PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Skyline GTR R34

System
05-15-2006, 03:02 AM
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/9461/nissanskyliner34gtr1cs.th.jpg (http://img162.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nissanskyliner34gtr1cs.jpg)

spanky
05-15-2006, 03:11 AM
Cool Color! lol 8)

ferrarif1fan89
05-15-2006, 03:53 AM
subzero. my favorite of the jap cars, and a techno-powerhouse. even though it was overweight and a bit ugly, in Spec-Z trim, it owned most other cars. and not to mention the ridiculous amount of street cred it has all over the world. and that it owns, even today, in motorsports.

RAMMIUS
05-15-2006, 03:53 AM
Cool 8) as stock

Very 8) when riced

bmwmpower
05-15-2006, 04:45 AM
SUBzero, rare technology packed car, one of the best japan cars ever,

Daggernite
05-15-2006, 05:09 AM
SubZero 8)

saadie
05-15-2006, 06:38 AM
thought about it for a while ... then thought thats this is the only japp car which makes alot of people wanna lala ... soo yeh gave it a subzero :lol:

TNT
05-15-2006, 09:51 AM
one of the most lusted car in the world. the underdog exotic. how many cars have computers that can give you as much info as a race car :shock: one of the greatest cars ever made until the next GTR comes out.

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/il/features/general/near.wild.heaven/nissan.skyline.ztune.int.500.jpg

ae86_16v
05-15-2006, 10:03 AM
^ Actually a whole bunch of cars now. But yes when it came out, it was one of the few that did give you all that info.

Cool car.

fabro_s
05-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Just like Jeremy said "Its a huge playstation" subzero.....

bmagni
05-15-2006, 01:45 PM
i like it, but i don't, its an excellent car with many tech gizmos... "just" cool

DeMoN
05-15-2006, 02:49 PM
just cool cuz of the big amount being riced.

Fleischmann
05-15-2006, 03:27 PM
One of the very few cool Japanese cars. A techno gadget torpedo, with more elctronics than the Pentagon. Another plus side is it's exclusivity, it's quite a rarity in Europe. Infact scratch that, I give it subzero :D

nthfinity
05-15-2006, 03:49 PM
uncool looking pile of gizmos since japanese people can't drive well.

so i've only seen one or two... they dont have presence.

uncool

dutchmasterflex
05-15-2006, 04:55 PM

so i've only seen one or two... they dont have presence.

uncool

Wow. that wasn't racist/stereotypical.. :lol:

I'd say the japanese made the GTR the way it was because they are the world leaders in implementing technology for everyday use..

Cool, but its too heavy ;)

FPVPSI
05-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Cool car i reckon! All the gadgets and gizmos to keep ya playing all day long... :wink: Plus im abit of a fan of performance Nissans... 8)

TNT
05-15-2006, 05:35 PM

:shock: :shock: what the hell are you talking about. have to seen a Best Motoring video? or a true japanese drift event? you sir don't know what you are talking about.

chest3r
05-15-2006, 05:58 PM
"Just" cool for me !

It is one of the best sportscars ever made but it could be better. It isn't as powerful as it could be. The standard model is just cool but if you tune it, it will be subzero with every letters. Just like the Nismo Z-Tune version :P

nthfinity
05-15-2006, 10:56 PM

:shock: :shock: what the hell are you talking about. have to seen a Best Motoring video? or a true japanese drift event? you sir don't know what you are talking about.
have you ever seen nearly every Best Motoring video, or a "true japanese drift event"

i rest my case

how many skylines are there?

lets just think about this for a moment... and compare +contrast...

There are umpteen bajillion skylines out there... but even with so many pussy-skylines... the R34 still manages to be subzero to so many people?

ok, there are umpteen bajillion corvettes... but even the pussy-footing ones manage to do great things... but the Z06 manages to be uncool because of every other corvette that isn't as good as the Z06... but somehow constatute the Z being an unexclusive car or something?

you cant have it both ways people...

TNT
05-15-2006, 10:59 PM
ok i am not going to turn this into a stupid fight, its a point of view and we aren't going to agree, but i am right and you are right just in different degrees :mrgreen:

Daggernite
05-15-2006, 11:03 PM

have you ever seen nearly every Best Motoring video, or a "true japanese drift event"

i rest my case

what the hell does that mean?

and why cant the japanese drive?

dutchmasterflex
05-15-2006, 11:04 PM
The japanese can't drive because they are too crazy. :lol:

Daggernite
05-15-2006, 11:09 PM
^^^ well thats an answer at least based on something. But seriously NTH japs aint bad drivers, theres cars are some of the best, and BMI is the greatest car DVD in the world.

nthfinity

i rest my case

why are American cars the last to get so many electronic nannies? because we aren't innovated? Yeah right... its because we grew up having 500 hp, and are expected to handle waht is dished to us.

why does the Skyline have so many nannies? so its drivers wouldn't have to drive it; particularly in race trim... look at what happened in the "true" japanese race events (drifting is a skill; but not fast... put any racing driver vs. a drift driver... i'd wager my house on the race driver to win each time) --- ok back to the race events... the JGTC was dominated by the 2 way telemetry systems, more electronics controlling the car then a server admin has to play with on a daily basis...

the cars aren't a drivers car.

on that alone... this car ought to get uncool.

Best motoring is just as unrealistic as much of the TG lap times... in fact, i would argue they are even more arbatrary... just watch them; particularly when you know the car(s) in question in context of an unbiased review.

GT-R_R34
i'm a big GT-R fan, but i only voted cool.
a Mine's GT-R is another story

Daggernite
05-15-2006, 11:24 PM

i rest my case

why are American cars the last to get so many electronic nannies? because we aren't innovated? Yeah right... its because we grew up having 500 hp, and are expected to handle waht is dished to us.

why does the Skyline have so many nannies? so its drivers wouldn't have to drive it; particularly in race trim... look at what happened in the "true" japanese race events (drifting is a skill; but not fast... put any racing driver vs. a drift driver... i'd wager my house on the race driver to win each time) --- ok back to the race events... the JGTC was dominated by the 2 way telemetry systems, more electronics controlling the car then a server admin has to play with on a daily basis...

the cars aren't a drivers car.

on that alone... this car ought to get uncool.

Best motoring is just as unrealistic as much of the TG lap times... in fact, i would argue they are even more arbatrary... just watch them; particularly when you know the car(s) in question in context of an unbiased review.

Electronics and gadgets is what japan is all about, its in there natures, american cars was the last to implie them because modern technology has finally cause up with them.
Ask any drifter in the D1, none of them will tell you its the fastest way around the track. Its a totally diffrent sport, its more of a car control competition than a race (if it is at all a race).
To me your starting to sound like one heck of a hippocrit, you can cry and moan about everyone picking on america and stereotyping your cars(when its you infact who always drags american into the equation, like now for instants), BUT, you can so easily sterotype japan its cars and cultures without a second thought.
Dont be silly and say japanese cars aint driver cars and american cars are, it just dont sound right.

nthfinity
05-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Electronics and gadgets is what japan is all about, its in there natures, american cars was the last to implie them because modern technology has finally cause up with them.

how easily people dont even know that we are the ones who created nearly every bit of nanny out there... but put them to use where they were actually needed.... Japan/germany/sweeden just put them in cars more... but the electornics in the skyline create a new definition of "electronic nannies" compared even to the rest of them.... they are all but driving the car themselves

To me your starting to sound like one heck of a hippocrit, you can cry and moan about everyone picking on america and stereotyping your cars(when its you infact who always drags american into the equation, like now for instants), BUT, you can so easily sterotype japan its cars and cultures without a second thought.

if you have electronics sorting things out for you, are you really so involved in the driving process? the driver is simply making the car "think" more to fix the stupid driver's mistakes...

the fact is, no matter if you have oversteer, or understeer; you are only limited to how much road/track you have left. remember stiggy running the Koenigsegg off the track? case and point.

BTW, i am not crying and moaning; i am mearly comparing and contrasting; for your learning pleasure. its simple... You cannot have it both ways.

Dont be silly and say japanese cars aint driver cars and american cars are, it just dont sound right.

this is exactly the idea i am showing the facts, and disproving... i dont know where it comes from; but its not based on any facts.

if you choose to believe the facts, that is up to you. but until then; i will keep stating the truth; or until the next non-believer comes up 8)

Daggernite
05-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Dude you can write a speech RC style all you like, your statement about the japanese cant drive is not based on fact like you say, its stereotyping, and like you say its based on no facts other than you oppinion.

I dont know how more factual you can get than having real cars on a real race track driven by real race drivers? how is it in your words "unrealistic"? Its more real than any GT4.

Now I agree with you about the electronics, but the japanese (and you can read any factual review you want) always make cars that enthusiasts love and respect.
The Evo9 is the worse culprit, it has electronics galory, but like the stig said about the fq400. "its a mans car" in other words a drivers car.

If you prefere a evo9 without the electronics, they have the GT, your catered for either way, even get a scooby :D

Sorry if it sounds like im having ago nth, im not meaning to sound nasty just abit tired. I read my last post and it sounded abit cocky, soz about that.

nthfinity
05-16-2006, 12:01 AM
dont get me wrong, i love the Subaru WRX/WRX STi... the best all purpose (not truck use) vehicle i can think of... perhaps the RS4 is close; but not quite as amazing in cirtain respects.

I can't get so into the evo's for quality reasons.

oh, and about japanese drivers... im sure they are good... but there must be some reasons that so few make it into the world forum in terms of racing. :wink:

Daggernite
05-16-2006, 12:13 AM
oh, and about japanese drivers... im sure they are good... but there must be some reasons that so few make it into the world forum in terms of racing. :wink:

They just keep thereselfs to there selfs dont they. (now im not meaning to sterotype) But you never really see japanese professionals at anything. Can anyone think of one sport with a jap in there. I dont think its because there crap at everything, its just they like to stay in there country I think. Might be because no one else knows there language I dunno.

ok its 5:12am i need to be up for 9am. Bed time me thinks.

TNT
05-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Nth is taking his RC replacement role to much to heart. just b/c Japanese drivers aren't in F1 or the WRC doesn't mean they are the worst drivers and need nannies to drive a car. its the same thing about say sports not every great sports player is on a pro team. some people know its a hobbie or that its all for people with money etc. etc. So they lead more meaningful lifes and jobs.

LotusGT1
05-16-2006, 08:30 AM

Same applies for american drivers, but alas.

I think it's pathetic how you try to turn every topic into american vs. the rest of the world since RC has left.

RF1
05-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Skyline is nice.
But it is not a subzero car, even a cool car.
:)
For me the best car is Subaru Impreza
Nissan looks really good,
but it does not have something stunning...

dutchmasterflex
05-16-2006, 09:58 AM
nth, ALL american cars now have the electronic gadgets the japanese have had for the past decade..

and you cannot be serious when you say that the Japanese do not make "Drivers cars"

DeMoN
05-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Nismo Z tune, now thats seriously cool.!

taygunho
05-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Cool. GTR R34 is one of the best Japanese sport car ever.

nthfinity
05-16-2006, 11:00 AM

Don't want to start another america vs everything battle but........

Tell me an american driver who has make it into the world forum in terms of racing.... :P

Mario Andretti (half italian) and Phil Hill are the only ones I remember now :wink:
people who professionally race international motorsport racing..... there are so man American drivers in many of the series; that it would take quite some time to list them all.... but i'll start looking them up.

Tracy Krohn
Ian Khan
Liz Halliday
Scott Speed
Chris McMurry
Johannes van Overbeek
Mike Lewis
Dale White
Scott Pruett
Terry Borcheller
James Bach
Seth Neiman
Guy Cosmo
Gunnar van der Steur
Clint Field
Johnny O'Connel
Larry Connor
Lonnie Pechnik
Bill Auberlen
Joey Hand
Justin Marks
Darren Law
Michael Petersen
Johnny Mowlem
Max Papis
Patrick Long
Darren Law
Seth Neiman
Gunnar Jeannette
Tom Milner

this list is getting bigger then we thought... so i'm going to stop early; and mention that in my research, i failed to find any Japanese drivers ;)

nth, ALL american cars now have the electronic gadgets the japanese have had for the past decade..

and you cannot be serious when you say that the Japanese do not make "Drivers cars"
The Viper doesnt, the Ford GT doesnt... and the cars that do, you can fully turn off the handling assistance... oh, and many just have traction control you can also turn off.

I didn't say the Japanese dont make drivers' cars... the NSX is a drivers car, the subaru WRX/ STi/ evo are drivers cars in the same way the F430 is a drivers car. but the GTR is a "being driven" car IMHO...

lets talk about best motoring for a moment... on a wet skidpad, the GTR R34 was going understeer, then oversteer... rince, repeat.... it didn't matter what the driver did at all.... that doesn't happen with the evo/sti/corvette/real sports cars of this world.

nthfinity
05-16-2006, 11:08 AM

I think it's pathetic how you try to turn every topic into american vs. the rest of the world since RC has left.

Nth is taking his RC replacement role to much to heart. just b/c Japanese drivers aren't in F1 or the WRC doesn't mean they are the worst drivers and need nannies to drive a car. its the same thing about say sports not every great sports player is on a pro team. some people know its a hobbie or that its all for people with money etc. etc. So they lead more meaningful lifes and jobs.

do my previous 6000 posts suddenly not count?

nthfinity
05-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Max Papis........ :lol: was it Footwork Arrows or Minardi? :roll: One year...... and bye!! That's what you understand for a good driver?? :P

Dude - even you know this list is crap.......... :wink:

I'm not talking about drivers that have entered a F3000 or FIA GT race or at the Le Mans 24h - I mean good drivers who have succeded in those championships...

lets just say the list is crap, but truthful... i didn't find one Japanese driver even; so that points that its not crap.

oh, and you didnt' say that they had to be successful... like podiums and such; just competing internationally

nthfinity
05-16-2006, 11:20 AM
^^^ Katayama, Suzuki or Sato are not worse than the ones you've posted :wink:.

now you are just fishing for ways to hate on americans... i showed ample numbers (in fact, there are quite a few more... i dont have the patience to post hundreds of drivers in current racing)

you find me 10 drivers; and i'll shut up.

nthfinity
05-16-2006, 11:42 AM
^^^ Katayama, Suzuki or Sato are not worse than the ones you've posted :wink:.

now you are just fishing for ways to hate on americans... i showed ample numbers (in fact, there are quite a few more... i dont have the patience to post hundreds of drivers in current racing)

Ok - here they're:

- Satori Nakajima - scoring points in his 2nd race, with Lotus
- Aguri Suzuki - podium at the Japan GP 1990
- Ukyo Katayama - 5 points in F1
- Takuma Sato - scoring points with BAR, and finishing 3rd at the USA GP
- Sekiya - 1995 Le Mans winner
- Seiji Ara - 2004 Le Mans winner
- Motoyama - winner of the F-Nippon many times against european F3 champions
- Tora Takagi - F1, CART and IRL
- Hiroki Kato - 5th at Le Mans 2000, driving a Panoz
- Toshio Suzuki, Masami Kageyama and Masahiko Kageyama - 6th at Le Mans 2000, also driving a Panoz

Now - SHUT UP.

so now we are alowed to dip into the history books? :roll: at that point, where does it end? since both you and i know that there are actual world champions in most of the series in international motorsport from the good ol US of A

nthfinity
05-16-2006, 11:48 AM

:wink:

i said it; but i think the point is proven quite obviously... even if cirtain people dont want to believe it :wink:

DeMoN
05-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Yes yes yes yes yes...

... time to come back to the original discussion - do you like the Skyline?? :D

LOL this is going to the OWNED moments at JW.

nthfinity
05-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Yes yes yes yes yes...

... time to come back to the original discussion - do you like the Skyline?? :D

on whose behalf? the fact that over the last 100 years, we've seen a plethora of amazing Japanese drivers? :wink:

I believe i had my own ownage on the previous page... even if people dont want to fess up to it, since anything American must not be as good. It's sentiment like that which causes RC to leave... it is wholey, and ocmpeltely not based on ANY FACTS. :roll: :wink:

oh, and the skyline isn't slow; but its no drivers car, and among all the other skylines, its just a Z06/ZR1 vs. every other vette....

nthfinity
05-16-2006, 01:17 PM

on whose behalf? the fact that over the last 100 years, we've seen a plethora of amazing Japanese drivers? :wink:

How long have been Japan involved in motor racing?? 30 years??

Way less than the US - and you only have 2 F1 world titles! :D
how long has spain been in motor racing? what, that same 100 years? what, only 1 title? :wink:

ARMAN
05-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Man... guys take a deep breath :wink:

Nthfinity you sound RC like style to me too :mrgreen:

And I loved the looks of R34 but now it looks just normal to me :bah: Cool thou :)
...I have never seen one in my life on my own eyes :oops:

saadie
05-16-2006, 01:19 PM
you both have voted ... now get lost :fuck:...
i bet you both dont know much about the skyline as much as i do :prr:

and cut this out of topic discussion :roll:

LotusGT1
05-16-2006, 01:21 PM

do my previous 6000 posts suddenly not count?

Your tone has changed dramatically since RC left, for the worse IMO. You're constantly seeking discussions about the US vs. the rest.

Anyway, this whole discussion doesn't have a place in this forum so this will be my last post in this topic.

Concerning the Skyline, this car is universally praised as the best driving car from Japan in its time, so conculding it is no drivers car because it has complementary technological features is sheer BS.

dingo
05-16-2006, 07:06 PM
how long has spain been in motor racing? what, that same 100 years? what, only 1 title? :wink:

how many people does the USA have? What, about 8 times as many as Spain? ;)

RC45
05-16-2006, 07:08 PM
honestly, i find you to be FAR more hostile than other people....

honestly - I misjudged your character from the get go. I find you to be a spineless coward.

I covered for you when you leaked the C6 Z06 picture - I didn't have - but I did - yet you are still an out and out cunt about everything.

and when other people talk back to you, you post some big long whining post about no respect.

WTF are you ranting about now? I was not part of any of the anit-us sentiment displayed while I wasn't here.

there is plenty wrong with the US government, and i actively have spoken against this administration. If someone from Europe happens to agree with me, fine.....if they don't...fine....unlike you, i'm not gonna slate them for doing so. I DO believe in freedom of speech, as you obviously do not.
Take your anti-US government rantings and post them in the politcal forum - that's what it's for. I am refereing to the thinly veiled "us cars suck" sentiment - all day everyday (and you know full well what I am refering to).

Again - all the shit spewed has happened without me being online - in other words our experiment was a success. The problem is not the respondants to the anti-us threads, it's the thread starters who are to blame.

All you have to do is look at the Geiger H2 Cop Car thread.

What a typical piece of shit thread - again if you can't see that then you are in denial.

saadie
05-16-2006, 07:10 PM
^^ lol .. and it goes on .. .

cant you guys just grow up already ...

RC ... now that you are here .... you arnt going nowhere ...

and PPL FFS please try to live without these racist momments plaease :roll:

RC45
05-16-2006, 07:16 PM
keep crying, wanker.

honestly - I misjudged your character from the get go. I find you to be a spineless coward.

I covered for you when you leaked the C6 Z06 picture - I didn't have to - but I did - yet you are still an out and out cunt about everything.

RC45
05-16-2006, 07:17 PM
^^ lol .. and it goes on .. .

cant you guys just grow up already ...

RC ... now that you are here .... you arnt going nowhere ...

and PPL FFS please try to live without these racist momments plaease :roll:

Don't you get it? Why can't you folks stop with your anti-us shit everyday?

Daggernite
05-16-2006, 07:22 PM
RC, like you say its an internation forum. Your going to get views from all kinds of life. Just because people do not agree with you, does not make them anti-american. Theres no point been on a forum and taking everything to heart, not all 32,000 people will agree on one thing. Since you left the most obvious American vs everyone else topics was actually started by an american. Like the, "its been 61 years since america stopped the english speaking german, wheres the thankfulness" topic. That was'nt to remeber the past or try reunited the two places. Its the same kind of rubbish your so opposed against. I suppose you turn a blind eye to that. Heck if I had a £ everytime I got someone disagreeing with me, having a diffrent view, or occasionally having something bad to say about me or my culture they did'nt like, Id be rich, I would'nt automatically see it as england vs the world. I have seen posts disagreeing with america, I have not seen 1 post hating. And if you have been coming back once in a while, you will know people (including myself) have been requesting your return, thats not exzactly a sign of hate :roll:

Really its not as bad as your saying it is.

JW is still alive.

and just so this post dont get deleted I better bring up a skyline comment.
I like the blue colour.

nthfinity
05-16-2006, 07:27 PM

honestly, you look at it from a popularity stand point...

F1 isn't very popular here compared to other nations; and the same was true of spain until recently (because of Alonso)

popularity breeds people wanting to get into it... its all about the backing... look at nascar... there is some 3/8th mile oval within a short driving distance nearly anywhere in the US... it's a cheap form of racing. I dont like it; but that made it popular... even Mario andretti started on teh ovals ;)

yet still, what is amazing is that so many people get into racing on the world's forum from here... and when i further researched a lot of the names i posted earlier... guess what; a lot had HUGE amounts of points in their respective series.... and are current drivers

If there was a better way to increase awareness of my favorite styles of racing, id do it differently... and to no end, it upsets me that group C is over :P :lol:

saadie
05-16-2006, 07:28 PM
:shock:

oookay .... i love skylines ....

TNT
05-16-2006, 07:59 PM
i mean really this has just been taken way out of line. what are you guys that dumb that you can't just accept the fact that people have different opinions.........come on how old are you all. this is some middle school BS, dealing with he said she said. I am a proud american i would fight for me country to the end. but i know some people don't like my country and i don't like some other countries but that doesn't mean i can't see that is nothing more then that. but yes if someone make an attack on me or my country then something needs to be done. but fighing over who drives the best? over who makes the best car? come on....is your life that lame that you need to hang on to such meaningless topics :|

RC45
05-16-2006, 08:32 PM
i mean really this has just been taken way out of line. what are you guys that dumb that you can't just accept the fact that people have different opinions.........come on how old are you all. this is some middle school BS, dealing with he said she said. I am a proud american i would fight for me country to the end. but i know some people don't like my country and i don't like some other countries but that doesn't mean i can't see that is nothing more then that. but yes if someone make an attack on me or my country then something needs to be done. but fighing over who drives the best? over who makes the best car? come on....is your life that lame that you need to hang on to such meaningless topics :|

Taken way out of line?

No it hasn't... read this thread

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39427&highlight=geiger+hummer

and tell me that you honestly don't think some people just have an irritating axe to grind.

People have different opinions - like the fact I think the Skyline GTR is a cool car..

That is an opinion - posting that "Typical yank dumb fucker redkneck cop bitch with a small penis had to go buy a Hummer to be a dumb ass burger eating fat prick" is not an opinion - it is simply continuing a poitnless rant that is irritating to many people.

It is just that most don't want to say anything.

RC, like you say its an internation forum. Your going to get views from all kinds of life. Just because people do not agree with you, does not make them anti-american.
It's the daily barage of such sentiment that gets irritating. WHo gives a crap if it's true - the question is why do we have to hear about it every goddamned day ? :)

Theres no point been on a forum and taking everything to heart, not all 32,000 people will agree on one thing.

Of course 32,000 people won't agree on anything.. but we are talking about maybe 25 regulars that make a habit of acting like JC on a Topgear episode every day. gets old. The same way it would get old if I had to use the bangers and mash tasteless food bad teeth rainy weather stiff upper lip pompous british stereotype everyday. It funny every now and again, but would get old if you heard it everyday - even though it is true ;) :P

Since you left the most obvious American vs everyone else topics was actually started by an american. Like the, "its been 61 years since america stopped the english speaking german, wheres the thankfulness" topic. That was'nt to remeber the past or try reunited the two places. Its the same kind of rubbish your so opposed against. I suppose you turn a blind eye to that.

So the irony of it was missed by you and everyone else then.

And if you have been coming back once in a while, you will know people (including myself) have been requesting your return, thats not exzactly a sign of hate :roll:
[quote]
Never left - this was a long elaborate exercise in observation - and the point was proven - any chance many people get they like to take a jab - again, funny once or twice... irritating when its in every post.

[quote="Daggernite"]
Really its not as bad as your saying it is.

Actually, go back and look how many cheap shots the usual suspects have been speweing any chance they get.

and just so this post dont get deleted I better bring up a skyline comment.
I like the blue colour.

I have said a number of times the Skyline GTR is a cool car - only because I grew up around regular Skylines which are like cheap badly made Camry's and Maximas of the 80's - utter crap.

RC45
05-16-2006, 08:47 PM
:lol: :lol:

... and the argument keeps going and going - even after deleting some posts!!! :shock: :roll:

When I thought everything had calmed down... RC strikes back with one of his classic posts!! :D

You better believe it. :)

MIHALS
05-16-2006, 08:56 PM
stock blue R34 GTR definitelly SubZero to me :love: :drool:

there's actually one down here in Brighton, but I never had a chance to take a picture of it - the owner (and the car) is too fast :lol: ... last time I saw it was last week - floored from the traffic lights :faint: OMG what a power and sound :faint:

RC45
05-16-2006, 08:58 PM

there's actually one down here in Brighton, but I never had a chance to take a picture of it - the owner (and the car) is too fast :lol: ... last time I saw it was last week - floored from the traffic lights :faint: OMG what a power and sound :faint:

Unlike a loser tuned Hummer I spose?

Daggernite
05-16-2006, 09:01 PM
^^Correct

MIHALS
05-16-2006, 09:05 PM

would you stop spitting a fire all around? :roll:

ok, as was said, if the car had half sized wheels, it could look seriously COOL to me (I like the idea of Black/White huge police-respect-maker), but (sorry to say that), americans are crazy (in a good kind of way) and make everything overmeasured :lol: ... by my saying "those americans" I didn't mean anything wrong, it's just someone who's taking something too seriously. the other thing is: I'm NOT responsible for that "small penis" stuff, am I??? :roll:

saadie
05-16-2006, 09:08 PM
cut the crap! :|
why do you even care if ppl call america bad name and all bs like that ....
even if you do ... why do take it so damn persaonally ?

i dont get it ...
the way you are saying that eveyone is anti-america, and everyone is saying this and that, well just look at some of your recent post ... whast the diffrence between you and them ? .... :roll:

RC45
05-16-2006, 09:10 PM

would you stop spitting a fire all around? :roll:

ok, as was said, if the car had half sized wheels, it could look seriously COOL to me (I like the idea of Black/White huge police-respect-maker), but (sorry to say that), americans are crazy (in a good kind of way) and make everything overmeasured :lol: ... by my saying "those americans" I didn't mean anything wrong, it's just someone who's taking something too seriously. the other thing is: I'm NOT responsible for that "small penis" stuff, am I??? :roll:

Spitting fire?
I just asked "as opposed to a loser tuned hummer?" Nothing more.. *shrug*

You may have not meant anything, but it was amazing how all of a sudden a dozen other folks who "didn't eman anything" crawled out of the wood work.

If that "texas County Hummer" is for real, it is one of the only local government vehicles to ever not display the county name in bold letters.

Any way - this thread is about the Skyline GTR.

RC45
05-16-2006, 09:13 PM
cut the crap! :|
why do you even care if ppl call america bad name and all bs like that ....
even if you do ... why do take it so damn persaonally ?

i dont get it ...
the way you are saying that eveyone is anti-america, and everyone is saying this and that, well just look at some of your recent post ... whast the diffrence between you and them ? .... :roll:

Uhm - you were one of the pricks who was all over the Hummer thread.. have you forgotten how quick you were to jump on the "typical americans" band wagon?

I am not taking it personally - I am tired of having to read that shit everyday in every thread.

Imagine if all day everyday people posted topics about how corrupt, dirty and backwards your home was... everyday - even if untrue you gad to see such comparisons every day - you'd get irritaded eventually.

I mean, do you guys even have enough tarred roads to get a Skyline up to 180kmh before you hit a patch of dirt?

RC45
05-16-2006, 09:16 PM
^^Correct

See - now that is a nice short sharp opinion. :)

That's worth respecting right there.

MIHALS
05-16-2006, 09:19 PM
another lot more work for admins I guess :roll:

I just came home from 15 ( :!: :!: :!: ) hours shift and all I need is to be solving this crap... :roll:

just take everything your way and that's it - it's your decition. go to the forest, start screaming and kicking the trees, maybe it will help you... :roll: GOD, where we at? :roll:

ok, I'm NOT on anybody's side... I just take it by my point of view, I don't even want to be joined in this "JW War"... :bah: :cry: :(

that's all I said, NO MORE

saadie
05-16-2006, 09:28 PM
thast exactly how conversation get the heat ... and lucky you .. you are pretty good at it ...

and anyway .. since you are not staying on the point ...

Uhm - you were one of the pricks who was all over the Hummer thread.. have you forgotten how quick you were to jump on the "typical americans" band wagon?
i dont like the hummer at all .... it has got nothing to do with it being american or not ....

I am not taking it personally - I am tired of having to read that shit everyday in every thread.

Imagine if all day everyday people posted topics about how corrupt, dirty and backwards your home was... everyday - even if untrue you gad to see such comparisons every day - you'd get irritaded eventually.
and that gettin irrated eventually is take thing personally :roll: ...
the thing is .... you always jumped out on anti-american thing ... you created this situation for yourself by yourself ...

RC45
05-16-2006, 09:44 PM
i dont like the hummer at all .... it has got nothing to do with it being american or not ....

This is what you said chap:

now that is gay :lol: .

soo thats where the oil from iraq is going :mrgreen:

What were you trying to imply? yet again? As if we haven;t heard it enough?

you always jumped out on anti-american thing ... you created this situation for yourself by yourself ...

really?

Then what is the sentiment of all those comments you and your buddies make? You expect them to make for happy freindly conversations?

I mean - why do youalways have to add such a jab? What si the real reason?

It has nothing to do with the fact that the GTR is a cool car if I also add it is cool because it beats every Paki car sold.

RC45
05-16-2006, 09:46 PM
another lot more work for admins I guess :roll:

I just came home from 15 ( :!: :!: :!: ) hours shift and all I need is to be solving this crap... :roll:

just take everything your way and that's it - it's your decition. go to the forest, start screaming and kicking the trees, maybe it will help you... :roll: GOD, where we at? :roll:

ok, I'm NOT on anybody's side... I just take it by my point of view, I don't even want to be joined in this "JW War"... :bah: :cry: :(

that's all I said, NO MORE

Ah ha.. :)
At last some one reachs my and some other peoples level of irritation. ;)

This what we are talking about - we are as frustrated as you are at this moment... all we want is to be able to have fun and enjoy JW without all that other crap.. :)

Is that too much to ask for?

ae86_16v
05-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Let's look at how the voting is going. . . at least we all know that it is a "Cool" car for sure.

saadie
05-16-2006, 10:04 PM
This is what you said chap:

now that is gay :lol: .

soo thats where the oil from iraq is going :mrgreen:
have you seent he video "what would jesus drive"
in that vid .. as far as i remember american ppl said that "now that we have iraq why are the gas prices rising" something like that .. soo yeh i had that in mind
and anyway .. it was a sarcastic remark :roll: ... none of the other 'americans' felt bad about it .....

Then what is the sentiment of all those comments you and your buddies make? You expect them to make for happy freindly conversations?

I mean - why do youalways have to add such a jab? What si the real reason?

my budies haha .... i never liked any of your america vs the rest of the world treads .. i always wanted it to stop ... but it kept on growing because in every other tread no matter if a new rover was comming out or anyhting else .. it really had to be compared to a vette :roll:

It has nothing to do with the fact that the GTR is a cool car if I also add it is cool because it beats every Paki car sold.
big deal! .... it even beats the pissy M5's sold here :P

soo yeh ... before all this gets removed .... im not against you RC and on most of the things im on your side ... but now it seems it better to be neuteral and let it all pass by :roll:

nthfinity
05-16-2006, 10:05 PM
i'll tell you wahts really suprizing...

and evidence that RC is right... that there would be wayyyy more active US users if all the folks who voted the C6 into more then 1/2 cool +subzero actually participated...

i dont think one, or two people actually posted that it was cool; yet more then 1/2 say its at least cool...

hopefully that wasn't too confusing

RC45
05-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Let's look at how the voting is going. . . at least we all know that it is a "Cool" car for sure.

Damn straight - cools have it :)

By my reckoning, that Japanese car is cooler than most european cars ;)

but it kept on growing because in every other tread no matter if a new rover was comming out or anyhting else .. it really had to be compared to a vette :roll:

See - now you are comparing a rover to a vette? why would you even do that? :)

RC45
05-16-2006, 10:13 PM
----

Daggernite
05-16-2006, 10:18 PM

Damn straight - cools have it :)

Whats the :wink: for?

The coolest car ive ever seen on british soil is a Skyline, well the Sagaris was, but the Skyline is close. Actually there the same coolness level. To me at least.

MIHALS
05-16-2006, 10:31 PM

hey hey hey, you're right, cos Lambo, Ferrari and Porsche aren't cool, they're SZ :fuck:

yes, I have no problem to say "R34 GTR IS cooler than most european cars" :wink: and that's why I voted Skyline is SZ to me :wink:

but you can't compare Skyline with lambos and ferraris, can you? it's diferent side of the playground :hmm:

Daggernite
05-16-2006, 10:35 PM

hey hey hey, you're right, cos Lambo, Ferrari and Porsche aren't cool, they're SZ :fuck:

yes, I have no problem to say "R34 GTR IS cooler than most european cars" :wink: and that's why I voted Skyline is SZ to me :wink:

but you can't compare Skyline with lambos and ferraris, can you? it's diferent side of the playground :hmm:

The z-tune gets its own fridge, its beyond SZ. The 360CS was defeated by it on BMI. A crazy car!!!

MIHALS
05-16-2006, 10:39 PM
yes I know. but I still can't put skyline or any other jap sportscar next to italian supercars... it feels strange. just like I said - different playground, but both made for fun :wink:

RC45
05-16-2006, 10:42 PM
yes I know. but I still can't put skyline or any other jap sportscar next to italian supercars... it feels strange. just like I said - different playground, but both made for fun :wink:

There is only one playground that counts... the finishline ... if you can't win you must be a loser. :)

When was the last time that a Lambo or Ferrari won a stock-based race series of significance? ;)

TNT
05-16-2006, 10:50 PM

There is only one playground that counts... the finishline ... if you can't win you must be a loser. :)

When was the last time that a Lambo or Ferrari won a stock-based race series of significance? ;)

when has an american car done that? what stock based series is really out there any more? sure they may use an engine or some other parts but to really have a stock based series is to buy it from a dealership and then strip it down and tune it from there.

but back to the skyline, who is to say that a skyline can hang or beat a ferrari or lambo or any other euro car. and why do you all hate BMI? b/c they can out do a euro every now and then. yes they do favor asian cars. just as top gear favors british or euro cars. But just b/c their are fans of every make and model doesn't mean there is a better brand. IMO i wouldn't want a ferrari to drive everyday, its just not useful. hell any car over 40K would be to much. anyone can just hit it.

But back to the topic at hand there are always going to be a Nazi for every brand. just deal with it. you aren't going to change it and you are just wasting webspace fighting for 100 pages and getting no where :roll:

MIHALS
05-16-2006, 11:16 PM

well I'm not actually talking about racing, but about a "style" of having fun behind the wheel and that's very diferent with jap and euro cars...

SWT > who said I hate BM? I actually love them, I can't believe what they can do with the cars on the narrow track bumper to bumper without touching each other :shock: . I was just trying to explain that the "style" of fun is diferent, but still on the highest level, no matter if it's R34 or F430 :wink: (sorry, maybe I have bad explanation, but English is NOT my first language and I NEVER learned it at school :wink: )

TNT
05-16-2006, 11:24 PM
i was talking about JW in general don't really like BMI there are a few of us that enjoy them 8)

RC45
05-17-2006, 12:15 AM
But back to the topic at hand there are always going to be a Nazi for every brand. just deal with it. you aren't going to change it and you are just wasting webspace fighting for 100 pages and getting no where :roll:

Brand nazi's and fan boys are easily handled - just ignore them, their comment sare never based on facts, but rather heresay and stereotypical annectdotes - we need a new name for the conflict trolls that are really the problem instigators :P A diligent uber-mod is what's really needed - someone to summarily delete any offended posts - *wham* - before they incite conflict.

Hmmm... I wonder how I might apply for that position ... :twisted:

Pokiou
05-17-2006, 12:25 AM
sub zero .. its a unique car.. one of a kind.... it drives down a street and you look 3 times at it ...its a good.

pok

nthfinity
05-17-2006, 01:58 AM

when has an american car done that? what stock based series is really out there any more? sure they may use an engine or some other parts but to really have a stock based series is to buy it from a dealership and then strip it down and tune it from there.

GT3 are stock based, GT2 are stock based, and GT1 are stock based.... with the rules loosening up as you approach GT1.

oh, and then there are the rally cars in the Prorally series that are all very based on stock cars (not just subies and evo's... plenty of american cars are involved, and successful too ;) )

so, SWT, what are you on about?

oh a race series that requires a car to be fully stock? well, there are safetey regulations that mean basically we have a roll cage.

a little added aero work for better high speed cornering

a more freely flowing exhaust, and aggressive flywheel, and an equally powerful motor

and totally gutted interior/engine compartment etc.

Race suspension geometries

taht is the GT3 catagorie in a nut shell...

LotusGT1
05-17-2006, 03:05 AM
Fucking drama queens :roll:

RAMMIUS
05-17-2006, 04:08 AM
:popcorn:

RC45
05-17-2006, 09:21 AM
Fucking drama queens :roll:

So have you voted yet? I mean this is a R34 GTR thread... what did youthink it was about?

LotusGT1
05-17-2006, 09:31 AM
LOL...

I voted cool.

Erez
05-17-2006, 08:35 PM
:fuck: Skylines ROCK :fuck:
and the R34 is a SZ (just.. but still!) 8)

RC45
05-19-2006, 11:40 AM

I just saw this... the only reason Spain has so few people.. they all moved to Mexico.. and are trying to get into the US any way they can :P ;)

[edit] And before everyone cries racist etc I am simply quoting one of my wifes hispanic families jokes... altered a little for dramatic impact ;)

RC45
05-19-2006, 12:35 PM
i missed his topic completely after my initial post of "ice cold"

funny how even this topic could somehow end up being so inflammatory :lol: :lol: :lol:

:popcorn: :?

So, after all that you remembered to vote - right?