PDA

View Full Version : Dodge RAM SRT-10

System
06-01-2006, 01:04 PM
http://img124.imagevenue.com/loc164/th_81367_Dodge_RAM_SRT_10.jpg (http://img124.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc164&image=81367_Dodge_RAM_SRT_10.jpg)

fabro_s
06-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Uncool, what is the purpose of this truck anyway??????? :|

nthfinity
06-01-2006, 01:13 PM
uncool

its fast, it hanldes well (for a truck), and it stops good...

but... it's just trying to steal the Lightning's thunder.

at least it has a proper 6 speed maneul tranny..... i just can't like it that much

DeMoN
06-01-2006, 01:17 PM
seriously uncool. Retarded idea on a retarded car, k thnx bye.

TNT
06-01-2006, 01:43 PM
I say cool. but i am a truck guy at heart. i mean it is powered by a VIPER engine!! :shock:

RC45
06-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Simple idea. Great fun.

Well executed.

Powerful engine in a compact package.

Sub-sub-sub zero - in my mind because it does what the Lightning tried to do, only better.

Oh - and the fact that this overpowered pickup truck is completely misunderstood by G35 drivers is just a bonus.

The only think missing is if it upset TT drivers as much -then it would up there amongst the greatest rides in history.

Daggernite
06-01-2006, 02:32 PM
It is a definate seriously uncool car. Its one of the ugliest too.

TNT
06-01-2006, 03:26 PM
http://www.jabbasworld.net/photopost/data/503/evo91fastclub22.jpg

look at the times. it can't be that bad :)

DeMoN
06-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Simple idea. Great fun.

Well executed.

Powerful engine in a compact package.

Sub-sub-sub zero - in my mind because it does what the Lightning tried to do, only better.

Oh - and the fact that this overpowered pickup truck is completely misunderstood by G35 drivers is just a bonus.

The only think missing is if it upset TT drivers as much -then it would up there amongst the greatest rides in history.

I knew the Sub-zero vote had to be from a redneck. I didnt even have to read down to know who voted sub-zero, LOL, so predictable. Bashing on a 20-23 year old with a G35, lol, just jelouse you got to drive a pickup with a pork in the back at my age.

nthfinity
06-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Bashing on a 20-23 year old with a G35, lol, just jelouse you got to drive a pickup with a pork in the back at my age.

what does that mean? we eat Beef here ;) to think that anybody is jelouse of a G35 is just teasing themselves... if the jelousey exists, its only that somebody would be able to be that young, and spend so much on a car... not the car itself.

oh...the ram truck is faster then your G35, brakes nearly as well too, and can haul pretty much everything anywhere, while the flat bed is full.

just because you dont get it doesn't mean squat.

I'd still prefer the SVT Lightning for my hauling duties :wink:

RC45
06-01-2006, 03:44 PM
I knew the Sub-zero vote had to be from a redneck. I didnt even have to read down to know who voted sub-zero, LOL, so predictable. Bashing on a 20-23 year old with a G35, lol, just jelouse you got to drive a pickup with a pork in the back at my age.

But I would need to be jealous of your dad - not you - afterall he's the one who bought the car.

RF1
06-01-2006, 07:10 PM
cool?
uncool?
seriously uncool?

???
SUBZero!! :D -> definitely
astonishing, perfect car,
the best ever made by Dodge
I must say...
Love it 8)

spanky
06-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Cool

I'd get rid of the rear wing though..

MartijnGizmo
06-01-2006, 07:24 PM
It's a fast car that could be faster in a different shape.

It's a truck that can't go offroad.

It's just an awesome concept, totally subzero for me! :D

TNT
06-01-2006, 07:45 PM
^^^ there you go....good boy :P :wink:

DeMoN
06-02-2006, 01:46 AM
the ram truck is faster then your G35, brakes nearly as well too, and can haul pretty much everything anywhere, while the flat bed is full.

Yeah right, unlike people like RC45, I now how to bend my neck and look sideways. I'd like to see the RAM beat the G35 on the track. And yes, I am saying that RC has beef against me because he got to drive a pickup with a pork at my age. Also, as far as I know, G35's are good cars. Top 10 car on Car and Driver prooves it. I get compliments from many different people. I bet you even like it, but since I have one, you have to show otherwize.

DeMoN
06-02-2006, 01:47 AM

But I would need to be jealous of your dad - not you - afterall he's the one who bought the car.

But guess who drives it. Thats the problem you have here. He bought me the first one, but I'm the one in charge of the 2nd one.

RC45
06-02-2006, 02:09 AM

But guess who drives it. Thats the problem you have here. He bought me the first one, but I'm the one in charge of the 2nd one.

?

So again, I should be jeaolous of daddy's car ;)

nthfinity
06-02-2006, 02:09 AM
the ram truck is faster then your G35, brakes nearly as well too, and can haul pretty much everything anywhere, while the flat bed is full.

Yeah right, unlike people like RC45, I now how to bend my neck and look sideways. I'd like to see the RAM beat the G35 on the track. And yes, I am saying that RC has beef against me because he got to drive a pickup with a pork at my age. Also, as far as I know, G35's are good cars. Top 10 car on Car and Driver prooves it. I get compliments from many different people. I bet you even like it, but since I have one, you have to show otherwize.

oh, they aren't bad cars... just too under powered for my tastes. once you go high HP, you dont (want to) go back.

as far as around a track, sure a g35 will beat it around a track, but in the real world, it might be closer then that... can you manage a 19.2 second 0-100-0 ? ;)

im still confused about this whole truck with pork in it thing... is something lost in translation?

AlienDB7
06-02-2006, 06:01 AM
The RAM SRT-10 is cool, actually was a scarier ride than the Viper SRT-10... sitting higher off the ground, the change in any direction felt a lot more prominant. Didn't expect a truck to turn and brake that well.

Amazing vehicle, although I would pick the Viper over it anytime :wink:

Can't compare the SRT-10 with the G35, especially when the G35 is EVERYWHERE on the road. I see a G35 every 30 seconds.

DeMoN
06-02-2006, 10:30 AM

?

Anyway, a guy your age knows NOTHING about coolnes, so STFU.

RC45
06-02-2006, 07:29 PM

?

Anyway, a guy your age knows NOTHING about coolnes, so STFU.

Coolness? I had no idea that was an impartial performance measurment :P

Tell you dad I am jealous of his car :)

Everlasting
06-02-2006, 07:39 PM
uncool - too "american"

nthfinity
06-02-2006, 07:49 PM
uncool - too "american"
LMFAO!!!!!

OMG

i dont even know what to say abou this one, i'm speechless :shock:

RC45
06-02-2006, 07:57 PM
uncool - too "american"

Ok - exactly how esle would you think an "American" (what ever that it???) vehicle should be?? :P

bmagni
06-02-2006, 08:03 PM
wasn't this already posted ???

anyways i say cool almost sub-zero, a truck with a viper engine, even if its senseless, its thrilling :)

Everlasting
06-02-2006, 08:13 PM
uncool - too "american"

Ok - exactly how esle would you think an "American" (what ever that it???) vehicle should be?? :P

i'm not saying it's a bad thing just saying that i can't imagine this thing on the streets of any other country but the states

the ultimate redneck vehicle

no offence!

nthfinity
06-02-2006, 08:20 PM

rednecks wont be able to afford one for about 5 years yet ;)

RC45
06-02-2006, 08:31 PM
uncool - too "american"

i'm not saying it's a bad thing just saying that i can't imagine this thing on the streets of any other country but the states

no offence!

are you aware what a "redneck" is?

And you do realize that people pay HUGE amounts of money - more than Ferrari/Lanborghini money to import the Ram SRT-10 into Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany etc etc :)

And again - please - for our greater eductaion explain what a "redneck" is - and then how the $50,000 RAM SRT-10 is in any way "redneck"?

Everlasting
06-02-2006, 08:47 PM
uncool - too "american"

no offence!

And you do realize that people pay HUGE amounts of money - more than Ferrari/Lanborghini money to import the Ram SRT-10 into Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany etc etc :)

And again - please - for our greater eductaion explain what a "redneck" is - and then how the $50,000 RAM SRT-10 is in any way "redneck"?

well it's a tuck even if it's a fancy truck

Redneck :arrow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

again i didn't mean to offend anyone i was just saying why in my opinion i think this vehicle is uncool

it's a truck with a viper engine which is as american as it gets not saying that this in any way a bad thing just that this combo can only work in the states

nthfinity
06-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Usage of the term "Redneck" generally differs from Hick and Hillbilly, because Rednecks reject or resist assimilation into the dominant culture, while Hicks and Hillbillies theoretically are isolated from the dominant culture. In this way, the Redneck is similar to the word Cracker.
redneck is nothing like cracker...

oh, and take a look at this definition... by definition, rednecks wouldn't even know the SRT-10 ram existed ;)

the personal assumption is based on nothing real. well-off people often have SRT 10 trucks to go fast, while also doing thier hauling chores. Magwheel either has one, or had one.... is he a redneck? far from it.... perhaps an ex hippie ;)

RC45
06-02-2006, 08:54 PM
uncool - too "american"

no offence!

well it's a tuck

again i didn't mean to offend anyone i was just saying why in my opinion i think this vehicle is uncool

it's a truck with a viper engine wich is as american as it gets not saying that this in any way a bad thing just that this combo can only work in the states

No ones offended - but again - exactly what about a $50,000 Viper engined pickup truck is "redneck"??

n modern usage, the term redneck predominantly refers to a particular stereotype of individuals living in Appalachia, the Southern United States, the Ozarks, and later the Rocky Mountain States. The word can be used either as a pejorative or as a matter of pride, depending on context.

Usage of the term "Redneck" generally differs from Hick and Hillbilly, because Rednecks reject or resist assimilation into the dominant culture, while Hicks and Hillbillies theoretically are isolated from the dominant culture. In this way, the Redneck is similar to the word Cracker.

I looked all through this definition from Wikibullshitapedia and could find nothing about it... :)

And again - many folks in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany etc etc pay a LOT of money to import them :)

I guess what you mean is this car is so cool, people pay EXTRA money to get them into foreign countries :)

How is that redneck? :)

Everlasting
06-02-2006, 09:04 PM
uncool - too "american"

no offence!

well it's a tuck

it's a truck with a viper engine wich is as american as it gets not saying that this in any way a bad thing just that this combo can only work in the states

No ones offended - but again - exactly what about a $50,000 Viper engined pickup truck is "redneck"??

n modern usage, the term redneck predominantly refers to a particular stereotype of individuals living in Appalachia, the Southern United States, the Ozarks, and later the Rocky Mountain States. The word can be used either as a pejorative or as a matter of pride, depending on context.

I looked all through this definition from Wikibullshitapedia and could find nothing about it... :)

And again - many folks in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany etc etc pay a LOT of money to import them :)

I guess what you mean is this car is so cool, people pay EXTRA money to get them into foreign countries :)

How is that redneck? :)

i was thinking that since rednecks mostly drive trucks and this being the ultimate truck thus every redneck's wet dream (one of few not involving the redneck's sister)

the RAM could be considered the ultimate redneck drive!
maybe it's not a perfect logic

and i guess ur right being ordered by europeans probably makes this car cool :P

RC45
06-02-2006, 09:10 PM
^^^ there ya go ;)
Change this mans vote to a cool please... :P

Admin - yoohoo - vote change here - vote change here :P

nthfinity
06-02-2006, 09:11 PM
^^^^
naw, its still uncool to me ;)

oh, and in my experience, rednecks drive 12-20 yr. old trucks, or cars... not limited to one, or the other... whatever starts while rusting away in the front yard :p

DeMoN
06-03-2006, 03:06 AM
redneck dream, not redneck affordable ok? now STFU.

gangajas
06-03-2006, 03:09 AM
Subzero-Lovely beast

DeMoN
06-03-2006, 03:09 AM
Tell you dad I am jealous of his car :)

Ill tell my dad your jelous of MY car because its after MY name and I drive it.

taygunho
06-03-2006, 06:16 AM
Dodge Ram is seriously uncool but SRT-10 is uncool car.

webby
08-21-2006, 12:33 AM
-----

Mattk
08-21-2006, 02:33 AM
Looks like something out of MTVs Pimp My Ride. Seriously uncool.

nickthaskater
08-21-2006, 02:38 AM
Uncool. I never really liked it, especially in the styling department. I'd rather get an HSV Maloo R8 if I had an option.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8981/hsvmaloor83qn9.th.jpg (http://img96.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hsvmaloor83qn9.jpg)

Now that's bloody cool IMO.

Mattk
08-23-2006, 07:58 AM
I'd rather get an HSV Maloo R8 if I had an option.

I think most people would.

MH2Lmaker
09-26-2006, 04:56 PM
A very special truck.

Fleischmann
09-26-2006, 06:15 PM
it looks likes an overgrown infant picking it's nose and shouting "DUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH". Totally stupid and pointless car, this car is the benchamrk that defines "seriously uncool".

Remco558
09-27-2006, 07:16 AM
why put a viper engine in a pickup truck. that thing i dangerous.

jorge
09-27-2006, 08:06 PM
a truck with 500 hp....cool

Skaala
09-28-2006, 06:06 AM
subzero... viper engine, enough said.

Mattk
09-28-2006, 06:15 AM
It can tow your boat for a weekend away, and carry all of your family's luggage and supplies at the same time.

Wouldn't the regular Dodge Ram suffice? Pick-up trucks aren't meant to be driven like sports cars, in my opinion. They were designed with utility in mind and that's really where they belong. Nevertheless, more power doesn't hurt, it's just rather superfluous.

I thought it was seriously uncool because it looks ugly; performance and utility and subsidiary to looks in this section of the forum.

_HighVoltage_
07-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Warning! Coming up, is the opinion of a European residing in the States!

Seriously Uncool! Can it get more redneck than this? What's the purpose of it, really? What's the purpose of any pick-up truck? They are big, slow, wasteful and promote "cockyness". From the americans I know I get the impression that the bigger the truck you have, you are a bigger man. I think they should scrap the lot. Trucks in Europe are used only for businesses and it is impossible to see a 16-year old boy with baseball cap and football jacket driving a truck, thinking he is so cool.
Ban the pick-up trucks! :D :twisted:

crazyguy248
01-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Im not really a fan of pickups in general, but I have always liked how the dodge ram looks (especially this one) because it looks so angry and fierce. No one can really doubt the performance specs given the size and weight. However, it seems that most people hate it just because when the they see it they think "oh no, its American". Too bad, as what should be at least a cool car is dubbed seriously uncool.

enzoferrari
01-29-2008, 01:20 AM
COOL,why not is really fast,0-60 5.4s 500 hp, I like it

F250
01-29-2008, 02:09 AM
The SRT10 is sub zero.

1. It serves no real purpose. Just like an Enzo, Countach, DB9, Veyron, etc.

2. It's dangerous. It scares Europeans in little Fiat Pandas who believe the EU should outlaw it.

3. It's big. It doesn't fit on teeny-weenie European roads designed
for one-horse carriages and three cylinder Smart cars.

4. It reminds Europeans that Americans pay 1/2 as much as they do for gasoline.

5. It reminds Europeans that their governments tax the shit out of them.

6. It reminds Europeans that more Americans (even trailer-trash rednecks) can afford cars and trucks and can afford to drive what we want where we want.

7. It's economical. An SRT10 uses 97% less fuel than Al Gore's Gulfstream V.

8. It pisses-off environmentalists.

9. 26.4% of the cars registered in the EU will fit in the bed of a SRT10.

10. It takes up 13.9% more room than the average London flat.

enzoferrari
01-30-2008, 01:47 AM
The SRT10 is sub zero.

2. It's dangerous. It scares Europeans in little Fiat Pandas who believe the EU should outlaw it.

6. It reminds Europeans that more Americans (even trailer-trash rednecks) can afford cars and trucks and can afford to drive what we want where we want.

PERFECT!!

Jacques_JDM
08-01-2008, 04:32 PM

I think this truck should be rated Cool at least. come on it has a Viper's V10 that sounds glorious!! and its a quick truck. plus there's a Twin Turbo packages which makes this truck sound even better (there nothing like the sounds of Turbos)...

Also its wayyyyy better than the Lightning F-150..(and yes i don't like fords) well exceptions of the Ford GT and the Shelby GT500(which isn't that good either)

P.S I'm not a redneck..

The SRT10 is sub zero.

I second that perfect!!