my life :P

HoboPie
01-18-2004, 09:22 PM
I found one of the coupe cone challenges and the Grand Touring ones to be the most difficult.

I thought the way I do it was the only way, but apparently others do it other ways.
I just go through and make sure I get every single gate in the 1 or 2 laps in a combo.

If that doesn't work then you probably just need an extra slide or two around a corner because of the massive effect the combo has when it gets really high.

jaybv6
01-24-2004, 05:52 AM
Right, I have just bought an X-Box and have been playing PGR2. It's hot. Complete the KWS a couple of days ago on silver, gotta do PLat to get the CLK though.

Is anyone gonna formulate a list of the top times per car on here? If I get chance I don't mind going through the posts and making such a list. I.e best time per car and best overal time. What do you think?

scubywrxr
01-24-2004, 07:02 AM
DO u guys think GT4 is going to be better than this?

SFDMALEX
01-24-2004, 10:22 AM
DO u guys think GT4 is going to be better than this?

They are different games Scuby. GT4 is a sim wanna be. While PGR2 is somewhere between sim and arcade.

I played GT3 and in comparsion to PGR2 its doesnt come close to the fun factor of PGR2. Plus you get some sick cars in PGR2. Shit load of exotics, all big names were GT series features a shit load of Civics. And the graphics on it are just spectacular.

I know a few friends who were Gran Tursimo followers and now converted to PGR2.

I guess we will just have to wait for GT4.

gis
01-24-2004, 11:37 AM
Right, I have just bought an X-Box and have been playing PGR2. It's hot. Complete the KWS a couple of days ago on silver, gotta do PLat to get the CLK though.

Is anyone gonna formulate a list of the top times per car on here? If I get chance I don't mind going through the posts and making such a list. I.e best time per car and best overal time. What do you think?

sounds good jay,have a little competition to see who has the best times and stuff :)

i think GT4 is goin to rule and no doubt when it comes out it will be played a lot,but PGR2 and GT series are different games really

MaffMaff
01-27-2004, 08:47 AM

You get the CLK buy finisihing the game with GOLDS. The platinums will get you the TVR Speed 12, the fastest (straight line) and most over-used car in Live! Time-Trials. Action Replay spoilt the game a little in my view.

Matt

MaffMaff
01-27-2004, 08:51 AM

sounds good jay,have a little competition to see who has the best times and stuff :)

i think GT4 is going to rule and no doubt when it comes out it will be played a lot,but PGR2 and GT series are different games really

I'm reserving judgement on GT4 until I actually get my hands on it. Granted, it looks good and the addition of Online play is attractive. Somehow though, I think PGR2 will win overall as an all round online racer. I'm completely un-impressed with Sony's online system. To give them credit, Microsoft have done a great job with the Live! design. The Friends list system is fantastic. I also think that the XBox and it's Hard drive abilities (downloadable content, fast load times etc) may make GT4 seem a little "behind" when it comes out.

Still, like I said - I'll wait until it actually comes out.

Matt

jaybv6
01-27-2004, 07:13 PM
Right, here's the current table. I will list the cars first (with their current top times and drivers) then I will list the fastest time of JW at the Ring.

Subaru Impreza STi
1 - Gis - 7:54.051
2 - 666fast - 7:57.633

Toyota Supra TT
1 - 666fast - 7:59.317
2 - Gis - 7:59.734

Mazda RX-7
1 - Gis - 7:59.481
2 - 666fast - 8:00.067

Porsche 911 GT3
1 - HoboPie - 7:11

Porsche 911 GT2 (993)
1 - 666fast - 6:56.461
2 - Gis - 6:58.517

Porsche 911 GT1
1 - HoboPie - 6:18.951
2 - Gis - 6:25.468
3 - 666fast - 6:25.519
4 - Cho_888 - 6:48

Honda NSX-R
1 - 666fast - 7:46.000
2 - Gis - 7:46.416
3 - HoboPie - 7:59
4 - Asthenia - 7:59.816

Mercedes CLK-GTR
1 - Gis - 6:25.650
2 - 666fast - 6:28.346

Porsche Cayenne Turbo
1 - Gis - 7:52.215
2 - 666fast - 7:53.869
3 - HoboPie - 8:03

Corvette Z06
1 - HoboPie - 7:16.600
2 - 666fast - 7:18.166
3 - Gis - 7:21.799
4 - Blah - 7:53.515

Ford Lightning
1 - 666fast - 8:47.493

Pontiac Trans Am
1 - 666fast - 8:15.915

Corvette Stingray
1 - 666fast - 7:54.250

Dodge Viper GTS
1 - Gis - 7:14.649
2 - 666fast - 7:15.466

Dodge Viper SRT-10
1 - Gis - 7:15.834

Ford focus RS
1 - Gis - 8:20.667

Mazda RX8
1 - Gis - 8:33.151

Honda S2000
1 - Gis - 8:12.617

Porsche 996 turbo
1 - Gis - 7:19.783

Ferrari F355
1 - 666fast - 7:32.548

Ferrari F360 Modena
1 - 666fast - 7:20.617
2 - HoboPie - 7:22

Ferrari 360 challenge stradale
1 - HoboPie - 7:09.767
2 - Gis - 7:11.300

Ferrari Enzo
1 - HoboPie - 6:24.801
2 - Gis - 6:28.532
3 - Blah - 7:25

Pagani Zonda S
1 - HoboPie - 6:32.868
2 - Gis - 6:34.267

Porsche Carrera GT
1 - HoboPie - 6:35.xx

Ferrari F50
1 - HoboPie - 6:34.44

BMW M3
1 - HoboPie - 7:48.345

And the fastest so far is HoboPie with a time of 6:18.951 in the Porsche GT1

gis
01-27-2004, 07:35 PM
very nicely done jay there will be my updated list goin up shortly,aint played the game a a bit so im havin a blast on it now.

and 666fast beatin me by a tiny ammount of time ont he supra....... :cry: i cant have that,not on my favourite car,lol

cho_888
01-27-2004, 07:46 PM
i really dont know how you do it. You have too much time on your hands. I want to race you online Gis to see what your made of. I rarly race people that kill me because its alot harder to post lap time ona busy track.

gis
01-27-2004, 08:03 PM
soon as i get broadband cho,we shall race i promise

i dont think jay has to much time on his hands,remember its midnight here int he UK so he may just be sat at home like me and wanted to do it.you should get your times in cho :D

RC45
01-28-2004, 05:11 AM
What are everyone's XBox Live! names? Has that been listed someplace? Or is everyone lucky enought to have their JW nick as Online name?

I am - you guessed it, RC45 ;)

gis
01-28-2004, 11:16 AM
BMW Z4 - 8:10.849
Toyota supra - 7:57.683
BMW M3 - 7:38.734
Porsche carrera coupe (996) - 7:37.099
Aston martin vanquish - 7:32.634
TVR tamora - 7:31.300
Ferrari 355 F1 - 7:29.801
Mercedes SL55 AMG - 7:19.996
Porsche 996 turbo - 7:19.783
Ferrari 360 modena - 7:17.700
Dodge viper SRT-10 - 7:15.834
Dodge viper GTS - 7:12.616
Ferrari 360 challenge stradale - 7:11.300
Porsche GT2 (993) - 6:58.517
Ferrari F50 - 6:44.645
Porsche carrera GT - 6:36.779
Pagani zonda S - 6:34.267
Ferrari enzo - 6:28.532
Mercedes CLK-GTR - 6:25.650
Porsche GT1 - 6:20.733

updated list with a couple new cars for me on there,just been tryin to beat hobopie's porsche GT1 time,im less than 2 second saway and i knocked over 5 seconds off my previous time so im gettin closer :D