PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear Ep. 2 (5/14) More info... (Spoiler Warning)

coloradosilver
05-12-2006, 04:13 PM
A more detailed synopsis.

Jeremy blasts around the track in the new Corvette Z06 and despite getting from 0-175mph in one gear, and managing to keep up with a line of flames, he's none too impressed. Then, undeterred from last week's trip into the countryside, the Stig (some say...) takes the 'vette for a spin while practising his language skills.

The news this week was interrupted on more than one occasion, due to Jeremy being distracted by a nice lady standing behind him. In between this, however, they did manage to natter about a tank limo, a stolen Mercedes SLR McLaren and the new Dodge Caliber.

Richard drives a stupidly fast Tom Cat rally car in Iceland and narrowly avoids messing his pants when he hits a rock during a race with a jet-propelled kayak.

Elsewhere, Jeremy, Richard and James all go on a jolly to Brighton in a Cadillac - only it turns out not to be quite so jolly when they have to spend three hours presenting the live drivetime show on Southern Counties Radio... and end up making a hilarious hash of it.

They've tested it on ice, but now it's time to take Jaguar's new XK on a real drive and put the Great Brit through its paces on the Yorkshire Dales. The Jag is pitted against two Germans - BMW's 650i and the Mercedes SL 350.

This week's star in the Reasonably Priced Car happens to be one Gordon Ramsay. Expect the odd swear word or two.

bmagni
05-12-2006, 04:33 PM
seems its gonna be a great episode

Stolen SLR sounds like........ Steffan Eriksson :P

coloradosilver
05-12-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm just surprised that Clarkson doesn't like the new Z06

bmagni
05-12-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm just surprised that Clarkson doesn't like the new Z06

maybe he doesn't like the fact that its a better American car than his GT, and cheaper...

coloradosilver
05-12-2006, 04:41 PM
And apparently way more reliable.

nthfinity
05-12-2006, 04:48 PM
And apparently way more reliable.

compared to all the other GT owners i've interacted with... his is a lemon.

although, a pre-prod mule i drove last year had an electrical problem with the reverse lights being stuck "on"

vexor
05-12-2006, 07:05 PM
thanks for the info coloradosilver

but just a question, what happened to ur resolution to not reading the previews?
I will not read this thread!

I'm sticking to my resolve to not know whats comming up in future episodes as I want to be surprised each week.

:P

bmwmpower
05-13-2006, 02:00 AM
im suprised with SL 350,thats much slower then 650i and XK, why not SL 500 ?

coloradosilver
05-13-2006, 03:06 AM
thanks for the info coloradosilver

but just a question, what happened to ur resolution to not reading the previews?
I will not read this thread!

I'm sticking to my resolve to not know whats comming up in future episodes as I want to be surprised each week.

:P

I decided against that ....More accurately, curiosity got the best of me.

No.1
05-13-2006, 08:25 AM
im suprised with SL 350,thats much slower then 650i and XK, why not SL 500 ?

£ - the cars need to be within the same price bracket.

5vz-fe
05-13-2006, 09:26 AM
<sigh>....wish RC was here.

Looking forward to this episode

gangajas
05-14-2006, 03:46 PM
This is his conclusion about the Corvette:

But do we recommend it? Well, not really. The problem being, off the track and on a road, the car is truly unmanageable, the ride is awful, the engine sounds like it's being fuelled by spanners, it's too wide, it will shake your bones to dust and the gearbox feels like it's out of a tractor.

yg60m
05-14-2006, 03:49 PM
lol, typically JC words :wink:

mindgam3
05-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Pretty crap episode to be honest.

New XK is uglier than the old

Vette gets round the track faster than the zonda :lol:

gangajas
05-14-2006, 04:35 PM

IIRC the Zonda was tested by the black Stig considerably slower than the white Stig

Drew
05-14-2006, 08:10 PM
http://www.clubtopgear.com/images/Clarkson_finger.jpg
Is Clarkson giving Gordon Ramsay the finger? LOL He scratched his face with his middle finger after Ramsay asked him if he had ever run a marathon! LOL :lol:

Drew
05-14-2006, 08:12 PM

IIRC the Zonda was tested by the black Stig considerably slower than the white Stig

So then what is your explanation for the Z06 also having a faster best Nring time than the Zonda and F430 ?

saadie
05-14-2006, 08:20 PM
wwait till the zonda f gets round :D

Drew
05-14-2006, 08:43 PM

It already has. Its the fastest car ever on Top Gear. That was last season.

nthfinity
05-14-2006, 10:57 PM

are you speaking of NS?

well the Zonda has well over 100 more hp then the C6 Z does, and is an all-round hyper exotic... didn't it run a 7:33? i seem to recall that... the CCR running a 7:34 in cold conditions, and of course, the CGT in 7:32 (with HvS)

the current vette isn't gunning for NS record... but the upcoming Hellion corvette is vying for it... lets see if this wallace guy can pull it like Dave Hill did for so many years.

Drew
05-15-2006, 10:58 AM

are you speaking of NS?

well the Zonda has well over 100 more hp then the C6 Z does, and is an all-round hyper exotic... didn't it run a 7:33? i seem to recall that... the CCR running a 7:34 in cold conditions, and of course, the CGT in 7:32 (with HvS)

the current vette isn't gunning for NS record... but the upcoming Hellion corvette is vying for it... lets see if this wallace guy can pull it like Dave Hill did for so many years.

http://www.clubtopgear.com/images/board.jpg
No it was the Zonda F. That is the way they have it written on the lap board and it is the current leader on the Top Gear track.

And I dont think anyone is trying to put a Z06 up against the Zonda F!! Thats not even the point! Nobody said the Z06 is the fastest car in the world. I'm happy enough that it can already beat so many other cars that cost 4, 5, and 6 times its cost!!

P.S. The CCX is clearly the most HP to weight ratio from a stock car in the world. If they get a wing on that car and it becomes controllable it will beat everything. Veyron, Zonda F, everything. (Personally I don’t think the Veyron will be very fast anyway, not even top 5. It weighs to damn much!)

Drew
05-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Here is my quick review -
(DON’T READ IF YOU DON’T WANT IT TO BE SPOILED)

• The Stig in the Z06 was great! I’m really glad this show is finally showing how fast the Z06 is. The Nürburgring times have been out for a while and everyone already knew it was faster on the Nring that the F430 and Zonda S. However that whole piece where Jeremy drives around with fire burning behind him was pretty stupid.

• The Iceland Rally car VS. kayak was rubbish except for the beautiful scenery.

• Ditto for the Jag Xk piece and why didn’t they let the Stig test that car?

• The Gordon Ramsay part was funny just because I think Clarkson flipped him off! Lol

• That whole radio part was just lame and a waist of video.

• The Stig doing the finally lap in the Suzuki was really cool.

All in all a pretty weak episode. I hope next weeks will be better.