PDA

View Full Version : Porsche, track owners sued over Carrera GT crash

sentra_dude
05-17-2006, 05:19 PM
Last summer, Benjamin Miles Keaton and Corey Nicholas Rudl died on a race track in San Diego County when Keaton, the driver, lost control of his Porsche Carrera GT and crashed into a wall. Now Rudl’s widow is suing the Keaton’s estate, the race track, the track day organizers, and Porsche (for selling an “unsafe” car). Both men were in their 30s, were very wealthy, and both knew what they were getting into. Both were wearing helmets and seatbelts. The lawsuit against Porsche alleges that the Carrera GT is “too difficult a car to handle at high speeds for the average driver without instruction.” The Leftlane Perspective: People make choices. This tragedy is not the fault of Porsche or those who planned the track day. Keaton and Rudl made a choice, and their families need to accept that. There’s not always someone to blame.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/16/porsche-track-owners-sued-over-carrera-gt-crash/

:cry: :x :(

No.1
05-17-2006, 05:52 PM
this was posted before in the thread for Ben

IMO it's a pointless exercise :bah:

Erez
05-17-2006, 06:01 PM
its a sad story.. but i'm sorry.. stupid lawsuit.. :? the car is safe.. they knew it not an SLR.. and they're not some rich 18 years old kids who took dads car for a spin.. you take the risk, you face the consequence.. :bah: i feel for the widow.. but deep down i think she knows the truth.. it not porsche fault or the tracks.. (unless it a monaco like track, in which case i think those kind of track shouldn't let novice drives "have a go" )
sad.. really sad.. but no once fault.. or in a short "saying".. shit happens..

5vz-fe
05-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Dumb rich bitch with a greedy lawyer. :fist:

Without instruction:.....how about brake when u are driving faster than u can handle. I am sure the engineers @ porsche is laughing their ass off.

ZfrkS62
05-17-2006, 08:30 PM

Without instruction:.....how about brake when u are driving faster than u can handle. I am sure the engineers @ porsche is laughing their ass off.

he wasn't driving outside his skill at all. He was cut off by a slow Ferrari coming out of the pits. The Ferrari was waved onto the track by an undertrained track marshal.

MIHALS
05-17-2006, 08:36 PM

you said that in a little too tough way, but it's damn true :bah: :?

he wasn't driving outside his skill at all. He was cut off by a slow Ferrari coming out of the pits. The Ferrari was waved onto the track by an undertrained track marshal.

well is it ferrari driver's fault then? then there you go, you know who's guilty...

Caplax40
05-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Man, I hate shit like this. It's always someone else's fault, not the person who was injured or died. I'm sure they signed waivers against any liability at the track and all that but they're bound to get some sort of settlement.

I don't think the lawyers are to blame, I think it's the juries that actually reward such behavior!!

ZfrkS62
05-17-2006, 08:41 PM

you said that in a little too tough way, but it's damn true :bah: :?

well is it ferrari driver's fault then? then there you go, you know who's guilty...

I think it's a mix of the track marshal and Ferrari. It's pretty much like merging onto the freeway. Cars at speed have the right of way. If you don't see an opening, don't try to slot in. Let traffic pass, then go.

ae86_16v
05-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Sorry Sentra dude, but you pulled a Stan on this one. . . you actually pulled a Stan on Stan.

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27313&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60#top

Caplax40
05-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Sorry Sentra dude, but you pulled a Stan on this one. . . you actually pulled a Stan on Stan.

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27313&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60#top

I say this warrants it's own topic.

snacky
05-18-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm going to start suing people and then I too can own a Porsche CGT. That or embezzle like a mo'fo like that erricson guy(enzo-malibu crash). or maybe I should rip video content and post on the internet and charge people to download. J/K :wink:

RC45
05-18-2006, 01:09 PM
or maybe I should rip video content and post on the internet and charge people to download. J/K :wink:

R acingF lix has a 5 year headstart on you :P

With regard to this type of lawsuite, the outcome might be that no-one is willing to host/hold track days and we could see the demise of the open class supercar.

Sad situation.

Erez
05-18-2006, 05:26 PM
^ ouch
:lol:

snacky
05-18-2006, 10:22 PM
or maybe I should rip video content and post on the internet and charge people to download. J/K :wink:

R acingF lix has a 5 year headstart on you :P

That's exactly who I was referencing :lol: