PDA

View Full Version : RHCP are Gay! part. 2

Toronto
06-05-2006, 02:07 PM
http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=17507

The Red Hot Chili Peppers have been accused of plagiarism by a radio station in America.

The station, WGMD in Delaware, has produced pretty damning evidence that the bands last single ‘Dani California’ is a rip off of a Tom Petty track.

The song in question is Petty’s 90’s hit ‘Mary Jane’s Last Dance’ and the radio stations Morning Show presenter and producer have alleged the plagiarism.

Producer Jared Morris said: “The chord progression, the melody, the tempo, the key, the lyrical theme… they’re identical.”

mmm...... so what do you RCHP dick riders have to say about this now?

HeilSvenska
06-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Oh that. I heard it on KROQ this morning. I really don't care. It's not that similar, if you heard those two. And who cares? You have to be either a Tom Petty fan or RHCP fan to care. Are you one of those two Toronto? :P

Toronto
06-05-2006, 02:23 PM
ummmm if you hear the two (clearly you didn't) they are the exact same. the site i posted the link for has an mp3 download. they are just just played with diff. equipment. and the lyrics are very close in nature too. it is one thing to take the music from a song, but to take the lyrical theme is another.

HeilSvenska
06-05-2006, 02:29 PM
Meh, I don't care still. It's not like I listen to RHCP anyways.

Toronto
06-05-2006, 02:31 PM
http://www.jared-morris.com/blog/petty.mp3

...now i am waiting for people to bash zeppelin, hendrix, beatles, rolling stones, dylan and clapton for stealing detla riffs, but that is a diff. story...
but i would still argue with someone over them :P

HeilSvenska
06-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Yes yes. I heard it. I meant, if RHCP gets sued for plagiarism, then so be it. Life goes on etc...

Toronto
06-05-2006, 02:34 PM
they won't get sued

dutchmasterflex
06-05-2006, 02:57 PM
I'll have to listen to that track again.. interesting...

TNT
06-05-2006, 04:26 PM
LMAO RHCP just got owned, it is very very very close. but the courts have to choose if it is to close.

gangajas
06-05-2006, 05:27 PM
http://www.jared-morris.com/blog/petty.mp3

...now i am waiting for people to bash zeppelin, hendrix, beatles, rolling stones, dylan and clapton for stealing detla riffs, but that is a diff. story...
but i would still argue with someone over them :P

IIRC Led Zeppelin had to paid a lot of money to Billie Dixon or another blues legend because they plagiared some of his songs....

blinkmeat
06-05-2006, 05:57 PM
I like both bands - but those songs are really close

ZfrkS62
06-05-2006, 08:50 PM
I pointed this out in the other thread. I'm surprised it took this long for people to catch on.

Everytime i hear it i think it's a fucking cover. Still not as bad as The Offspring who have used the same riff for 3 different songs on 3 different albums, but god dammit. It's irritating.

nthfinity
06-05-2006, 09:01 PM
I pointed this out in the other thread. I'm surprised it took this long for people to catch on.

Everytime i hear it i think it's a fucking cover. .

you and me both.... hell, some weeks back (or month even?) i was telling this to Alex ;)

he didn't really believe me at first.... that was exactly the sone i thought it was going to be (albiet a cover song)

anyway.... the RHCP used to be cool :P